PDA

View Full Version : Are there any other cars that have similar suspension to a 91 Fox?

1slow5.O
12-19-2008, 01:04 AM
I've googled, I've searched, I've asked Jeeves. And I can't find a solid answer.

My stang needs pretty much the entire front-end. Rack and Pinion, The complete Knuckles and cross member. As you guys know trying to find a decent parts car with ANYTHING on them left is hard enough. I've been wondering if anything off the Crown Vics would be the same? Maybe the brake knuckles or something.

Or If anyone can point me in the direction of a good informative site with just hundreds of stickys and facts about mustang. Don't get me wrong I love this site, But its just kinda hard to find detailed information. I'm looking for diagrams and and just break downs of doing things.

Thanks for any help

mustangboy
12-19-2008, 01:08 AM
If you post in the wtb section I'm sure you could pretty much find everything your looking for on this sight. Also why would you put a stock k-member back in a car? BTW I believe Fairmonts had pretty much the same front suspension as mustangs except for they use the 4cyl size spindles.

mustangjon
12-19-2008, 08:05 AM
or if your replacing k member anyhow you can do the sn95 spindle swap....

thunderbird and cougars were also fox platform but i believe like my lincoln they front a-arms are slightly different.

DeckerEnt
12-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Like Kenny said, if you are going to be replacing everything anyway, do a tubular K member. I didn't on mine but I wish I did. Cincy speed has em stacked up in stock. Then everything stock bolts up to that and stuff like ball joints and tie rods are cheap.
Keith

1slow5.O
12-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Any good brand names when it comes to the replacing the K-members?

I'm guessing the Sn95 swap will work from about any newer mustang? EDIT: 94-95 is what i want right?

I'm a noob from hell guys sorry, I've spent my entire life under the hoods of Hondas, and Now I have a Jeep and a Mustang, I'm learning ...slowly. I've been googling alot things so its helping

91boost
12-19-2008, 10:34 AM
sn95brakes.com will tell what works.

thecollector
12-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Ive got a stock power rack for sale, $50 takes it. PM me if want to check it out or pick it up.