PDA

View Full Version : So who ventured out on "Black Friday"??

NaomiDstangLvr
12-02-2008, 04:22 PM
I work retail unfortunately this is probably the worst day of the year for us, lol! So who waited in any lines? I heard about a man being trampled in NY http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=6353623. And another two were killed in Cali. http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081129/NEWS07/811299994. Some crazy crap if you ask me!

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-02-2008, 05:05 PM
I have the great misfortune of working for Walmart at the time being, so i was lucky enough to actually be working that morning. I tell ya, peoples true colors come out when money is on the line. I'm always amazed at how a mob mentality pulls good people into being total F'ers.

Did you hear about the Walmart employee that got trampled to death at the front door? That's just a F'in shame..he was 23 years old and died because someone wanted to save a few bucks.

cstreu1026
12-02-2008, 08:24 PM
We didn't wait in in line at Walmart. My wife walked in at 5:00 AM got what she needed, paid, and walked right out. It took all of 10 minutes. Mean while I watched from the parking lot across the street as people circled the lot like vultures. We did wait in line at Michael's so my wife could get some scrap booking stuff. Mainly because we got out of Walmart so quick we had almost an hour to kill until they opened. We were the first ones there.

Pops Fun
12-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi
the wife and I went to Walmart for to get a camcorder. We went a little late and walked in, there were people everywhere, we got it and got out!!

MsBlkramair
12-02-2008, 09:25 PM
nope, I had to be in Dayton for work at 6:30am...........but I saw all the traffic and the mall parking lots. I was actually very happy to be going to work! I just shopped online during my downtime. lol

NXcoupe
12-03-2008, 10:58 AM
My g/f had to be at work at 4am!! That meant she was up a 2 to get ready and be there her usual 45 minutes early. She said it was a mad house and she didn't get off until 2:30, a long day for her. She saw a lot of people she knew tho, and said all in all it wasn't too bad.

99Slobra
12-03-2008, 12:41 PM
yeah I worked it. We weren't running any really good specials so we were kinda slow.

Fun way to kill from 7am to 8pm though...

NaomiDstangLvr
12-04-2008, 07:39 AM
My husband and I work at Target, so they were lined up out and around the building, at both stores! People are INSANE when it comes to saving a few bucks! :rolleyes:

Steves LX
12-04-2008, 09:08 AM
The wife and I ventured out at 4:00 in the morning. She went to meijers and I went too sears. I bought a Craftsman 3 ton floor jack for 49.99 and a 1/2" craftsman torque wrench for 39.99. Picked her back up at Meijers and we went to Best buy and bought a computer. They had like 4 of them left that everybody was camping out for since Wednesday night and they raffled them off and our # was called. We did have some crazy crap happen at the Walmart in Hillsboro. They had a skid of Xbox 360's. There was a worker there using a box cutter to cut the skid open as everyone stood there and waited. Well a man approached the worker and pulled out a knife and offered to help cut the skid open and when the worker told him no he couldn't let him do that the guy got pissed off and stabbed him. Around the corner from that incident was 2 young mothers on the ground with hands full of hair dukeing it out over a Wii fit. I went to gamestop to get Mario cart for the Wii and there was a line back to the door. Well they had 2 registers open and one line. Well people started to form a 2nd line and the workers said nothing about it. Well low and behold this mom and her daughter got out of the original line and went and stepped in front of roughly 12-15 people in the other line. Right away people started running there mouths. This women says I've waited for an hour in the other line and now people want to form a 2nd line. I dare someone to say something to my face I'll shoot their ass. I thought thats real cute sweetheart right in front of your 10 year old daughter. Who was begging her mom to go to the back of the line and to stop being stupid.

Black92LX
12-04-2008, 12:11 PM
I left the house at 8:45.
Went to Dick's got my wife some shoes
Went to Sears got myself a floor jack
Went to Office Depot/Max (don't remember which) got myself a bluetooth headset.
Spent $95 and was back home by 9:30.

tdm309
12-05-2008, 11:47 AM
My fiance and I were out at 345 am and didnt return home till 630 that night. Definetly a long day of shopping but we are almost finished xmas shopping.

dirtyone55
12-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Myself and a buddy waited in front of best buy on colerain and waited for the cheap laptops. We got there at 7:00 the night before.