PDA

View Full Version : "New" Quick Street Rules - OSM

Kelly Pelrine
11-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Class will run on an Open Comp format with a 1-tenth (1/10th) breakout. All run, .400 Pro Tree, Inverted Pro Ladder (1 vs 2). Vehicles are not required to have current tags or registration.

Interior
The interior must have dash, steering column, and front seat in stock location with rear seat being optional.

Body
- Vehicles from a major manufacturer only.
- Full fiberglass bodies are not allowed with the exception of the Corvette.
- Must be street legal appearing.
- Cars must have working tail lights.
- Door cars only. No dragsters or roadsters.

Engine And Transmission
Any modifications, vehicle weight, or power adders permitted. Any gear change must occur as a result of an internal function of the transmission or from direct action by the driver. Pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, etc. shifters prohibited. Trans-brakes and 2-steps permitted.

Electrical
Optical sensors, delay boxes and electrical or pneumatic throttle stops are not allowed.
If you have one of these bracket racing aids in your car they must be visibly unplugged. Tech, at its discretion, may seal (tape) the connections. These boxes will be teched at anytime during qualifying and eliminations. Immediate disqualification will ensue if tech determines use of these functions or if tech seal is broken.

Deep Staging
Deep staging is permitted. If you plan to deep stage, it is strongly recommended that you boldly display the words DEEP on all four windows, in plain view of the starter. It is always the driver’s responsibility to stage the vehicle prior to the tree being activated. In any event, the driver must be prepared to leave as soon as the final stage light is lit.

A competitor with the words DEEP displayed on the window is not necessarily obligated to deep stage. As well, the starter is not necessarily obligated to wait on a driver to deep stage, even if the words DEEP are displayed on the vehicle. All drivers must be prepared to leave as soon as the final stage light is lit.

Disqualification
Disqualification, (the pass will not count) for any of the following: crossing the centerline, use of above mentioned bracket racing aids, improper staging procedures, failure to report to staging lanes when called.

Qualifying And Eliminations
Quick Street cars will qualify for run positions and be placed on an inverted pro ladder meaning cars closest in ET will be paired. Lane choice is determined by previous round E.T. The quickest qualifying ET permitted in this class is 8.80; the slowest qualifying ET permitted in this class is 15.70. Any qualifying pass quicker than 8.799 or slower than 15.701 will be disqualified and will not be counted. Competitor will be permitted to re-qualify if an additional qualifying round is left. There is no ET limit (minimum or maximum) in eliminations. NHRA “First or Worst” competition policy is in effect during qualifying and eliminations.

JASON408
11-16-2008, 04:58 PM
can you double enter ( 6.50 and open comp )

Kelly Pelrine
11-16-2008, 05:12 PM
yes you can :)

Rich
11-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Kelly,

Is the 1/10 breakout off of your best qualification pass? So if your best qual pass was a 11.50, your dial in would be 11.40...correct?

Timido
11-16-2008, 05:50 PM
1/4mile right? I think the Invertered ladder you are doing would be real cool with the open comp and .1 breakout. Looks like I might need to bring some more Fuel next year and run 2 classes. Please run the order of the classes so the .650 and .750 guys have enough time to come back around and play in quick street.

Tim

Kelly Pelrine
11-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Kelly,

Is the 1/10 breakout off of your best qualification pass? So if your best qual pass was a 11.50, your dial in would be 11.40...correct?

Thats correct

Kelly Pelrine
11-16-2008, 06:08 PM
1/4mile right? I think the Invertered ladder you are doing would be real cool with the open comp and .1 breakout. Looks like I might need to bring some more Fuel next year and run 2 classes. Please run the order of the classes so the .650 and .750 guys have enough time to come back around and play in quick street.

Tim

Yup yup 1/4 mile. I will do my best to make sure there is enough time in between classes, but i cant hodl up the program either.

Mockstang
11-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey kelly i think you just started something new with open comp.You may be the first to do Invertered ladder for this class.

Mockstang
11-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Racing going to be alot closer now and racer like really close racing.Good job on the class rules.

Kelly Pelrine
11-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Racing going to be alot closer now and racer like really close racing.Good job on the class rules.

Thanks! I consider that a big compliment from you, seriously! Cuz you really seem on the ball with the OC stuff. :bigthumb

JASON408
11-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Im always the first to open my mouth on the 8.5 stuff . But i think you got a good thing going with the open comp ! hole class looks good :bigthumb i can see a lot of umtr cars fitting in it should be a good time !!!!!!!!!!

Rich
11-16-2008, 07:36 PM
i can see a lot of umtr cars fitting in it should be a good time !!!!!!!!!!

Good point...this class allows anyone with any combo class to compete in and a chance to win...without having to change their combo!

Great job Kelly!:bigthumb:bigthumb

Kelly Pelrine
11-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Im always the first to open my mouth on the 8.5 stuff . But i think you got a good thing going with the open comp ! hole class looks good :bigthumb i can see a lot of umtr cars fitting in it should be a good time !!!!!!!!!!

Yea 8.5 is wearing me out right now. Not happy with some peoples actions of late. But, there are a lot of good people running that class and i wont let a few spoil it for the rest.

Thanks Jason... i was hoping to give the UMTR guys another place to race :)

Kelly Pelrine
11-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Can a moderator please remove the part of the rules where it states "must have working headlights"? Thanks!

sprayn93coupe
11-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Looks good Kelly I'm there.

mustang8998
11-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Hell yeah!

outlaw85
11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks Kelly
I will be there for sure!
I do think we need a points champion though it's not a series without a champion!

69Cobra
11-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Pro Tree. O/C format. I'M THERE!
I also agree with Josh on the points deal.

PonymanfiveO
11-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Cant wait!!!!!

Kelly Pelrine
11-18-2008, 02:09 AM
Thanks Kelly
I do think we need a points champion though it's not a series without a champion!

I was discussing that this evening hehe. I will come up with something with the points :)

Timido
11-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Can a moderator please remove the part of the rules where it states "must have working headlights"? Thanks!

Done. Cool class I am sure there will be lots of Stangbangerz there.

Rich
11-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Is this going to be a points/championship class?

MustangChuck
11-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Will this be at edgewater or tri-state?

orangecoupe
11-18-2008, 09:03 PM
This class looks great. I will be there.

orangecoupe
11-18-2008, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=MustangChuck;424582]Will this be at edgewater or tri-state?[/QUOTE

Edgewater

Mockstang
11-19-2008, 12:04 AM
I was discussing that this evening hehe. I will come up with something with the points :)The way are bracket class does it you get 10pt for turning in a your Tech card or Run card then you get 10pt every round you go and the winner get a extra 10pt for winning the final.If there a tie for first at the end of the last race they have a runoff for the championship.

The tech cards we use have round number 1-10 on top of the tech card.

12seclx
11-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Sounds like fun... plannin' on being there myself....
as long as it's ok with the director.....:cool2:

Kelly Pelrine
11-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Done. Cool class I am sure there will be lots of Stangbangerz there.

Thanks Tim!

Kelly Pelrine
11-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Is this going to be a points/championship class?

Workin on it. I will post when i have more info :)

Kelly Pelrine
11-19-2008, 08:36 AM
as long as it's ok with the director.....:cool2:

Of course! :bigthumb

Kelly Pelrine
11-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks Kelly

Hey Josh.... QS will be a points chase :bigthumb

The revised points system for next year is now posted.

http://www.outlawstreetmadness.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=32

69Cobra
11-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks Kelly!!! Count me in.

outlaw85
11-22-2008, 06:05 AM
Hey Josh.... QS will be a points chase :bigthumb

The revised points system for next year is now posted.

http://www.outlawstreetmadness.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=32

Thanks Kelly,
COUMT ME IN!

69Cobra
11-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Well sense I keep getting pushed farther and farther out of UMTR. You can count on me full time. If you need someone to bounce ideas off or what ever just holla

Kelly Pelrine
11-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Well sense I keep getting pushed farther and farther out of UMTR. You can count on me full time. If you need someone to bounce ideas off or what ever just holla

You must have esp or your ears were ringing, i was just talkin bout you lol!

orangecoupe
11-23-2008, 11:43 PM
sounds great count me in!