PDA

View Full Version : Nobody doing Cavalcade this year?

Stang 38L
12-22-2008, 03:26 PM
My club will be down near the entrance along with mine and my brother's stangs.

mustangjon
12-22-2008, 09:14 PM
i'm gonna be working there blah... sat 10-6 i'll be at the big tire discounter booth so feel free to come make fun of me :tard:

DeckerEnt
12-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Putting some new tires on your car Jon and displaying it?
Keith

bobtsgt
12-22-2008, 10:57 PM
we didn't sign up due to all the projects and no time to spend getting everything done. We'll probably be in it next year though.

plattner01
12-23-2008, 02:11 AM
i'm gonna be working there blah... sat 10-6 i'll be at the big tire discounter booth so feel free to come make fun of me :tard:

well if we dont make fun of you:lol: at the show can we get some tires for free:bigthumb:eek: or at least a good discount;)

Kevin1989
01-09-2009, 02:35 AM
anyone going to have any cars in down there?? im going down with my buddies tomorrow at 3 when the doors open.

bobtsgt
01-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Go look for Tony and the gang.They will have the Side FX sign.

Kevin1989
01-09-2009, 02:58 PM
i dont know any body really from the site but anyone have their cars???

craigels
01-10-2009, 11:31 AM
We got a last minute call for mom's car, but didn't have time to clean it up and really didn't feel like dealing with it on short notice. Maybe next year again.

Craig

PaulFiveOh
01-10-2009, 11:59 AM

Do you know a young kid, little older than me, named JC?

Blackpony
01-10-2009, 08:51 PM
went to the show today and now i remember why i don't go to that show. I wasn't impressed

mustangjon
01-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Do you know a young kid, little older than me, named JC?

yah i know of him, was a tire changer convert over to assistant manager... never really spoke to him tho

Mr.Moontang
01-11-2009, 12:21 AM
went to the show today and now i remember why i don't go to that show. I wasn't impressed

All I have to say about the show this year is there were a hand full of cars that were nice, the rest were :barf: this is just my opinion and I'm entitled to it...:D

347sc
01-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Not much to look at. Got tired of seeing all the stupid stickers across the windshields.

rpppaprp
01-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Did anyone see any 79-93 cars? I saw a early 80s convertible but thats all i could find. Some of the old rusty and primered cars looked neat. I wouldn't mind having one of them.

FireStang02
01-11-2009, 11:12 AM
All I have to say about the show this year is there were a hand full of cars that were nice, the rest were :barf: this is just my opinion and I'm entitled to it...:D

I am gonna have to agree with ya both. I wasn't impressed at all. Not nearly as many cool muscle cars. I felt like I was in a garage on an episode of MTV Cribs downstairs and a car audio competition upstairs.

Blackpony
01-11-2009, 11:17 AM
i did like the older chevys that were outside the show in the hall by the motorcross ball.

Cherry Blossom
01-11-2009, 12:45 PM

There were cars there??? Had too much fun playing with my Birthday Present! I love Regan!!!

excopcar
01-11-2009, 01:15 PM
i was at cavalcade yesterday with beentryin on here it was okay.:bangwall:

gtbadboy
01-11-2009, 06:47 PM
I agree

1992MustangDW
01-11-2009, 07:06 PM
it sucked. The Mustang upstairs was the best stang there. I seen stang 38L guess he didnt feel like talking though, told him i was apart of stangbangerz and turned away from me.

PaulFiveOh
01-11-2009, 07:28 PM
I stopped going when it became a Marketing orgy of complete shit products. Every year the applicants get smaller and smaller....I heard there was over a 40% reduction this year compared to last.

The FOMF guys always have some sweet rides though which I like to see but thats about it.

banginstang07
01-11-2009, 07:39 PM
it sucked. The Mustang upstairs was the best stang there. I seen stang 38L guess he didnt feel like talking though, told him i was apart of stangbangerz and turned away from me.

that thing was sick i'd love to do something like that to mine... i wasnt too impresed this year way too many spade cars imo... also did anyone see the bently at the meguires booth paint looked like crap till they worked there magic on it.

Stang 38L
01-11-2009, 10:38 PM

I did? Well if I came off as rude, I apologize. I honestly didnt mean to come off that way. I remember someone asking me if any other stangbangerz guys were in the show.

SWEET GT
01-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I talked to a few mustang guys..and hope I wasnt rude to anyone either.

PONYGRL
01-12-2009, 09:33 AM

We went on Saturday and in my opinion it was JUST "better than last year." I wasn't very impressed last year either, but it was okay.

I thought some of the old hot rods were cool to look at for a change, but it depends on if you are into that.

There were some nice cars, wish there were more stangs though.

BradleyGT
01-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I wish I could have made it but was too busy....oh well maybe next year....doesn't sound like I missed much.

ihave1sweetride
01-12-2009, 11:04 AM
The FOMF guys always have some sweet rides though which I like to see but thats about it.

FOMF will be back for the 50th next year.. it's already in the works.

ponymom05
01-12-2009, 12:58 PM
I will definately have the red car in next year w/ FOMF. That was a blast. I didn't put in this year when asked 'cause the gang wasn't going, didn't want to go by myself.

slvr87cpe
01-12-2009, 01:38 PM
all i can say is i hope spade split cost with koi and what a way to ruin a nice challenger and what does it take to just wash your car before you take it there...there was several cars that looked like they was just driven off the street and parked ?

mustangboy
01-12-2009, 01:45 PM
there was several cars that looked like they was just driven off the street and parked

I have a friend that did that. His was the green Model A back by the concession stang in the old skool section. He has old style slicks on it and drives the thing everywhere.

slvr87cpe
01-12-2009, 01:53 PM
thats not what is was talking about i love the rat rods it was the other cars a mustang a corvette upstairs :bigthumb

347sc
01-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Why put a basically stock car in? Really they have to be different or stand out to make it worth looking at. There was a stock looking 05+ up stairs. WHY? If I want to see new cars I will go to a dealer and do it for free. Waste of time and money.
And I agree clean them up. The black GT on the lower level should have parked in the garage across the street. Fuel injected suicide machine my ass. unless its unsafe to drive and by the looks it was. A car like Moontangs could cleaned house.

Stang 38L
01-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Why put a basically stock car in? Really they have to be different or stand out to make it worth looking at. There was a stock looking 05+ up stairs. WHY? If I want to see new cars I will go to a dealer and do it for free. Waste of time and money.
And I agree clean them up. The black GT on the lower level should have parked in the garage across the street. Fuel injected suicide machine my ass. unless its unsafe to drive and by the looks it was. A car like Moontangs could cleaned house.

That wasnt a GT on the first floor. It was a V6. No power adder, no bottle. His sign stated he had 324rwhp. I wanted to call the owner out, but didnt see anyone by the car. I was pretty pissed off they let that thing in there. It even had a rattle canned hood.

On a side note, I did take Best in my class.

347sc
01-12-2009, 03:24 PM
AH I didn't want to get close to it because I hadn't had a tetanus shot yet.

You car was clean. Congrats on the win

SWEET GT
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
AH I didn't want to get close to it because I hadn't had a tetanus shot yet.

You car was clean. Congrats on the win

I took 2nd to him :) Sucks always competing against him, but I dont mind losing to him either...

relaxednoma
01-12-2009, 05:42 PM
i worked the show again. For those that were on the 3rd floor last year, we managed to work out a good strategy to get everyone out quicker this year. I was home and in bed by 12:30 this year. I didnt get a chance to stop and really talk to anyone (sideFx etc) except when I was on the 3rd floor running around.

I did however talk to foose. He signed a picture of himself made out to my soon to be daughter, gracie lynn (we are at UC right now, she's been induced, just waiting now) as well as signed the inside bill of my ///RA hat and one of his car that was there 2 years ago. Hella nice guy. The 50th, IMO will be huge with lots of quality rides, great organization as well. And yes, Spade def. had a LOT of floor space...

mustangjon
01-12-2009, 09:14 PM
well i heard it was possible rumored they actually asked spade to help fill in some the voids. Just like the string of Spade cars that were near my booth, the nsx, lambo ect, were rumored to have been shane grahams. Also heard spade wasnt doing to hot business wise, so might have also been a last hoorah lol

Stang 38L
01-12-2009, 11:52 PM
The Grammas owned the Lambo and Bentley if Im not mistaken. Shayne owned the red Bentley over by the Spade trailer.

1992MustangDW
01-13-2009, 11:05 AM
hey stang 38l thanks for the apology, I realize you prolly have alot going on. Car did look really good tho.

Stang 38L
01-13-2009, 11:09 AM
hey stang 38l thanks for the apology, I realize you prolly have alot going on. Car did look really good tho.

Thanks. :)

slvr87cpe
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
so that explains why there was no hot chicks at their booth this year :(

93cobra
01-13-2009, 03:00 PM
most everything out there these days are junk "95 out of 100 anyway.."

very few people these days actually understand what "quality" or "done right" is...

be a restoration, original...whatever...

not only cars...

any kind of services....i've been reminded over & over again the past 5 months building my house....you hire "the best" and still 9 out of 10 times...get half ass work & half ass service which you have to fight & demand fixed & redone or no one is getting paid

american way these days...

12seclx
01-13-2009, 03:13 PM
most everything out there these days are junk "95 out of 100 anyway.."

very few people these days actually understand what "quality" or "done right" is...

be a restoration, original...whatever...

not only cars...

any kind of services....i've been reminded over & over again the past 5 months building my house....you hire "the best" and still 9 out of 10 times...get half ass work & half ass service which you have to fight & demand fixed & redone or no one is getting paid

american way these days...

:nono:..........:lol:

Stangman
01-13-2009, 05:06 PM
i worked the show again. For those that were on the 3rd floor last year, we managed to work out a good strategy to get everyone out quicker this year. I was home and in bed by 12:30 this year. I didnt get a chance to stop and really talk to anyone (sideFx etc) except when I was on the 3rd floor running around.

I did however talk to foose. He signed a picture of himself made out to my soon to be daughter, gracie lynn (we are at UC right now, she's been induced, just waiting now) as well as signed the inside bill of my ///RA hat and one of his car that was there 2 years ago. Hella nice guy. The 50th, IMO will be huge with lots of quality rides, great organization as well. And yes, Spade def. had a LOT of floor space...

I looked all over for you and your truck....

relaxednoma
01-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I looked all over for you and your truck....

There were a few reasons it didnt make it. Didnt get back a few misc. interior things from the chrome guy in Michigan, didnt get the interior stuff painted, and didnt get striping on the outside finished.

It'll be there next year though Gotta make the 50th for sure!

7721Cobra
01-24-2009, 06:23 PM
There were cars there??? Had too much fun playing with my Birthday Present! I love Regan!!!

And she loves you! I though it was funny the way she was looking at cars LOL