PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Stay Away From Sprint!!!

PonymanfiveO
12-08-2008, 04:23 PM
If you dont remember seeing my threads in the past, I have had nothing but hell dealing with Sprint.

I have been lied to, cheated, and they even stole from me! :eek:

The flip on my IC902 broke again last weekend. I took it in today to have it repaired and was made aware of their new Insurance Policy. Apparently a broken flip is considered "physical" damage and they no longer cover that with the $5 per month they have been getting from me for over 4 years. It will cost me $100 to have my phone fixed.

I just spent over an hour on the phone with Customer Service and they didn't want to help me out at all. I was polite and nice for as long as I could be, but I finally had to get angry before she would put her supervisor on the line.
They reviewed my account and looked over all the notes of previous problems and still no help. I tried to terminate my account and its going to end up costing me $200 to close it. After being a loyal and patient customer for years and years of problems, mistakes, bad customer service, terrible phone coverage, and being unhappy with my plans, they are still going to walk away and shove my $200 in their greedy fucking pockets!!!!
This is so fucking unfair!!!! :mad:

I will do everything in my power to turn potential customers away from them.

If you have Sprint and are a happy customer, I'm glad for you. I wish I could say the same, but I have been fucked, and fucked , and fucked over again by them. I hope they choke on the last $200 they get from me. I will be so happy when that business goes under because I know its coming. You cant treat people like that and expect to continue to make money!

If you are in the market for a new phone, stay away from Sprint!!!!!!

PonymanfiveO
12-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Thread from back in May....

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43829&highlight=sprint

Mustard
12-08-2008, 04:38 PM
everyone I know that has used them has nothing but problems.

facemelter71
12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
I got rid of them.
I bought the Blade the day it hit the market with CASH MONEY in the store over on Kemper.353 bucks of MY MONEY,CASH.
They had marked on my account that I used my rebate for a new phone.I gladly called customer service and talked politly with "it" for as long as I could.They pretty much told me thats the way it is.I came unglued and went off in a tangent about how shitty there customer service is and that I cant understand the shitty jibberish coming from there mouth and that I should get my damn rebate back because I paid in full with cash.

I gave the phone to my mom and moved over to Verizon.

Stangman
12-08-2008, 04:48 PM
When I worked for Sara Lee, the entire company was switching from Sprint/Nextel to AT&T and Verizon...

and that was not the first corporation I've heard of to do that. What does that tell you when an entire company gives em the finger? :lol:

I don't see how these companies survive. seriously.

cobrajoe
12-08-2008, 05:05 PM
wow, I've had some minor things but they resolved them. Now I have a connection locally I deal with so that may be part of why I have had good luck. I just picked up two Rumors(LG) yesterday. I broke a clip this morning and they just switched it out. Sorry to hear you had trouble Matt.

Mista Bone
12-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Still with Nextel (thanks Mike!) and no contract.

I refuse to get a flip phone, to easy to damage. My Motorola i265 is still doing great after 4 years.

black90lx
12-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Go to Verizon that who i have and i have been really happy with them. I was with cincinnati bell and i was paying $5 a month for insurance and come to find out all it covered was manufactures defects. They are a bunch of jackasses. Lol

Foxxx5oh
12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
When I worked for Sara Lee, the entire company was switching from Sprint/Nextel to AT&T and Verizon...

and that was not the first corporation I've heard of to do that. What does that tell you when an entire company gives em the finger? :lol:

I don't see how these companies survive. seriously.

thats what we did where i work and nobodys been complaining

mustang112
12-08-2008, 09:00 PM
wow, that sucks. one of my buddies just closed his account with them too because of phone bills being wrong all the time. $200 for him to close the account too.

mach_u
12-08-2008, 09:05 PM
That sucks to hear. Rachel and I have had Sprint for a few years now and worked with Justin (camaro86shocker) @ sprint for quite some time. I have had some coverage issues with them but he has always been great to work with. :bigthumb

12seclx
12-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I was thinking about looking into Sprint when my contract with AT&T runs out but I think I'll take your word for it and stay away....

These cell phone companies are crooks... No 2 ways about it... I had Verizon for the longest time and no coverage issues but 2 of my bills were insanely high.... I swear I didn't increase my phone usage or anything.. I tried to work with them on helping me out and they wouldn't do anything...

I can't really complain about at&t, no coverage complaints and my bills are always the same....

Sorry about the bad dealings man... I remember the day I dropped Verizon.. I was so p*ssed, I think I could've poured boiling water down my throat and p*ssed ice cubes..:lol:

cstreu1026
12-08-2008, 10:01 PM
I have had ATT, Verizon, and Nextel. Nextel's coverage is AWFUL! Verizon's is very good but they were a little more expensive. ATT is reasonable and the only provider for the iPhone I will be getting soon. :D I still have Nextel for work but its little more than a paper weight.

aperacer
12-08-2008, 10:38 PM
The firehouse/township had nextel/sprint. almost all of us had it to for you personal use. i would say in less than a year the entire fire dept/township changed to verizon.. nextel got so expensive and the coverage was total shit. verizon has been great. just my two cents worth...

billy69mach
12-08-2008, 11:00 PM
sprint is a rip off. i cant wait till my contract is up. i have had service with them for 7 or 8 years and they were good at first. but now you got to watch them they like to try to sneak stuff on your bill.

Holly
12-08-2008, 11:07 PM
I have had Sprint for 10 years, same number, bunches of phones (I trade up whenever I can for a minimal price, never over $50).

I have never had any trouble with Sprint, whatsoever (coverage, no dropped calls, cheap bill, adding a phone line, dropping a phone line, hating a phone and trading it in). I don't think ANY cell phone provider is 100% perfect. I have hear horror stories from every provider out there. I'm sticking with Sprint, they have always done me right (thanks Mike), and I'm loving my new Katana Eclipse X. ;)

Mista Bone
12-08-2008, 11:40 PM
With my Nextel, I only have coverage issues in one certain area in Cincinnati.

Salem and Sutton Road down to the hole around Old Coney.....

VuNiT3
12-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Sprint screwed me royally 4 years ago before they even merged with Nextel. I fuckin hate them. I have been with Matt when he has had to go rounds with these people. Anytime he has called, no one has ever been able to provide useful information.

I bought Matt a Blackberry Pearl and added him to my plan as an early Christmas gift. I switched from Sprint/Nextel to Verizon, best decision I have ever made.

RACEME
12-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Sprint screwed me royally 4 years ago before they even merged with Nextel. I fuckin hate them. I have been with Matt when he has had to go rounds with these people. Anytime he has called, no one has ever been able to provide useful information.

I bought Matt a Blackberry Pearl and added him to my plan as an early Christmas gift. I switched from Sprint/Nextel to Verizon, best decision I have ever made.

Hmmm.. a little more leverage to get that ring!

MrsAPE
12-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Hmmm.. a little more leverage to get that ring!
Someone's always gotta bring up the ring huh?! :lol:

KobraII
12-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Sprint sucked when we had them. My family switched from Sprint and Nextel to ATT, and haven't looked back since

PaulFiveOh
12-09-2008, 09:57 AM
It really helps to have friends that work in the corporate stores. I have had Sprint for 2 years now. I always have the lastest and greatest phone and never pay a dime for it. I have the insurance thing and when a new phone comes out I will just turn mine in as broke and they will give me a the new one. Just helps to have your buddies working for them.

Also - if at all possible get on an employee plan or business plan. They ring in to domestic customer support and are a lot easier to deal with than those Indian fucks.

Stangman
12-09-2008, 10:02 AM
I remember the day I dropped Verizon.. I was so p*ssed, I think I could've poured boiling water down my throat and p*ssed ice cubes..:lol:

Wouldn't that be the other way around???

PaulFiveOh
12-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Wouldn't that be the other way around???

:agree: :lol:

99Slobra
12-09-2008, 12:26 PM
lol at Sprint.

R825OH
12-09-2008, 06:54 PM
:tard:

Camaro86SHOCKER
12-10-2008, 12:52 AM
like i said over on fomf, might wanna check what i had to say over there but i'm telling ya, your not accomplishing anything by making these rants and frankly im tired of reading them.
I promise i can make you whole again and happy if you let me look into your situation. The deal is i fix this all for you and you get on here and revoke your statements and say that Justin is the man! lol. Seriously shoot me an email with your phone number in it and i'll fix your problem and make you happy. What do you have to lose?
Justin.Robbins@Sprint.com

BIGRED Z
12-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Also - if at all possible get on an employee plan or business plan. They ring in to domestic customer support and are a lot easier to deal with than those Indian fucks.

I have an old SERO plan (emp plan) and I love it. I have unlimited everything included, texting, gps, web, etc. I have the $30 plan for 500 min and my hubby has a $50 plan with 1750 min. $80 for 2 phones with everything included...yeah, I'll be staying with Sprint. And we just upgraded to new phones. I love the new Rant. :bigthumb

02mingryGT
12-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I usded to have Sprint many years ago but switched to Cingular (AT&T). I didn't have any major problems with them except when I first bought my phone and plan I was roaming in my house. I called and explained this to customer service and the first response I received was "Well Sir, if your outside the area of coverage your roaming". So I said "Really, because I'm standing in my living room. So did you sell me a plan that has me roaming in my own residence?" At that she said "oh"
and put me on hold and within a minute the roam sign went off my phone. But other than that no problems. I'd have to agree with Holly that every company has it's own horror stories. I think it's luck of the draw.

Mike
12-11-2008, 12:44 PM
If you dont remember seeing my threads in the past, I have had nothing but hell dealing with Sprint.

I have been lied to, cheated, and they even stole from me! :eek:

The flip on my IC902 broke again last weekend. I took it in today to have it repaired and was made aware of their new Insurance Policy. Apparently a broken flip is considered "physical" damage and they no longer cover that with the $5 per month they have been getting from me for over 4 years. It will cost me $100 to have my phone fixed.

I just spent over an hour on the phone with Customer Service and they didn't want to help me out at all. I was polite and nice for as long as I could be, but I finally had to get angry before she would put her supervisor on the line.
They reviewed my account and looked over all the notes of previous problems and still no help. I tried to terminate my account and its going to end up costing me $200 to close it. After being a loyal and patient customer for years and years of problems, mistakes, bad customer service, terrible phone coverage, and being unhappy with my plans, they are still going to walk away and shove my $200 in their greedy fucking pockets!!!!
This is so fucking unfair!!!! :mad:

I will do everything in my power to turn potential customers away from them.

If you have Sprint and are a happy customer, I'm glad for you. I wish I could say the same, but I have been fucked, and fucked , and fucked over again by them. I hope they choke on the last $200 they get from me. I will be so happy when that business goes under because I know its coming. You cant treat people like that and expect to continue to make money!

If you are in the market for a new phone, stay away from Sprint!!!!!!

:( Sorry to hear about this stuff man...

Let me see what I can do. Is your account already cancelled?

NaomiDstangLvr
12-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm a T-Mobile kind of girl. Been with them for 2 years or so. I get a discount through work. I like them. Haven't had any problems.

mb88coupe
12-11-2008, 11:18 PM
i wish i could pay $200 to cancel my sprint contract but they want $300 per line for me to cancel, thats bull shit !! im in the same boat with ya but im gonna pay the $600 to get the F%*^k away from them and go with verizon been with sprint for 6 years and hated the last 3 years.... and also every sprint store arround me closed so i have to drive 50 min to a shit hole sprint store ......

dirtyone55
12-12-2008, 03:15 AM
you people are sitting here bashing sprint like crazy, which if they are giving you a hard time is understandable, but in this thread alone, there have been two people who work with sprint who have offerd to help you out. Why don't you give them a try, and if they can't help you, then go another way, but my point is that you have people reaching out to help you because they are in the position to do so. Take what they are offering you and see what they can do for you. You may be surprised as to what can be done by somebody who actually cares. For example, a few months back, somebody posted how much they hated sprint and such, Mike offered assistance and helped the person out, and they were happy with what he had done. Give these two guys offering help a chance to work their magic.

facemelter71
12-12-2008, 10:37 AM
It was the same person as the OP who posted before.
And you cant fix shitty customer service.My Sprint rep was freakin awesome.But there customer service is in the crapper.

mb88coupe
12-12-2008, 08:55 PM
that pretty much says it all. the signal sucks i could be inside the sprint store and be in rome thats sweet service right?

1992MustangDW
12-12-2008, 09:00 PM
I had sprint b-4 service sucked out by williamsburg!!!

PaulFiveOh
12-13-2008, 02:44 AM
b-4

Really?

BradleyGT
12-13-2008, 09:45 PM
I currently have Sprint and have had them for years and with no problems. I live in Williamsburg and the service is perfect my friends have Verizon and they can't use their phones at my house b/c no service. I also have the insurance plan and when I want a new phone I tell them it's broke:D:D But anyways good luck with your situation I hope it gets resolved.

glassman
12-20-2008, 02:29 AM
Go into the location and pay them the 200 in pennys and have them count them with you to make sure you are done with them. :lol: