PDA

View Full Version : Front motor plate

91lxnos
12-17-2008, 11:38 AM
I have a 97gt and I am doing a 351w swap. I want to run a front motor plate and a K-member w/o the motor mount pads. Is there a way to locate the motor plate tabs w/o having to set the motor in? I dont want to have to buy a K-member with pads just to grind them off. Is there any measurements for the motor plate tab mounting points out there? Thanks

JASON408
12-17-2008, 10:09 PM
The eazist way to do it is to put the motor and trans togther the put it in the car and bolt up the crossmember for the trans then just keep lifting the motor up with the houst till you get your angle right on the motor . A side note remeber they make a stock and a ceter loction for the motor when you order your motor plate

91lxnos
12-18-2008, 03:01 PM
The eazist way to do it is to put the motor and trans togther the put it in the car and bolt up the crossmember for the trans then just keep lifting the motor up with the houst till you get your angle right on the motor . A side note remeber they make a stock and a ceter loction for the motor when you order your motor plate

What would be the advantage to a stock/center mount motorplate?

JASON408
12-18-2008, 04:07 PM
motors in mustangs are offset a few inches if you center it up all the driveline is straight so you have less stress and free up a few hp and all the weight it centered up on the car

91lxnos
12-19-2008, 06:15 PM
motors in mustangs are offset a few inches if you center it up all the driveline is straight so you have less stress and free up a few hp and all the weight it centered up on the car

Cool, thanks Jason