PDA

View Full Version : looking into trailers

05yellowgt
12-15-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm looking for an enclosed trailer to tow my car in since I have my 08 F150 to tow with now. It is a Supercrew 6.5ft bed 4x4 with towing package and 3.55's (I know I should probably look into upgrading gears) with a 9200lb tow rating.

I'm looking for something to tow cars plus tools. What brands are good and which ones should I steer away from? What about 5th wheels?

Any input would be appreciated.

89notch
12-15-2008, 01:00 PM
For an f150 with an enclosed trailer I would look into a featherlite its more expensive but much lighter and last longer. Never have to worry about rust damage etc with the featherlite and you will never have to worry about weight being an issue

mustangboy
12-15-2008, 02:00 PM
There is also ATC (aluminum tralier company)which is located down in KY, they should come up if you google them.

beefcake
12-16-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm looking for an enclosed trailer to tow my car in since I have my 08 F150 to tow with now. It is a Supercrew 6.5ft bed 4x4 with towing package and 3.55's (I know I should probably look into upgrading gears) with a 9200lb tow rating.

I'm looking for something to tow cars plus tools. What brands are good and which ones should I steer away from? What about 5th wheels?

Any input would be appreciated.

it will probably tow the 9200, the ford rating with the 3.55 is officially 8200 and with the 3.73 9200, no rating for 4.10's as the crew is not available with them, of course you could add them if you wanted

Black Horse
12-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Mine is a Pace, great trailer. The Featherlights are good but way overpriced for what you get.

05yellowgt
12-16-2008, 10:23 AM
it will probably tow the 9200, the ford rating with the 3.55 is officially 8200 and with the 3.73 9200, no rating for 4.10's as the crew is not available with them, of course you could add them if you wanted
Looks like even more of a reason to upgrade. I'm really looking at a set of wheels and tires for the truck now plus a leveling kit. BTW I was on Beechmont's site the other day and the girlfriend goes, I really like that lifted black one. I said, you mean the one that I wanted but you told me I wasn't allowed to get since you couldn't get in it? I just thought that was a bit amusing

INSANEBA
12-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Looks like even more of a reason to upgrade. I'm really looking at a set of wheels and tires for the truck now plus a leveling kit. BTW I was on Beechmont's site the other day and the girlfriend goes, I really like that lifted black one. I said, you mean the one that I wanted but you told me I wasn't allowed to get since you couldn't get in it? I just thought that was a bit amusing

NEVER let the misses pick your truck. Youll end up with a "cute" lil ranger or something lol. I drive a lifted Ram 4x4 with 36's on it. My girl 5'2" bitches about the climb, but loves it when I help her. Oh, and I get to cop a feel too lol:D

cstreu1026
12-16-2008, 10:40 AM

Do you not see something wrong with that? :lol:

05yellowgt
12-16-2008, 11:45 AM
NEVER let the misses pick your truck. Youll end up with a "cute" lil ranger or something lol. I drive a lifted Ram 4x4 with 36's on it. My girl 5'2" bitches about the climb, but loves it when I help her. Oh, and I get to cop a feel too lol:D
Oh I ended up with exactly the truck I wanted, It just might get a suprise lift and 35's sometime down the road.

NUTTSGT
12-17-2008, 09:17 AM
You might want to check out Beyer Trailer sales. A buddy of mine would recommend him big time. He's a racer too, so he understands the needs of racers. What you have should pull fine.

Timido
12-17-2008, 08:03 PM
www.Racingjunk.com lots of trailers for sale.

Byrd Man
12-17-2008, 10:27 PM
www.Racingjunk.com lots of trailers for sale.

X2, Thats where we found our all aluminum trailer. IMO its the best place to shop for used trailers. I would constantly browse the new and used trailers. I found the one we got within one hour after the seller posted it. The seller held the trailer on my word until we were able to go to Livernois, MI to check it out.