PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Women Event

cobra_SVT_Girl
11-19-2008, 12:13 PM
I wanted to post this in the general forum section because even though it is a Wicked Women get together, everyone is welcome!

Cincy Speed has graciously offered to host the end of the year Wicked Women event on Saturday, December 6th 10AM--????! The dyno will be open for the ladies so please PM me if you are interested. This will also be a great time to get your Cincy Speed gift cards and presents taken care of before Christmas :D. So guys...you better be telling your women what you want! Cincy Speed shirts make great stocking stuffers!!!

There will be plenty of food and other delicious vittles available cause we Wicked Women know how to party!

Also, at every Wicked Women event we try to give back something to the community. During these rocky economic times it's so very important to remember the people are who less fortunate than we are and the multitude of families that will be struggling this holiday season. In true Holiday spirit, we will be hosting a canned food drive for the Free Store Food Bank. There will be two barrels to fill up so let’s show the Free Store how we roll!

Food items that are ALWAYS needed include: canned meat products (tuna, chicken, ham, spaghetti with meatballs, chili with meat and beans, beef stew, beans and hot dogs, etc.) peanut butter, canned vegetables and fruits. Other items needed include: canned soups, macaroni and cheese and personal care items (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste/brush, feminine hygiene products, disposable diapers). Just remember no glass items.

Not everyone has extra food at home or remembers to bring in their cans. For every $1.00 donated the Free Store is able to purchase $7.00-$9.00 worth of food. Checks should be made out to: The Freestore Foodbank, Inc.

I will update you as more details are available! We will have some WW apparel available for purchase as well! :)

Stay tuned!!!!!!

Daney

PonymanfiveO
11-19-2008, 01:18 PM
COOL!!!!

Timido
11-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Very Cool stuff. Just think it is that easy to grab a couple cans of food and drop them off.

VuNiT3
11-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Good idea! I will actually be able to make this event.

DeckerEnt
11-19-2008, 05:58 PM
A great cause this time of year. If I can make it, I will stop by with a few cans of something!!
Keith

cobrajoe
11-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Daney T and I'll will put a bag of stuff together if your willing to come over or let us drop it off, I'll probably be teaching that weekend over at Perfect.

cobra_SVT_Girl
11-21-2008, 11:22 AM
WOO HOO! I'm excited. Should be a good turn out. Nice to spend some time with some good peeps before the holidays :).

Joe, we can arrange to pick up the cans probably that day if you want on the way in.

Thanks everyone! I hope to see you all there!

Daney

PONYGRL
11-24-2008, 11:07 AM
I think a canned food drive is a great idea. We will try to make it out.

1992MustangDW
11-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I have a few extra cans.

MrsAPE
11-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Pretty sure hubby and I will be there!!

RACEME
12-03-2008, 08:01 AM
I am not going to make it, but the wife is planning on going to show the kids to Holly.

Craig...that would be a REAL GOOD time to remind the chicks that CS gift cards make good stocking stuffers!

Holly
12-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I am not going to make it, but the wife is planning on going to show the kids to Holly.

Yay! :D

MrsAPE
12-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Craig...that would be a REAL GOOD time to remind the chicks that CS gift cards make good stocking stuffers!

AND remind the dudes that their chick may dig one too!! :cool1:

jls94z
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
AND remind the dudes that their chick may dig one too!! :cool1:

Yes they do! I need a helmet! :D

VuNiT3
12-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I can't wait! I would like to dyno the truck, but it may need to go last due to the smoke factor.

Blackpony
12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Is Cincy speed having a sale that day? I need a new radiator

Hangingcogs
12-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Craig has everyday low prices, just like WalMart! :lol:

cobra_SVT_Girl
12-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Craig has everyday low prices, just like WalMart! :lol:

LMAO!!!!!

cobra_SVT_Girl
12-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Okay people!!!! Don't forget about tomorrow! Good food, good people, good times! I'm very excited to see all of you!!!

ANNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDD don't forget your canned goods! You are going to make some other families very happy this year :) :) :)

I will have some shirts available and some other things we are going to be giving away!!!!

WOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

See y'all tomorrow!!!!

cobrajoe
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm gonna go shopping tonight. Where you want me to take this stuff to? I'm guessing I'm gonna have a few bags or I might box it.

Stangman
12-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I'll be showing up tomorrow in the hotrod lincoln :bigthumb

PONYGRL
12-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I'll be showing up tomorrow in the hotrod lincoln :bigthumb

Do you know where it's at? If not you can drive to KY to follow me ("if" I end up making it... which I feel like total crap right now) so that you don't end up in Georgetown again! buhaha. Just messin with ya. ;) But I do need to at least meet up with ya to get my camera.

DeckerEnt
12-05-2008, 08:15 PM
I have what looks to be a large cleaning job tomorrow but as soon as I am done, I will be up. I will stop at wally world and get some cans as well. How long will this event be hopping? I will probably call when i am on my way just to be sure. Good luck on the power numbers to all.!!!
Keith

KobraII
12-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Dammit, I have some school work to finish up before finals work tomorrow. I'd love to come up. Oh well, maybe some other time :(

Holly
12-05-2008, 10:20 PM
I just went to Kroger and they had their ravioli and cans of stuff like that for $1.00 a can. I will be bringing some of those.

DeckerEnt
12-06-2008, 12:06 AM
There is a Kroger up the street from me. I may stop in there.
Keith

cobrajoe
12-06-2008, 07:07 AM
If someone can make sure there is some good pics taken I'll try and write up a little something about the WW and their food drive for the Food store and try and get it put in the Enquirer's Your Home Town section. Up to the WW though.

cobra_SVT_Girl
12-06-2008, 12:53 PM
That sounds awesome!

We are here right now and we've got a lot of cans collected so far. WOOT :)

Hope everyone drives safe if they are heading this way.

Silver Bullet
12-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Rob and I should be enrt soon!:D

cobrajoe
12-06-2008, 01:19 PM
make sure there is a shot of the food barrels.

Maximus
12-06-2008, 04:31 PM
I was surprised with the turnout. I was not expecting so many with this Crappy weather. Hopefully everyone made it home alright.:)

THANK YOU all to who showed up and donated some canned food. Im sure the donations will feed at least 10 or more people.:bigthumb

Silver Bullet
12-06-2008, 05:25 PM
I was surprised with the turnout. I was not expecting so many with this Crappy weather. Hopefully everyone made it home alright.:)

THANK YOU all to who showed up and donated some canned food. Im sure the donations will feed at least 10 or more people.:bigthumb

It was a really good time Craig. Good to see everyone up there. The Food was Delicious!!! Thanks Ladies!

Sorry to show up so late and miss the rest of you Women!

Holly
12-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Man, the roads are ICY! I saw at least 10 wrecks today, most were on 471 on my way there. I went to Trader's World after I left CS and the further north I got, the harder it was snowing.

But anyway, I had a good time hanging out at the shop, talking to everybody. Thanks for the burgers Craig! Glad everyone liked the cookie bars.

Hannah is ADORABLE! I think I had the most fun talking/playing with her, she's a little sweety.

Silver Bullet
12-06-2008, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=Holly;429621]Man, the roads are ICY! I saw at least 10 wrecks today, most were on 471 on my way there. I went to Trader's World after I left CS and the further north I got, the harder it was snowing.

QUOTE]

AHHHHAAAAHHH! It wasn't that bad! I did I little Off Roading on my way home! Over the hills we went!:D

PONYGRL
12-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey guys, it was nice meeting a lot of you earlier! I know the weather was bad, but I'm glad we made it out.

Hopefully the rest of you ladies can make it to the next lil get-together. It was nice meeting some more new people and being able to check out the shop.

Hope you guys enjoyed my chocolate cake....I know Chris and I both had a great time!

MrsAPE
12-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Sorry we did not make it. But, well, surgery is scheduled for me this coming Wednesday and we had some things to take care of before I'm down and out for a month. Glad those that made it had a good time.
How long will the barrels be at Cincy?!

VuNiT3
12-07-2008, 09:41 AM
I am glad it was a good turnout yesterday. I would have been there but my truck went out of commission Friday night. (broken output shaft) Once I get her up and running, I'll have a surprise for next year.;)

cobra_SVT_Girl
12-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Thank you so much EVERYONE....even if you weren't there. It was an amazing time and I was glad I got to see and meet some of you. There will be plenty more of these in the future! :)

Thank you to everyone who donated food! That is amazing and it made me very happy to see our can so full! :) :) :) Good job guys.

Special thanks to Dani and Marci for keeping me together and coming up with all these creative ideas to make the WW better!!!!

Thank you to Craig as always for hosting us "Wicked Hens" in your henhouse and going out of your way to make sure we are always looked out for. Just another reason why you are so great ;).

I can't wait to do it again!!!!! :) :) :)

cobrajoe
12-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Am I writing this up? I'm waiting on some pics to be sent to me so I can write this up? :rolleyes:

Stangman
12-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Holly..... I need more cookies bars!!! :drool:

PONYGRL
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
lol even though they have coconut...that is undectable! Those were definitely good though. I'll have to make them sometime. ;)

Pyro50
12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
It was great to see everyone and to meet new people! Holly, those things you made were great, even if they were calorie free :lol:

Stangman
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
lol even though they have coconut...that is undectable! Those were definitely good though. I'll have to make them sometime. ;)

DOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!

Pretty please?

Hangingcogs
12-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Hannah is ADORABLE! I think I had the most fun talking/playing with her, she's a little sweety.

I am glad that we came down! We had a great time....now it's back to the garage to start ripping out the 2v!

MrsAPE
12-08-2008, 03:48 PM
looks like we need to get Hannah a shirt for next year!! Too cute!!