PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully getting a new Stang this or next week!!!!!

PONYGRL
12-01-2008, 09:15 AM
So I guess it is finally the time. During my first year of college, I bought a new Acura RSX Type-S, which was A LOT more than I wanted to spend on a car. I’ve had it exactly 2 years now, and it’s a nice car, don’t get me wrong…. It is sporty and reliable and gets really good mileage.

I was planning on buying a new Mustang also as soon as I graduate, which will be next MAY!!!! But since then have decided that I will not need 2 new(er) sports cars…. I will not be living out in the country for a good 5 years, so I would be better off just buying a new Mustang now…. While I can really enjoy it and don’t have a far commute to work or school. It will have to be my daily driver, but I think I can live with that. I will just have to baby it more than the RSX, which is black might I add, so every imperfection shows.

We know the most awesome guy ever and he’s getting me a great deal (again). I almost traded in my car last year to him and got a new Roush 427 for like $5k.

I am really excited and hope everything works out… I am going to have to take a loss by trading in the Acura (which hopefully I can sell it to someone before I resort to that- it is posted on here and 20 other sites!) to get a new GT…. Which sucks big time because I can baaaarely afford it. But if I want to get it, I need to now and it’s the time.

It is pathetic because I have already built my car w/all the mods I want…. Which is funny because I am getting it completely stock. The only way I can afford to get a new GT is if I get a base model. I do plan on upgrading and modifying a ton, as soon as I have the money to do so.

Oh, and my color choice is vista blue. I am calling the insurance company in a few minutes to see how much of a hike it will be…. But as long as it isn’t TONS more I think I will be good to go. As long as we can find what I want.

Chris and I are both excited. If I had met him a few months sooner, I would probably be driving an 06 Roush right now anyway. I just hope it works out this time and I follow through....

DeckerEnt
12-01-2008, 09:39 AM
You could probably save a ton of cash by getting an 06 or even an 07. Let someone else take the new car hit. Could be the difference between a stock and a kenne bell!!!
Keith

PONYGRL
12-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Has anybody seen one decently priced with low miles? I want a warranty too... We have checked out Mike Castrucci in Alexandria and Milford, Beechmont Ford and a few others... I looked on ebay and craigslist and didn't see anything that great.

Right now I am looking to do a nearly equal trade- my car for a Mustang GT.... which will be unmolested and have a full warranty w/no miles. I am looking to get an 08 but an 09 might be a possibility if they can't find an 08 like I want in vista blue.... but an 09 will cost $2k-ish more, obviously....

PONYGRL
12-01-2008, 09:54 AM
I just did a search on auto trader.... like I said I want low miles, preferably below 15k... and it's gotta be listed no higher than about 25k, used. Right now, without haggling, we have mike down to 21k for an 08 Mustang GT, $27,900 sticker price... like I said that is without haggling so I am confident to say we can get him down another grand.

Silver Bullet
12-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Check with Beefcake, he is on the board and a sponser on the site. Beechmont Ford. I have bought two cars from him. Great customer service.:bigthumb

PONYGRL
12-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Check with Beefcake, he is on the board and a sponser on the site. Beechmont Ford. I have bought two cars from him. Great customer service.:bigthumb

Ya, we went up to Beechmont and talked to him on Saturday actually, just to see my options and talk to a couple dealers. The guy Chris got his Roush from is still thousands cheaper than anyone else and I can get $1500 more from him w/my trade-in.

I just did a search on auto trader and there are quite a few used w/under 15k miles listed at or below 24k.... like I said I want low miles, preferably below 15k... and it's gotta be listed no higher than about 25k, used. Right now, without haggling, we have mike down to 21k for an 08 Mustang GT, $27,900 sticker price... like I said that is without haggling so I am confident to say we can get him down another grand.... and I am kinda set on my color too. My last car was white, and my car now is black. I didnt like cleaning either, and I can't get redfire because it will be the same as Chris'.... so ideally I'd like vista blue or candy apple red.

I just called the insurance company- it's almost exactly the same for a new GT as my Acura right now, so that is a major relief!!!

Stangman
12-01-2008, 10:14 AM
I just called the insurance company- it's almost exactly the same for a new GT as my Acura right now, so that is a major relief!!!

Now that's cool! :bigthumb

My mom has a Vista Blue Escape, I love that color. And Dale (firestang70) has an '06 Vista Blue GT. There are quite a few Vista Blues running around... better mod it quick so we know who you are!

cobrajoe
12-01-2008, 10:21 AM
You could probably save a ton of cash by getting an 06 or even an 07. Let someone else take the new car hit. Could be the difference between a stock and a kenne bell!!!
Keith
agree 100%

Beef's the one to talk to.

PonymanfiveO
12-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Glad to hear your finally going to get into a Stang!

Personally, I would drive the Acura through the winter and trade her in on the Stang in the spring time when you can really enjoy it.

Good luck!

FireStang02
12-01-2008, 11:34 AM
There are some good deals out there if you want a different color. Here are a few I found.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-SHELBY-GT-07-SHELBY-GT-Mustang-Black-Black-Leather-9k-Miles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a7Q 7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1308QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQh ashZitem130268922514QQitemZ130268922514QQptZUSQ5fC arsQ5fTrucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-GT-07-FORD-MUSTANG-CONVERTABLE-GT-DELUXE-V8-AUTOMATIC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q 3a7Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1308QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em1 4QQhashZitem260323954921QQitemZ260323954921QQptZUS Q5fCarsQ5fTrucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-GT-07-MUSTANG-GT-WHOLESALE-PRICE-ONLY-9K-MILES-PERFECT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a 7Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14Q QhashZitem200282845514QQitemZ200282845514QQptZUSQ5 fCarsQ5fTrucks

PONYGRL
12-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Great, thanks guys!

And matt, I hear ya but the thing is, I go to NKU and can basically walk there. It's like a 1 minute drive and I miss all the traffic too. I also work downtown, but carpool with my mom... so she can drive on the days it is slick outside.

I don't do much driving at all, which is why I'm not that concerned... Chris has a new mustang too so I figure we can just drive his d.d. anywhere else I need to go during winter.

My car right now SUCKS in snow and ice.... even when it rains, my tires do nothing but spin and I'm all over the road, which is why I don't go anywhere unless I have to. A Mustang can't be much worse + it'll be in my garage most of the winter, nice and cozy.

PONYGRL
12-01-2008, 11:49 AM
There are some good deals out there if you want a different color. Here are a few I found.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-SHELBY-GT-07-SHELBY-GT-Mustang-Black-Black-Leather-9k-Miles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a7Q 7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1308QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQh ashZitem130268922514QQitemZ130268922514QQptZUSQ5fC arsQ5fTrucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-GT-07-FORD-MUSTANG-CONVERTABLE-GT-DELUXE-V8-AUTOMATIC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q 3a7Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1308QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em1 4QQhashZitem260323954921QQitemZ260323954921QQptZUS Q5fCarsQ5fTrucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-GT-07-MUSTANG-GT-WHOLESALE-PRICE-ONLY-9K-MILES-PERFECT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a 7Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14Q QhashZitem200282845514QQitemZ200282845514QQptZUSQ5 fCarsQ5fTrucks

True. I might look a little more tonight when I get home from work. A shelby is a little more than I'm looking for and the others aren't 5 speeds, which is another criteria.

I'm trying not to be too picky, but I'm trying to get exactly what I really want and will be happy with, since I really do plan on keeping it this time :D

DeckerEnt
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
This time?? We need some history of your cars here. LOL!
Keith

PONYGRL
12-01-2008, 02:34 PM
This'll be my 2nd brand new.

KobraII
12-02-2008, 01:16 AM
If you decide to go to Mike Castrucci in Alexandria, let me know and I'll talk to my dad to see if there's any sales people out there that won't take you for a sucker

cobrajoe
12-02-2008, 05:34 AM
This'll be my 2nd brand new.

Brand new? Get something about a year or so old and let somebody else take the hit. JMHO

PONYGRL
12-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Well we are going back up tonight. If I cant get the deal I want I am just going to wait it out and see what I come across. The only reason I am trying to get one new is I will have the warranty, which is a big thing for me. If I buy used, my luck, the whole thing would blow up. I forgot my license there last night somehow anyway so I'll keep you guys posted.... It's just stressin' me out big time.

PONYGRL
12-02-2008, 02:07 PM
If you decide to go to Mike Castrucci in Alexandria, let me know and I'll talk to my dad to see if there's any sales people out there that won't take you for a sucker

Does your dad work there? We know a couple of the guys. One of them Chris has referred a bunch of people to because he is the only one who will come down TONS.... He also bought his roush from him. I personally dont know how he does it but he's sold 19 cars in 2 weeks there, he told us 2 nights ago when he was walking his dog. And the next person behind him in sales sold 13 in 4 weeks, so by him selling cars cheaper and not making much money AND selling so many, I guess it evens itself out. The guy is super cool and lives right by us and I know he is jumping through hoops right now to help me out...

NaomiDstangLvr
12-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah I'm going to be in the market to get my wanted Mustang with our income tax and hopefully stimulous check. ;) So us girls need our toys also! :lol:

cobrajoe
12-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Well we are going back up tonight. If I cant get the deal I want I am just going to wait it out and see what I come across. The only reason I am trying to get one new is I will have the warranty, which is a big thing for me. If I buy used, my luck, the whole thing would blow up. I forgot my license there last night somehow anyway so I'll keep you guys posted.... It's just stressin' me out big time.

I bought mine used and it's warrantied. I think I even got the extended warranty. Of course mine was only like 6 or so months old. Don't think it had 7,000 miles on it.

firestang70
12-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Vista Blue???? why would you want such a wonderful color.:)

PONYGRL
12-03-2008, 11:14 AM
I bought mine used and it's warrantied. I think I even got the extended warranty. Of course mine was only like 6 or so months old. Don't think it had 7,000 miles on it.

That's not a bad deal at all. I am still keeping an eye out and looking around to see if I stumble across anything.

PONYGRL
12-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Vista Blue???? why would you want such a wonderful color.:)

It's a b-e-a-utiful color. I have never owned or driven a blue vehicle, but I really like the color.

I have gotten a couple hits on my car and some guy seems VERY interested, I am just waiting to hear back. I can't move forward at all until my car gets sold so we will see what happens. We went up to Ford last night again to see what my options are when it comes to colors available within my price range and this is about it so far-

1) Grabber orange (seems okay, but people keep telling me I will get tired of the color. I was looking at one last night again, trying to decide if I could live with the color.... it was dark out, and the thing glows in the dark almost. It seems like it would be way to "flashy" and bold to have as a dd. But the orange looks sweet with black accents... shaker hood, blacked out tails and panel, black wheels, stripes on the side and black rear window louvers.... it looks awesome! But then again, it wont be just a how car, I have to drive it everyday. It's price out the door is the second cheapest, right behind the black)

2) Black (significantly the cheapest. Right now I have a black car, and I think a black mustang would be ok... but I know how much it sucks to clean and every knick and dirt spec shows, which is kind of pushing me away. On the other hand, we wash chris' roush every weekend anyway so what's another mustang to wash?)

3) Vapor clearcoat (dark gray... I like the color okay and it will also look awesome with black accents on it too! It is the 3rd most expensive)

4) Vista blue (MOST EXPENSIVE because it has options.... I am also very partial to this color. Currently, there aren't any in the area hardly priced where I need to be... my mom says just spend the extra money and get what color I want and will be happy with, but there is $2500 difference between this one and the black one, which seems HUGE to me. Keep in mind I am a poor college student who hates to spend money on anything)

Originally my colors of preference in order were:
Blue, Candy apple red, vapor clearcoat (dar gray), silver, grabber orange and the colors I didn't want were: black, white, and the bright performance red

So I feel like I am choosing from what I don't want basically... not that I won't be happy with it. :confused:

As of right now, I am going to try to get a new one and see what happens with my car in the meantime. Hopefully I will know something today since a couple people seem seriously interested. The only thing that sucks is I have class tonight... straight from work... so I won't be able to check my mail.

If anyone has any input about the colors, I would greatly appreciate it!

Keep in mind down the road, I want it to look like a Roush... I want to put louvers on the sides along w/rear window louvers (black), get a black stripe on the side, black out the tails and back panel and get a shaker hood and body kit... so I have to look at it in the big picture.

It's just getting really stressful not knowing and not being able to move forward. I like things to just happen and am not a big fan of sitting around waiting, if that makes any sense at all. Thanks guys.

beefcake
12-03-2008, 03:53 PM
i can promise you no one will get you a better deal :) no way they can sell you a car for thousands less than me

if it's not a roush, i'll get you whatever you want, other than a rousch as we are not a rousch dealer

as far as trade in, i haven't seen it to get you a final # :)

bring her by,

beefcake
12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
It's a b-e-a-utiful color. I have never owned or driven a blue vehicle, but I really like the color.

4) Vista blue (MOST EXPENSIVE because it has options.... I am also very partial to this color. Currently, there aren't any in the area hardly priced where I need to be... my mom says just spend the extra money and get what color I want and will be happy with, but there is $2500 difference between this one and the black one, which seems HUGE to me. Keep in mind I am a poor college student who hates to spend money on anything)

don't forget, i found less expensive blue ones out there for you as well, i'll go however far you need to get one in the price range you want

PONYGRL
12-03-2008, 04:08 PM
We'll definitely stop up there to talk to ya before I make a final decision. I have to sell my car, I can't trade it in because the couple thousands more makes a big difference.... and I can't move forward, like I said, till my car is sold. So we havent even started playing hard ball yet.

Are you working this weekend and if so what days and times?

I found a serious buyer for my car and he was going to give me 18,500 but his financing fell through.... I just found out an hour ago. Apparently he has 3 open loans right now so there is no way that is going to work out.

My luck of course.....

beefcake
12-03-2008, 04:29 PM
We'll definitely stop up there to talk to ya before I make a final decision. I have to sell my car, I can't trade it in because the couple thousands more makes a big difference.... and I can't move forward, like I said, till my car is sold. So we havent even started playing hard ball yet.

Are you working this weekend and if so what days and times?

I found a serious buyer for my car and he was going to give me 18,500 but his financing fell through.... I just found out an hour ago. Apparently he has 3 open loans right now so there is no way that is going to work out.

My luck of course.....

it's always possible we can help arrange the financing for the person buying your car as well, it's always easier for us to do a car loan than an individual

KobraII
12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Does your dad work there? We know a couple of the guys. One of them Chris has referred a bunch of people to because he is the only one who will come down TONS.... He also bought his roush from him. I personally dont know how he does it but he's sold 19 cars in 2 weeks there, he told us 2 nights ago when he was walking his dog. And the next person behind him in sales sold 13 in 4 weeks, so by him selling cars cheaper and not making much money AND selling so many, I guess it evens itself out. The guy is super cool and lives right by us and I know he is jumping through hoops right now to help me out...

Well, my dad's a mechanic at Castrucci. Heard of Darrin Byrd?

PONYGRL
12-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Ohhh I would probably know him if I saw him...maybe. We were there for 4 hours on Saturday... I think they are probably getting sick of us at that place.

KobraII
12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Gotcha. He's really cool, pretty knowledgeable. Been doing the same thing for about 20'ish years now.