PDA

View Full Version : Tachometer

MustangChuck
01-04-2009, 01:47 AM
Hey all. This wont happen for a while but I figured I would still post this. One of these days I want to bore out my engine. That means that I will redline at a lower RPM. When I do end up doing this I want to get a tach that will fit into where the stock tach goes. Preferably one with the adjustable redline marker like on the Sunpros or one with a shift light that I can rig up in the dash. Does anyone know of anything like this?

Goober
01-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Not one of those, but an Autometer small shift lite would work.Like one of these:

http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessorieslist.aspx?pid=2

You use plug in "pills" to adjust the rpm that they turn on at. And when you have the cover off, they are BRIGHT!

MustangChuck
01-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Cool so these will plug into pretty much any tach? Do you know of any aftermarket tach that will fit into where the stock one goes?

Foxxx5oh
01-04-2009, 11:08 AM
http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessorieslist.aspx?pid=48

these seem like they would work well

MustangChuck
01-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Ok. People correct me if I am wrong but on one of my other forums I am on someone told me that I wouldnt need to adjust my redline if I bore the engine out. Is this true? Because for some reason I figured that i would seeing as the little 4 cyliner cars and the bikes have really high redlines and tiny cylinders.

mustang8998
01-04-2009, 12:09 PM
After you bore it, put in new ARP rod and main bolts.

That gives better hardware and could redline even higher.

69428SCJ
01-06-2009, 12:01 AM
If you increase the stroke you'd want to be more conscious of your redline, boring it doesn't mean decrease of redline. Put a whipple or KB and be done with it...then maybe you can approach the Coolness that is my cobra ;)

Mista Bone
01-06-2009, 02:09 AM
Ok. People correct me if I am wrong but on one of my other forums I am on someone told me that I wouldnt need to adjust my redline if I bore the engine out. Is this true? Because for some reason I figured that i would seeing as the little 4 cyliner cars and the bikes have really high redlines and tiny cylinders.

All about the piston speed, boring does nothing to change the piston speed.

Rod to stroke ratio and side loading of the cylinder walls has ALOT move effect on the RPM limit.

(little 4 cylinder guy)