PDA

View Full Version : Official Gun Suggestion/Opinion Thread!!

Maximus
11-20-2008, 06:16 PM
First off, STANGBANGERZ.COM is NOT a place to buy or sell Firearms!!

With that being said.

Im looking at getting one of the following Handguns.

Springfield-Armory XD Sub-Compact .40
http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=63

OR
Smith & Wesson
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&productId=51902&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=15711&isFirearm=Y

OR
Sig Sauer
http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=9&productid=71

OR
Glock27
http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm

Open to all suggestions and/or comments about the actual experience with any of the above Guns. Also where you have had GREAT customer service at any LOCAL Gun Shops. Hopefully I will be buying in the next two weeks.

Fire away!!! <~~PUN intended.:lol:

Jeff88coupe
11-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Craig....stop by Shooter's gun store/range in Independence off of Richardson road. They are having a S&W demo day December 6th....lots of demo guns to try out at their indoor range. Me and Timado were just there this afternoon putting lots of holes in paper targets. Are you set on a .40 cal?

facemelter71
11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Throw the Glock away and spend the cash money on that sig.GOOD STUFF.
If you want,Ill let you shoot the beretta 40 I have.Or are you talkin CCW?

Kevin1989
11-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Glock FTW my uncle left me one when he passed away, its a 9mm verry accurate, i love it!

Maximus
11-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Craig....stop by Shooter's gun store/range in Independence off of Richardson road. They are having a S&W demo day December 6th....lots of demo guns to try out at their indoor range. Me and Timado were just there this afternoon putting lots of holes in paper targets. Are you set on a .40 cal?

Dec 6th is the Wicked Women Day at Cincy Speed!! BUT I would still like to blow some holes in some targets sometime. :D

I dont know alot about the .40, school us on the other size rounds. :)

BigBadStang
11-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Craig, you will get many, many wildly varying opinions & input when it comes to firearms, even more so when it comes to handguns. Typically if you stay with the more prominent named manufacturers you will get a quality firearm. The best thing to do is get out to a range that has varying models you can rent to try them out. Peoples preferences vary wildly due to the intended use, and the comfort of the handgun in relation to how it fits your hand.
Example: my wife carries a Taurus PT-111 Pro, and she loves it. I hate it because it's way too small for my hands. And she HATES the Glock 36 I carry because she can barely hang onto it.

Just try to get out and try 'em out to see which one YOU like best. ;) Don't make your choice solely on someones opinion on which one is best for you.
Make sure you have fun trying them out!

BigBadStang
11-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Dec 6th is the Wicked Women Day at Cincy Speed!! BUT I would still like to blow some holes in some targets sometime. :D

Craig,
Stopping Power MUST be considered if the handgun is going to be used for personal protection. The stopping power of a particular round is the ability of a bullet to cause a target to stop advancing and to bleed out as fast as possible. If a 9mm Hydra-Shok 124 grain +P+ and a .40 Remington Golden Sabre 165 grain each achieve maximum expansion, you probably won't notice much of a difference. But, if a 9mm and a .40's hollow point get clogged, it is indisputable that the .40 will produce a larger permanent wound channel resulting in quicker a bleed out/incapacitation. The same goes for a .45 over a .40S&W.

Accuracy can be equal with each round. For the recoil sensitive, the 9mm would probably produce better accuracy. For competition shooters, 9mm seems to allow faster split times.

Shootability relates to the ease of handling the recoil. Of course, the 9mm's recoil in noticeably less than the .40S&W. However, there are many shooters who find the .40 S&W quite manageable, with the .45's having more recoil, especially in todays lightweight, sub-compact handguns.

In general, for target factory ammo: 9mm is going to cost about $2/box of 50 less than .40 for a brand like PMC or Blazer.

The 9mm is more commonplace. There are many areas in the U.S. where .40S&W are hard to come by and too expensive for many shooters as compared to the 9mm.

Try both calibers, including the .45, in as many different platforms as you can. There is no substitute for firsthand experience in determining which round you will feel more comfortable with and have the most confidence.

DeckerEnt
11-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Shooters is open till 9:00 during the week and saturday. Sunday they close at 7:00. No excuses now. Let me know when you are going. I will bring a few.
Keith

ADaughen
11-20-2008, 07:19 PM

.40S&W is a "snappy" round. A lot of people don't like the recoil as much as a 9mm or even a .45

The .40 tends to snap your wrist back... vs a 9mm which jumps a little.

You should really try to shoot the .40 out of a lightweight compact before buying one. I got one of those Micro 1911s in .45 and went to town shooting 230gr through it. It wasn't as fun as I had hoped. :lol: My wife would rather shoot my fullsize 1911 in .45 rather than my compact .40.

I have a compact .40 (HK USPc) and a compact 9mm (S&W M&Pc) if you ever want to try them out.

I'm not too fond of Glock's .40 pistols. The unsupported chamber can "Kaboom (http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html)" (usually happens on hot reloads). IMHO, stick with the 9mm (G26) or plan on buying factory ammo for the .40. G26 is a nice little shooter. I imagine the G27 will be just as nice.
**Disclaimer** Plenty of LEOs carry the G22 (fullsize .40) without any issues...

I have had good success with the Sigs, I haven't shot the 239 yet.

A lot of people like the XD, I haven't shot that either.

Timido
11-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I have heard good things about the XD. I like Sigs alot. My Sig was born in 1979 and probably has a million rounds through it and it allways goes boom. My new pocket gun went bang about 80 times today with one hick up. 9mm Keltec it has a little bite to it because it is only about 15ounces loaded. If you want to shoot alot 9mm is way cheaper than any other self defence ammo. All the ballistics stuff that I have read says 9mm minimum. I have shoot similar Sigs in 9mm .40 and .45 and they all shoot about the same with the .40 being a little snappy and the .45 kinda pushs you a little more than the 9mm.

ADaughen
11-20-2008, 07:34 PM
But, if a 9mm and a .40's hollow point get clogged, it is indisputable that the .40 will produce a larger permanent wound channel resulting in quicker a bleed out/incapacitation.

I don't want to turn this thread into a caliber pissing match, but...

.40 inches == 10mm

There is very little difference between 9mm and .40S&W in today's bullet performance. 18 years ago, there was a marked difference, which is why .40 came about. The FBI wanted something a little less powerful than their 10mm hand cannons.

Shot placement is the "stopping power".

BigBadStang
11-20-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't want to turn this thread into a caliber pissing match, but...
...40 inches == 10mm
...Shot placement is the "stopping power".

You are correct in your information. I wasn't promoting one caliber over another. The fact I stated is that an unexpanded .40 makes a bigger hole than an unexpanded 9mm, and an unexpanded .45 makes an even bigger hole yet. :)

In theory, shot placement is a fine thing, but more often than not, in a high stress environment, such as self defense, shot placement goes out the window. If you don't think it will affect you, you're fooling yourself.
I speak of this firsthand, and believe me, it WILL affect your accuracy. Don't buy it? Simply ask a cop, or anyone else that has been involved in a close range self defense shooting, and compare rounds fired to rounds landed. :)

Walter
11-20-2008, 08:22 PM
There will be alot of opinions on the models outlined. All listed are reliable, go with the ergos that fit your hand. Handle all before buying and shoot them if possible. Also, purpose will dictate the size of the pistol needed. There will be big debates on caliber. IMO, 9mm on up is all good obviously.

My opinions,

XD, good pistol but height (between the trigger and top of the slide) is taller than any comparable Glock. The higher the slide is, the more recoil that is felt. Also I hate backstrap safeties, in a struggle it may be possible that the pistol may not operate due to not having the webbing of your hand on the backstrap.

M&P, reviews show praise. $50 rebate of free mag right now. M&P mags are not cheap.

Sig, I love sigs. $$$ tho.

Glock, I love Glocks too. The 27 may not fit your hand tho.

Evil_Capri
11-20-2008, 08:31 PM
I almost purchased an XD Sub-Compact this past weekend at the gun show in Sharonville. I'd really like to shoot one first, but felt good in my hand. Nice weight and balance. (Of course for some strange reason I also wanted a couple cool "Josey Wales" type revolers!! :lol: )

Adam@S&MMotorsports
11-20-2008, 08:38 PM
As you know I love my 45s but it comes down to what size/ weight of gun you want to carry plus what you can physically control and shoot well. I love my G30 and my Ruger kp345 but they are heavy. I think I am going to buy a Glock 39 (45 GAP) over the xd 40 and the G27 I was considering earlier...:bigthumb

Black92LX
11-20-2008, 08:46 PM
I have shot each and everyone of those firearms in questions and I can tell you that honestly you can't go wrong with any of them.

I presume this will be a concealed carry purchase. So the question you also forgot to ask is what holster because it matters just as much as the gun.

As for your list here is my order that I would purchase.
Sig
Springfield
Smith & Wesson
Glock

I carry a Glock everyday and honestly I hate it (i don't have a choice in what i carry). I do trust that it will go bang when the trigger is pulled. The thing that really matters.
The Glock feels much like a brick to me and is very very uncomfortable for me to handle and I shoot terribly with it.
The Sig well they just fit my hand like a glove, it just feels right and I shoot them very well.
The Springfield is a great gun, decent feel but is very similar to the glock in feel. Though slightly different with the grip safety.
The Smith is very nice and comfortable especially with the interchangeable backstraps so one can fit it to the hand better.

The key here is shoot them all and pick the one that is most comfortable for you to shoot and the one you feel most comfortable shooting with. I wouldn't want to carry an XD as my weapon because of the grip safety.

The question that you forgot to ask is what holsters.
Hands down the greatest concealed carry holster is the Milt Sparks Versa Max II.
www.miltsparks.com
they are pricey and are currently around a 30 week backorder.

Comp Tac makes some nice non leather holsters.

A belt is very important as well. You need to have a strong belt or it will twist on you and be very uncomfortable.

As for shops up there. I like One Shot and Shooter's Supply

As for your caliber choice. .40 is decent and it's what I carry on a daily basis (again I have no choice)
If it were up to me I would carry a .357 Sig. I am just wicked accurate with that round. It has a very distinct feel to it. Very comfortable and controllable.
It's kind of the best of both worlds. It essentially a .40 S&W casing necked down to a 9mm bullet.

cstreu1026
11-20-2008, 09:02 PM
I have the S&W in .40 if you want to give it a try. I am pretty happy with the purchase. I hate polymer frame guns. THey never feel right to me. The S&W was the first one I really liked the feel of. The interchangeable backstrap is nice feature as well.

ADaughen
11-20-2008, 09:23 PM
In theory, shot placement is a fine thing, but more often than not, in a high stress environment, such as self defense, shot placement goes out the window. If you don't think it will affect you, you're fooling yourself.
I speak of this firsthand, and believe me, it WILL affect your accuracy. Don't buy it? Simply ask a cop, or anyone else that has been involved in a close range self defense shooting, and compare rounds fired to rounds landed. :)

The only LEO, I know, that put more rounds down range than me last year is on the Miami-Shelby SWAT. :bigthumb How many LEO do you know that put ~12,000rds down range last year?

Practice. Practice. Practice. And then practice some more. Some day your life might depend on it.

I know high-stress shot placement is going to be crappy, but I'm expecting muscle memory will take over and failure drill the dirt bag(s).

TDI is right here in Ohio and has reasonablly priced classes. There isn't an excuse for anyone who wants to get the most out of themselves not to go.

Pops Fun
11-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi
Lots of choices....
first figure out what you what to do with it
concealed carry
home defense
plinking at the local range

Then go and touch a lot of guns, hold them wrap your hands around them.

Pick the ones you like and shoot them.
There will be several that feel right.

Then make a decision according to what you what the weapon to do.

Lots of talk about caliber..... for defense..... it is shot placement, shot placement and shot placement.
Having said that I wouldn't consider anything under a .380 for defense.
I have mostly 9mm and like them... I carry a S&W MP C 9mm with a laser and would be glad to meet some evening. I like to shoot!!:)
I have a couple 9mm's with different feels ....

BigBadStang
11-20-2008, 10:24 PM
...:bigthumb How many LEO do you know that put ~12,000rds down range last year?

Practice. Practice. Practice. And then practice some more. Some day your life might depend on it.

I know high-stress shot placement is going to be crappy, but I'm expecting muscle memory will take over and failure drill the dirt bag(s).

TDI is right here in Ohio and has reasonablly priced classes. There isn't an excuse for anyone who wants to get the most out of themselves not to go.

Sadly, there are a lot of LEO's that don't do enough range time IMO.
Very well said about practicing and muscle memory.
I'm with you, if you are going to take on the HEAVY responsibility of carrying concealed, there is no excuse for not taking the extra steps to develop your skills to the levels needed to keep your family, self, and innocent bystanders safe should a use of deadly force situation arise. :bigthumb

Walter
11-20-2008, 10:49 PM
As you know I love my 45s but it comes down to what size/ weight of gun you want to carry plus what you can physically control and shoot well. I love my G30 and my Ruger kp345 but they are heavy. I think I am going to buy a Glock 39 (45 GAP) over the xd 40 and the G27 I was considering earlier...:bigthumb

Why go with a specialy round??? Whay it you have to nuy ammo in a pinch? I honeslty cant recall the last time Ive seen 45 gap sold.

Mista Bone
11-20-2008, 10:50 PM
I have two 40 S&W chamber guns. You can buy "Home Defense" Loads from Federal if your worried about over penetration like I was living in a house/mobile home.

Alot of the "snappiness" of the 40 S&W depends on the gun design itself, like how far above centerline the barrel is placed. Also, borrow/rent a few different models to find which gun fits your hand. I've smaller hands and the Glock G22 with Hogue grip fits me perfect.

4 clips. two guns with reloading while walking towards the target, I started at about 15-20 yards, when the pistol came back down on target I squeezed again......

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/SBZ/2007%20Farm%20Party/P9220013.jpg

Box of ammo gone in 40 seconds, but it was a blast.

I can't grip a Hi Cap 45 ACP like a Para Ordance.

Mista Bone
11-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Why go with a specialy round??? Whay it you have to nuy ammo in a pinch? I honeslty cant recall the last time Ive seen 45 gap sold.

I prefer the 40, but the 9mm you'll be able to get ammo alot easier.......when the shit happens.

Meijers even sells 9mm :)

Adam@S&MMotorsports
11-20-2008, 11:45 PM

Well the gun itself is the size of the G27 (40)but has the power of the 45 ACP. I have had no problems finding .45 GAP ammo. Never needed ammo in a pinch I guess I figure 2 clips of 8 should be fine unless I move to Afghanistan.

DeckerEnt
11-21-2008, 12:13 AM
I love my Thaurus pt 145. 10 + 1 of .45acp. Unloaded it is unbalanced as hell but put a fresh clip in it and all is right. Craig, I will bring it to the range when you finally decide to go.
Keith

ADaughen
11-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Box of ammo gone in 40 seconds, but it was a blast.

I can't grip a Hi Cap 45 ACP like a Para Ordance.

Unless you are already running thin grips on a single stack 1911, the Para P14-45 is only slightly wider.

Putting two next to each other, 4 out of 5 couldn't tell the difference until they picked it up and felt the weight different.

I have one of those, too. :o:D

Mista Bone
11-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Like I said, I have small hands. A normal 45 is uncomfortable to handle at times.

I had an extended slide release installed on the Glock.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Misc/Toys/PC140004.jpg

11.25mm

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Misc/Toys/PC140005.jpg

ADaughen
11-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Like I said, I have small hands.

Sorry, I didn't read that in the prior post. I guess I can't help you there.

Blackballed
11-21-2008, 12:56 AM
My wife and I just bought the Springfield XD 9 Sub. Love it. Came with Concealed Holster, 2 mags, and mag holder. They have special offer right now to send off for (2) free mags. Can't beat that. You should just go ahead and get you an AR-15:angel:

tcorns
11-21-2008, 12:59 AM
http://www.theboxotruth.com/index.htm

just something to look at when it comes to real world balistic testing. these folks use everyday materials and common rounds of ammunition and some of the results are absolutly startling.

trev

Maximus
11-21-2008, 01:11 AM
WOW! What a Great wealth of information we have going on here. THANK YOU for the educated and respectful responses....Looks like we need to have a SBZ Range day!!:bigthumb

Waffles
11-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Craig, just an opinion but I think you should check out the Kimber Ultra Carry II's.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/images/pistols/ultra_carry.jpg

Or if you can find one, the Ultra Ten II, which is my CC.

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/Kimber/ultraten2.jpg

2Kblacksleeper
11-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Craig, The best adive we all can give is to go to either Shooters in ky, or Target world up on Kemper. They are indoor ranges with alot of different ones to try. Just remember if you go to Target world DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. They are always over priced and i hate to personally go there. I buy alot of stuff from Hunters den in Amelia. I also like Shooters supply in Loveland. I bought my first gun from Dan and Marvin there just after i turned 21. That was 7 years ago. I go to One shot to look and they see nice so far, but i have not bought a gun from there. I have bought other things though.

Also remember that you can only buy a handgun in your state of residence. So if you live in Ohio you can not buy a hand gun in Ky. Leagly anyway.

I alternate between 2 carry guns. One is a Taurus ultra carry 38spl. titanium frame. The other is a Glock 19. It just depends where i am going and what i am wearing.
A good source of info is www.packing.org. Your best bet is ask around to friends and family that you know are into guns and get there feed back. There is alot of reading and just try to remember to cut through the bs. If i can help in any way to you or any one else just ask.

John

2-8-1
11-21-2008, 05:15 AM
I started out shooting a XD40 Service, I still own it. As well as an XD45ACPc, and a RIA 1911 .45ACP, notice a trend? Lol.

The girlfriend wants a XD40SC for her carry. I conceal a full size 1911, or either one of my XD's

I am going to lean HEAVILY towards the XD45ACP C though, as they are DAMN good guns, if not the best for the money. 505.00 after taxes for me.

The Glock is also an Excellent weapon as well as the Sig. I don't care for the Smith and Wesson as it is basically a S&W Sigma, which is basically a Glock, only crappy feeling. Cheap, feeling. I don't like the unsupported chamber in the Glock, but as long as you shoot Retail ammo, and DO NOT RELOAD THE BRASS OR ALLOW ANYONE ELSE TO, you should be fine, the issue is more from firing rounds through the glock, and then reloading the brass, there is a bulge, or at least a weakened point in the case where the chamber doesn't support part of it, as you can imagine, refiring this weakened brass isn't good, or safe.

Do your part, and any 9mm, .40, or .45 cartridge will do the rest.

Also remember that you can only buy a handgun in your state of residence. So if you live in Ohio you can not buy a hand gun in Ky. Leagly anyway.

Really? What if you buy like on gun broker, or have Buds ship to your FFL? How does that circumvent that law? I'm not arguing, I'm just curious.

Mista Bone
11-21-2008, 05:31 AM
FFL transfers are legal. but the dealer will change $25-40 for the processing.

ALL my handguns that I purchased were bought at Gary's Guns in Fairfield Ohio, he has always been fair with me. The rest are from my dad when he passed away, they are priceless if you know what I mean. Esp. the Norweigen 45 I put a pic up of above.

cobrajoe
11-21-2008, 05:42 AM
This is one of the ones I'm considering.

It's a Para

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=21

93blacktruck
11-21-2008, 07:21 AM
I have the glock 27 if you want to shoot it let me know. I use it for ccw and love it .

BIGRED Z
11-21-2008, 08:02 AM
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

Linky^^^^ Nice selection, good prices. Just need an FFL to ship it too. I found one in Florence. I saved about $100 off retail on my last 9mm I bought through these guys.

If you have the dough, go for the SIG. Personally, out of the several 9mm we own, I like the smith and wesson the least. I realize that this will not be everyone's opinion. Just mine. Though they don't have as good a rep as many, the 2 Taurus PT-92's we have are great, and they never disappoint at the range. The Bersa 380 is my carry, and also does nicely.

Locally, there is Marks Guns on Dixie, but selection is limited and he doesn't have the most competitive prices. He can get guns for you though if you decide on a specific one.

MrsAPE
11-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Looks like we need to have a SBZ Range day!!:bigthumb
Aren't these called "Farm Parties" hosted by Keith?! :D

Craig, just an opinion but I think you should check out the Kimber Ultra Carry II's.

I have a gun named after me?!?! Oh how freakin sweet is that?! Maybe I should ask Santa for one for Christmas?! :cool1:

93 coupe
11-21-2008, 08:50 AM
I like my Springfield XD-40. I had to go with the 12rd clip for the extra grip and the extra rounds of coarse :D

I bought it at Target World when the were offering the Tactical light for no extra charge. :bigthumb

Walter
11-21-2008, 09:36 AM
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

Linky^^^^ Nice selection, good prices. Just need an FFL to ship it too. I found one in Florence. I saved about $100 off retail on my last 9mm I bought through these guys.

Why dont you just go pick it up? You are in KY right?

BigBadStang
11-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Shooters Supply in Loveland is the cheapest place locally that I have found.
Vance's in Columbus has a HUGE selection, and are usually 5-10 bucks cheaper than Shooters Supply in Loveland. If you happen to be in Columbus check them out. But you usually won't save enough to warrant a special trip up there, unless of course you are going to buy in volume.
Click HERE (http://www.vancesshooterssupplies.com/)

NXcoupe
11-21-2008, 10:49 AM
I use a Makarov 9X18 for my carry because of it's light weight, and I am dead accurate with it. I have hollow points for it that aren't that expensive compared to a std 9mm leuger round. I also have a barretta 92fs that I picked up on a whim because it was a good deal, and because of the lethal weapon movies. lol. I have come to really like the feel and accuracy of it as well. The makarov was one of the most inexpensive hand guns I have ever purchased, and it has never failed to fire or be dead nuts. I had a s&w that I just didn't like because it was a compact and I couldn't hit a barnside with it. Go to a range and rent different pistols and try them out. I have done that before and most importantly it showed me which guns I didn't want to own.

RIXXX93GT
11-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Does anyone have any personal experience with the line of Titanium concealed carry guns in auto and revolver? I personally had the opinion that in a life or death situation, a well made .38 or .357 revolver would be wise. I know that these days there are very reliable auto's also.

Timido
11-21-2008, 12:31 PM
If I was buying a revolver it would be a Smith and Wesson .38 aluminum airweight A .357 would be painfull out of such a light gun. The super lightweight titanium and scandium revolvers are not worth the extra money in my opinion. You can get a 442 hammerless .38 for about $400

BigBadStang
11-21-2008, 12:58 PM
It's hard to go wrong with a bobbed hammer revolver for it's simplicity, and ease of use, not to mention the concealabilty! :bigthumb

YouGotJunk
11-21-2008, 01:24 PM
I have a G27 also. I've shot probably 90-100 rounds though it and dont have one single complaint about it. Very accurate, light, and you can pretty much hide it anywhere. I haven't shot or handled any of the other guns your asking about so I really can't say one is any better than the other.

cstreu1026
11-21-2008, 02:43 PM
If I was buying a revolver it would be a Smith and Wesson .38 aluminum airweight A .357 would be painfull out of such a light gun. The super lightweight titanium and scandium revolvers are not worth the extra money in my opinion. You can get a 442 hammerless .38 for about $400

I have shot an air weight S&W in .357 and it hurt, a lot more than a .500 S&W with a 4 inch barrel.

RIXXX93GT
11-21-2008, 02:53 PM
.357 in a light short barreled gun is allot to absorb. I would be fine with a .38 round.

DeckerEnt
11-21-2008, 04:24 PM
The good thing about a .357 is that you can shoot .38 rounds as well.
Keith

Kelly Pelrine
11-21-2008, 06:27 PM
I have the S&W M&P 9mm. Its not a .40 cal but i really like the simplicity of the gun and how easy it shoots. I havent had it jam on me yet either. Not much recoil, nice design. Have to give S&W a thumbs up on their M&P series! :bigthumb

*edit* as for it being a carry gun, i wouldnt recommend it unless you get the compact version. I have what they consider the larger barrel and for me being a lady, its very hard to conceal unless i had an over the shoulder type holster. If i try to put it in my pants they fall down haha.

Maximus
11-21-2008, 06:44 PM
A buddy of mine picked up a S&W .40. But it wasnt the M&P and the trigger on it felt horrible. Kinda felt like a toy gun. But for under $350 he wasnt complaining.

Kelly Pelrine
11-21-2008, 06:53 PM
A buddy of mine picked up a S&W .40. But it wasnt the M&P and the trigger on it felt horrible. Kinda felt like a toy gun. But for under $350 he wasnt complaining.

Your welcome to shoot mine anytime, just lemme know! Mine doesnt feel toyish at all its actually got a nice weight to it. Some gals may say its a bit on the heavy side but i think its perfect. Gives a nice balance.

DeckerEnt
11-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Kelly's pistol is nice. It is the one I cleaned at the get together at her house.
Keith

2Kblacksleeper
11-21-2008, 09:18 PM
2-8-1,
Really? What if you buy like on gun broker, or have Buds ship to your FFL? How does that circumvent that law? I'm not arguing, I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

Sorry i was a little tired and PWI while i was typing. I ment to say that was the case unless you have it sent to the FFL. I saw the guy below reply but i did not want you to think that I was ignoring you. I am going to atttempt to post a pic of my new ar in the other thread. Have a good night.

John

Rich
11-21-2008, 09:36 PM
There are a lot of nice guns out there but for me...nothing but a Glock.

I personally love Glocks. Super simple and effective. I have two issued to me...a 23 and 27, both .40's. Between the two, I have probably close to 10,000 rounds shot through them. The are dead nuts dependable/reliable...

I recently shot the .45 cal versions...I can't believe how much better they shoot...and the .40 cal shoots very well! The larger frame really makes the gun handle better. Hard to describe.

I have zero 2nd thoughts on trusting my life to the glock on my side...

Walter
11-21-2008, 11:40 PM

Sounds like a S&W Sigma. They are poop IMO. Some have the audacity to compare it to a Glock 19.

Maximus
11-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Sounds like a S&W Sigma. They are poop IMO. Some have the audacity to compare it to a Glock 19.

Thats what it was. He was all proud of his purchase so I just told him, cool gun.:o

Mista Bone
11-22-2008, 02:11 AM
Sigma = Kia, both were crap.

Myself, I like the new .327 magnum round. I would love to see a compact lightweight 6 shooter from S&W for concealed carry. About the same bark ar a hot 38 SPL +P, but alot more wallop. I'd even go for a large frame 8 shooter in same caliber.

ADaughen
11-22-2008, 07:21 AM

Smith was "giving" those away for $99 with the purchase of their .500S&W revolver or M&P15 rifle.

The trigger sucks, but it does go bang every time. It wasn't one of Smith's shining moments.

Maximus
11-24-2008, 05:00 PM
We need to do a "Greet, Meet & Shoot" event.:lol::)

Maximus
11-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Interesting...

http://www.targetworld.net/therange.htm#RANGEFEES

Mista Bone
11-24-2008, 06:09 PM
$200 a year is not bad. Back when Hugh and his wife owned it year fee was $175, about 1994-1995, I think I still have my range card.

DeckerEnt
11-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Shooters is 225. Unlimited.
Keith

Mista Bone
11-25-2008, 01:22 AM
but you can shoot more rifles there right????

Shooters is 40 miles away from me.......

RACEME
11-25-2008, 06:32 AM
I went to target world last week to double check the scope on my 44 mag deer rifle. The shooting card is $2 and he did not charge me for the 10 mins it took to check my gun out. They had a sign that it was $6 to rent a gun and you had to use their ammo if you rented.

BigBadStang
11-25-2008, 10:27 AM
...and you had to use their ammo if you rented.
THAT'S where they POUND it in your ass. Did you happen to see what they charge for ammo? :lol:
Best be holding onto the counter when you do! :D

2-8-1
11-25-2008, 10:49 AM

Umm, it is a Glock 19, at least, it's close enough for Glock to file suit against them.

Walter
11-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Umm, it is a Glock 19, at least, it's close enough for Glock to file suit against them.

Ummmm, no its not.

Maximus
11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
THAT'S where they POUND it in your ass. Did you happen to see what they charge for ammo? :lol:
Best be holding onto the counter when you do! :D

So do you have to buy a Box or what??

Paul408Notch
11-25-2008, 01:28 PM
So do you have to buy a Box or what??

If you use their guns you do. I had to drop 25 bucks on a box of 50 rounds.

Call Dave and we can all go out one night or something. :D

Silver Bullet
11-25-2008, 01:38 PM

$25 bucks on what cal and type of round??:eek:

Xowner
11-25-2008, 01:46 PM
yah there ammo is crazy priced !

Maximus
11-25-2008, 01:49 PM

OH YEAH!! We are taking off early tomorrow and going shooting. Im calling Dave now. :cool1:

Walter
11-25-2008, 01:58 PM
OH YEAH!! We are taking off early tomorrow and going shooting. Im calling Dave now. :cool1:

Where you guys going? Target World?

Paul408Notch
11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
$25 bucks on what cal and type of round??:eek:

.40 cal, and I don't know what kind of round. They didn't seem like anything special though.

Let me know what time. I'm ready. :)

Maximus
11-25-2008, 02:00 PM
.40 cal, and I don't know what kind of round. They didn't seem like anything special though.

Let me know what time. I'm ready. :)

Well if we get the Green Bling done and he brings CASH, We will leave when he leaves with it!!:)
Probably around 3ish??

Paul408Notch
11-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Well if we get the Green Bling done and he brings CASH, We will leave when he leaves with it!!:)
Probably around 3ish??

I'm supposed to be here til 4:30, but if I come in early I guess I could leave early.

2-8-1
11-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Ummmm, no its not.

Ummm, did you not read the rest of the post? The sigma was/is a reverse engineered Glock. Everything on the inside was copied directly from Glock, or at least directly enough that Glock felt that, and was correct in the fact that it was a patent infringement. IIRC it was settled out of court with S&W paying Glock an undisclosed sum of Money.

Inside the two guns are alarmingly similar, Sigma got a deserved bad rep because the original guns fired about as good as an anvil. The newer one's however, tend to work much better. But yes, inside, the guns are extremely similar, so much so that Glock sued S&W.

Crucial
11-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Ummm, did you not read the rest of the post? The sigma was/is a reverse engineered Glock. Everything on the inside was copied directly from Glock, or at least directly enough that Glock felt that, and was correct in the fact that it was a patent infringement. IIRC it was settled out of court with S&W paying Glock an undisclosed sum of Money.

Inside the two guns are alarmingly similar, Sigma got a deserved bad rep because the original guns fired about as good as an anvil. The newer one's however, tend to work much better. But yes, inside, the guns are extremely similar, so much so that Glock sued S&W.

i have had my 9mm sigma S&W for a few years and many of rounds through it and never had a problem .. only thing i would change about that gun is that the trigger pull is a little much, but i have gotten used to it now

great gun IMO

Walter
11-25-2008, 02:39 PM

Again, I was referring to you saying it was a g19. I know all about the Sigma.

Mista Bone
11-25-2008, 02:43 PM

Were they reloads?????

I know you weren't allowed to pick up brass last time I was there, even your own. Which made shooting the .357 nice since I was reloading then.

Jeff88coupe
11-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Shooter's in Independence is also another local indoor range. I know they have some handguns available to rent.

http://www.shootersupply.net/

Maximus
11-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Shooter's in Independence is also another local indoor range. I know they have some handguns available to rent.

http://www.shootersupply.net/

Cool. :)

TW is closer to the shop and the guys were wanting to go shooting. Thats the only reason we are going there.:)

Timido
11-25-2008, 06:42 PM
I get off work at 3:30 :) what time are you all going up? Bring 9mm ammo and you can shoot my Sig.

Maximus
11-25-2008, 06:44 PM
I get off work at 3:30 :) what time are you all going up? Bring 9mm ammo and you can shoot my Sig.

Head on up then. We were planning on leaving around 3:30-4.

Paul408Notch
11-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Head on up then. We were planning on leaving around 3:30-4.

I'm going to go in @ 7 tomorrow, so I'll be down around that time. Should be fun. :D

DeckerEnt
11-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Target world Wednsday around 4:00. If I can make it, I will be there.
Keith

Maximus
11-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Damn, this is gonna turn into a SBZ Shoot-out!!

ibstrokin
11-26-2008, 01:11 AM
You can also buy Glocks compensated from the factory, which will help with the snapiness of the 40 cal. My G22 is compensated, but I haven't shot a standard to compare. Compensated models have more muzzle flash also, but it doesn't bother me.

Rick93coupe
11-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Thats messed up, some robber thinks your taking his picture right before everything gets fuzzy.

ibstrokin
11-26-2008, 01:25 AM
Like this

http://www.strangepolice.com/images/content/135528.jpg

Rick93coupe
11-26-2008, 01:32 AM
LOL, exactly!

Rick93coupe
11-26-2008, 01:35 AM
I'm kind of digging this one.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_52/products_id/18156

Pops Fun
11-26-2008, 03:36 PM
can't wait!!

Maximus
11-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Well FOCK!! We are still at work. Seems like there was lack of communication.....:mad:
Ill be there as soon as possible. Save me a Lane.:)

Pops Fun
11-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi
had fun!! Lots of guns to shoot!! Cleaned my guns and had a couple brews life is good :D

Paul408Notch
11-26-2008, 10:19 PM
I had a great time! Thanks to Tim, Steve, Alan, and Adam for letting me fire all of those guns. I'm still leaning toward the Sig, but that M&P was something I could see myself owning too. :)

DeckerEnt
11-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Good to hear you guys had fun. So did Craig find one he likes? Sorry I didn't make it to this one. Busy....
Keith

Maximus
11-26-2008, 10:50 PM
I had a great time! Thanks to Tim, Steve, Alan, and Adam for letting me fire all of those guns. I'm still leaning toward the Sig, but that M&P was something I could see myself owning too. :)

DUDE, WHAT A BLAST tonight!!! Nothing like sending lil chunks of lead downrange!! Especially with a group of Friends! Dont forget Dustins .357 Paul. That thing was Nuts!!:eek:

Keith, you missed a Great time! Im leaning towards the G39:)

We will have to get together and do this again!:bigthumb

Timido
11-26-2008, 11:27 PM
That .357 shot nice with .38s I was really digging that M&P that Pops has with the lasar. Maybe I will get a lasar for Xmas

Timido
11-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Looky Santa Crimson Trace lasars at bargin prices. http://bearbasin.com/crimson-trace-laser-grips.htm

ibstrokin
11-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Looky Santa Crimson Trace lasars at bargin prices. http://bearbasin.com/crimson-trace-laser-grips.htm

I want a set for my Glock, you can beat that price by about $20 on Ebay.

Mista Bone
11-27-2008, 03:31 AM
DUDE, WHAT A BLAST tonight!!! Nothing like sending lil chunks of lead downrange!! Especially with a group of Friends! Dont forget Dustins .357 Paul. That thing was Nuts!!:eek:

Keith, you missed a Great time! Im leaning towards the G39:)

We will have to get together and do this again!:bigthumb

You need a REAL 357 to hang onto......and be aware of the muzzle flash.

Nothing like sending a 300 gr JHP Nosler down TW pipes :)

Craig, grab two hours away from the wife and go watch a bowling pin shoot at Target World after work. It is not as easy as it looks!!!!

cobrajoe
11-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Look in Today's sale ad's for friday they have a hell of a deal on a F&N .45 ACP
at Bass Pro shops!
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=163&option=3&template=circular.cfm&catalog=thanksgiving_08_tab&rfx_versioningid=011&storeID=5

A guy I work with showed me. Hell I might go get that myself even though I want a Para.

Pops Fun
11-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi
Glad everyone had a good time, I did :D. I thought we did a very good job with gun safety at the range!! :) Safety first!!

A few things to consider, especially if the weapon is for home security/safety.
I suggest a laser, and a flashlight(on of off gun), think emergency and you are in a hurry. it takes time to extend your arm and aim. Not that you want to shoot without aiming but you may have to point and fire in an emergency. Also an extended arm can be batted down etc.

Also shoot on a regular basis. Practice point and shoot. It keeps you familiar with the weapon.
Talk to anyone in the house about gun safety. Take them to the range if possible.

Get a safe, Harbor freight has a couple small ones, I like keypads... nothing like looking for keys in an emergency :) paid $60 for a Keypad safe for the bedroom, they had a $30.00 one.
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/Popsfun/Gun%20Stuff/smallsafe5x7.jpg

Anyone with a few weapons needs a real gun safe :)
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/Popsfun/Gun%20Stuff/Bigsafe5x7.jpg

A great resource is OFFC Forums (http://ohioccwforums.org/index.php) has a wealth of information.. mainly Ohio concealed carry but also a lot of info on defense and equipment (guns).

lets do this again, maybe rent the place before or after it opens!!

Be safe and Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Black92LX
11-27-2008, 08:51 AM
So where is the set list of what all was brought and shot?????

Pops is right about the safe.
Here is the place I got mine many a years ago.
http://www.mcintoshsafe.com/

They are located in Dayton and service a 100 mile radius. They had the best prices on safes and in home delivery was $50. Granted this was 5 years ago but at that time the safe store that was less than 1 mile from my house wanted $250 to deliver it.

Pops Fun
11-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi
Well I brought an MP9c (my carry) with a laser, lots of people shot it, and a Ruger SR9, Taurus .357 with magnums, think I'll get some 38s for it, and a Bersa .380.
Really enjoyed the Sig (what model was it?) I shot very accurate. Might have to consider getting one of those.

ADaughen
11-27-2008, 09:44 AM
So where is the set list of what all was brought and shot?????

Pops is right about the safe.
Here is the place I got mine many a years ago.
http://www.mcintoshsafe.com/

They are located in Dayton and service a 100 mile radius. They had the best prices on safes and in home delivery was $50. Granted this was 5 years ago but at that time the safe store that was less than 1 mile from my house wanted $250 to deliver it.

If it is 600 lbs or less and you have access to an appliance dolly (solid wheels) you and a spouse can move it. ;)

MrsAPE
11-27-2008, 10:34 AM
lets do this again, maybe rent the place before or after it opens!!

I like the sound of that!! I might actually be able to make one!! Been way to long since I've shot a gun. Think I'll go in with the attitude I've never shot before. Winter SBZ Field Trip!!!!!

Alan had a good time.

Timido
11-27-2008, 11:39 AM
My Sig is a P6 same as p225 single stack 9mm. It is a Surplus police gun. I like ever Sig I have shot the P220. Just about like mine but a .45 is a sweet gun too I wouldnt mind having one of those.

IWRBB
11-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Are you guys buying registered guns? Obama will know where to come get it LOL... I'm lucky enough to know of a few arsenals I can purchase from, and there are all unregistered guns. That's the way to go if you can.

aperacer
11-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Are you guys buying registered guns? Obama will know where to come get it LOL... I'm lucky enough to know of a few arsenals I can purchase from, and there are all unregistered guns. That's the way to go if you can.

i think in the words of Pops "i already sold all my guns" that are registered..... :D

Pops Fun
11-27-2008, 02:20 PM
I am selling all mine at the next gun show!!:D

cstreu1026
11-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Guns? What guns? That must be a case of stolen identity. I'm scared of guns. ;)

MustangChuck
11-27-2008, 03:27 PM
I havent used it before but I have heard good things about the Kimber model weapons. I personally like the TLE (Tactical Law Enforcement) line of their .45s. They have a rail for a tac light and/or a laser, and they are the exact same firearms that LAPD SWAT uses, with the only exception being that they do not have the same markings. I've been to Shooters down in KY before. I really like the place cuz it is the only indoor range that I know of that I can shoot my AK-47 at because it is underground.

cstreu1026
11-27-2008, 04:49 PM
1911's are the cats meow. I have a springfield "loaded" one that I bought as a graduation present to myself in 2004. Its a great piece and was a real bargain. I looked at much more expensive ones including a Les Baer. The Springer was the most gun for the money. The only problem I have with a 1911 as a CCW piece is the whole locked and loaded thing. I am just not comfortable with that.

ADaughen
11-27-2008, 05:24 PM

You've been watching to much CSI.

There is no gun registry in Ohio.

And I went boating last week and lost all my guns... Terrible, terrible accident. :eek:

http://students.umf.maine.edu/~kellybt/index_files/imageSubmarine2sinking.gif

ETA:
Right now the best bang for the buck 1911 is the Taurus PT1911, IMO. The Springfield GI model is a good, but a basic 1911.

Kimber makes a nice mid level 1911. If you have the extra cash for one, they're good guns.

Whichever you get, make sure you get magazines your gun likes. I have found Chip McCormick Shooting Stars (8rd magaines) have had the best all around compatibility/reliability.

cobrajoe
11-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Hi
Glad everyone had a good time, I did :D. I thought we did a very good job with gun safety at the range!! :) Safety first!!

A few things to consider, especially if the weapon is for home security/safety.
I suggest a laser, and a flashlight(on of off gun), think emergency and you are in a hurry. it takes time to extend your arm and aim. Not that you want to shoot without aiming but you may have to point and fire in an emergency. Also an extended arm can be batted down etc.

Also shoot on a regular basis. Practice point and shoot. It keeps you familiar with the weapon.

And "2 for effect!"

Black92LX
11-28-2008, 11:09 AM

there is no gun registration in most all states.

Pops Fun
11-28-2008, 12:08 PM

Hi
Of course there is no registration...:) but, the gun seller has a lot of boxes of 4473 forms stacked up. You don't think the authorities can't access them?? How about the manuf. warranty info. Gun owners are on lots of lists.
"Jessica Brown, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, said some 60 letters were sent out to registered owners of .40-caliber handguns, asking them to voluntarily submit their weapons for testing on Saturday and Sunday at the Okfuskee County Courthouse at Okemah.

Brown said 40 of those owners showed up with their guns, which were fired outside the courthouse."
http://ohioccwforums.org/download/file.php?id=23

Oklahoma has no registration.

fastone
11-28-2008, 05:12 PM

I know in KY, they keep the paperwork, but also that is a transfer log that MUST be upto date for any and all guns that go through any ky gun shop. I have been in Shooters before and seen some of the KY cops I know asking if they can check the log to see if someone bought a gun or who all bought a certain type of gun lately!

DeckerEnt
11-29-2008, 12:41 AM
If you have no reason to hide then there is no problem. Oh and with the rise in firearm prices, I just sold all mine at a gun show last weekend for a huge profit. LOL
Keith

ADaughen
11-29-2008, 10:31 AM
If you have no reason to hide then there is no problem.

No, the problem is, like in the Oklahoma incident, that all owners of the Glock .40 in that town were suspects in a murder. You HAVE to have more than "oh you own this gun, you must be a criminal."

The great thing about US courts is we are INNOCENT until proven guilty. Cops need to do their damn jobs instead of asking everyone who owns a certain type of gun to submit to tests.

IWRBB
11-29-2008, 11:39 AM
No, the problem is, like in the Oklahoma incident, that all owners of the Glock .40 in that town were suspects in a murder. You HAVE to have more than "oh you own this gun, you must be a criminal."

Exactly.

I'm supprised you guys think there's no "registration" in Ohio. Maybe that's not the right word for it I guess, but if you buy a brand new AR-15 from a FFL dealer, the gov can find out who owns it. If they come looking for it, they'll be at your door.

Pops Fun
11-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Ok
Back on track... Craig have you decided or do we need to do more testing :D

DeckerEnt
11-29-2008, 06:37 PM
I am up for more testing. Maybe a night at Shooter's indoor pistol and rifle range. I will bring my AR and my AK. Oh wait, I sold them, wink wink...
Pick a date.
Keith

Timido
11-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Some good deals I saw on that Buds Guns.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411535895

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411535546

There you go Steve

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/654_774/products_id/411535898

Pops Fun
12-01-2008, 09:25 PM
looks pretty nice!!
Spending money on my reloader right now ... nothing to spare!! Not sure how this saves money :lol:

DeckerEnt
12-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Steve, reloading pays off. Trust me. I have been reloading my 9mm for years. The last time i bought loaded ammo was for the farm party. Before that, years. The key is testing the powder charge that suites your firearm. A tenth of a grain sometimes makes all the difference.
Keith

Mista Bone
12-02-2008, 01:22 AM
.357 mag load for example......

9.8 gr of Blue Dot, CCI #500 small pistol primer, Winchester 158 gr JHP.

The load is barely subsonic in a 6.5" barrel S&W 686, so alot more stable and accurate.

Rick93coupe
02-19-2009, 03:36 AM
Does anyone know what model this is? I want to check one of these out.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o238/Rick88coupe/misc%20photos/Wallpaper_1_2.jpg

Nevermind, found it 30 seconds later. Looked on the site for awhile, then it jumped out at me.

BigBadStang
02-19-2009, 08:08 AM
I just bought a Sig 229 Platinum Elite in .40 cal Monday. I must say it is a nice piece (so far) with the aluminum grips, and adjustable night sites. A tad bit larger than I like for CC, but the accuracy of it box stock is impressive.
http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/229-plat-elite-detail-L.jpg
**stock photo from Sig website**

Pops Fun
02-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Nice looking gun... I think my next one might me a Taurus Judge!! Should make a great home defense gun!! Maybe next week!!:cool2: .45 Colts long and 410 buckshot
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/Popsfun/Gun%20Stuff/DSC00272.jpg

BigBadStang
02-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Nice looking gun... I think my next one might me a Taurus Judge!! Should make a great home defense gun!! Maybe next week!!:cool2: .45 Colts long and 410 buckshot
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/Popsfun/Gun%20Stuff/DSC00272.jpg

Pops, take THIS (http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/229-plat-elite-detail-L.jpg) into consideration before buying. :)

Walter
02-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Pops, take THIS (http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/229-plat-elite-detail-L.jpg) into consideration before buying. :)

A 229 is not even remotely relative to what he is interested in.

Pops Fun
02-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi
I have a few other guns and carry a 9mm every day, really think a 00 buckshot and a .45 would be good stopping power for the house!!

Steve

BigBadStang
02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
A 229 is not even remotely relative to what he is interested in.

Oops!
I should have checked it, I inadvertently posted the wrong link.:o
Sorry about that.

HERE (http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm) is the link I meant to post. :)

Rick93coupe
02-19-2009, 03:59 PM
I just bought a Sig 229 Platinum Elite in .40 cal Monday. I must say it is a nice piece (so far) with the aluminum grips, and adjustable night sites. A tad bit larger than I like for CC, but the accuracy of it box stock is impressive.
http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/229-plat-elite-detail-L.jpg
**stock photo from Sig website**

What did you end up paying for the sig and what came with it? If you don't mind me asking. It's a good looking piece!

BigBadStang
02-19-2009, 04:44 PM
What did you end up paying for the sig and what came with it? If you don't mind me asking. It's a good looking piece!

$995.00 plus tax. Comes with adjustable night sights (Sig calls them SIGLITE Adjustable Combat Night Sights), hard case with cut-out foam insert and (2) 12 round mags, and of course a lock and manual.

Pops Fun
02-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi
Here is an ad I found. Looks effective to me!

http://www.taurusjudge.net/taurus_judge ... ead-ad.htm (http://www.taurusjudge.net/taurus_judge-magnum-mellon-head-ad.htm)

Anyway I still think it is neat!!

BigBadStang
02-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Hi
Here is an ad I found. Looks effective to me!

http://www.taurusjudge.net/taurus_judge ... ead-ad.htm (http://www.taurusjudge.net/taurus_judge-magnum-mellon-head-ad.htm)

Anyway I still think it is neat!!

Yes, they are neat! I have 3 of them.
In very close confrontations when quickness is key, this handgun when loaded with the .410 round makes target acquisition a tad less crucial due to the shot pattern. Regardless, if you are within 10 feet, and fire all 5 rounds into someone, I think that would do the trick. ;)

Timido
02-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Get the Magnum Judge that would be cool. 3" 4.10 would be fun. A friend at work has the Titanium judge and he likes it.

2Kblacksleeper
02-21-2009, 12:37 PM
I just got an e-mail from S&W, Starting the 27th through april 3rd i believe. They are bringing back 2 free mags for and new M&P bought. I just thought i would let you all know in case it helps any.

JOhn

BigBadStang
02-21-2009, 12:56 PM
I just got an e-mail from S&W, Starting the 27th through april 3rd i believe. They are bringing back 2 free mags for and new M&P bought. I just thought i would let you all know in case it helps any.

JOhn

:lol:
They were doing this when I bought my M&P 9C. The damn "C" mags were on backorder, and people were having a very hard time getting mags for them. Hopefully they have stocked up this time around!

2Kblacksleeper
02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Probially not. It would make sense to stock up, but who would do whats right in this day in age???
There just hopeing this will make them sell as many as when they were doing the 2 mags and $50.00. That was a deal then.

John

Rick93coupe
02-21-2009, 05:00 PM

JOhn

Does anyone on here own one? I'm curious how you like it compared to others you've shot.

Black92LX
02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Does anyone on here own one? I'm curious how you like it compared to others you've shot.

I don't own one but have shot them and love them. It's on the to buy list but I have a couple others to grab first.

93hulk
02-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Just picked up a Springfield 1911 A-1, military spec micro .45acp to carry. Cant wait to try it out. 45acp F.T.W.:rockon:

Rick93coupe
02-21-2009, 06:38 PM
I heard you were a fan of the .45!

Pops Fun
02-21-2009, 06:59 PM

Hi
I carry a S&W MP9C ... a compact 9mm and love it!! Come to one of the shoots and try it!!

This is when I put the Crimson Trace laser on it.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/Popsfun/Gun%20Stuff/crimsonlaserbothgrips.jpg

Timido
02-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Just picked up a Springfield 1911 A-1, military spec micro .45acp to carry. Cant wait to try it out. 45acp F.T.W.:rockon:

Thats on my list to buy also.

2Kblacksleeper
02-22-2009, 12:11 AM
I have owned 2 but have never shot one. I always end up trading it back in for something else. Last time i traded it on a Saiga 12. The one before that is when i had a GSG-5. Now i am down to my Glock 19 and a Ultra carry Taurus 38 for carry.

I am also a big 45 fan. I love my stainless 1911 S&W. Maybe because it is also serial number 0001 also. I just got lucky on that one.

John

IWRBB
02-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Went to the gun show yesterday. Had a pretty good haul. Got a nice Yugo SKS for a song, a bunch of US made metal 30 round clips, and a PSL sniper rifle for my buddy. I want to shoot that PSL, looks like fun. Ammo is off the hook now, 7.62x39 cheapy ammo was $225 for 700 rounds. I remember buying 1000 rounds of Wolf ammo for less than $70 a few years back.

Saw a crazy looking handgun that the people selling the PSL had. It was an early 1900's Russian revolver, it took 7.62x8mm ammo. I think that has to be the ONLY revolver that takes that ammo.

Timido
02-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Nugant revolver

IWRBB
02-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Have you ever seen anything else that shoots that caliber? Seemed really odd to me.

IWRBB
02-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Here's the Wiki on it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895

It is a proprietary cartridge. Pretty cool gun with the gas seal setup.

Timido
02-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Thats the only thing I have ever seen shoot that ammo. I think it is close to a .32 H&R mag size

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Russian_1895_7.62_Nagant_Revolver.html

Cheap enough gun

95redstang
02-22-2009, 08:04 PM
This is what I have..
http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1856/11644235/20666692/355767889.jpg

BigBadStang
02-23-2009, 02:57 PM
I NEVER post actual pics of any firearms I might have, other than handguns. ;)

DeckerEnt
02-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Get rid of that goofy thumb hole stock and put on an under folder. You will get twice what you paid for it.
Keith

1992MustangDW
02-23-2009, 04:38 PM
I have a sks Norinco, I was wondering if someone could tell me a little about her. Also what about she is worth, I was thinking like 500 or so. It does have the bayonet and strap just not in the pic.

BigBadStang
02-23-2009, 05:08 PM
HERE (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.asp?SearchResults.asp?SearchType=0&Keywords=sks) is a link to kind of give you an idea of what some will sell for. Obviously, overall condition, matching/non matching numbers, and age will dictate what the firearm is worth. $500 would seem a bit optimistic, unless it is all numbers matching in pristine condition.

1992MustangDW
02-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks you I have been trying to find a site like that, Im almost 100% that it is matching.

ibstrokin
02-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Check out my latest acquisition's, I really like the p22, I haven't shot the r15 yet, But I love the look, I still need to get a scope

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/Model_R-15_VTR.asp

I put a few rounds through this today, very small, but alot of fun, and cheap to shoot

http://www.waltherpistols.com/category/39-Walther_P22_Handguns.aspx

IWRBB
02-23-2009, 08:51 PM
I have a sks Norinco, I was wondering if someone could tell me a little about her. Also what about she is worth, I was thinking like 500 or so. It does have the bayonet and strap just not in the pic.

The Yugo I got was $325 and it had an aftermarket Zytel stock and clip and a scope mounted on the receiver cover (not a good place BTW). It's a 68 model and all the numbers match, minus the receiver cover. The Yugo is all milled parts, the only downside is no chrome barrel. That Norinco is probably all stamped, I'm guessing about $200~$250 for yours at the most.

RIXXX93GT
02-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Check out my latest acquisition's, I really like the p22, I haven't shot the r15 yet, But I love the look, I still need to get a scope

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/Model_R-15_VTR.asp

I put a few rounds through this today, very small, but alot of fun, and cheap to shoot

http://www.waltherpistols.com/category/39-Walther_P22_Handguns.aspx

I shot the Walther P22 during my CCW classes. I was pretty impressed and have some serious thoughts about making it my carry gun with some special loads.

1992MustangDW
02-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks iwrbb

Pops Fun
02-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Going to Vances in Columbus (http://www.vancesshooterssupplies.com/) Wed evening with the boys, think "The Judge" may follow me home!! If you haven't been there they have a lot of stuff! There ad
(http://www.vancesshooterssupplies.com/flyer/flyer.pdf)

Walter
02-25-2009, 05:25 AM
The Yugo I got was $325 and it had an aftermarket Zytel stock and clip and a scope mounted on the receiver cover (not a good place BTW). It's a 68 model and all the numbers match, minus the receiver cover. The Yugo is all milled parts, the only downside is no chrome barrel. That Norinco is probably all stamped, I'm guessing about $200~$250 for yours at the most.

You've got it backwards. You overpaid, the add ons you speak of would bring the price down (to about 200-250). The one pictured above should bring about 300.

Mista Bone
02-25-2009, 05:45 AM
I think I only paid $149 for my Norinco SKS that takes AK47 mags

Not for sale.

IWRBB
02-25-2009, 10:42 AM
You've got it backwards. You overpaid, the add ons you speak of would bring the price down (to about 200-250). The one pictured above should bring about 300.

The only add ons are the stock and receiver cover. I got the original cover. I don't know about you, but I prefer the lighter adjustable stock with a pistol grip and would have ditched the wood stock anyways. It's a $100+ stock and at least a $50 scope on there. I don't think it will ever be a collectors item since, oh, millions were produced so I'm not worried about missing the original stock.

I'm not sure why anyone would pay $300 for a stamped Chinese model, even at today's prices. There were plenty of Norincos at the show for low to mid $200's that were still "intact". The Yugo has all milled parts, everything, including the sights. It's also got the grenade launcher setup, which no other SKS's have. I might pay $300 for a milled Russian gun that had no mods done to it, but not for a gun made in China from stamped parts.

In the end it's my gun, and I'll customize it and modify it just like my car- any way I want and I could care less what that means in terms of value to the next owner. I think the aftermarket stock is worth money, you think it detracts money since the wood stock is gone. I look at it as it saved me from having to buy one a new stock, fit it up myself and then store the old one somewhere for the rest of my life.

IWRBB
02-26-2009, 04:31 PM
FYI, Barrack Hussein Obama's AWB was proposed today (and with this congress, proposed=passed), so get em while you still can.

Blackballed
02-28-2009, 12:52 PM
I just recived my FREE (2) XD-9 clips in the mail today. $75.00 bucks worth of clips. :bigthumb

Walter
02-28-2009, 01:40 PM
I just recived my FREE (2) XD-9 clips in the mail today. $75.00 bucks worth of clips. :bigthumb

Magazine.

Rick93coupe
02-28-2009, 03:04 PM

Why did they send them to you?

Blackballed
02-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Springfield had a deal that if you purchased a XD-Model that they had a mail in rebate for two free Clips and a holder... Oh sorry,:AR15: magazines. Pretty good deal. Im pretty sure it might still be going on. It took about 8 weeks for turn around on their part.

Walter
02-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Springfield had a deal that if you purchased a XD-Model that they had a mail in rebate for two free Clips and a holder... Oh sorry,:AR15: magazines. Pretty good deal. Im pretty sure it might still be going on. It took about 8 weeks for turn around on their part.

:bigthumb

Rick93coupe
02-28-2009, 09:33 PM

Very cool!

Blackballed
02-28-2009, 11:59 PM
I bought the XD-9 Sub for the wifes CCW. We love it. Get ahold of the local dealers and see if they have any left. I know with the possible AWB in the near future everyone is buying everything up. I just need more ammo. Good luck. Bill

ADaughen
03-01-2009, 10:17 AM

S&W has been doing the same thing for the past year, plus. Good for competition. :bigthumb

Maximus
03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
BUMP for some Good reading.:bigthumb

RIXXX93GT
03-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Anybody have any experience with the FNH line of guns? Like their .40?