PDA

View Full Version : Here's my thoughts on UMTR rule changes

stkshkr
11-23-2008, 03:47 PM
6.) Quick Stick class: 0-12.99 E/.T. Street Stick class: 11.50 and slower. Must have DOT tires, mufflers,and a current state vehicle registration

9.) Bracket style eliminations will be used at U.M.T.R. Points Events. Pairings and lane choice will be determined by chip draw. Bye runs will be determined by number draw at the driver’s meeting and will be valid until used. Only members are eligible for bye runs. Additional bye runs will be determined by card or number draw. Only one bye run per car and driver per event. Unless, the final 3 remaining racers have each already had a bye run, then the bye run will be determined by chip or card draw.

10.) A Driver’s and Crew Meeting will be held at all U.M.T.R. events. The meeting will be held at the U.M.T.R. Event Tent after the first time run. All racers and crew are strongly urged to attend

12.) U.M.T.R. will pay Winner, Runner-Up and Semi Finalists. Non-members will receive 75% of the appropriate purse; the remaining 25% will be placed in the general fund to be used as directed by the U.M.T.R. officials

13.) Entry Fees: Quick Stick - $50.00 admits car and driver. Street Stick - $30.00 admits car and driver. Crew members will pay the Host Track Spectator price

19.) 5 points will be awarded to any member that has brought their race car, paid to race and turned their tech card in to host track personnel at all races away from Edgewater. The 2 point break rule will also be applied at away tracks

23.) Every scheduled race will be a point’s race except the Edgewater Stick Shift Nationals which is a non point’s event. A double point’s event will be scheduled for mid-season.

25.) Pro Tree (.500) races will only be scheduled at Edgewater and the number of races will be at the discretion of U.M.T.R. officials.

Black Horse
11-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Make sure you post that same response on the UMTR site!

Mista Bone
11-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Well that puts a kink in my plans.

mid 13 sec FWD car on DOT's?????

Right........

stkshkr
11-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Well that puts a kink in my plans.

mid 13 sec FWD car on DOT's?????

Right........

Are you planning on running real slicks? If not DR's and street tires are "DOT's"

Mista Bone
11-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Remember, I'm the Honda guy here :(

I was planning on running 20x8x14 MT's which GREATLY helps my gearing. I'm on my 4th set I like them so much. If I have to run DOT's it will cost me $1000 extra. New 4.93 FD is $525, 205/60/13 M&H's are $325 shipped, then source a set of 13" lightweight rims.

For than extra $1000 I can slap on a homebrewed turbo setup and run 12's with ease, but I wanna run NA, already have a Honda built/tuned motor ready to go in.

Dang it!

RIXXX93GT
11-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I like allot of what was posted but I think the Stick Shift Nationals should be a regular points event, not double just regular.

Maximus
11-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Heres what it should be....

$30. If you have a clutch, you can run this class. "Street" needs to be removed from the class designation.
Members get more of a payout, so it PAYS to be a member. But if you dont want to become a member, UMTR will still reward ya with a healthy payout. :bigthumb

RyanR
11-24-2008, 11:40 AM
I like the DOT rule. Should make it interesting.:cool2:

12seclx
11-24-2008, 12:04 PM
I do like the idea of one class having to run dot tires BUT when you start putting rules on the class, it's a possibility it may drive car count down...

and the rules about mufflers, shoot, I wish every car at the dragstrip had to run them... If I had my own strip, I'd have sets that were rented out... If you didn't have mufflers then you wouldn't run...

It's so "caveman" like... I never understood it... It's like taking the mufflers off your car is gonna pick it up half a second or something... :rolleyes:

It would be nice if a bye run could only go to a member....:bigthumb

NXcoupe
11-24-2008, 02:40 PM
I like the limiting et, but do not like the non slick rule. The rest is not that important to me since I don't run every race. I will be running more this year than I did last because I had such a good time. Getting started earlier in the day would be nice too.

quik lx
11-24-2008, 04:29 PM
No slicks = me no race:mad:

Try hooking 425 ft lbs on street tires at edgewater! ever!

That takes all the fun outta sidestepping the clutch if ya have to baby it not to spin.

BOOOOOO!!!!

atbracn
11-24-2008, 04:40 PM
i have question, why does the limiting on the et matter if it is BRACKET RACING?
not trying to piss anybody off just want to know.
thanks brad

Maximus
11-24-2008, 04:45 PM
EDIT.:mad:

jlt2006
11-24-2008, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=stkshkr;425758]6.) Quick Stick class: 0-12.99 E/.T. Street Stick class: 11.50 and slower. Must have DOT tires, mufflers,and a current state vehicle registration

Why?

23.) Every scheduled race will be a point’s race except the Edgewater Stick Shift Nationals which is a non point’s event. A double point’s event will be scheduled for mid-season.

Nationals should be points.

RyanR
11-24-2008, 05:36 PM
No slicks = me no race:mad:

Try hooking 425 ft lbs on street tires at edgewater! ever!

That takes all the fun outta sidestepping the clutch if ya have to baby it not to spin.

BOOOOOO!!!!

Zach Posey's car does not have a problem hooking there. I see it being more of a drivers race on DOT tires simply because you have to hook the car every pass and be consistent. I also understand that the more rules will drive people away and the people are what make the class what it is. Im not trying to argue or take sides because I will be running the class no matter what because it is a lot fun and I really enjoy it. See you all in 2009.

Maximus
11-24-2008, 05:54 PM
I see it being more of a drivers race on DOT tires simply because you have to hook the car every pass and be consistent.

All the "DOT" rule does, is make people spend more.

Case in point.
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreet

quik lx
11-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Zach Posey's car does not have a problem hooking there.

I don't have 5K to put in the suspension to hook on a shitty track like he does.

quik lx
11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
All the "DOT" rule does, is make people spend more.

Case in point.
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreet

What happened to the low buck racing? We already have to shell out $60 to enter 2 cars, $40+ to fill the bottle, $40-$50 in premium fuel for 2 power adder cars.....and now I have to buy 2 sets of drag radials just to play?:eek:

I think I'll pay less and run in bracket with the tires I already have.

Maximus
11-24-2008, 06:18 PM
What happened to the low buck racing? We already have to shell out $60 to enter 2 cars, $40+ to fill the bottle, $40-$50 in premium fuel for 2 power adder cars.....and now I have to buy 2 sets of drag radials just to play?:eek:

I think I'll pay less and run in bracket with the tires I already have.

Boost would be your friend.:bigthumb

gt4tb
11-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Guys,
Don't get all excited...to date there are NO vehicle related rule changes for UMTR in either class. Entry fee for Street Stick will be increased to $30.00 is the only change so far.

If asked, what would you re-name the current Street Stick class to make it sound less like the car needs to be "street" anything? DOT tires, mufflers, registration, insurance...? I ask you to keep in mind that the more of these types of requirements are added to the rules the more work it is for me, Dave, Scott and David, and only two (maybe one) of us aren't racing next year. Also, what about someone who hears about UMTR, wants to give us a try, drives some distance to race, isn't aware of all of these rules and can't race because he doesn't have the right paperwork and equipment?

I will probably be able to post any new vehicle specific rules after the PRI Show.
Tina

MADMOD
11-24-2008, 09:10 PM
DOT tires put me out. I am with Joe I think it is going to take all the fun out of it. Maybe I will see what OSM has to offer.:cool1:

stkshkr
11-29-2008, 12:46 AM
No rules have changed yet...relax...they were just ideas to generate discussion.

craigels
11-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Aren't drag radials and ET Streets ("cheater slicks") considered DOT approved tires?

I like the idea of tags, title, insurance, etc.

Craig

Maximus
11-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Aren't drag radials and ET Streets ("cheater slicks") considered DOT approved tires?

I like the idea of tags, title, insurance, etc.

Craig

Yes they are.:)

Why??

gt4tb
11-29-2008, 06:20 PM
I want to know who's volunteering to go around and check for current tags, title (I'm assuming that you mean to prove the driver owns the car) and insurance. Again, what if someone hears about UMTR, doesn't read the rules and drives a long way to race with us. Who's going to tell him he can't?

In case you can't tell, I am not in favor of MORE rules. No DOT tire requirements, no valid tags, if you want to race your buddy's car then fine and if you want bring it on a trailer or drive it without carrying insurance, that's your business.

T

outlaw85
11-29-2008, 10:14 PM
:agree:

God forbid anyone bring there race car to a race track!

stkshkr
11-29-2008, 10:17 PM
I want to know who's volunteering to go around and check for current tags
T

The intent was tag only meaning it was legal to drive on the street, not title, insurance and who cares who owns it...it could even be stolen....And Tina I will volunteer to help you with stuff next year no matter what the rules.

331TwistedWedge
11-30-2008, 10:02 PM
no rules ... keep this simple ... this is why the event is fun, dont take that away ... you're only going to drive down the car count ...

12seclx
12-01-2008, 12:57 AM
no rules ... keep this simple ... this is why the event is fun, dont take that away ... you're only going to drive down the car count ...

X 2..... I personally don't see anybody that has a "special" advantage in the class right now or a need to change... I was rusty this year and won 2/3 events... with rookie reaction times....

slvr87cpe
12-04-2008, 01:52 PM
leave it alone !!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Maximus
12-04-2008, 03:02 PM
leave it alone !!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

:wstupid::)

transman
12-18-2008, 09:02 AM
:agree:

God forbid anyone bring there race car to a race track!

what he said:bigthumb

CAPRISTANG
12-21-2008, 08:29 PM
They should leave it alone.. That's what happened to Wild street in NMRA.. No slicks ... Keep more races local and people might become member's.. Just a thought..