PDA

View Full Version : Got Caught up in the Traffic Jam from HELL today!

Katmandu
12-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Unbelievable!

Driving back home to Troy from Nashville this afternoon we got caught in the most unbelievable traffic mess!

Coming up I-75 in KY we see the Mileage sign that says (32) Miles to Cincinnati.

That is where it all started.

(3) HOURS LATER we FINALLY crossed the river!!

Yes, I said THREE HOURS!

That is an AVERAGE of (10) Miles PER HOUR for THREE FRIGGIN HOURS!! There weren't any accidents. Just about 25,000 cars going Northbound

(3) HOURS to travel (32) MILES!

Any you'all get caught up in that mess too ??

TurboNG
12-01-2008, 10:51 AM
That sucks, i went to the Vols vs Ky game this Sat.
Took 1hr15min to get out of the parking garage and another 1hr 30minutes to get to I-75

02mingryGT
12-01-2008, 01:03 PM
That sucks, i went to the Vols vs Ky game this Sat.
Took 1hr15min to get out of the parking garage and another 1hr 30minutes to get to I-75

Sounds like leaving a Nascar race.

cstreu1026
12-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I got caught behind a nasty accident on 71 just south of Verona yesterday as well. It looked like someone was driving way too fast on wet roads and lost control. It appeared they cross the median things got worse from there. We didn't have to sit very long, maybe 20-25 minutes but south bound traffic was back up more than 5 miles when they let us through and there was no sign they were going to get to go anytime soon.

Katmandu
12-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I got caught behind a nasty accident on 71 just south of Verona yesterday as well. It looked like someone was driving way too fast on wet roads and lost control. Yup. Drove by that one. Green SUV laying on it's side in the ditch.

I was amazed there wasn't more road-ragers acting up in all that mess. People were more restrained than usual.