PDA

View Full Version : man vs wild

plattner01
12-14-2008, 06:00 PM
cool show about surving the harsh areas of the world, but one of the down sides of this show was watching this guy drink his own urine:eek::eek::tard: as a last resort in the desert

Rich
12-14-2008, 06:55 PM
The Host, Bear Gillis (?) was recently injured pretty badly while on an expedition. I do enjoy watching that and Survivor Man.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10547025

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-14-2008, 09:31 PM
At first, i was all about Man Vs. Wild until a lot of his "stunts" were revealed on the internet as little more than putting on a show. Sure, the guy has amazing physical ability and i respect that, but his show is more about "look at what i can do" and not so much about real deal survival (even though i'm sure he very well can survive in the wild with the best of'em). Now, Les Stroud on the other hand, that guy is badass. He doesn't have the hardcore physical ability that Bear has, but he goes out completely alone and even does all the filming himself...that turns the tide in his favor for me.

plattner01
12-14-2008, 10:02 PM
the show that was on today was pretty good , besides the urine drinking he got stung by a bee and both of his eyes swelled and looked damn funny.

Rick93coupe
12-14-2008, 10:24 PM
I like both the shows. It is more realistic when there isn't a camera crew, because you know they have food if they need it. Either guy could last much longer than the average joe in a bad situation. It's all about being resourceful. Drinking piss, yeah its nasty, but I'd take a swig if I thought I was about to die from dehydration. At least its sterile.