PDA

View Full Version : Finally a key carrying member!!!

2Kblacksleeper
12-03-2008, 01:44 AM
I now feel complete. Well kind of anyway.

I bought my 1st mustang that runs today!!!!!

I got a 95 GT. I had a very rough day buying it. I Bought it from a guy in Ky. Well to start off he signed the title in the wrong spot. So i talked the lady at the title office into taking it anyway. Then i was informed i had to get an out of state inspection. I am like great how much is this going to cost me? She tells me 3.50. So i say fine lets go. We get that done, and them back to the inside to pay for my tax and title. I look for my check that i had and it is no where to be found. So she tells me that i can go to UDF and use there atm. I get there and the F-N thing is broke. So now i leave there and go to the Marathon and there is working. So i get the money and go back to pay for the title and tags and i just barely make it back before closeing. I pay and get my stuff and go out to put the tags on. I drove it from Independence to Batavia with no tags at all. I borrow a phillips screw driver and guess what, they are a slot screw. They did not have one. So i had to hand tighten them.

Later, I go and meet a friend of mine so we can go down and get my DD from the place i bought the car from. We go down and get it un eventfull. As we drop my DD off at the house, i have him drive out to Bethel where he lives. As we are going out there, we stop at a light and we notice the lights starting to dim. So we get to his house and start to check it out and it is the alt. I was able to make it back to my house with out and incendent. So now i have a mustang that i cant drive because i do not trust the alt. I was supprised i made it home. I had to turn off all the accs. So i put as little strain on it a possiable on it.

I priced new ones and damn are they expensive. So i will have to drive my jeep for about a month so i save up and get an alt. If anyone has a damn good hook up for one please let me know. I forgot to add in the title and tax for the car so i am damn near broke.

Here are some pice of it. It only has 113,000 on her. It has something that looks like purple hornies for an exhaust. I cant wait to save up to switch out the exhaust. Maybe some classic flowmasters 40's.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm104/2kblacksleeper/Gubs/95%20Mustang%20GT/9121712007_253854957_IM1_MAIN_565x4.jpg

Sorry it is so long.

John

Camaro86SHOCKER
12-03-2008, 01:51 AM
i have a similar story, i bought a 95 gt from a member on here who was one of those guys that pop on just to sell something then you never see them again. Well long story short i was lucky to get the car and really i stole the thing for what i gave him for it.
But when i went to go test drive it, it had a half eaten whopper on the floor, seats chewed up, door hinges broke, shitty ass exhaust with "custom" down tips and some silly ass air fuel guage that started sparking on the way home and the car ran on about 6 of its 8 cylinders. I did a full tune up, threw on an x-pipe, flows and fixed all the problems and put a cobra leather interior in it and for very little i turned it into one of my favorite cars ever and it turns heads everywhere it goes. So dont get discouraged, just put a little money in it and you will be happy.

Stangman
12-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Congrats on the SN95! I've had mine for 3 years and it is the best car ever! I got mine when it had 129K on it now it has 221K and still runs as good as day 1!

Now fix it and make it faster!

MrsAPE
12-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Congrats!!

PONYGRL
12-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Congrats on finally getting a stang! Hopefully I will be able to post something similar to this in a couple days. But I am glad it worked out... I now realize how stressful and chaotic buying a car is... and know firsthand how crazy it is wanting to buy a car and needing to sell your current car first.... Anyway, good luck and keep us posted :o

2Kblacksleeper
12-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Thank you for all the good responses. I have had a really long day. (14 hours retail) So i am going to bed.

I have only drove it about 100 miles or so and i love the car. I wont drive it anymore till I get the alt fixed. It brings back memories of when i had my 2000 Lightning. Although this one i most likely will not let go.

John

graysonracin
12-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Good to see you gotta stang, it looks really nice. Your story sounds like the stuff that happens to me all the time. If your able to remove the alternator it probably needs a voltage regulator, the same thing happend to me in my 99gt. I bought a 20$ regulator off of ebay and took the alt apart and that took care of the problem, was fairly easy to do, just a thought might save you some cash.

2Kblacksleeper
12-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Well i had a little problem a couple of days ago. When i was taking the alt off, i un bolted the 2 bolts and the damn thing was froze on there like it was still bolted.

I think to myself no prolbem. I have a little flat head screw driver and i will just wiggle it a little where the crush sleve looking thing is on the bottom mount. So as i start to add a little force, I hear something hit the ground that sounds like a socket hitting. At the same time the alt frees up so i am like finally.

Well aparently i broke the damn mount. It cracked off on the bottom tab. It also had a big air bubble in the casting where it broke off.

I was pissed to say the least. I called up jegs and ordered this part,
http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans+Dapt/969/9455/10002/-1 .
DO you all think that this will work to remount it back?
I am also thinking that it is not the right alt since mine should be a 130 amp. this one is from a junkyard and i believe that it is only a 80 amp. If i take it to like autozone can they test it and tell me weather it is a 80 or 130. Or do they just say if it is good or bad?

Thanks in advance for the help.

John

Mustard
12-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Congrats on the ride. From the pic it looks really clean. As for parts, there are always good buys to be found on here.

2Kblacksleeper
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks, it is really clean for being 13 years old. I am happy with it. Now i just need to save for mods.

John