PDA

View Full Version : Hotrod power tour 2009

mustangjon
12-13-2008, 06:03 PM
here is an email forwarded to me, This year the power tour is coming near us, so figured i would post it up, I'm personally thinking of going to the last 3 stops the somerset on section, I could possibly work with armond and organize hotel for the last 3 stops if any of our club here wants to go. I'll post up as I get more info and more info comes to me, Hopefully a mod will sticky this since it is several months away but i think this could be fun for members that have "steetable cars" lol.:bigthumb

""""Every year, starting about now, I keep an eye out for board members (LoL as well as www.fordvschevy.com) who are "in the area" of where the Power Tour will pass through. "In the area" to me means within a few hours.

If you are not familiar with the Power Tour, look in at www.hotrod.com
You can find info on the upcoming Tour as well as looking up previous.
We have a sticky in the Cruises, Shows and Meets forum at LoL. It has info on the schedule as well as motels we are staying at.
Also take a look at pictures from the last 3 years of the Power Tour in the Power Tour Gallery.

For the last few years we have had a core group who Long Hauls together. Usually staying at the same motels and definitely sticking together 99% of the time. Every year there is also several board members (LoL and FvC) who join us for at least one leg/day, sometimes more. EVERYBODY who does a leg/day with us always wishes they could have or would have done more.

I see you are in Elsmere, KY. That puts you "in the area" of a few days. Please take a look and give strong consideration to joining the fun.
If you have any questions, ASK.
Email me, PM me or you can call me if you wish to discuss it in real time."""

oh it ends at bristol to boot this year... great place to finish :)
http://www.hotrod.com/2009powertour/index.html

leroy93lx
12-13-2008, 07:14 PM
We are going from the South Bend, Indiana stop to Tennessee. Wisconsin is just to far away for me to go! Im lazy

mustangjon
12-13-2008, 07:26 PM
im either going to pick up at south bend or somerset.. i would hate to drive out somewhere only to drive back past where i live lol.

mustangboy
12-13-2008, 08:02 PM
I really want to try to do it with the stang however I may need someone that can haul some extra cans of e85. I think I can make it to Cincy to L'vile ok but it might be tight from there to Somerset. Also form Somerset it going to be very tight as well. Maybe I'll hit the lottery and be able to put some Trick Flow heads on and run pump gas and not have to worry about it.

latamud
12-13-2008, 11:52 PM
I drove the 66 in HRPT 07. I plan to do the LongHaul again. If you run conservative rear gears and taller tires it helps on the highway, oh and a 6 speed. I was planning on gathering up a group during the tour having a bash somewhere in Dayton on day 5. Or maybe try to get a group together at Dayton Performance.

Pops Fun
12-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Hi
Interested in at least part of it, June should be good vert weather!!

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=39.564916&lon=-85.80506&zoom=6&q1=madison,wi&q2=racine,wi&q3=south%20bend,%20in&q4=warren,%20mi&q5=dayton,%20oh&q6=somerset,%20ky&q7=bristol,tn

Edit: Is this a family thing?? or mostly boys with there toys??

latamud
12-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi
Interested in at least part of it, June should be good vert weather!!

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=39.564916&lon=-85.80506&zoom=6&q1=madison,wi&q2=racine,wi&q3=south%20bend,%20in&q4=warren,%20mi&q5=dayton,%20oh&q6=somerset,%20ky&q7=bristol,tn

Edit: Is this a family thing?? or mostly boys with there toys??

A lot of people brought their significant other. Every day end with a main event. Most days included a free breakfast or lunch stop along the way. The group that organizes it for HotRod mag is called "Family Events".

mustangjon
12-14-2008, 05:02 PM
yah i may or may not have my kiddo with me, since she does make it hard to look at other cars in detail i'm gonna try to get someone to watch her... but either way im going :)