PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS!

Pages : [1] 2

Maximus
11-25-2008, 12:51 PM
-A Participating member of Stangbangerz.
**That means, you show up to SBZ events
**you show up to SBZ get-togethers
**you are an active member on Stangbangerz forums (posting 100 things for sale is NOT an active member)

-Running of the Dozen (there should/will be a few of these)

-Local T&T at E20 or TS with fellow SBZ members (these are our local tracks)

-A true street, Ford powered Mustang/Capri with insurance, tags and registration matching the car.

-Owner may have help building his/her car, but they, the OWNER will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

-If fail to post up that you broke to delibratey stay on the list, you are off...PERMANENTLY.

-If you break, blow up, change combo, your off the list till you re-run the car. All times before are void. No "one hit" wonders.

Now somehow we have to come up with a Technical definition of "Blow up"
This is a very Grey area and it needs addressing. I believe all the other "rules" are easy to understand. so lets concentrate on the last one.

Blown up, Broke....
If you have a HOLE in a Piston, You are Blown up, broke.
If you have a car that wont go in gear and or move because the trans will not allow it, YABU/B.
If you have to pull your engine out of the car for any reason, YABU/B.
If you change heads because you smoked a head gasket, YABU/B AND you changed your combination.
If you have to pull your SC or Turbo off to have it serviced, YABU/B.

Those are just a few I could come up with. I know there are many others.

So lets here everyones suggestions.:bigthumb

YouGotJunk
11-25-2008, 01:07 PM
If you change heads because you smoked a head gasket, YABU/B AND you changed your combination.

Changing heads, and changing headgaskets are two different things. If you smoke a headgasket but the head is ok and your able to bolt it right back on, that should be ok. If you hurt the head and the head has to be serviced/replaced, or you switch to another set of heads, I agree with it being a combo change.

YouGotJunk
11-25-2008, 01:12 PM
-If you have a car that wont go in gear and or move because the trans will not allow it, YABU/B.

The only problem I see with this is 9 times out of 10, if you break a 5 speed (stock ones anyway) you will still, almost always, have 4th gear. I've seen many many 5 speeds broke and even as bad as seeing parts sticking out the side of the case, and the car still have 4th gear and move under it's own power. I would say you clarify that if you lose ANY gear, counting reverse, it's Broke.

Rob
11-25-2008, 01:19 PM
I agree, head gaskets are part of routine maintenance. Some may not agree, but we are going to be looking and an unbelievable DD in 09' and part of big boost and big spray is head gaskets. Since ford decided on the head bolt configuration that they did, alot of your big boost cars are going to lift the head and push a little water from time to time.

Maximus
11-25-2008, 01:22 PM
So how do the other members of the DD determine that the offender that pushed a HG only replaces it without doing any head work??

It sure does suck that we actually have to Police this and keep people honest. But I guess that is what comes from having the List that Everyone wants to be on. :cool1:

NXcoupe
11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
The only suggestion I have is that you pick the dates for the dd shootout early in the season, and everyone that wants to be on the list is there, no exceptions. You don't run you don't make it. JMHO. Make three of them in a row, anyone should be able to make arrangements with work schedule or whatever to be there with a few month's notice, and if you don't show, well then maybe you are YABU/B.

Black Horse
11-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Here is how I see it -

Broke is: Something happened and you cannot make another run (or drive it home). Headgaskets, plugs, etc. are to be considered normal maintenance items for the high horsepower world, but only if they are maintenance items. In other words if you blow a gasket and it puts you on the trailer - you are broke.
If you change the gasket (not because it put you on the trailor) to give yourself the confidence you'll be OK for the next run you are OK (not broke). Yes this can get a bit fuzzy, but lets be honest, treat each other like adults and do the right things.

Getting upset over bragging rights and a sticker - maybe that should be considered as broke.

I am all for keeping it simple, keeping the basic rules as is and letting the chips fall where they may. I don't see how everyone can be made happy with any rule change, some folks are hurt by them, some are helped. Leave it the way it is, pull up your big girl panties and deal with it (no offense meant WW).

Silver Bullet
11-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Here is how I see it -

Broke is: Something happened and you cannot make another run (or drive it home). Headgaskets, plugs, etc. are to be considered normal maintenance items for the high horsepower world, but only if they are maintenance items. In other words if you blow a gasket and it puts you on the trailer - you are broke.
If you change the gasket (not because it put you on the trailor) to give yourself the confidence you'll be OK for the next run you are OK (not broke). Yes this can get a bit fuzzy, but lets be honest, treat each other like adults and do the right things.

Getting upset over bragging rights and a sticker - maybe that should be considered as broke.

I am all for keeping it simple, keeping the basic rules as is and letting the chips fall where they may. I don't see how everyone can be made happy with any rule change, some folks are hurt by them, some are helped. Leave it the way it is, pull up your big girl panties and deal with it (no offense meant WW).

I agree... leave it the way it is..... Just give some definitions to add clarity to what is broke or not....

Also, I agree on a new rule..... You bitch and moan... your broke....

Terry

YouGotJunk
11-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Deleted, off topic

Maximus
11-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Stick to suggestions, not finger pointing.

91lxnos
11-25-2008, 01:55 PM
How about a

Power adder DD
and
All Motor DD

you can only be on one list.
(This is from another board) and it mite allow for some nice competician in the all motor arena.
How many all motor combos made the dozen in the past 3 years?
Just a thought

91lxnos
11-25-2008, 02:02 PM
-A Participating member of Stangbangerz.
**That means, you show up to SBZ events
**you show up to SBZ get-togethers
**you are an active member on Stangbangerz forums (posting 100 things for sale is NOT an active member)

-Running of the Dozen (there should/will be a few of these)

-Local T&T at E20 or TS with fellow SBZ members (these are our local tracks)

-A true street, Ford powered Mustang/Capri with insurance, tags and registration matching the car.

-Owner may have help building his/her car, but they, the OWNER will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

-If fail to post up that you broke to delibratey stay on the list, you are off...PERMANENTLY.

-If you break, blow up, change combo, your off the list till you re-run the car. All times before are void. No "one hit" wonders.

Now somehow we have to come up with a Technical definition of "Blow up"
This is a very Grey area and it needs addressing. I believe all the other "rules" are easy to understand. so lets concentrate on the last one.

Blown up, Broke....
If you have a HOLE in a Piston, You are Blown up, broke.
If you have a car that wont go in gear and or move because the trans will not allow it, YABU/B.
If you have to pull your engine out of the car for any reason, YABU/B.
If you have to pull your SC or Turbo off to have it serviced, YABU/B.

Those are just a few I could come up with. I know there are many others.

So lets here everyones suggestions.:bigthumb

Why is KilKare not coinsidered a local track??
ALOTE of SBZ members run at KK
So if someone were to run say a 9.50 at KK and go to TS and have not as good of luck with traction and slow to a 9.90 then they have to use the 9.90 for the DD.....SBZ is bigger then just Hamilton, and Colrain Twsp. Hell we tested The PINKS car at KK I think that was a pretty big statement for SBZ.

Metcalf Racing
11-25-2008, 02:22 PM
So how do the other members of the DD determine that the offender that pushed a HG only replaces it without doing any head work??

It sure does suck that we actually have to Police this and keep people honest. But I guess that is what comes from having the List that Everyone wants to be on. :cool1:basiclly if they make improvements to their heads then their car should be faster...So there numbers should get better

Metcalf Racing
11-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Deleted, off topic

Maximus
11-25-2008, 02:53 PM
How about a

Power adder DD
and
All Motor DD

you can only be on one list.
(This is from another board) and it mite allow for some nice competician in the all motor arena.
How many all motor combos made the dozen in the past 3 years?
Just a thought

Then how about a class for True Street Radial tires? DOTs? Slicks only? Manually Shifted Cars? Automatic cars?
Vinny wanted to see the areas 12 Fastest Street Mustang/Capri. Period. :)

Why is KilKare not coinsidered a local track??
ALOTE of SBZ members run at KK
So if someone were to run say a 9.50 at KK and go to TS and have not as good of luck with traction and slow to a 9.90 then they have to use the 9.90 for the DD.....SBZ is bigger then just Hamilton, and Colrain Twsp. Hell we tested The PINKS car at KK I think that was a pretty big statement for SBZ.

Vinny called Cincinnati home. Holly calls Cincinnati home. (New Richmond actually) so TS and E2O are local to Cincinnati.
I would say 9 out of 10 of SBZ from the Dayton area run at TS also.
I dont have a problem with KK and I think a DD shoot-out at KK would be cool. But if you want to be on the Dozen, ONE shoot out is NOT gonna cut it.
PINKS car was also tested at TS.

Very good suggestions, keep em coming.:bigthumb

basiclly if they make improvements to their heads then their car should be faster...So there numbers should get better

But if someone drops a valve and fixes it but says they only puked a HG... This is where the problem lays. Dis-honest people dis-respecting members.:(

Metcalf Racing
11-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Vinny called Cincinnati home. Holly calls Cincinnati home. (New Richmond actually) so TS and E2O are local to Cincinnati.
I dont have a problem with KK and I think a DD shoot-out at KK would be cool. But if you want to be on the Dozen, ONE shoot out is NOT gonna cut it.

But if someone drops a valve and fixes it but says they only puked a HG... This is where the problem lays. Dis-honest people dis-respecting members.:(Agreed

Metcalf Racing
11-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Deleted, off topicScrew that......It was definitly not off topic..........Deleting posts to make things one sided is BS...........What a joke:squirt::popcorn:

Maximus
11-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Screw that......It was definitly not off topic..........Deleting posts to make things one sided is BS...........What a joke:squirt::popcorn:

PM me what you said.

Suggestions should not be deleted.

cstreu1026
11-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Then how about a class for True Street Radial tires? DOTs? Slicks only? Manually Shifted Cars? Automatic cars?

I can see both sides to that, but it does suck to know that I would have to spend mega bucks to have a shot at the top spot with an all motor car. Not to mention it wouldn't even come close to being a streetable car.

Maximus
11-25-2008, 03:14 PM
I can see both sides to that, but it does suck to know that I would have to spend mega bucks to have a shot at the top spot with an all motor car. Not to mention it wouldn't even come close to being a streetable car.

Why do you think I got out of the Dozen!! I swear, babies are less expensive!!:lol:

Although I heard there is a 600+ ci getting dropped into the fram rails of a DD Stang.:eek:

cstreu1026
11-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Well I know of one getting a 500+ big block but I had not heard about a 600+. There is no replacement for displacement.

Maximus
11-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Well I know of one getting a 500+ big block but I had not heard about a 600+. There is no replacement for displacement.

Crackas are crazy for a Sticker!!!:eek::bigthumb

Metcalf Racing
11-25-2008, 03:50 PM
PM me what you said.

Suggestions should not be deleted.LOL....I just seen your name is black again

mustangboy
11-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Although I heard there is a 600+ ci getting dropped into the fram rails of a DD Stang.

That wouldn't be a calypso colored car would it?

Maximus
11-25-2008, 04:43 PM
That wouldn't be a calypso colored car would it?

No....But since you know something, spill it!!:lol:

Rob
11-25-2008, 04:48 PM
There is no replacement for displacement.

Sure there is, its called boost :bigthumb

91lxnos
11-25-2008, 04:49 PM

But if someone drops a valve and fixes it but says they only puked a HG... This is where the problem lays. Dis-honest people dis-respecting members.:(

Well let's see we have the Dirty Dozen
the Other Dozen
The Wicked Women

So I dont see where it would be out of line to have a N/A Dozen.
Just a way to get more people involved. And why not have the DD run on a DOT tire? This is the fastest street cars

So whats next then? You have to live in the greater Cincinnati area to be on the dozen?

I didn't say a "shootout" at KilKare I think times posted at KK should count twords the DD and you would still have to show up at the shootout.

mfoss
11-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Why do you think I got out of the Dozen!! I swear, babies are less expensive!!:lol:

Although I heard there is a 600+ ci getting dropped into the fram rails of a DD Stang.:eek:Its a 552 with 2 kits. NOT 600

Maximus
11-25-2008, 05:25 PM
So I dont see where it would be out of line to have a N/A Dozen.
Just a way to get more people involved. And why not have the DD run on a DOT tire? This is the fastest street cars

So whats next then? You have to live in the greater Cincinnati area to be on the dozen?

Seems like a few people are suggesting minimal rules and guidelines, but you would like more??
Splitting the Dozen into different categories NA or PA would, I think, be degrading to some. Oh some arent fast enough to be on the Dozen, but they are running NA so SBZ made a special designation just for them....Its kinda like when Little League teams dont win, they still give them some kinda of trophy to make them feel OK....Well this isnt the Little League. Guys bust their ass to be on the DIRTY DOZEN and splitting it into two categories would take away from it. When someone sees a DD sticker on a car, it doesnt say, NA or PA. It says that person is one of the 12 fastest cars in the Tri-State area, PERIOD.

DOT tire as in A true Radial? ET STREET? ET STREET DRAG RADIAL? For the past 4 years there has never been a restriction on tire and there shouldnt be now.

As far as KK, as long as a fellow SBZ active member is witness to the run, I wouldnt see a problem with it. I was just saying that if there is going to be a Running of the Dozen, then KK would be a cool addition for other people to witness the Dirty Dozen. So maybe have one at E2O, TS and KK??

Maximus
11-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Its a 552 with 2 kits. NOT 600

Well gee...Im sorry, I shouldve said 552!!:lol::bigthumb

Adam@S&MMotorsports
11-25-2008, 05:44 PM
An NA dozen kinda sounds like the special Olympics! :tard: If you are so proud of being NA build a bad ass NA car that will run with the PA cars. 12 fastest street cars period, no one gives 2 shits about how much juice or boost just ET!:bigthumb

Timido
11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
NA cars special Olympics. Ha I know alot of NA cars that could put a stomping on half that list!

I think leave the rules simple the way they were designed. I think everyone should just be honest with what they are doing. If you dont have license and Insurance you shouldnt be on the list. If your car is broke you shouldn't be on the list. If you dont follow the simple rules you are not only fooling yourself you are screwing your friends. I quit posting up my numbers because of all the B.S. that comes with the Dozen.

Maximus
11-25-2008, 06:39 PM
NA cars special Olympics. Ha I know alot of NA cars that could put a stomping on half that list!

I think leave the rules simple the way they were designed. I think everyone should just be honest with what they are doing. If you dont have license and Insurance you shouldnt be on the list. If your car is broke you shouldn't be on the list. If you dont follow the simple rules you are not only fooling yourself you are screwing your friends. I quit posting up my numbers because of all the B.S. that comes with the Dozen.

That would be a Perfect world, not SBZ.:lol:

JASON408
11-25-2008, 06:45 PM
If we had a n/a dozen i would be higher than 3rd on it but it would not make me any cooler . Its about being fast not how you get there . Start having classes just makes slower cars make it on the list and down grades it . As far as the whole broke thing .I think this is realy the first time in 4 years it has been a problem and it is not a problem till the end of the year . One of the resons some people dont even post a number till the end of the year . If you make 2 back to back shootouts at the end of the year ( i would like to see one with a run off . one cool ass race . ) And have a mod there .And when it goes in the trailer and a mod says it not broke than its not . Dont make the shoot out dont make the final list . I think there should be a shootout once a month . Only times for the shoot dates count . Gets everyone toghter a few times a year and everyone can find a way to make one off them threw the year and you can use that as a qualifing lader for one big shoot out at the end of the year . Then ladder them bitches up for another prize .that way you have to be at the shootout to make the list . You dont show not on the list . If you want on the list you will take a vaction day . .

ibstrokin
11-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Remember, the title of this thread is, "suggestions", nothing set in stone

My .02

A few years ago people threw a fit to have the "Other Dozen", I put my 17 sec truck on there as a joke, and it made it. That list was a big buzz for about a week, now no one cares. Adding another dozen is pointless, as said before, if you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch. I'm not trying to be rude by that statement, But, the dozen is about people stepping up to meet the challenge, not accommodating lesser achievements.

Kilkare should always remain on the list, it just makes sense. Quite a few 513 guys make it to KK throughout the year. SBZ may be a Cincy based site, but there are alot of Dayton guys here too. And since Vinny's name was dragged into this argument, he invited us to this site as well.

I don't like rule changes, I don't see the need. I think there will be bickering in this thread every year regardless of the rules. And if rules start getting changed, people will bicker more, because they will think it will further their argument. If the rules never change, people will eventually catch on, and bitch less. I don't like that I don't have a 12" pecker, but I deal with it.

I do like the idea of posting shootouts early, it would make it easier for me. I have to work 3 Sat.'s a month usually, so that would help. But that's not a rule, just courtesy.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
11-25-2008, 07:47 PM

Congrats, Me too! So why make a seperate list for them? If they can run with the big boys let them run. It's all about being one of the twelve fastest street cars PERIOD.

95turbocharged
11-25-2008, 07:54 PM
I agree with the setting dates early for the shootouts. it's easier to make plans that way.

91lxnos
11-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Seems like a few people are suggesting minimal rules and guidelines, but you would like more??
Splitting the Dozen into different categories NA or PA would, I think, be degrading to some. Oh some arent fast enough to be on the Dozen, but they are running NA so SBZ made a special designation just for them....Its kinda like when Little League teams dont win, they still give them some kinda of trophy to make them feel OK....Well this isnt the Little League. Guys bust their ass to be on the DIRTY DOZEN and splitting it into two categories would take away from it. When someone sees a DD sticker on a car, it doesnt say, NA or PA. It says that person is one of the 12 fastest cars in the Tri-State area, PERIOD.

DOT tire as in A true Radial? ET STREET? ET STREET DRAG RADIAL? For the past 4 years there has never been a restriction on tire and there shouldnt be now.

As far as KK, as long as a fellow SBZ active member is witness to the run, I wouldnt see a problem with it. I was just saying that if there is going to be a Running of the Dozen, then KK would be a cool addition for other people to witness the Dirty Dozen. So maybe have one at E2O, TS and KK??

well one ot of three aint bad.:)

bbfstanger
11-25-2008, 08:03 PM
i thought the rules were fine,just need to define brakeage is all that seems to be a prob.
a get together at all three tracks is a good idea ,i think advance notice is definately needed for more to have the opportunity to participate.

1992MustangDW
11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
i thought the rules were fine,just need to define brakeage is all that seems to be a prob.
a get together at all three tracks is a good idea ,i think advance notice is definately needed for more to have the opportunity to participate.

exacly what he said.

Rich
11-25-2008, 08:45 PM
I threw this idea out a few years ago...

To be on the DD list, you must make your pass at an officially sanctioned Stangbangerz DD event. There could be 3 or 4 "events". Have 1 early in the season, 1 in July, 1 in October, and an early November. You could also have these at the different tracks...E20, TS, and KK.

Keep it simple...
1. You must make your pass at one of these "events"
2. You must have a current registration/insurance card
3. slicks/trailers are ok

Timido
11-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Congrats, Me too! So why make a seperate list for them? If they can run with the big boys let them run. It's all about being one of the twelve fastest street cars PERIOD.

I never said anything about a seperate list for them.

Rick93coupe
11-25-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm with Rich on this one. If everyone made their passes at a sanctioned (sbz) event, then anyone in the running would have to be there. There would be plenty of witnesses to determine what is or isn't broken and you'll take the honesty out of the equation.

Maximus
11-25-2008, 10:46 PM
It would make for a HELLOFA show also!!:bigthumb

bkstang95
11-25-2008, 10:49 PM
But if someone drops a valve and fixes it but says they only puked a HG... This is where the problem lays. Dis-honest people dis-respecting members.:([/QUOTE]

If caught, banned from future list? Hopefully that is all anyone on here would need to keep honest.

Maximus
11-25-2008, 10:55 PM
If caught, banned from future list? Hopefully that is all anyone on here would need to keep honest.

Banned from a list? More like BANNED from SBZ. I hate a dishonest LR Mofo!!:mad:

Rick93coupe
11-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Bare with me for a second.

According to dictionary.com, the meaning of broken is.

bro⋅ken
   /ˈbroʊkən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb
1. pp. of break.
–adjective
[B]2. reduced to fragments; fragmented.
3. ruptured; torn; fractured.
4. not functioning properly; out of working order.
5. Meteorology. (of sky cover) being more than half, but not totally, covered by clouds. Compare scattered (def. 4).
6. changing direction abruptly: The fox ran in a broken line.
7. fragmentary or incomplete: a broken ton of coal weighing 1,500 pounds.
8. infringed or violated: A broken promise is a betrayal of trust.
9. interrupted, disrupted, or disconnected: After the phone call he returned to his broken sleep.
10. weakened in strength, spirit, etc.: His broken health was due to alcoholism.
11. tamed, trained, or reduced to submission: The horse was broken to the saddle.
12. imperfectly spoken, as language: She still speaks broken English.
13. spoken in a halting or fragmentary manner, as under emotional strain: He uttered a few broken words of sorrow.
14. disunited or divided: Divorce results in broken families.
15. not smooth; rough or irregular: We left the plains and rode through broken country.
16. ruined; bankrupt: the broken fortunes of his family.
17. Papermaking, Printing. a quantity of paper of less than 500 or 1000 sheets.

To me, if you need to change plugs, replace head gaskets or do anything that requires wrenches to get your car down the track again, its fucking broken. If you go at it with a philosophy like that, you get rid of most of the grey areas.

chad393na
11-25-2008, 11:45 PM

bro⋅ken
–verb
1. pp. of break.
–adjective
5. Meteorology. (of sky cover) being more than half, but not totally, covered by clouds. Compare scattered (def. 4).
9. interrupted, disrupted, or disconnected: After the phone call he returned to his broken sleep.
10. weakened in strength, spirit, etc.: His broken health was due to alcoholism.
11. tamed, trained, or reduced to submission: The horse was broken to the saddle.
13. spoken in a halting or fragmentary manner, as under emotional strain: He uttered a few broken words of sorrow.
15. not smooth; rough or irregular: We left the plains and rode through broken country.

To me, if you need to change plugs, replace head gaskets or do anything that requires wrenches to get your car down the track again, its fucking broken. If you go at it with a philosophy like that, you get rid of most of the grey areas.

Change plugs? As in if you melt one? Seems more like maintenance to me.

Maximus
11-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Whoa...So if someone removes a plug after a run to "read it" its broke??:eek:

Im liking the Shoot-out deal. But, who would "save" their car just for those events and who would hammer down week-end after week-end??

Rick93coupe
11-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Think true street. Who goes to a race to tune their car? You've got every opportunity to test and tune the car, but at these particular events you come ready to put down the # with your car dialed in.

Rick93coupe
11-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Change plugs? As in if you melt one? Seems more like maintenance to me.

That's exactly the point Chad, if you melt a plug, I would have to say its probably broken or " not functioning properly ". :lol:

ibstrokin
11-26-2008, 12:53 AM
That's exactly the point Chad, if you melt a plug, I would have to say its probably broken or " not functioning properly ". :lol:

Not true at all. In Rengegade, their ideal pass melts the ground strap off the plugs. And they replace/check plugs after every pass. Also the guys that run heavy spray should check their plugs every pass, to keep from catastrophic failure( cough, Doug ).

Let's face it, a 8 or 9 sec car takes alot more maint. Sometimes minor disassembly is required to keep up maint./safety.

Maximus
11-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Think true street. Who goes to a race to tune their car? You've got every opportunity to test and tune the car, but at these particular events you come ready to put down the # with your car dialed in.

Hmmm...so you are saying that at the DD shoot-out, NO underhood, No laptop, No tweaking of ANY kind between rounds? Thats Hard Core.:eek:
But then again, more rules. Curious to see how the Past Dozen Members feel about this.:)

I like following the list throughout the year and seeing who is stepping up and who broke.

ibstrokin
11-26-2008, 01:14 AM
No new rules, FTW

Rick93coupe
11-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Not true at all. In Rengegade, their ideal pass melts the ground strap off the plugs. And they replace/check plugs after every pass. Also the guys that run heavy spray should check their plugs every pass, to keep from catastrophic failure( cough, Doug ).

Let's face it, a 8 or 9 sec car takes alot more maint. Sometimes minor disassembly is required to keep up maint./safety.

I see your point, but we're not talking Renegade, have to follow a strict guideline and push your car to the very edge type of deal here.
I do agree there's more maint the faster you get, but we're also talking about making a couple of passes at a get together and trying to get your best run.

Rick93coupe
11-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Hmmm...so you are saying that at the DD shoot-out, NO underhood, No laptop, No tweaking of ANY kind between rounds? Thats Hard Core.:eek:
But then again, more rules. Curious to see how the Past Dozen Members feel about this.:)

I like following the list throughout the year and seeing who is stepping up and who broke.

Again, these are only my thoughts and for that matter I don't really have a dog in the fight. I'm just trying to help come up with a more foolproof way to cut down on the bitchfest that happens every yr.

Again, I'm thinking true street type rules. You needed to pop your hood to fix something and your done. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Every yr guys conformed to that idea and put down better #'s than the last, so you know it works.

ibstrokin
11-26-2008, 01:21 AM
The deal with the Dozen has always been your best pass of the year. Many times guys run there best pass when the conditions are good, when you have a set day to perform, you never know what weather or track condition you will have.

Rick93coupe
11-26-2008, 01:30 AM
It does create an even playing field though.

Maximus
11-26-2008, 01:55 AM
The deal with the Dozen has always been your best pass of the year. Many times guys run there best pass when the conditions are good, when you have a set day to perform, you never know what weather or track condition you will have.

Can you imagine the Bitchfest when someone doesnt hook at the track on a certain day? They ran 8.50, but a week later they could only muster a 9.70 on the same track. Oh I can hear my ears ringin already.:lol:

How about we have a list that starts when the local tracks open. We update it weekly and have everyone on it. On a set date, to be determined months ahead of time, we take the top 20 and have a run off. At the end of the day, the top 12 that are still running/driving are GURANTEED a spot in the Final running of the Dozen. Then we do another Running of the Dozen and start again. Top 12 move on to the Final Running. and one more time. Near the end of the year, all 36 Dozen would meet at E2O for an all out Dozen Slug-fest...Oh yeah. Each top 12 that "qualify" for the Final Run, they will be exempt and placed on the FINAL RUN to the DOZEN list. That way new and guys on the bubble will have a chance to step up!
We could start at TS, then KK, then to E2O and the last one will be run at E20 in the fall. Probably like November.

When the dust settles, we will have our Dirty Dozen.

Or we could leave things alone and make the moderators job much easier.

Either way, there will be only ONE list.:)

ibstrokin
11-26-2008, 02:25 AM
Dude, That sounds complicated

Maximus
11-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Dude, That sounds complicated

Drink a couple more beers and it will work out!! LOL!!:lol:

Silver Bullet
11-26-2008, 03:30 AM
[QUOTE=Maximus;426794]Hmmm...so you are saying that at the DD shoot-out, NO underhood, No laptop, No tweaking of ANY kind between rounds? Thats Hard Core.:eek:
QUOTE]

I don't like it. I have to use it to tune the power for the track. That is why I paid $$$$ for the system. I like to use it to monitor the car and make sure everything is in line. That just seems silly.

Rick93coupe
11-26-2008, 03:33 AM
[QUOTE=Maximus;426794]Hmmm...so you are saying that at the DD shoot-out, NO underhood, No laptop, No tweaking of ANY kind between rounds? Thats Hard Core.:eek:
QUOTE]

I don't like it. I have to use it to tune the power for the track. That is why I paid $$$$ for the system. I like to use it to monitor the car and make sure everything is in line. That just seems silly.

I don't know where that came from, I said don't pop the hood. If your broken, no tuning on the laptop will fix it.

cobrajoe
11-26-2008, 06:29 AM
I think maybe someone(s) should be designated as final say as to weather your broke or not. Plus it should be someone that is not well known to the so called "Crowd". JMO

JASON408
11-26-2008, 07:50 AM
To me, if you need to change plugs, replace head gaskets or do anything that requires wrenches to get your car down the track again, its fucking broken. If you go at it with a philosophy like that, you get rid of most of the grey areas.[/QUOTE]

If your shit is fast you need to work on it . I change plugs every 2 passes . This is the dozen not true street . True street is a race and the dozen is all year . I guess you cant change the oil all year or its broke or put air in your tires or its broke . The rules are fine the way they are just try to get everyone to more shootouts . If its not broke dont fix it . No matter what rules you come up with fast guys will still be fast !!!! you can add all kind of rules trying to get slower guys on the list but all that does is muddy it up With all the drama it aready starting not to be worth it .

JASON408
11-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Next year is going to be a fast list for sure you will have 5 or 6 cars over 1000 hp and this is what makes this list so cool .Every year people change there combo to get faster and to have a new challange .Hell even the top spot on the list has already sold his blower to put a big turbo on it and thats what is all about . Just what vinny wanted FAST ASS STREET CARS !!!!!! not a bunch of rules . Keep it simple stupid is a great saying . With all the cars coming out next year is going to be fun
silver bullit new big turbo low 8
93 coupe big turbo low 8
mfoss 600" with 2 kits low 8
mustangoutlaw coming back 8somthing
jim svt 8 something
me putting on my 2nd stage mid 8
ibstrokin car out and running 8 something
kennybell ?????????? you know he is going to step up
with all these cars being able to go this fast its going to be a blast to see if they car get it done . And thats what this list is all about lets not mess it up with a bunch of drama . PICK YOUR BROTHER UP DONT PUSH HIM DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Bullet
11-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Next year is going to be a fast list for sure you will have 5 or 6 cars over 1000 hp and this is what makes this list so cool .Every year people change there combo to get faster and to have a new challange .Hell even the top spot on the list has already sold his blower to put a big turbo on it and thats what is all about . Just what vinny wanted FAST ASS STREET CARS !!!!!! not a bunch of rules . Keep it simple stupid is a great saying . With all the cars coming out next year is going to be fun
93 coupe big turbo low 8
jim svt 8 something
with all these cars being able to go this fast its going to be a blast to see if they car get it done . And thats what this list is all about lets not mess it up with a bunch of drama . PICK YOUR BROTHER UP DONT PUSH HIM DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason that is one of the best/POSITIVE post I have seen in a long time! Agree totally..... :bigthumb:bigthumb:bigthumb

On another note, who posted this:To me, if you need to change plugs, replace head gaskets or do anything that requires wrenches to get your car down the track again, its fucking broken. If you go at it with a philosophy like that, you get rid of most of the grey areas.[/quote]
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

Maximus
11-26-2008, 09:08 AM
At least there are some SUGGESTIONS coming from other people now. There is nothing set in stone so I hope nobody gets upset.:)

There should be a few DD shootouts during the year thou. It would be cool to see EVERYONE come out to see some Fast Mustangs & a Capri. It would also allow fellow members to show off their Stang as well.:)

Keep it civil and keep the suggestions coming.:bigthumb

:sbowns:

93 coupe
11-26-2008, 09:52 AM
93 coupe big turbo low 8
jim svt 8 something

It's only 552" DAMIT! Wish everyone would get it right! :D

93 coupe
11-26-2008, 09:53 AM
And mines just a little turbo :bigthumb

91lxnos
11-26-2008, 10:04 AM

bro⋅ken
–verb
1. pp. of break.
–adjective

Let's see Hmmmmmmm............make a run and don't check my plugs to risk being knocked off the list and risk not getting my $2.00 sticker.......or Make a run and check my plugs and loose my spot on the list and my $2.00 sticker but save my $10,000.00 invested motor well, you do the math. I've been there and done that, I DO check my plugs now running a carb combo and spray makes it mandatory to check plugs. But I guess I could not check them have them melt down, and start a nasty chain of events and next thing you know I'm across the track and in the side of andther SBZ car. But Hell I GOT MY STICKER!!!!!!!!!:bigthumb

Kwik92GT
11-26-2008, 10:08 AM
93 coupe big turbo low 8
jim svt 8 something

Quoted for truth. The original dozen list had full out race cars on it if I recall. I understand wanting to keep it "street" cars and keeping it to participating members (even though I probably don't fit the written rule of it) but a lot of these "rules" are what's causing the problems. You're still talking about what "broke" is, it's subjective. Just like the question, what is a "street" car? It's all in how each individual looks at it. K.I.S.S.

Keep the list going all through the year for members at local tracks, sprinkle a few DD shootouts in throughout the season, and have FUN. If you're slow don't try to bring the fast guys back down to you, fast guys will always be fast. Also, there's track fast and "street" fast so what does it matter. Someone is always faster/quicker somewhere, get over it.

Maximus
11-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Do you think the DD could self-police itself?

Say #3 pops a head gasket/has a seal go out in the trans/has a fitting break off/breaks an axle/etc/etc BUT they have it fixed that day(after the track closes) or the next day. (there were no issues with the engine) Are they off the list? I think it should be up to the other 11 to vote (publicly) on it.

IMO, I say he would be broke and have to re-run to get a new ET

Comments? Ideas?

Kwik92GT
11-26-2008, 11:05 AM

Say #3 pops a head gasket/has a seal go out in the trans/has a fitting break off/breaks an axle/etc/etc BUT they have it fixed that day(after the track closes) or the next day. (there were no issues with the engine) Are they off the list? I think it should be up to the other 11 to vote (publicly) on it.

Comments? Ideas?

Not one of the other 11, but I'd say they shouldn't be taken off the list permanently if all they did was repair what was broke. If the combo changes because of breakage, (like having to change to a DIFFERENT trans or change to a new set of heads) then they'd have to get back on by running it again. Something like an axle being replaced doesn't really change the combo. JMO.

91lxnos
11-26-2008, 11:13 AM

Why ya gotta bring up the past......In the imortal words of Greg Barnett "I don't think you have enough octane in your gas, if it starts to feel funny get out of it" BG (06) So what do i do It feels funny in the burnout so I go balls out all the way 1320' Well needless to say I learned my lesson all the time building a new motor:tard:That was some fun times back then!

Rick93coupe
11-26-2008, 12:41 PM

Comments? Ideas?

You already know the answer to that question, you guys just went though probably 10 pages over whether or not a bent header tube was considered broken. :rolleyes: Then there's Robs car, was his seeping headgasket broken?

You guys are getting your panties wadded up all ready and this is the SUGGESTION thread. :flipoff:

To everyone pissy about the subject of spark plugs, if you feel like your motor is about to let go, you lift. Does somebody really need to explain this to you?
Nobody said you can't check your plugs to make sure everything was ok. The statement was at this "event", or pre determined time frame for the "event", if you pop the hood your done. When you leave the rules open to interpretation, your begging for drama.

facemelter71
11-26-2008, 12:53 PM
You already know the answer to that question, you guys just went though probably 10 pages over whether or not a bent header tube was considered broken. :rolleyes: Then there's Robs car, was his seeping headgasket broken?

You guys are getting your panties wadded up all ready and this is the SUGGESTION thread. :flipoff:

To everyone pissy about the subject of spark plugs, if you feel like your motor is about to let go, you lift. Does somebody really need to explain this to you?
Nobody said you can't check your plugs to make sure everything was ok. The statement was at this "event", or pre determined time frame for the "event", if you pop the hood your done. When you leave the rules open to interpretation, your begging for drama.
Well,next year,Im not running a hood.:bigthumb

Rick93coupe
11-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Well,next year,Im not running a hood.:bigthumb

:D:D:D You should be a lawyer! :bigthumb

mcat
11-26-2008, 02:02 PM
you mustang guy's are killin me. im an outsider looking in, not cus my junk is slow (it would be in the top half of the field), but its not a ford!! lets talk rules.. how many cars drove to the track atleast once this year? who has tags and insurance? rules are only as good as the people inforcing them..
the whole "broke" issue is a joke too.
do any sanctioning bodies in any motorsport remove your accomplisments if you break?
do you only hold a class record if you dont break all season ?
what if your car gets stolen ?
or totaled "on the street".. does that make what you accomplished with it void?
what if driver X runs 8.20 on his roof,his car is totaled, and he broke both legs? does that make it less of a feat? i sure would hate to lose out on a sticker cuz times are tough and i cant afford to fix a broken rearend,...SERIOUSLY

continue.
D

Maximus
11-26-2008, 02:10 PM
you mustang guy's are killin me. im an outsider looking in, not cus my junk is slow (it would be in the top half of the field), but its not a ford!! lets talk rules.. how many cars drove to the track atleast once this year? who has tags and insurance? rules are only as good as the people inforcing them..
do any sanctioning bodies in any motorsport remove your accomplisments if you break?
what if driver X runs 8.20 on his roof,his car is totaled, and he broke both legs? does that make it less of a feat? i sure would hate to lose out on a sticker cuz times are tough and i cant afford to fix a broken rearend,...SERIOSLY

continue.
D

Welcome new guy.

So do you have anything constructive to add?

facemelter71
11-26-2008, 02:14 PM
what if driver X runs 8.20 on his roof,his car is totaled, and he broke both legs? does that make it less of a feat? i sure would hate to lose out on a sticker cuz times are tough and i cant afford to fix a broken rearend,...SERIOSLY

continue.
D

See the issue is,I can throw a stroked windsor in my car and throw enough spray at it to put me in the low whatever the hell number I want.As long as I post a number Im good.But Im sure One or more of my rods will make a window in the block and there for Im broke.But since I posted that one number,Im at the top of the list with a busted ass car.That would not be cool for every one else.

91lxnos
11-26-2008, 02:18 PM

As far as knowing when to lift....Building a 10 sec car and a 9sec car in the past three years has taught me when to lift. (just making referance to some past good times) I wasn't clear on when you were and were not aloud to check plugs. At a shoot out, OK. But if we do the no hood lift rule then why not three back to back passes w/o cool down time and then avg. the three runs like they do in True Street. OR just leave the rules alone and just determine what declares BROKE.

Kwik92GT
11-26-2008, 02:20 PM

continue.
D

BINGO! We have a winner. Seems most are more interested in trying to take something away from someone than just saying good job and giving them their earned spot on the DD. A bent header tube, a blown head gasket, broken diff., whatever, shouldn't cause you to lose your place on the dozen. You lose your spot by someone going quicker than you. Broke should mean catastrophic failure if anything, still don't like it.

91lxnos
11-26-2008, 02:22 PM
BINGO! We have a winner. Seems most are more interested in trying to take something away from someone than just saying good job and giving them their earned spot on the DD. A bent header tube, a blown head gasket, broken diff., whatever, shouldn't cause you to lose your place on the dozen. You lose your spot by someone going quicker than you.

Agree:bigthumb

facemelter71
11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
BINGO! We have a winner. Seems most are more interested in trying to take something away from someone than just saying good job and giving them their earned spot on the DD. A bent header tube, a blown head gasket, broken diff., whatever, shouldn't cause you to lose your place on the dozen. You lose your spot by someone going quicker than you. Broke should mean catastrophic failure if anything, still don't like it.

If it works like that im building a stroker with enough spray for 9 cars.I just hope it will last 1320 feet.

mcat
11-26-2008, 02:29 PM
If it works like that im building a stroker with enough spray for 9 cars.I just hope it will last 1320 feet.
if you got the BALLS to do it , then you deserve it. those must be some great stickers

Black Horse
11-26-2008, 02:30 PM
I have given this some serious thought and here are my proposals:

1) Any day or location is eligible (yes even KK) - you can make your best time at Gainesville if you want, but you still have to drive the car to a SBZ event.
2) To be counted you must drive the car the last 5 miles to the track and back (if you trailer, you drop the car 5 miles away and drive in, and drive out go 5 miles and load back up. This would take care of determining who has a street car and who is broken.
(Car could be driven on street tires and street set-up and changed to race mode at the track - I'm sure another SBZer would be more than glad to help you fetch the trailer).
3) You still need another SBZer to witness your run(s) and your drive in and out.
4) You lie - Goodbye - permanent exclusion from the list and future lists.
5) You need to attend and DRIVE the car to any one or more ORGANIZED SBZ events.(Cruise-in, Dyno-Day, Track day, etc.)
6) You make ANY mechanical repairs, alterations or improvements that would change the potential ET (make it quicker), you are off the list until you run again.

Other thoughts:
a) Perhaps a time cannot be listed unless you run the same number (or within 10%) twice on two SEPARATE occasions (two runs the same day would not count).

Makes you work for it, makes it fair, and should knock out some of the potential questioning. What do you think?

boostanggt
11-26-2008, 02:43 PM
if you got the BALLS to do it , then you deserve it. those must be some great stickers

Yup that's all everyone is doing this for is a sticker :lol:

facemelter71
11-26-2008, 02:48 PM

Im just makin a statement.

Maximus
11-26-2008, 03:01 PM

If some LR throws a SHIT load of Boost or NOS at a Stock motor and runs just ONE TIME and their ET gets them on the list...THATS OK with you? How is that justified to all the other Dozen members?

I can see a conversation at a local cruise in....
"I see you have a DD sticker on your car. Pretty cool"
Thanks
"So I hear all you have to do is run ONE TIME and put up a low ET and your on"
Yeah, The DD kinda lost its luster when they allowed One Hit wonders.
"Hell any LR can throw a shit load of NOS on a motor and survive one round."

Sorry guy, I will fight to keep one hit wonders off the list.

mcat
11-26-2008, 04:12 PM
lets say a "guy" makes a 7.50 pass first day of the year first pass on a new car, then never makes another pass all season , but drives it to the track every week and drives it to everysingle function! then shows up at your cruise in and has the same conversation. but ends the conversation with" i did what i HAD to do "
silly cenerio's can be thrown up all day...it doesnt change the fact that , fast guy's will stay fast guy's, and will make tons of passes to try to be the faster guy. and sometimes shit breaks..the top 6 dd guys hasnt changed much in the past 3 years..

quik lx
11-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Welcome new guy.

So do you have anything constructive to add?

:lol:

k062693w
11-26-2008, 04:24 PM
NHRA, IHRA, NMRA, Etc.... All have paid and volunteer tech people, And yet every year you read multiple stories of " So and so got caught running nitrous", Or " Jim Bob had bigger valves and ported heads".. And think how mny didn't get caught ?? So how are a bunch of guys who are out for a sticker going to be able to tech themselves and determine who is broke, Who is cheating, Who did or didn't make it to an event ???
I think ONE person should be in charge and WHAT THEY SAY GOES!!!!!
This person would determine who is broke and who isn't... You want to be on the dozen ?? These are the rules.. Don't like it ?? Don't be on the list.. Person in charge determines your broke... Your BROKE!!! You start whining and bitching about being determined broke, Or your thoughts on who is broke... Your off the list.!!!
Plain and Simple....
Just my $.02..

95turbocharged
11-26-2008, 06:09 PM
heres my .02 this is not a national event, it should be simple like it has been(or supposed to be)! if you have to cheat your friends and fellow racers to get a damn sticker then you are BROKE(in the head) and shouldn't be on the boards or at any events anyway!!! yes a lot of people want a DD stricker, I know I do, not because I'm better than anyone, but because of what it stands for to me. it's a honor to be part of what vinny started so all that said! if there is to be rule changes then how about this

I think that the top 15 or 20 from this year get together and go over the rules and let them hash out the 09 DD setup!
there has been alot of people comning up with different formats which is nice to think about but, with the site as big as it is now there is no way to please everyone so leave it to the the DD list and contenders for list at the end of each season to decide how the next year will be handled!!!!

Metcalf Racing
11-26-2008, 07:47 PM
I have given this some serious thought and here are my proposals:

1) Any day or location is eligible (yes even KK) - you can make your best time at Gainesville if you want, but you still have to drive the car to a SBZ event.
2) To be counted you must drive the car the last 5 miles to the track and back (if you trailer, you drop the car 5 miles away and drive in, and drive out go 5 miles and load back up. This would take care of determining who has a street car and who is broken.
(Car could be driven on street tires and street set-up and changed to race mode at the track - I'm sure another SBZer would be more than glad to help you fetch the trailer).
3) You still need another SBZer to witness your run(s) and your drive in and out.
4) You lie - Goodbye - permanent exclusion from the list and future lists.
5) You need to attend and DRIVE the car to any one or more ORGANIZED SBZ events.(Cruise-in, Dyno-Day, Track day, etc.)
6) You make ANY mechanical repairs, alterations or improvements that would change the potential ET (make it quicker), you are off the list until you run again.

Other thoughts:
a) Perhaps a time cannot be listed unless you run the same number (or within 10%) twice on two SEPARATE occasions (two runs the same day would not count).

Makes you work for it, makes it fair, and should knock out some of the potential questioning. What do you think?
Yeah but you told me to give you my info and you would post it up...But then I got told to get lost.....I'm sure If I can trust you anymore........LOL

chad393na
11-26-2008, 08:19 PM
93 coupe big turbo low 8
jim svt 8 something

Chad393na puts an auto back in it (eventually), sprays the balls off it, goes 9.??, then drives it 50 miles home on the slicks he drove to the track on:lol:

JASON408
11-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Chad393na puts an auto back in it (eventually), sprays the balls off it, goes 9.??, then drives it 50 miles home on the slicks he drove to the track on:lol:
HELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MFIELD
11-26-2008, 09:22 PM

Rick all I can say to that is when mine let go this year there was absolutely no warning at all. No noise, no detination, nothing. And it was going to be the best pass of the year based on the et and mph when it crossed the finish line.

I like the rules the way they are, the only thing I dont like is someone running there car all year and having a catostophic failure near the end of the year and not having time or money left to fix it. I of course am a little biased as this happened to me. If I would have just let my car sit the whole rest of the year I would be 9th on the list now. Lets please keep this simple and fun.

Rob
11-26-2008, 09:24 PM
[LIST=1]
93 coupe big turbo low 8
jim svt 8 something
PICK YOUR BROTHER UP DONT PUSH HIM DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm dont forget, Rob@RRC new motor W/ big turbo low 8's ;)

1992MustangDW
11-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Umm dont forget, Rob@RRC new motor W/ big turbo low 8's ;)

lol didnt you say small turbo

Rob
11-26-2008, 10:40 PM
lol didnt you say small turbo

:cool1:

bbfstanger
11-26-2008, 11:36 PM
forgot the other bbf 545 with a stage or two! 8's or bust!

chad393na
11-26-2008, 11:38 PM

If your shit is fast you need to work on it . I change plugs every 2 passes . This is the dozen not true street . True street is a race and the dozen is all year . I guess you cant change the oil all year or its broke or put air in your tires or its broke . The rules are fine the way they are just try to get everyone to more shootouts . If its not broke dont fix it . No matter what rules you come up with fast guys will still be fast !!!! you can add all kind of rules trying to get slower guys on the list but all that does is muddy it up With all the drama it aready starting not to be worth it .[/QUOTE]

Exactly:yup:

IWRBB
11-27-2008, 11:23 AM
If your shit is fast you need to work on it . I change plugs every 2 passes . This is the dozen not true street . True street is a race and the dozen is all year . I guess you cant change the oil all year or its broke or put air in your tires or its broke . The rules are fine the way they are just try to get everyone to more shootouts . If its not broke dont fix it . No matter what rules you come up with fast guys will still be fast !!!! you can add all kind of rules trying to get slower guys on the list but all that does is muddy it up With all the drama it aready starting not to be worth it .

I see your point, but I have what I consider to be a fast street car and I run the same plugs I put in 3 years ago. I've done nothing to the car but feed it gas, tires and oil.

I consider my car a fast street car, not a streetable drag car. It's reliable and doesn't break. I drive it to the track on the tires I run on, I also drive it on the street on the same tires. It runs on pump gas. I can run the same time from a stoplight as I can at the track. No need to switch wheels and tires, open/heat a bottle, or add race fuel to the tank. Nothing on the street yet has shown me it's taillights.

To me, that's what Vinny was looking for in a DD car. Not a car that rides around in a trailer, needs race gas, and runs the 1/4 on wheels/tires that'd fail on the street.

My .02. Not that my car will ever be fast enough to be on the list anyways. You will see it on the street though- if so, bring it. :)

JASON408
11-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Having a fast everyday driver is bad ass !!!!!!!!!! Everyone builds there cars the way they like some want air condtion and some dont care as long as its fast .nothing wrong with eithier the faster you go the more race car parts you need . I change my plugs every 2 passes for tunning resons ( need a clean plug to make a change ) Now i ran the same set half a year last year just was not playing with the tune . and when on the street it loads up so i change them often .And i run the same tires on the street as i do at the track and my car hooks on the street when i need it to :D Its all about the fun and hanging out with friend . thats what vinny wanted dont lose sight of that !! ps NUMBER 3 FOUR YEARS IN A ROW . WOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man i am relly going to have to spray it next year to keep my number 3 spot

ibstrokin
11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
I see your point, but I have what I consider to be a fast street car and I run the same plugs I put in 3 years ago. I've done nothing to the car but feed it gas, tires and oil.

I consider my car a fast street car, not a streetable drag car. It's reliable and doesn't break. I drive it to the track on the tires I run on, I also drive it on the street on the same tires. It runs on pump gas. I can run the same time from a stoplight as I can at the track. No need to switch wheels and tires, open/heat a bottle, or add race fuel to the tank. Nothing on the street yet has shown me it's taillights.

To me, that's what Vinny was looking for in a DD car. Not a car that rides around in a trailer, needs race gas, and runs the 1/4 on wheels/tires that'd fail on the street.

My .02. Not that my car will ever be fast enough to be on the list anyways. You will see it on the street though- if so, bring it. :)

Congrats, sounds like you have a fun car, but not everyone shares your philosophy. I like cars that are barely streetable, Big hulking,nasty ass, knuckle dragging,street cars. Many people like to say"that's not a street car", what they mean is, "That's not MY idea of a street car". If you can drive it on the street, it's a street car.

As far as your opinion of what Vinny wanted, look at what he built, Much more of a knuckle dragger than grocery getter.

k062693w
11-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Congrats, sounds like you have a fun car, but not everyone shares your philosophy. I like cars that are barely streetable, Big hulking,nasty ass, knuckle dragging,street cars. Many people like to say"that's not a street car", what they mean is, "That's not MY idea of a street car". If you can drive it on the street, it's a street car.

As far as your opinion of what Vinny wanted, look at what he built, Much more of a knuckle dragger than grocery getter.

:lol: Good One Brian !!! :lol:

JASON408
11-27-2008, 12:19 PM
[, Big hulking,nasty ass, knuckle dragging,street cars.

Man i want one of those !!!!!!!!!!!:bigthumb AND THEN I WANT TO PUT ANOTHER KIT ON IT :lol:

k062693w
11-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Is ths what your talking about Brian ?? LMAO

http://www.hutchtrans.com/millanridealong.wmv

IWRBB
11-27-2008, 12:43 PM
You guys know what I'm getting at though. *Some* of the faster cars are friggin trailer queens.

That's my point, *some* of the cars aren't taken to the store, or anywhere else besides TS or EW in a trailer.

Some cars can run the same tires, wheels, fuel, etc outside the track, and to me that is bad ass.

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 01:34 PM
first is this for street cars. if it is a street car thing i need the defintion of a street car. do 5 gallon fuel cells no legal tags no insurance and trailer queens mean its a street car. my thought was a street car got drove on the street.

Maximus
11-27-2008, 01:56 PM
You guys know what I'm getting at though. *Some* of the faster cars are friggin trailer queens.

I have seen 10 of the 12 driving down the street and highway. So that rules out trailer queens. Now on T&T nights, I have seen them on trailers. Hell I trailer mine when going to the track. I HATE waiting on a tow truck or someone to bring me a trailer when I break something.:(

first is this for street cars. if it is a street car thing i need the defintion of a street car. do 5 gallon fuel cells no legal tags no insurance and trailer queens mean its a street car. my thought was a street car got drove on the street.

Hey another first time poster. NO those ideas are not a street car.

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 02:10 PM
craig dont kid yourshelf you & me both no what a real street car is not a race that can be driven on the street that they have to change tires , mufflers ,plugs , jets, or in this case lap top settings you can,heck some dont have both sets in the front. you can not win this argument because i have been in this game way to long.i just need to no if this is for race cars or street cars or is for your guys rules for street cars because everyone on here knows what a real street car is they ust dont want to admit it

mcat
11-27-2008, 02:11 PM
I have seen 10 of the 12 driving down the street and highway. So that rules out trailer queens.

not this year you have'nt.. face it the "rules" have really been laxed this year.
i would also be willing to bet most of the top 6 are not even nhra/ihra legal. i know thats not a requirement, but if the track says you cant make another pass is that the same as being broke?
i would love to see some comp licenses!

Maximus
11-27-2008, 02:30 PM
craig dont kid yourshelf you & me both no what a real street car is not a race that can be driven on the street that they have to change tires , mufflers ,plugs , jets, or in this case lap top settings you can,heck some dont have both sets in the front. you can not win this argument because i have been in this game way to long.i just need to no if this is for race cars or street cars or is for your guys rules for street cars because everyone on here knows what a real street car is they ust dont want to admit it

So changing tires at the track defines a race car?? Dont think so. Maggie Palmers Stang runs 13's on Futura radials, on slicks she runs bottom 12's. She drives (<~~Key word there) her Stang back and forth to work. Oh yeah, she drives it to the track and switches tires there. So hows that a Race car?? Pssst, it has ICE COLD AC also.:) Hell, look at Shannons Stang, his wife drives it to work also! Those are definately "street" cars.
Please fill me in on who you are, since you know who I am, it would be a courtesy to know who you are. If you would like to remain anonymous to the board, PM me.

not this year you have'nt.. face it the "rules" have really been laxed this year.
i would also be willing to bet most of the top 6 are not even nhra/ihra legal. i know thats not a requirement, but if the track says you cant make another pass is that the same as being broke?
i would love to see some comp licenses!

At some tracks they are lax on their liscense requirments. Hell, if TT (Twisted Twins) suspension was right, it would be easily in the 9s. My NHRA liscense is expired. I even told dude that, but the track let me run anyway. So whats your point?
Everyone copmpeting in the Dozen has to have another rule now?? Its not our responsibilty to check for liscenes.
Again, Please fill me in on who you are, since you know who I am, it would be a courtesy to know who you are. If you would like to remain anonymous to the board, PM me.

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 02:53 PM
good for them that they drive them that is a street car . but they are not a part of the dd. like i asked is that for street cars or race cars that can be driven on the street if they had to.i no there are guys from all over area ibeen going to middletown since they used to street race in front hills but i have never seen them leave middletown with there cars.no i am not calling out any group of cars just a example.

Maximus
11-27-2008, 02:57 PM
This is for Street cars.
Shannon is on the list, Kennebellcobra
ONCE again....Who are you?

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 03:01 PM
you still have not answer my ?, is this for street cars or race cars. ihave asked this ? for a number of years.

Read above in my last post. Now who are you?<~~Craig

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 03:13 PM
off to thanksgiving dinner now. hope everyone has a happy & safe thanksgiving.

k062693w
11-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Do you by chance have a black GNX with a small block ???

bbfstanger
11-27-2008, 03:29 PM
man some of these rules are soundin crazy,
no poppin the hood
no ckin the plugs
no changin tires
hot lappin
cant trailer it
crazy crazy
nhra cert.
go run in the nmra they thrive on limits and restrictions or anyother sanctioning body ,this is SBZ!!!
the rules vinny stated should be kept in place.period.
breakage should be defined by a group of guys,so no one person is looked upon as the bad guy.
for example
if you break your trans repair it,still on,change to a glide -stick-c4 off.
break an axle or rearend just repair it ,still on.
blow a head gasket,repair it still on , burned the head, you broke it, off.
burnt a plug and your back in business,still on.
changing jets or get it retuned still on.
changing tires for any reason still on.
fuel pump went out fix it still on.
things like headers-exhaust, t/body,fuel pump size,mass air meter etc. are not a big deal.
obviously you have a rod knockin your broke,changing cams or heads or intakes would be a combo change and your off till next time at the track.
repairs would have to be in a timely manner.
easy right?
plugs ,gaskets ,jetting/tuning are all part of going faster.
i drove my car on the streets a bunch even used the a/c and with the same slicks or streetslicks.
it should be as it has been since the beginning run whatcha brung

Maximus
11-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Im off to Thanksgiving Dinner as well. So if this thread gets out of hand, Ill deal with it when I get back.

If you are a Newbie, I ask that you tell the rest of SBZ who you are before you start posting suggestions. Its a jesture of good intentions and respectful to the long time members here. If you dont like that idea, I ask that you hit delete and move on.

Thanks,
Craig

Maximus
11-27-2008, 03:32 PM
no poppin the hood
no ckin the plugs
no changin tires
hot lappin
cant trailer it
crazy crazy
nhra cert.
go run in the nmra they thrive on limits and restrictions or anyother sanctioning body ,this is SBZ!!!
breakage should be defined by a group of guys,so no one person is looked upon as the bad guy.
for example
break an axle or rearend just repair it ,still on, change gear off .
things like headers-exhaust, t/body,fuel pump size,mass air meter etc. are not a big deal.
obviously you have a rod knockin your broke,changing cams or heads or intakes would be a combo change and your off till next time at the track.
easy right?
i drove my car on the streets a bunch even used the a/c and with the same slicks or streetslicks.

THANK YOU!! THIS is what Im looking for!!!:bigthumb

95turbocharged
11-27-2008, 03:37 PM
hell, my best pass this year was driving it to the track letting air out of the tires running it then driving it home !!! but it has a cage does that make it a race car, it also has harnesses in it, does that make it a race car? or does the fact that I drive it on the street make it a street car? or does it mean I have a fast street car that is safe on the street or at the track but is capable of race car numbers? there is two much stuff being said in this suggestion thread that is not suggestion but comments or what seams to be attacks on the DD list, and what should or should not be a street car!!!!!! this whole thread was to give suggestions not to give your opinion on this past years DD list!!! So how about we get back to suggestions and keep the belley acking till the end of next yeras list lol!!!!

95turbocharged
11-27-2008, 03:47 PM
no poppin the hood
no ckin the plugs
no changin tires
hot lappin
cant trailer it
crazy crazy
nhra cert.
for example
break an axle or rearend just repair it ,still on.
easy right?

best yet!!!!! leave the rules alone if vinny wanted more rules or different one he would have done it!!!!!!!!! if you dont understand the rule or like them dont try to be on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metcalf Racing
11-27-2008, 07:40 PM
To me a street car is something you will get in and drive around weather it is street legal or not.Most of our cars are uncapped on slicks but thats how we drive them around.

mcat
11-27-2008, 08:32 PM
At some tracks they are lax on their liscense requirments. Hell, if TT (Twisted Twins) suspension was right, it would be easily in the 9s. My NHRA liscense is expired. I even told dude that, but the track let me run anyway. So whats your point?
Everyone copmpeting in the Dozen has to have another rule now?? Its not our responsibilty to check for liscenes.

actually craig your arrguments are actually helping mine and fasthawks points..if this is for street cars like the examples you have given. then ALL the cars on the list should be street cars. and what about my point of nhra/ihra legal ? if a track wont let a guy run anymore ,is this concidered broke?
i.e. you cant run again unless you change something...
if you cant run due to license issue , is this concidered broke?
i.e. if a "one hit wonder" meets ALL criteria for the list ,but on his only pass he goes 9.00 w/out a license and is told he cant run again. does it count?
i would really like to know..
we cant put up ligitemate suggestions for next year if we dont have ALL the answers
D

Metcalf Racing
11-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Thats not true. you can show up and tell them you don't know what your car will run and at least make one pass

mcat
11-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Thats not true. you can show up and tell them you don't know what your car will run and at least make one pass
i bow to your mastery of non-sequitur arguement!

mustang8998
11-27-2008, 09:40 PM
mcat, I have a question for you. Do you and fasthawk own, or race Mustangs?

If no, then "see ya"!

If yes, then lets see what you bring to the table.

Craig has asked, "who are you"? If you don't want to say it on the board, he said you could PM him.

If spelling and grammar were criteria, for the dozen, YOU sir, wouldn't stand a chance!

Rick93coupe
11-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Rick all I can say to that is when mine let go this year there was absolutely no warning at all. No noise, no detination, nothing. And it was going to be the best pass of the year based on the et and mph when it crossed the finish line.

I like the rules the way they are, the only thing I dont like is someone running there car all year and having a catostophic failure near the end of the year and not having time or money left to fix it. I of course am a little biased as this happened to me. If I would have just let my car sit the whole rest of the year I would be 9th on the list now. Lets please keep this simple and fun.

I hear ya Mike. Do you think it was the plugs that caused all that carnage? You were pushing a stock block pretty far.

Honestly I don't even know why this thread exists. Looks to me that anyone who has an opinion gets flamed for voicing it.

mcat
11-27-2008, 09:56 PM
If spelling and grammar were criteria, for the dozen, YOU sir, wouldn't stand a chance! wow, that sounds to me like a personal attack. are we at the point of personal attacks?
have we lowered ourselves to personal attacks?
at no time in this thread have i attacked anyone!
i have not once made fun of your cookie cutter slow ass car! i dont even think i refurred to you at all... but you come at me with the grammer spelling crap!
its a shame ! a damn shame

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 10:05 PM
i am not trying to start a argument , all i intended to do was ask a ?. seems to me some are getting mad & that pretty much answers my ?. i do not have a mostang and yes one of the the 2 cars is fast enough to make the list the other is not due to it is a na car that does get drove a lot . the story about driving with slicks & open headers i have not seen out on the street or events i have been to besides at tristate in the pits.i have debated this for a long time with people. every has their on deff of a street car / race car that can be driven on the street just asked which one the dd is.yes turbos have made it easy to be fast and driveable.just wonder what the real rules are because some people do not have the buget to build a race car or would rather drive them thats why there needs to be more than one class real street cars & so called street cars most people no the difference they just wont admit to it.

Maximus
11-27-2008, 10:07 PM
So a Mustang that has a valid tag, is insured, drives to cruise ins, work, on the street, etc etc, BUT cant race on a certain track because its too fast..that shouldnt be on the DD list? THATS FUNNY!!:lol:

mcat
11-27-2008, 10:15 PM
So a Mustang that has a valid tag, is insured, drives to cruise ins, work, on the street, etc etc, BUT cant race on a certain track because its too fast..that shouldnt be on the DD list? THATS FUNNY!!:lol:
i think i lost you Craig im saying it does belong on the list. im saying if it put up the number anytime between the open and closed date of the DD it should be on the list no matter how many times it does it. i was just throwing up cenerio's of why numerous hit may not be made... and im sorry for the mis-spelling and shotty grammer!
but at least my car is fast!!1

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 10:17 PM
that sounds like a street car to me but i doubt that car makes the list but it is possible. the rules what you let in or out is up to you that is what we are trying to figure out, like i said turbos make it easier to do but not every one has the $$$$$$$ to do power adders. thats why i said there sould be to classes.

mfoss
11-27-2008, 10:20 PM
i think i lost you Craig im saying it does belong on the list. im saying if it put up the number anytime between the open and closed date of the DD it should be on the list no matter how many times it does it. i was just throwing up cenerio's of why numerous hit may not be made... and im sorry for the mis-spelling and shotty grammer!
but at least my car is fast!!1
The last statement was funny. ( but at least my car is fast!!1)

mfoss
11-27-2008, 10:27 PM
that sounds like a street car to me but i doubt that car makes the list but it is possible. the rules what you let in or out is up to you that is what we are trying to figure out, like i said turbos make it easier to do but not every one has the $$$$$$$ to do power adders. thats why i said there sould be to classes.
Not everyone has the money, but you do. So come off some of it. I still have a little n2o kit for ya. Come get it.

ibstrokin
11-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Not everyone has the money for a car, should we start a public transportation class. Or we could start a self powered class, but then we would have to divide it into categories: bicycle, skateboard, rollerblade, kick'n go, pogo stick, unicycle, green machine. Even then, the one legged guys would claim they were at a disadvantage and would want subcategories.

mustang8998
11-27-2008, 10:43 PM
wow, that sounds to me like a personal attack. are we at the point of personal attacks?
have we lowered ourselves to personal attacks?
at no time in this thread have i attacked anyone!
i have not once made fun of your cookie cutter slow ass car! i dont even think i refurred to you at all... but you come at me with the grammer spelling crap!
its a shame ! a damn shame

Ahh, did I hurt your feelings Bunky?

Where was there a personal attack? Did I call you a name? Come on, cheer up man, your a big boy, aren't you?

I'm just wondering where you are coming from. You seem to want some input here, but you don't have a dog in the fight either!

And you don't have a clue, as to what I have now. :cool1:

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 10:43 PM
you are right i do just not intrested i would rather drive mine . i will still say there needs to be 2 classes a legit street car class & the so called street car class :popcorn:

mfoss
11-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Not everyone has the money for a car, should we start a public transportation class. Or we could start a self powered class, but then we would have to divide it into categories: bicycle, skateboard, rollerblade, kick'n go, pogo stick, unicycle, green machine. Even then, the one legged guys would claim they were at a disadvantage and would want subcategories.I was bad ass on my green machine, back in the day. Could of went pro, so nobody wants none of that action. But good point,if you wanna go fast you gotta spend the money.

Maximus
11-27-2008, 10:45 PM
you are right i do just not intrested i would rather drive mine . i will still say there needs to be 2 classes a legit street car class & the so called street car class :popcorn:

Thank you, your suggestion is noted.:bigthumb

ibstrokin
11-27-2008, 10:46 PM

Dude, help us out, throw a few comma's in there from time to time.

Maximus
11-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Not everyone has the money for a car, should we start a public transportation class. Or we could start a self powered class, but then we would have to divide it into categories: bicycle, skateboard, rollerblade, kick'n go, pogo stick, unicycle, green machine. Even then, the one legged guys would claim they were at a disadvantage and would want subcategories.

A Kick'n go?? Holy Shit! I had one of those.:lol: I was too poor to have a green machine, just a good ole Big Wheel.:)

mustang8998
11-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Dude, help us out, throw a few comma's in there from time to time.

Careful with personal attacks, Brian. He and his buddy mcat are sensitive! :lol:

ibstrokin
11-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Look, now they have pogo sticks with power adders, that's a whole new category.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7fFOCf2yBY

ibstrokin
11-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Careful with personal attacks, Brian. He and his buddy mcat are sensitive! :lol:

10-4 there good "bunky", :lol:

ibstrokin
11-27-2008, 10:56 PM
This would be a pro stock pogo stick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgcO_WMHJYs&feature=related

mcat
11-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Ahh, did I hurt your feelings Bunky?

Where was there a personal attack? Did I call you a name? Come on, cheer up man, your a big boy, aren't you?

I'm just wondering where you are coming from. You seem to want some input here, but you don't have a dog in the fight either!

And you don't have a clue, as to what I have now. :cool1:since the thread is called----------- 2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS!
and not--------------- only if you drive a mustang reply
i figured it was open to the whole board.. i guess im to stupid to know..
and this is an official call out...seeing as you have insulted me and called me bunky.. bring your junk, i will bust its ass!!!
how sensitive was that!

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 10:58 PM
i could careless about personal attacks i got thick skin.if the only thing you can come back with is about grammer then i think you no i am right & i got my point acrossed.yes speed is about $$$$$$$$ some are willing some are not so neither group should suffer.

bbfstanger
11-27-2008, 11:02 PM
since the thread is called----------- 2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS!
and not--------------- only if you drive a mustang reply
i figured it was open to the whole board.. i guess im to stupid to know..
and this is an official call out...seeing as you have insulted me and called me bunky.. bring your junk, i will bust its ass!!!
how sensitive was that!

wow less than 10 posts and callin someone out lol! thats just stupid funny!

ibstrokin
11-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Dude, first, everyone "reads" the internet, so punctuation is important, more so than grammar. I'm not trying to jack with you about it, but it helps us from reading your post 5 times to figure out what your trying to say.

Second, you are basically saying you want to compete on a noncompetitive list. If you don't want to suffer, don't compete. This is all voluntary. It may be better for you to sell your mustang and buy nearly anything else, that way you would be eligible for the "Other Dozen". You only needed a 17.40 or better to be on that list. Or you could have a sex change and compete in "Wicked Womens", but that would be too messy.

Seriously, I'm joking around, but guys are just competitive, at any level.

mcat
11-27-2008, 11:13 PM
wow less than 10 posts and callin someone out lol! thats just stupid funny!
so whats this.. jump on the new guy. i cant have an oppinion?
and why do you care what i do?
and how many post i have ?
does the number of post a guy has effect their ability to beat someones car?
to be honest here this is a discussion about fast cars and how to govern them, not how many post a guy has.. so maybee you will want to sit back and let us fast guy's post!

Maximus
11-27-2008, 11:18 PM
to be honest here this is a discussion about fast cars and how to govern them, not how many post a guy has.. so maybee you will want to sit back and let us fast guy's post!

So what Fast car do you have?

mcat
11-27-2008, 11:19 PM
So what Fast car do you have?
the ugly one

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 11:24 PM
all i am saying is,a real street car list.there is no limit on speed but a real street car full int,tags,insured,and drives his or her cars on the street.they do not trailor to nearest lot then drive them in to the hooters and say they have a street car for example. every one on here knows what i am saying they just wont admit to it.

Timido
11-27-2008, 11:25 PM
So who are you guys anyway? You both joined a year ago and then only post in the 2009 sugestions?

k062693w
11-27-2008, 11:26 PM
I'll bet $100 they are both Metcalf's cronies... Notice how they immediately began posting about the DD ? And right after Metcalf and yougotjunk got this whole discussion started...
Just ignore them and they will go away!!!!!

mcat
11-27-2008, 11:27 PM
So who are you guys anyway? You both joined a year ago and then only post in the 2009 sugestions?
im you friendly neiborhood aluminum bender..that matches:eek:but cant spell

JASON408
11-27-2008, 11:27 PM
As itroken just said you guys can be on the other dozen list . You would be number 1 (by 2 seconds over the number 1 now ) and number 2 . Not bad for heavy ass street cars.Or you can pull that motor out of that 3800 pound beast and drop it in a mustang and go for number one on the dirty dozen .MAN THIS FEELS LIKE THE OLD CINCY SPEED BOARD ahhhhhhhhh the memorys :coo1:

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 11:31 PM
its about time you showed up

Timido
11-27-2008, 11:33 PM
You are killing me! That cars not ugly. That patina stuff is in style now. That thing gotta Hemi in it>?

JASON408
11-27-2008, 11:33 PM
with 2 kits !!!!!!!!!!

mustang8998
11-27-2008, 11:34 PM
all i am saying is,a real street car list.there is no limit on speed but a real street car full int,tags,insured,and drives his or her cars on the street.they do not trailor to nearest lot then drive them in to the hooters and say they have a street car for example. every one on here knows what i am saying they just wont admit to it.

So what do you guys know, about who has a "street car". I and many others, have seen most of these cars driven on the street. Hell, Jim would probably drive to your house, if you told him where you live.

I know Shannon drives (as well as his wife), his car regularly. Terry's car has been seen out many times. So what is your point?????

Some choose to trailer (to the track), for insurance. If they do break, they have a guaranteed ride home.

Is this all too hard to understand?

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 11:36 PM
by the way that guy lost his $100 because i have no clue who he is talking about.

Maximus
11-27-2008, 11:44 PM
MAN THIS FEELS LIKE THE OLD CINCY SPEED BOARD ahhhhhhhhh the memorys :coo1:

I forgot alot of stuff that was on that board.:lol:

JASON408
11-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Some guys race there cars on drag week for a few years and prove they have a fast street car and the rest of us just come up short !!!!:lol::lol: i heard a saying once " i take my trailered race car and unload it on the street . therfore i have a street car thats going to bust your ass :bigthumb" okay off topic I ATE WAY TO MUCH TURKEY okay back on topic :D

JASON408
11-27-2008, 11:46 PM
I forgot alot of stuff that was on that board.:lol:

Thats becuase you use to drink to much !!!!!!!! wait did i say use to J/K

fasthawk
11-27-2008, 11:48 PM
well if that is the case lets load that thing on the trailor head to detroit with some money in hand and see how we do.

Maximus
11-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Thats becuase you use to drink to much !!!!!!!! wait did i say use to J/K

:flipoff::lol:

mcat
11-27-2008, 11:50 PM
my car is licensed insured and by the law street legal.. its faster than most the DD list
i have my needed nhra comp lic. my car is certified.. and mostly NHRA legal i drive it out and around all the time.on 94 octain, and it does okay. i took a long cruise to tristate and home a few weeks back.. and man it wasn't happy at all. but it made it. i dont concider it a street car. its a road worthy race car. could my wife to it to work in a pinch NO would it make it to indy and back maybee. the guys on the dd list know what im talking about, and most on here do to.. but are to hard headed to admit it!
and i aint forgot about you mustang8998

JASON408
11-27-2008, 11:54 PM
well if that is the case lets load that thing on the trailor head to detroit with some money in hand and see how we do.
i got a car not a snowmoible . its cold up there tonight

93 coupe
11-28-2008, 01:14 AM
Can't you 2 clowns go cause trouble on one of those gay Mopar sites? :D

93 coupe
11-28-2008, 01:18 AM
Fasthawk??? Come on.... I would have believed FastDart but not the Hawk! :D

These 2 guys have nothing to do with Metcalf or any of his "Cronies".

mfoss
11-28-2008, 01:23 AM

In a couple of months i will be up for that. What are you doing up so late?

93 coupe
11-28-2008, 01:25 AM
In a couple of months i will be up for that. What are you doing up so late?

Yea really he must not have to work tomorrow. Usually he would have been sleeping hours ago. :lol:

Kwik92GT
11-28-2008, 01:27 AM
If some LR throws a SHIT load of Boost or NOS at a Stock motor and runs just ONE TIME and their ET gets them on the list...THATS OK with you? How is that justified to all the other Dozen members?

Sorry guy, I will fight to keep one hit wonders off the list.

As long as the LR in question is a fine upstanding "participating" member of this site, then YES, it's OK with me. ;)

I feel what you are saying Craig. I just really don't believe it would ever happen, not saying it couldn't, but I really doubt that scenario would ever play out. I still think you'll continue having problems with the DD as long as so many things are so subjective. Good luck on getting this all sorted out, whatever you guys decide I think the DD will be off the chain next year. Hopefully with a lot less "issues" too. Wouldn't surprise me to see 4-5 cars in the 8 sec zone.

93 coupe
11-28-2008, 01:34 AM
So should someone have to back up there number say within a certain percent to make it valid?

Example: Someone goes out and smacks of a high 8 but from then on out he can only mustard up a mid to high nine. Is this okay?

bbfstanger
11-28-2008, 08:58 AM

i dont care what you do,but so little time spent on the board and to call someone out just seems stupid/childish, no offense but come on really!
do you even own a stang or capri cause theat what this discussion is about,the DD.

bkstang95
11-28-2008, 11:53 AM

That's the dumbest thing i have read in here! hahaha would you like us to also start up a government funded race series, so you can play too?! We aren't bracket racing here, we're seeing who can go the fastest!

Silver Bullet
11-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Lets not go back in time and debate what a street car is .... this is not the point of this thread. I load my gear up in the car.... and go to work with it. My wife and I cruise over to a friends house, hang for a bit, go home. Shoot after it was done at Rigid, my daughter, who is 9 btw, hoped in the car, and I drove it to the BMV, had it inspected and licensed, and drove it home. I asked her on the way if this was cool, she replied without missing a beat, "Dad, this isn't cool, this is AWESOME!". Now don't tell me that isn't a street car.

Next year is going to be off the wall crazy. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see the first 7 second pass on the dozen.;) So watch out,it is going to be crazy.

My suggestion, Just explore the "Broke" rule a little more in depth, and role with the rules we have. Lets have a good time. That is what this is about.:D

KenB
11-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Lets not go back in time and debate what a street car is .... this is not the point of this thread. I load my gear up in the car.... and go to work with it. My wife and I cruise over to a friends house, hang for a bit, go home. Shoot after it was done at Rigid, my daughter, who is 9 btw, hoped in the car, and I drove it to the BMV, had it inspected and licensed, and drove it home. I asked her on the way if this was cool, she replied without missing a beat, "Dad, this isn't cool, this is AWESOME!". Now don't tell me that isn't a street car.

Next year is going to be off the wall crazy. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see the first 7 second pass on the dozen.;) So watch out,it is going to be crazy.

My suggestion, Just explore the "Broke" rule a little more in depth, and role with the rules we have. Lets have a good time. That is what this is about.:D

:popcorn:

Silver Bullet
11-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Corrected it for ya Ken... of course I was the one driving....;)

93 coupe
11-28-2008, 03:13 PM

Metcalf Racing
11-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Street Car= a car that is raced on the street..
You guys want Race Cars that are street legal..
So all in all the DD should say "The Sites Fastest "Street Legal"Race cars".

The Street car record has to be won on the street........

Metcalf Racing
11-28-2008, 04:05 PM

Metcalf Racing
11-28-2008, 04:48 PM
LOL.......at least you edited it because of Terry's post..LOL

fasthawk
11-28-2008, 05:04 PM
That's the dumbest thing i have read in here! hahaha would you like us to also start up a government funded race series, so you can play too?! We aren't bracket racing here, we're seeing who can go the fastest!

if you are trying to say i don not have the buget to compete and that is why iam doing this you are crazy. i think i saw that there is 4000 plus members on here and only have a hand full that respond to this section. there are enough cars on here for at least 2 classes. not every one whats to drive around in a rattle trap with 2 seats &no carpet with no sound deading . i added more sound deading material to so i can drive it.( i still have not got a answer to my originaly ? )

Metcalf Racing
11-28-2008, 07:36 PM
There is no need for two classes. The DD is the 12 fastest street cars on the site period. Hence the name Dirty "Dozen" My problem was I have a qualifying car and just simply got jacked

Maximus
11-28-2008, 09:24 PM
if you are trying to say i don not have the buget to compete and that is why iam doing this you are crazy. i think i saw that there is 4000 plus members on here and only have a hand full that respond to this section. there are enough cars on here for at least 2 classes. not every one whats to drive around in a rattle trap with 2 seats &no carpet with no sound deading . i added more sound deading material to so i can drive it.( i still have not got a answer to my originaly ? )

2 classes, got it. Thank you for your suggestion.:bigthumb

Maximus
11-28-2008, 09:26 PM
There is no need for two classes. The DD is the 12 fastest street cars on the site period. Hence the name Dirty "Dozen" My problem was I have a qualifying car and just simply got jacked

Its a conspiracy!!!:lol:
Besides, Rob owned the car (I heard he still does) when you ran that 9. So if you truly do own the Stang, we will see you on the DD in 09.:bigthumb

mustangjon
11-28-2008, 10:14 PM
ok

I dont even have a chance in hell at getting on the dozen... my car meets the other requirement and i only got one nights worth of passes this year to boot. My 71 will never be destroyed and made a race car, so as it stands i wont honestly be on the "True" dozen next year. But all this bitching and moaning of what is and isnt a street car, or race car ect.

Well lets see, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19w-iZuPcEE
There is a 4 digit hp car cruising down the street.... stupid nonetheless but anything is doable.

Why dont we leave the basic rules alone and just make the clarification of broke a little clearer. Better yet, have a thread for next year, that you report what you broke/changed had to do, and let EVERYONE decide if its broke or not broke. Majority rules, done once weekly or something to that nature

Ok i'll now get off my soapbox i apparently dont belong on since im not on the "true" dozen.

Silver Bullet
11-28-2008, 10:25 PM
ok

and moaning of what is and isnt a street car, or race car ect.

Well lets see, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19w-iZuPcEE
There is a 4 digit hp car cruising down the street.... stupid nonetheless but anything is doable.

Why dont we leave the basic rules alone and just make the clarification of broke a little clearer. Better yet, have a thread for next year, that you report what you broke/changed had to do, and let EVERYONE decide if its broke or not broke. Majority rules, done once weekly or something to that nature

That video is awesome!

Metcalf Racing
11-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Its a conspiracy!!!:lol:
Besides, Rob owned the car (I heard he still does) when you ran that 9. So if you truly do own the Stang, we will see you on the DD in 09.:bigthumbI own the car I made the passes.. If I still have it come spring you guys will still find a way to keep it off the list

Metcalf Racing
11-29-2008, 08:47 AM
I have the title and insurance and possession of the vehicle. I told black horse
It was Robs car when I went 9's but It's my pass and my car..It fits the rules I got screwed

Black Horse
11-29-2008, 10:22 AM
I have the title and insurance and possession of the vehicle. I told black horse
It was Robs car when I went 9's but It's my pass and my car..It fits the rules I got screwed

Wrongo there Bucko.....you have to be the owner when you made the run. And why is Rob trying to sell parts off of YOUR car? If you think you have been slighted, then send me proof (a copy of the title/registration or some other document) and you'll be added. Right now everything is hearsay until you come up with hard evidence.

Maximus
11-29-2008, 10:56 AM
The list is already Final. So as long as Craig owns the Stang next year, there will be no problem with him being on the list....Until he splits that Stock Block!!:eek:

YouGotJunk
11-29-2008, 11:10 AM
And why is Rob trying to sell parts off of YOUR car?

Maybe you should have read the entire thread. It doesn't really matter now though. No matter what kind of proof we show you, it's not going to change anything. You'll still find something that doesn't suit you and it's just a never ending thing. Notice I haven't even been argueing in here, it's pointless. Year after year it's always something different. Whether it's new rules that have to be made mid year to keep us off or it be something else, it'll never change.

Black Horse
11-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Maybe you should have read the entire thread. It doesn't really matter now though. No matter what kind of proof we show you, it's not going to change anything. You'll still find something that doesn't suit you and it's just a never ending thing. Notice I haven't even been argueing in here, it's pointless. Year after year it's always something different. Whether it's new rules that have to be made mid year to keep us off or it be something else, it'll never change.

I think it is preposterous to think a select few would be kept off the list for any reason. Since you seem to want to make this personal, let me respond directly to you in this public forum. I have absolutely NO issue with either you or Craig. You guys build some fast cars and like to drive them.

I have been given information by MANY different people that the car was not owned by Craig at the time of the noted 9 sec. run. This fact has been upheld by both you and Craig in various statements you have made on these forums. Unless proof of the ownership can be made directly to one of the moderators on this board in the next few days, the list will stand as is. If proof can be given I will be happy to update the list and include Craig.

I will not stand to have my credibility and honesty questioned. I enjoy the way you and Craig fool around on the boards to keep things lively and contribute to many discussions, bringing foresight in your own way. When the fooling becomes attacks on a personal level I have an issue. I hope you understand where I stand and will continue to stand.

Thanks for listening. Lets get back to the garage!

Metcalf Racing
11-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Tired of hearing the same song. We will see you in your Stang next year.

Silver Bullet
11-29-2008, 07:52 PM

fasthawk
11-29-2008, 08:44 PM

Silver Bullet
11-29-2008, 08:46 PM

fasthawk
11-29-2008, 08:50 PM

Silver Bullet
11-29-2008, 08:53 PM

1992MustangDW
11-29-2008, 09:46 PM
your guys sig's are killing me :lol: :eek:

Maximus
11-29-2008, 09:58 PM
You guys need to go start a new Thread and complain/point fingers/whine all you want there. Im trying to keep this for SUGGESTIONS only.

Thanks!:)

1992MustangDW
11-29-2008, 10:41 PM
I think all the rules are good.
Only one that needs work is broken.

my idea of broke !
split head...broke
Threw rod pistons ext out side..broke
blew intake apart from nitrous backfire...broke
rearend puked.. broke

I think that everyone involed in the dd should make the choice wether one is broke or not. ON A THREAD OR AT THE TRACK..ASAP not waiting till end..or your off list!

Some of these proposed rules are crazy! melted spark plug? that is going to happen with nitrous or 800 horses.. not allowed to check them? thats crazy to!

These cars on the list are street cars.. didnt see a law stating that they have to have two seats! The only thing I would like to see is drag radials enforced.

Would be nice to have full exhaust, but that is out of the qustion!
Keep it simple and have the dd list decide if broke or not, that is easiest and gives everyone a chance. O and we need the dirty 1,000 so I can make the list HAHAHA

Rick93coupe
11-29-2008, 11:29 PM
You don't have to melt plugs to make a nitrous car work.
I'd venture to say that if your burning plugs up on each pass, your probably doing it wrong. :lol:

Maybe this will help.

http://www.nitroussupply.com/tuning.php

Relax.... I'm joking...... well, sort of.

1992MustangDW
11-29-2008, 11:39 PM
lol im just trying to make a point. people melt plugs. and can replace them in minutes that shouldnt make them broke

Maximus
11-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Keep it simple and have the dd list decide if broke or not,

Thank you for the suggestion.:bigthumb

Metcalf Racing
11-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Tired of hearing the same song. We will see you in your Stang next year.Well it's nice to see where you stand since you got your powers back....:sukit:
I hope they make you feel all warm inside

Maximus
11-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Well it's nice to see where you stand since you got your powers back....:sukit:

Dont be so quick to judge there guy. Try doing things by the rules and less CRYING and who knows, you might be on the list next year.
Sucks about Rob having to sell his Stang to you just try and make a list. It wouldve been cool to see him actually make a pass down the 1/4 next year. It was cool that he went 10.8s in his OWN car, but then broke.:( I was looking forward to handing him his own DD sticker.
Oh well, maybe when he gets his LS1 he can be on some list somewhere where the F-body guys still exist...but it still wont be Vinnys DD.

ROB, dont sell your Stang or let someone else do the driving. Man up and run your own Stang. Its YOUR Sticker waiting to be taken and Ill be the first one to place it proudly on your Stang. But if you wanna be someones Bitch, thats your prerogative. I think better of you.

Suggestion accepted, Run your own Stang.
Thank you.
Craig

Metcalf Racing
11-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Like I keep saying.. It's my car and I did race it and it does fit in all the rules. Rob is just sick of you guys bitching about his every move so he's going to buy him an LS1 so he can do some street racing and screw your guy's bitching. But I'm not that easy.
I have the car the et and the seat time. Hell it's probably even seen the most track time not to mention street time. I can't help it that you baby asses are to stupid to add it to the list.

Maximus
11-30-2008, 01:55 AM
Blah Blah blah..sounds like Rob is being spoon fed some Bullshit so that YOU can take credit for HIS Stang. Go call him now so he can jump in here and defend his decision to give up a DD top 10.

YouGotJunk
11-30-2008, 02:28 AM
ROB, dont sell your Stang or let someone else do the driving. Man up and run your own Stang. Its YOUR Sticker waiting to be taken and Ill be the first one to place it proudly on your Stang. But if you wanna be someones Bitch, thats your prerogative. I think better of you.

Suggestion accepted, Run your own Stang.
Thank you.
Craig

Craig, I could careless about the list anymore. The minute I got taken off the list for some preventitive maint. on the car because I wanted it to be safe, is when I stopped caring. My car never broke. It was seeping a little water, which is pretty common on boosted cars, and I figured rather than to take a chance on blowing it out and dumping water underneath the car at 140mph that I would just change it. The list used to be fun and something I always tried to make, but after trying for 3yrs and no matter how hard I fight and how hard I try, it never worked out for me. I'm done with the car. I'm so burned out on mustangs that it makes me sick to even look at one. I want something I can cruise around in, yet be pretty competitive in the street racing around here. My car has gotten to the point of being almost to dangerous to streetrace. I've got my eye on another LS1 car right now, I'm just hoping it doesn't sell before I can make up my mind and get to it. Whatever happens with my old mustang now, I could really careless. It was fun while it lasted, but i'm pretty glad not to have the headaches anymore.

fasthawk
11-30-2008, 07:01 AM
hey you can join mcat & i on the other list, were ever it is posted for no mostangs, are times are fasted enough for 1,2 on that list

mcat
11-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Well it's nice to see where you stand since you got your powers back....:sukit:

i agree !!
and fasthawk there is no way i could be on any of these list ,i push my junk to hard , they couldnt keep up with the broke / fixed list .. hell my head gasket issue's alone would drive them nuts..
it seems the powers to be on this board get off more on telling people what they can/can't do than anything else here
my suggestion is dont let the moderaters act like they are 5 feet tall , and over moderate

Maximus
11-30-2008, 12:55 PM
i agree !!
it seems the powers to be on this board get off more on telling people what they can/can't do than anything else here
my suggestion is dont let the moderaters act like they are 5 feet tall , and over moderate

Im 6 feet tall.

Thanks for your suggestion.

mcat
11-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Im 6 feet tall.

Thanks for your suggestion.

MFIELD
11-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Craig and other mods why the hell are you putting up with this? close this thread and keep the rules the way they are. If I were a new member and read all this pissing and moaning I wouldnt be back.

kennebellcobra
11-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Craig and other mods why the hell are you putting up with this? close this thread and keep the rules the way they are. If I were a new member and read all this pissing and moaning I wouldnt be back.

I'm with Mike...keep the same rules...define broke and move on.

Maximus
11-30-2008, 02:07 PM

I'm with Mike...keep the same rules...define broke and move on.

I hear ya.:)
It seems like the only issue we have is the "Broke" rule so we will concentrate on that.

Mike & Shannon, as DD members, I would like see both of your definitions/opinon of Broke.:bigthumb

JASON408
11-30-2008, 03:48 PM
This only becomes a issue at the end of the year , plugs ,gas ,oil and gaskets for the most part are maitance as far as broke goes that get real tricky and the mods are going to have to judge that . I think if it needs to be replaced to race then its broke . And if you say i dont need to fix it to race than its not . Now you will always get some people that say i can race it like that .if they can so be it as long as they never take it off to fix it then it is not broke.threw the year this is not that big of a deal fix it and re run /

fasthawk
11-30-2008, 04:08 PM
i agree !!
and fasthawk there is no way i could be on any of these list ,i push my junk to hard , they couldnt keep up with the broke / fixed list .. hell my head gasket issue's alone would drive them nuts..

this is a family web site.broke means anything that has to be fixed or replaced.anything that is fast is going to break something.if a car can run the # and back it up with more than 1 pass # should be good. some one should not be penalized for racing and abuseing there car all summer.just 1 more thing then, since i did not get a answer to my orginal ? i assume that this is a run what brung & hope you brought enough class.

MFIELD
11-30-2008, 04:11 PM
My definition of broke is not being able to safely run the way it is. If you change things throughout the year to go faster than your times should come down and be updated. I was at E2O the day Silverbullet put his car on the bumper (twice) and also seen it run after that so I dont consider that broke. No he did not run as fast after that but that was because of traction not being broke, I also seen Jimsvt run that day and he also had a problem with a brake line I believe, that is not broke.

Broke is working on your car because you have to not because your checking things out to make sure everything is safe and ready to race. If a head gasget is blown and your dumping water into the cylinder your broke. If its seeping outside, sorry Rob, your broke. Changing a head gasget is very easy for about anyone here and if thats all the problem then it shouldnt be a problem to rerun your number. Safety should always be considered. How would anyboby feel if a guy was doing all this for a sticker and got hurt bad or worse. Just post it up and be honest. I think there will be alot less complaining if everyone doesnt think guys are keeping secrets to stay on the list.

MFIELD
11-30-2008, 04:15 PM
fasthawk, go to the original rules for the dozen and they are spelled out. The cars should fit into the rules and the members should participate at events. Simple, its all about getting guys together and having FUN.

Maximus
11-30-2008, 04:19 PM
as far as broke goes that get real tricky and the mods are going to have to judge that . /
I would rather leave it up to the DD current members to make the call. A self-policing if you will.

this is a family web site.broke means anything that has to be fixed or replaced.anything that is fast is going to break something.if a car can run the # and back it up with more than 1 pass # should be good. some one should not be penalized for racing and abuseing there car all summer.just 1 more thing then, since i did not get a answer to my orginal ? i assume that this is a run what brung & hope you brought enough class.

Run what ya brung.

fasthawk
11-30-2008, 04:25 PM
I would rather leave it up to the DD current members to make the call. A self-policing if you will.

Run what ya brung.

too:thanks::thanks::thanks::bigthumb:bigthumbk 3 days to get the answer but i finally got it

Maximus
11-30-2008, 04:35 PM
too:thanks::thanks::thanks::bigthumb:bigthumbk 3 days to get the answer but i finally got it

Pssst, The answer is, always has been, in the original rules on the first page of the Dirty Dozen.:)

fasthawk
11-30-2008, 04:45 PM
the first rule must not count because i can think of a few that do not fit that rule

Maximus
11-30-2008, 05:23 PM
the first rule must not count because i can think of a few that do not fit that rule

1. Silver Bullet 8.85@155.95
2. JIMSSVT 8.93@153.3
3. Jason408 9.36@143.57
4. MFOSS 9.60@139.9
5. kennebellecobra 9.641@139.81
6. Jeff88coupe 9.92@136
7. outlaw85 10.22@131
8. Chad393na 10.46@133.94
9. 95turbocharged 10.620@124.98
10. bbfstanger 10.766@124.44
11. bkstang95 10.782@131.59
12. MFIELD 10.890@134.29

There is the list. Let us all know what you are talking about.

fasthawk
11-30-2008, 05:30 PM
i am not going to rat anyone out but they no who they are.

Maximus
11-30-2008, 05:32 PM
i am not going to rat anyone out but they know who they are.

so why did you bring it up? Im sure the rest of the Dozen would like to know if they have a Lying member on the list.

k062693w
11-30-2008, 05:32 PM
i am not going to rat anyone out but they no who they are.

:lol: Wouldn't want to do that, The Mafia might come knock you off!!! :lol:

k062693w
11-30-2008, 09:54 PM
OK!!! This is my personal take on the BROKE discussion..
It's kind of long, So bear with me... :lol:
Here is my suggestion.

BROKE_________________________________________
Break or need to repair/replace any of the following... :rolleyes:

1.Block
2.Crank
3.Rod
4.Piston
5.Cam
6.Valve
7.Lifter
.Pushrod
9.Head
10.Any Bearing ie.Cam,Rod,Main,etc.
11.Basically any Internal Engine part

Here is what I consider not broke,I'll give a brief description as to why I think this..

NOT BROKE________________________________________

1.Break a Tranny, ie Clutch,Converter, Basically F'UP a Trans.. ( as long as you replace it with the same type trans, ie. an AOD with an AOD, Stick with a Stick, Etc.. NO change from Auto to Stick, C4 to Glide, Etc.. Or your BROKE)
2.Break an Axle or Rear End (Easy fix, and give a limit of say 10-14 days to make another pass.. Change Gear Ratio = Broke)
3.Head Gasket (Easy fix again)
4.Blown Intake
5.Burn a Plug
6.Blow a Belt
7.Blow a Hose
8.Radiator

I could keep going, But I think most will see my point.. I know some will instantly put down some of these ideas, But remember these are just my OPINIONS and I think it would be much better for any comments to be directed at suggestions/additions/deletions along these lines..:bigthumb

I think if we try to make the broke rule too simple it will create more drama..
Again just my opinion... But if we go with a "IF YOU CAN'T DRIVE IT HOME YOUR BROKE RULE" The problem could be for example is, BillyBob's alternator went out and he can't drive it home, So he is Broke!!!
Where some people may have the skills to look at changing a broke axle as easy, And do it just as fast.. So where do you draw the line ???
Again just my $.02

331TwistedWedge
11-30-2008, 10:10 PM
this officially has more rules than the nmra "rulebook"

were going to have rules..............

4.a
4.b
4.c
4.1a
4.2a

this thread is amazing ... you would think there is a $1,000,000 purse at stake ...

Rick93coupe
11-30-2008, 10:26 PM
OK!!! This is my personal take on the BROKE discussion..
It's kind of long, So bear with me... :lol:
Here is my suggestion.

BROKE_________________________________________
Break or need to repair/replace any of the following... :rolleyes:

1.Block
2.Crank
3.Rod
4.Piston
5.Cam
6.Valve
7.Lifter
.Pushrod
9.Head
10.Any Bearing ie.Cam,Rod,Main,etc.
11.Basically any Internal Engine part

Here is what I consider not broke,I'll give a brief description as to why I think this..

NOT BROKE________________________________________

1.Break a Tranny, ie Clutch,Converter, Basically F'UP a Trans.. ( as long as you replace it with the same type trans, ie. an AOD with an AOD, Stick with a Stick, Etc.. NO change from Auto to Stick, C4 to Glide, Etc.. Or your BROKE)
2.Break an Axle or Rear End (Easy fix, and give a limit of say 10-14 days to make another pass.. Change Gear Ratio = Broke)
3.Head Gasket (Easy fix again)
4.Blown Intake
5.Burn a Plug
6.Blow a Belt
7.Blow a Hose
8.Radiator

I could keep going, But I think most will see my point.. I know some will instantly put down some of these ideas, But remember these are just my OPINIONS and I think it would be much better for any comments to be directed at suggestions/additions/deletions along these lines..:bigthumb

I think if we try to make the broke rule too simple it will create more drama..
Again just my opinion... But if we go with a "IF YOU CAN'T DRIVE IT HOME YOUR BROKE RULE" The problem could be for example is, BillyBob's alternator went out and he can't drive it home, So he is Broke!!!
Where some people may have the skills to look at changing a broke axle as easy, And do it just as fast.. So where do you draw the line ???
Again just my $.02

Yes I totally agree, you lunch your transmission and it's definitely not broke, you loose an axle at the track and the car is perfectly fine. hahaha

:tard: :lol:

Trying to define broken is obviously going to be a struggle. This is exactly why you cant pop your hood in true street. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here because its obvious that no one agrees with me on it, but you can probably all now recognize why it is the way it is. When you let everyone determine what is broken to themselves, you'll always find people serving their own interests.

Timido
11-30-2008, 10:41 PM
this officially has more rules than the nmra "rulebook"

were going to have rules..............

4.a Min weight
4.b CID pump the engine
4.c Tear downs
4.1a Fuel sample from fuel sample valve
4.2a Must be within the "intent of the rules"

this thread is amazing ... you would think there is a $1,000,000 purse at stake ...

I agree Keep It Simple Stupid!

k062693w
11-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Yes I totally agree, you lunch your transmission and it's definitely not broke, you loose an axle at the track and the car is perfectly fine. hahaha

:tard: :lol:

Trying to define broken is obviously going to be a struggle. This is exactly why you cant pop your hood in true street. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here because its obvious that no one agrees with me on it, but you can probably all now recognize why it is the way it is. When you let everyone determine what is broken to themselves, you'll always find people serving their own interests.

This isn't True Street!!!

Again these were just some Ideas to get suggestions going..
If you remember my post I said it was my Opinion, So I don't expect everyone agree with me..
So instead throwing up a comment about my idea/opinion like you did, Why not try to add something constructive instead ??

Maximus
11-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Trying to define broken is obviously going to be a struggle.
When you let everyone determine what is broken to themselves, you'll always find people serving their own interests.

That is so true. That is why we are looking at suggestions that a Majority can agree on.:)

I would also like to see the DD contenders out somewhere other than the track, say at least once a month. That way we could confirm the "street" in their status.:)

Keep the suggestions coming, good or bad.:bigthumb

Maximus
11-30-2008, 10:52 PM

If you remember my post I said it was my Opinion, So I don't expect everyone agree with me..
So instead throwing up a comment about my idea/opinion like you did, Why not try to add something constructive instead ??

Thanks for your suggestion, it is appreciated.:)

Rick93coupe
11-30-2008, 10:58 PM

I have, which is why I gave the disclaimer. Not picking on you, I can agree with some of the stuff you suggest. What I'm pointing out is how in your mind a broken transmission doesn't mean your car is broken. In others minds melted plugs are fine. So um, where do you draw the line? The no popping hood rule fixes all of that period. Again, I know this isn't true street. Hell, to satisfy all you guys who like to repeat yourselves, I'll add it to my sig for future reference.:popcorn:

Kwik92GT
11-30-2008, 11:49 PM
So um, where do you draw the line?

Get rid of the line. :D :lol:

Maximus
12-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Get rid of the line. :D :lol:

:eek:

95turbocharged
12-01-2008, 08:22 AM
I think that getting the DD contenders out more will show them driving the cars and not being trailor queens, as someome stated earlier. if you go and read the first page of the DD list where vinny is quoted vinny talks about driving to the track. my suggestion is to have the DD list meet a couple times throughout the year and have a cruise to show that they are still street worthy as well as track ready!!! then at the end of the year have a final cruise to show that the cars on the list are not broke!!! that would end the year end bitchfest!!!!

k062693w
12-01-2008, 09:00 AM
:agree: :wstupid:

Best Idea Yet !!! :bigthumb IMO

adragon72
12-01-2008, 10:03 AM
i have been reading through this and all i can say is wow! i tried my best to do two thing this past year, compete in the DD and run UMTR but i blew it up lol. now she is running again and i am ready for next year.

i have watched a couple of the shoot outs and man there are some awsome cars out there, but to see them show up on trailers is kind of a downer.

if the DD is the fastest street cars!!

then wouldnt Broke mean oh shit i cant drive it home!

becouse if im not mistaken you are supposed to drive it to the track, so just make easy you have to be able to drive the car home.

seems so simple to me.

Metcalf Racing
12-01-2008, 11:47 AM
i have been reading through this and all i can say is wow! i tried my best to do two thing this past year, compete in the DD and run UMTR but i blew it up lol. now she is running again and i am ready for next year.

i have watched a couple of the shoot outs and man there are some awsome cars out there, but to see them show up on trailers is kind of a downer.

if the DD is the fastest street cars!!

then wouldnt Broke mean oh shit i cant drive it home!

becouse if im not mistaken you are supposed to drive it to the track, so just make easy you have to be able to drive the car home.

seems so simple to me.Not true exactly. My car is out almost every weekend and I drive it around making passes in it all the time but come race day I load it up and go racing. Saves on Race gas money for one. You can't just get it at any station. I like having the peice of mind that if something was to happen I can just load it up and head home. I race almost everytime the track is open I know what it is like to be stuck at the track begging for someone to come and get you