PDA

View Full Version : "We are not in a recession"

Mista Bone
12-01-2008, 06:19 PM
wait, change that......we have been since Dec. 2007.

The "R" bomb has been dropped, we are doomed now.

:popcorn:

wht_stang
12-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Thinking that we are in a recession would cause a recession. Think about it, if everyone stops spending money and just hangs onto it with a death grip because they think we're in a recession whats gonna happen. Businesses will lose money, production will go down across the board, and jobs will be lost.

12seclx
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah, just seen that on tv myself and thought, geez...

Just seen also that we warned India of an impending terrorist attack in Mumbai and they didn't believe us or want to do anything about it... :rolleyes:...

wht_stang
12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Hmm sounds like another country i know of. Get all kinds of warnings about shit and not do anything about it. Wonder who that could be.

mustangjon
12-01-2008, 09:36 PM
well sadly this is one the few things i applaud the govm at lately, we have been in one, but they didnt want to name it that, for as the above was stated, it would only make it worse. They just couldnt deny the inevitable any longer

Goldenpony
12-01-2008, 10:56 PM
There must be SOME way to blame the recession on Bill Clinton. :lol:

Black Horse
12-01-2008, 11:43 PM
You are right, we are not in a recession........by the time they admit that it is a recession it is a depression!

Mista Bone
12-02-2008, 01:03 AM
You are right, we are not in a recession........by the time they admit that it is a recession it is a depression!

My thoughts exactly.

I wish Paul Loveless was here, this would be a great debate.

Oh yeah, my post #15, of this thread

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38041

Mista Bone
12-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Thinking that we are in a recession would cause a recession. Think about it, if everyone stops spending money and just hangs onto it with a death grip because they think we're in a recession whats gonna happen. Businesses will lose money, production will go down across the board, and jobs will be lost.

Hasn't this already happened???? China's production is getting hard since we are buying less.

All these government bailouts......where is the government getting the money? Smart people will only buy what they NEED right now, the gas prices were a BIG wakeup for those who were just getting by. The you have the people that are over spending, beyond their means and not having a 3-6 month savings.

IF you have the credit and means, right now or within the next 6 months would be a great time to do some investing.

More AIG news, oil profits buying hurt US company.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122813841343668791.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

American International Group Inc. agreed to sell its private-banking business to Abu Dhabi oil-and-gas firm Aabar Investments PJSC as the struggling insurance giant sheds assets as part of its $150 billion bailout by the U.S. government.

Blackpony
12-02-2008, 08:25 AM
It figures they drop the R bomb on people after the elections as well as "Black Friday". Do you think people would have went out and shopped as much if they knew it was going to be announced the monday after. Hmm sounds kinda funny.

mach_u
12-02-2008, 09:13 AM
I think you would have to be blind to not realize we were already in a recession. Most experts (not that you can really trust "experts") have stated, based on history, true recessions only last up to 18 months - in theory we should be coming out the other end in just a couple of months. Now whether or not this proves false and we end up going into a depression of sorts, is a whole other story.

04 Venom
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
I am afraid this recession will be longer and deeeper than the 18 month average. My guess is at least through 2009. Hope I'm wrong.