PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the SBZ Dirty Dozen Thread!

Holly
12-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Craig suggested making a separate forum for the Dirty Dozen. I talked to John, so we are going to "try" this.

We were thinking that we would still have the public DD list and who is doing what, but the current 12 members could chat in their own area without "outsiders" bitching or moaning about anything and everything. They could also post up what they are doing (as in maintenance) and if they are potentially broken or not.

Should this forum be moved to the racing area instead of the lounge?

We are debating a few issues and want some input. Please let me know your thoughts/ideas. Thank you!

95turbocharged
12-03-2008, 08:50 PM
i like the idea:bigthumb

Black Horse
12-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Looks like a good place for the fast wheels up folks to congregate!

JASON408
12-03-2008, 09:22 PM
i like the idea i think it should be for active members of the dirty dozen and past members of the dirty dozen . give everyone somthing to shoot for if you make the final list you get a free pass to the fourm . cant forget the ones that came before ya !!!

kennebellcobra
12-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't think poeple will vote to" not" be able to see a thread. I do like the idea though.

Holly
12-03-2008, 09:25 PM
i like the idea i think it should be for active members of the dirty dozen and past members of the dirty dozen . give everyone somthing to shoot for if you make the final list you get a free pass to the fourm . cant forget the ones that came before ya !!!

That's a good question.

I'm going to wait for Craig to get on here and see if I put all this out there correctly. He may need to clear a few things up.
;)

I don't think poeple will vote to" not" be able to see a thread. I do like the idea though.

I think people that are striving for and/or are on the dirty dozen list would LOVE this idea.

kennebellcobra
12-03-2008, 09:39 PM
QUOTE=Holly;428787]

I think people that are striving for and/or are on the dirty dozen list would LOVE this idea.[/QUOTE]

I love the idea too...I'm just saying the people who are not in the running for the DD will vote for all sbz to see it and there are a lot more people that won't be able to see it than will be able to.

Rich
12-03-2008, 09:39 PM
What if you were on the list at some point through the year? Or would it be just the final 12?

Rick93coupe
12-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I like the idea of a forum for the dozen, although I'm not for making some forums private. There's a possibility I'm going to be a dozen contender this yr, and I'd like to be privy to the discussions.

k062693w
12-03-2008, 09:53 PM
There's a possibility I'm going to be a dozen contender this yr, and I'd like to be privy to the discussions.

:rolleyes: That just made me spit pop out of my nose!!! :lol:

JFWY Rick !!! :bigthumb

MFIELD
12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
What if you were on the list at some point through the year? Or would it be just the final 12?

Kinda what I'm wondering. The list will change throughout the year. If your on early in the year are you good for the whole year or will there be like check points to change out members? I like the idea, just not sure how its going to work.

ibstrokin
12-03-2008, 10:45 PM

I like this idea also, but of course I would, I wasn't on the list this yr. I would like to talk with other DD members without listening to opinions of new members (w/o mustangs). It does seem a tad elitist, but I can see the functionality of it.

kennebellcobra
12-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I do like Jason's idea of past members too!

Rich
12-03-2008, 11:06 PM
I like this idea also, but of course I would, I wasn't on the list this yr. I would like to talk with other DD members without listening to opinions of new members (w/o mustangs).

If anyone thinks the whining and crying is bad now for a "sticker"...wait till there is a special password involved. It will be cut throat!!!:lol:

1992MustangDW
12-03-2008, 11:17 PM
How about you make it to were we can read the post but those not on the dd cant post, I will never have a car fast enough for the dd, money just isnt there, but I love to read the stories on here about dd and like to read whats going on.

outlaw85
12-03-2008, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=1992MustangDW;428817]How about you make it to were we can read the post but those not on the dd cant post,

:agree:

poncho2001
12-04-2008, 12:21 AM
I also like the idea of being able to read but not post. I don't have a mustang/capri but I do enjoy reading the post's. :D

bbfstanger
12-04-2008, 12:26 AM
sounds like a good idea after some details get worked out.

Maximus
12-04-2008, 01:12 AM

I was thinking the current members only. BUT adding the Past members would/could add to the conversation. Would be beneficial in determining who is broke, what is broke...A self-policing if you will.

I love the idea too...I'm just saying the people who are not in the running for the DD will vote for all sbz to see it and there are a lot more people that won't be able to see it than will be able to.

I screwed up. I was wanting the DD area to be for the Dozen members only. The first post was to be for the current Dozen Members only. THEY were going to vote on whether the area is public or private.:)

I like the idea of a forum for the dozen, although I'm not for making some forums private. There's a possibility I'm going to be a dozen contender this yr, and I'd like to be privy to the discussions.

Many forums have "private" areas. ;)

I like this idea also, but of course I would, I wasn't on the list this yr. I would like to talk with other DD members without listening to opinions of new members (w/o mustangs). It does seem a tad elitist, but I can see the functionality of it.

It is elitists. Why do you think there is so much bickering. People bust their ass to be on the Dirty Dozen. :cool1:

Silver Bullet
12-04-2008, 02:03 AM
I like using it as a private forum and sharing info.. Also for discussing what is broke and not, as a tool. It makes since. No offense to anyone, but I hate when a "15" second guy wants to tell a 8-10 second guy what he considers maintanence and such.

2Kblacksleeper
12-04-2008, 03:00 AM
I wanted to put my .02 cents in if i may?

I would not be oppesed to a semi private forum. Like where The DD is the main members, but them other members are allowed to ask to join in and be able to post. That way say someone starts posting crap that gets on people nerve they can be outed.

I just got my 1st running mustang and i know it will be a year or two till i can be a contender on the DD. I do like reading and asking the occasional question to guys that have working combos. It will help me not waste money where i dont need it.

Basically the 12 on the list can vote and veto a guy that is a pita out. What do you all think of that? Thanks again for listening.

John

cobrajoe
12-04-2008, 05:35 AM
wow just wow! What is next voting on membership? :rolleyes:

I sorta like seeing what makes a 8 to 10 sec monster "Tick".

Evil_Capri
12-04-2008, 08:43 AM
I can dig the section visible to all, but only DD members can post. In that manner if a topic warrants enough interest, a non-DD member(s) can start a thread/post outside of the DD section.

Maximus
12-04-2008, 09:15 AM
I wanted to put my .02 cents in if i may?

I would not be oppesed to a semi private forum. Like where The DD is the main members, but them other members are allowed to ask to join in and be able to post. That way say someone starts posting crap that gets on people nerve they can be outed.

I just got my 1st running mustang and i know it will be a year or two till i can be a contender on the DD. I do like reading and asking the occasional question to guys that have working combos. It will help me not waste money where i dont need it.

Basically the 12 on the list can vote and veto a guy that is a pita out. What do you all think of that? Thanks again for listening.

John

Once a person is outed, then they will just start another thread bitching, crying, etc etc. With the DD private, it would only be the members, bitching, crying, etc etc:lol: Seriously, Most of the DD members understand what it is to be on the List and I think, respect what Vinny started.
There will be the "public" are to keep up on the Dozen and see who is doing what.
The private area would/was going to be an area for a Current member to post up, "Hey, I have a intake gasket that is leaking, if I take my intake off to fix it am I off the list?" The other 11 would chime in and give their thoughts, withOUT a 100 other people (who arent on the list or even OWN a Mustang) giving their opinion. Im trying to keep the Drama to a minimum.:tard:

CONGRATS on your First Mustang JOHN!!! You should start a thread in the "Projects in Progress" area to show off your work.:bigthumb

Holly
12-04-2008, 09:50 AM
The private area would/was going to be an area for a Current member to post up, "Hey, I have a intake gasket that is leaking, if I take my intake off to fix it am I off the list?" The other 11 would chime in and give their thoughts, withOUT a 100 other people (who arent on the list or even OWN a Mustang) giving their opinion. Im trying to keep the Drama to a minimum.:tard:

I like it. :bigthumb

I know some people AREN'T going to like the idea, but you can't please everybody. If you really want to read what is in there, get your car running faster. :lol: I completely understand the members of the DD wanting to "talk" without having to listen to a bunch of crying/whining from other members.

I could have just made the forum, gave access to only the dirty dozen members, but I wanted some input from other members.

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Ok......So even though Ive been on the list off an on, every year, and I currently have the 7th fastest car on the site, and the fastest street car(gets raced on the street). I won't be allowed in?

Maximus
12-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Ok......So even though Ive been on the list off an on, every year, and I currently have the 7th fastest car on the site, and the fastest street car(gets raced on the street). I won't be allowed in?

Are you currently on the Dozen?

When next years Dozen starts, the current Dozen members will be in the area. When you run YOUR Stang and make the number, you are in.:)

Pretty simple.

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 10:17 AM
I see it's another way to screw me over. Yes I should be a current member. BTW I did run MY stang.. It went a 9.94 thanks

Rich
12-04-2008, 10:19 AM
So, at any given time...only 12 members will have access to the DD forum?

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Why not allow top contenders for a DD spot

bbfstanger
12-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Seriously, Most of the DD members understand what it is to be on the List and I think, respect what Vinny started.
There will be the "public" are to keep up on the Dozen and see who is doing what.
The private area would/was going to be an area for a Current member to post up, "Hey, I have a intake gasket that is leaking, if I take my intake off to fix it am I off the list?" The other 11 would chime in and give their thoughts, withOUT a 100 other people (who arent on the list or even OWN a Mustang) giving their opinion. Im trying to keep the Drama to a minimum.:tard

thats sounds like a great idea to me

facemelter71
12-04-2008, 10:33 AM
What about potential next year DD listers.IM shooting for a spot next year with this new stroker.Does that make me eligible this year (only a month left) or do I have to make a good 10 (shit maybe 9) sec pass next year?

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 10:44 AM
What about potential next year DD listers.IM shooting for a spot next year with this new stroker.Does that make me eligible this year (only a month left) or do I have to make a good 10 (shit maybe 9) sec pass next year?
My car runs 9's maxy just told me no two posts ago.

facemelter71
12-04-2008, 10:48 AM
My car runs 9's maxy just told me no two posts ago.

He answered my question with that.I wil have to make a run next year to be in the private forum.Kinda sucks.But I need to get my car done.
I cant believe Im going to spend that much money to be allowed access to a private forum.:bigthumb
O well I wanted a spot on the dozen anyway.

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 10:49 AM
yeah it's bs forsure

Rich
12-04-2008, 10:50 AM
So, at any given time...only 12 members will have access to the DD forum?

Alright, lets fast forward to next year. There are 12 members of the DD. Lets say. I put on a NOS kit and go out and run a time that puts me in the middle of the Dozen? Since technically I would be knocking the 12th place person off of the list...does that person lose their DD forum privilege?

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 10:55 AM
nope................Doesn't seem fair does it?

NXcoupe
12-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Let me get this straight. The forum would be for the final dd from each year, decided when the final dozen are named in Nov/Dec, any past dozen finalist is also allowed in to give opinions and input/help to the newer members, and the forum is private like the wicked women? Then if that is correct, I vote for it. That is, if my vote means anything. I don't believe that anyone who is competing for the final list throughout the year should be in the forum. They will have the normal dd post in the general section. This is just icing on the sticker if you will.

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 11:21 AM
I think if you lock down a thread for the DD only it wouldn't get used very much

beefcake
12-04-2008, 12:32 PM
lol, i like the 3rd choice, let em see but not post, just give more fuel to here metcalf bitchin lol,

only,

another place lol

Maximus
12-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I like it. :bigthumb
I could have just made the forum, gave access to only the dirty dozen members, but I wanted some input from other members.

Of course people not on the list are going to want to see and give their .02. My opinion is that if you are on the list, then you should have more of a "say so" then someone not on the list.

My original idea was for the 12 CURRENT Dozen members to be in the area. Someone Bumps you, you are back in the general area. You run a new time good enough to be on the list, you are back in.
Now maybe the past Dozen Members should be allowed as well. Afterall, they worked hard to be on the Dozen, so they should be rewarded, just like the current members.:bigthumb

Now back to the Drama.......

95turbocharged
12-04-2008, 01:22 PM
i think you should let the past lists have access. but I do like the idea of watching new people race to get access to the private thread!!!

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 02:32 PM
It doesn't really matter to me anymore. I took a screwing this year, but opening day I'll be #1 on the list until the other fast guys bump me down alittle. But I'll be a contender at the top of the DD you guys are just going to have to accept that.

Mista Bone
12-04-2008, 02:41 PM
"not a good idea".........

Because 2-5 people will always bitch no matter what.

Maximus
12-04-2008, 02:55 PM
It doesn't really matter to me anymore. I took a screwing this year, but opening day I'll be #1 on the list until the other fast guys bump me down alittle. But I'll be a contender at the top of the DD you guys are just going to have to accept that.

So what are you going to Bitch/Cry about then??:tard::lol::lol:

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 02:58 PM
I won't be the one crying you will...I'm sure you guys will find some reason to disqualify me, you do every year

Maximus
12-04-2008, 02:58 PM
i think you should let the past lists have access. but I do like the idea of watching new people race to get access to the private thread!!!

I do to. :bigthumb

Now we just need to have Holly find the old standings from 05, 06.:)

Maximus
12-04-2008, 03:00 PM
I won't be the one crying you will...I'm sure you guys will find some reason to disqualify me, you do every year

You are correct...How about NO-ONE named Craig can be on the list?!?:dork:

some people wont see the irony in that statement:lol:

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm good with it

Rick93coupe
12-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Ok, so it's not about the props and the sticker anymore. Now its a club that 99% of us can't be a part of. Oh, and the only private sections on the boards are for mods.

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 03:27 PM
You can be a part of it .. if you have a single digit car, and your name is not Craig, you drive to the track every time you go, and you attend all the Stangbangerz get togethers. all the members must vote to see if they like you or not, and the current list makers decide if you have met all of the basic requirments. If you pass all of the above they will vote again and see if you deserve to bump one of their buddies or not.

Holly
12-04-2008, 03:32 PM

I think I have them. Jason brought me the discs with all the information from my old computer last weekend, I have been going through them the past few days. But I still have Vinny's hand written notes with names and times. I forgot to get those for you, I know exactly where they are... on the floor downstairs where the cat knocked them. :lol:

Holly
12-04-2008, 03:34 PM
You can be a part of it .. if you have a single digit car, and your name is not Craig, you drive to the track every time you go, and you attend all the Stangbangerz get togethers. all the members must vote to see if they like you or not, and the current list makers decide if you have met all of the basic requirments. If you pass all of the above they will vote again and see if you deserve to bump one of their buddies or not.

RULE NUMBER ONE. :tard:

:lol:

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 03:36 PM
:bigthumb
RULE NUMBER ONE. :tard:

:lol:

Maximus
12-04-2008, 03:44 PM

You forgot....Your last name cant be Metcalf either!!:tard::)

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Nope the Craig part is plenty good enough

Maximus
12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I think I have them. Jason brought me the discs with all the information from my old computer last weekend, I have been going through them the past few days. But I still have Vinny's hand written notes with names and times. I forgot to get those for you, I know exactly where they are... on the floor downstairs where the cat knocked them. :lol:

Cool!
I remember seeing "Maximus" in Vinnys handwriting....I felt very Proud to be on his list. :)

bkstang95
12-04-2008, 04:07 PM
I like it...Very cool idea!

bbfstanger
12-04-2008, 04:07 PM
i think it would be kool to be a member of the private club lol!
give'em something to work for.

bkstang95
12-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Just think if it's private, we can talk about who we'll gang up on and not let on the list for the upcoming year....:rolleyes:
haha apparently people think this is what goes on anyways...

Maximus
12-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Just think if it's private, we can talk about who we'll gang up on and not let on the list for the upcoming year....:rolleyes:
haha apparently people think this is what goes on anyways...

That only happens in the WW area!!:lol:

cobrajoe
12-04-2008, 05:59 PM

woo hoo I'll be #2 in my slooow 13 sec. car!!!! WooT! :bigthumb

JFWY

Silver Bullet
12-04-2008, 06:03 PM

Better hope you make the first pass. Here is another thread your bitching and moaning in. Waaaa WWaaaaa Whhaaa. I have two kids that don't cry as much as you. BTW, you must not be the sharpest tool in the shed, you are far from the fastest car on the board. Since you cant do math, I thought I will point this out to you. Now here is where you fire back and challenge me to a "Big" ole street race and act "big" and tough. :rolleyes::popcorn::popcorn:

Maximus
12-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Looks like this is on its way to the WR.

and people wonder why I wanna take the DD to a Private area.:bangwall:

Silver Bullet
12-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Sorry Craig... moving this post.

JASON408
12-04-2008, 06:20 PM
:popcorn:
Better hope you make the first pass. Here is another thread your bitching and moaning in. Waaaa WWaaaaa Whhaaa. I have two kids that don't cry as much as you. BTW, you must not be the sharpest tool in the shed, you are far from the fastest car on the board. Since you cant do math, I thought I will point this out to you. Now here is where you fire back and challenge me to a "Big" ole street race and act "big" and tough. :rolleyes::popcorn::popcorn:

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 07:11 PM
LOL...Bunch of Nancie's

wht_stang
12-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Looks like this is on its way to the WR.

and people wonder why I wanna take the DD to a Private area.:bangwall:

I'd say this forum should be public viewable but private posting.

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I'd say this forum should be public viewable but private posting.:sukit:

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2008, 09:02 PM
It looks to me like it's fairly obvious what the members think by looking at the poll

Adam@S&MMotorsports
12-05-2008, 01:34 AM

Better come with more than 9.90s or they won't have to disqualify you...

Kid_Money
12-05-2008, 06:33 AM

What good is a street car if you don't street race it???:confused:

cobrajoe
12-05-2008, 08:42 AM
What good is a street car if you don't street race it???:confused:

I'll get this Max.

StangBangerz does not condone or promote any illegal street oriented activities!

Carry on!:lol:

Metcalf Racing
12-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I'll get this Max.

StangBangerz does not condone or promote any illegal street oriented activities!

Carry on!:lol:
Why does it have a "Kills" section for street racing?

Metcalf Racing
12-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Better come with more than 9.90s or they won't have to disqualify you...you better come with more than a 94 gt or you won't have to worry about it

cobrajoe
12-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Why does it have a "Kills" section for street racing?

Did you see the smiley? Geesh! Carry on.:lol::popcorn:

Metcalf Racing
12-05-2008, 10:16 AM
LOL..Gotcha

Adam@S&MMotorsports
12-05-2008, 10:33 AM
you better come with more than a 94 gt or you won't have to worry about it

ha ha we will see about that:lol:

Maximus
12-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Are we all done voting? If so, we will close this Cracka up at 11.

Thanks to all who voiced their thoughts.:)

replicobra
12-05-2008, 11:02 AM
i have never had a car on the dozen but i like the public view private post. i just say include the past members because they layed the groundwork and set the bar for the people trying now and many of them are or will be repeat members.

k062693w
12-05-2008, 11:50 AM
So Craig... Is this going to end up going by the voting ?? Or at least have it public, and only those on the DD get to post ???

Or do we need to change your quote to 3 ??

LOL!! This isnt America, this is Stangbangerz and its run by 2 guys who run it how they seem fit. Dont like it, you can leave OR stay and keep stirring.:lol::bigthumb

LMAO Sorry I couldn't resist !!!! :lol:

Holly
12-05-2008, 10:26 PM

I have the 06 list, I'll bring it tomorrow (in V50's handwriting).

Not sure where the 05 list is, I'm still looking.

mcat
12-06-2008, 11:51 AM
its no surprise that Craig came up with this idea..

Thanks! :)

BigBadStang
12-06-2008, 12:29 PM
My turn...lol!
Private areas create cliques.
This is fine I guess, but we all know that some private forum comments will bleed over into a public forum post in bits and pieces, make "inside" jokes that will be sure to get tossed into the whippin room.

Can't the same thing be thing be accomplished by using the Private Message feature?

I just don't see the benefit of doing more to divide the members of this forum even more.

cobrajoe
12-06-2008, 01:22 PM

:eek:

Oh! Snap!:popcorn::eek:

Metcalf Racing
12-06-2008, 01:41 PM
if a person is on the list, they wont have much to say about the rediculous manor in which it is being governed. but people who may be getting screwed off the list will have no voice..nice.. Craig what did your car run this year???
:eek:which Craig

mcat
12-06-2008, 02:14 PM
which Craig

but then a again, i can see how easy it is to lose patience on this board

Rick93coupe
12-06-2008, 02:20 PM
That's where the, "if you were ever on the dozen" clause comes into play.

YouGotJunk
12-06-2008, 02:22 PM
I think the people of the board has spoken (poll results). Now we'll just see if the Dictatorship the lies within takes over..

Maximus
12-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Pssst. The DD area is still public.:)

Go find something else to Whine/complain/Bitch about.:lol: