PDA

View Full Version : Flaming river steering shaft.

black90lx
11-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Will that help the rubbing issue on the long tube headers i just put on? I really don't want to in through the trouble of pulling it back out and i don't want to beat on them to make the stock one fit. I have the factory rack in it.

graysonracin
11-19-2008, 07:39 PM
I just just ordered the steering shaft your taliking about, i havent put it on yet but it looks like it will take care of the problem, they acutally say they improve steering response and give header clearance. I was going to try to modify my stock one but then i thought about the ragjoint getting all the heat and screwing me down the road. I think summit is the cheapest on the flaming river kit, i ordered the low profile kit for extra header clearance it was 164.95 plus their handling charge.

black90lx
11-19-2008, 07:43 PM
i took the header back off and got it real hot then tapped it in with a hammer. it actually looks like it came that way. lol

graysonracin
11-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Im too lazy too take the header back off, your ways cheaper.:lol:

black90lx
11-19-2008, 08:13 PM
yea thats why i did it.lol..... i found it alot easier to take the header out from underneath the car. i plan on putting a manual rack in the car and the shafts are different for a power and manual rack so i figured i would just wait until i get my manual rack