Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Have any of you single people wanted to say f it and remain single? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you single people wanted to say f it and remain single?

92StangMan
01-04-2009, 01:47 AM
On one end of the spectrum I know quite a few people due to the nature of my past and present jobs, but on the other you could say I am closed off in a way because you quickly realize how many people are full of shit and lie to you without any remorse. Combine this with a very cynical attitude towards relationships and you pretty much have a recipe for a non-existent relationship-type love life.

My life stays fairly busy, not overwhelmingly busy, but busy enough that I really don't think "I'd like to be in a relationship." Sometimes the thought will cross into my mind but it's rare. Every now and then I'll run into a girl who catches my attention that isn't boring, and I decide to give it a shot.

Even though I haven't known this girl for a few weeks, she seemed interesting and we'd talk on the phone for a few hours at a time. A couple of nights ago she asked me when we were going to get together and get some food, and I brought up next weekend (not this one, the following one) and she acted a little upset since it was so far away but never said anything.

The past few days we haven't spoken too much and I had a weird feeling. Well, tonight I go eat with a few friends and see her eating with some other dude. I thought about walking up to the table and making the situation a little uncomfortable to her (not being loud or drawing attention, just being a dick to where she got the point) but decided not to do so and just forget about the whole situation.

This is what irritates the shit out of me by most people. I am a very straight forward person and tell you how I feel and expect the same in return. If she would have said from the get-go that there was another guy she was semi-interested in and wanted to see where things would go, I would have understood and completely respected her honesty. Instead, people go behind your back and give a big fuck you. Many things I can tolerate but being disrespected isn't one of them.

It is shit like this that just makes me want to say fuck dating all together. It's pointless for the most part. Sure there might be a girl out there who's suited for me and vice versa but I don't think it's worth going through all the bullshit to find that woman.

If you're in a relationship or married, always be straight forward with the person. It's the best thing you can do for them, IMO.

/rant off

Goober
01-04-2009, 01:53 AM
:golfclap:

mach_u
01-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Personally I find being in a relationship very rewarding but it's all about what kind of priority a being relationship is to you. If you are focused on things in your life, cool but you have to understand in a new relationship requires a fair amount of energy and time. Putting her off a week out because you just have stuff going on, might send the wrong signal. Still, not being open about dating somebody else is pretty low. All and all, I have found saying screw it, and not actively searching out a relationship is the best way to find one. Last time I did that I ended up married. :lol:

graysonracin
01-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Its does seen to be getting more difficult to find someone worth putting any effort into. I kind of have already said (fuck it) i dont need the hastle anymore. I think you did the right thing by not saying anything, alot of girls like when you make a big deal out of something, makes them feel important i guess. I wouldnt give her any satisfaction of letting her know it botherd you because anything you do or say your in the wrong and it doesnt even phase them. Basically seems that most (not all) girls-women want their ass kissed as much as some guys do, whatever they say or do better be okay with you, but if you did some of the things they do they would be pissed off. And if any ladys read this, just so you know, i know there are alot of bad guys out there doing the same things, just seems like the good guys cant catch a break.

HRSEPWR
01-04-2009, 10:45 AM
I totally agree. I have the "I'd rather be single" attitude for while now and I have no complaints. I am not searching at all but if I come across someone that "clicks" maybe I'll give it a try but I am also tired of putting my effort towards something that usually ends up being a waste of my time... :bigthumb

black90lx
01-04-2009, 11:16 AM
That's why you keep more than one girl around if you have doubts. Lol

PaulFiveOh
01-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Combine this with a very cynical attitude towards relationships and you pretty much have a recipe for a non-existent relationship-type love life.

Every now and then I'll run into a girl who catches my attention that isn't boring, and I decide to give it a shot.

Wow. Thanks for a "straight talk" post man.

I just want to tell you I feel the same way. Albeit, I am 20 and I assume you are older how ever I don't see the way I feel about relationships changing soon. I think I throw a bit of hedonism in to the mix, knowing that having a long term relationship with a girl could prohibit me from doing all the things I want to do.
Currently, I find absolute and complete solace in my closest friends and can't imagine drifting away from them to exert energy into a non proven relationship. This all of course is a function of lack of life experience and choosing a lifestyle where I put the tangible in front of the esoteric items (such as girl friends etc).

Walter
01-04-2009, 12:36 PM
So you told her you would meet with her next weekend, then you saw her with a dude this weekend. Whats the problem? Just meet her the day you planned. Not like its your girlfriend or anything.

MrsAPE
01-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Personally, dating sucks but that's how I found my Mr. So in the long run, it was worth it. Not easy by any means. But the end result is what matters. I found one of the 'good guys' and we've been together 16 years. But, if you think dating is hard, wait til your married. A lot of work in marriage as well. But once again, in the end, well worth it.

Kinda agree with Walter above...its not like you were boyfriend/girlfriend. She's allowed and she did ask you when you were going to get together. Imagine her thoughts when she see's you out after you said you couldn't meet with her till next week. Even though you weren't with a girl...you still had time to get together. I'd say still meet up with her as planned. Bet she's straight forward with you then.

347sc
01-04-2009, 02:10 PM
That's why you keep more than one girl around if you have doubts. Lol

Works for me.lol

92StangMan
01-04-2009, 02:25 PM
So you told her you would meet with her next weekend, then you saw her with a dude this weekend. Whats the problem? Just meet her the day you planned. Not like its your girlfriend or anything.

I can see your point but I have a different view on this. Even though we're not in a relationship, I still see it as somewhat disrespectful. If I am even in the slightest bit interested in someone, I do not pursue someone else as a back up plan if the first person doesn't work out. If she would have walked up to me last night and said hi or whatever, that might have removed any doubt if her friend is an actual friend or more than a friend. Instead they got up and left and I only sat about 15 feet from her, so she knew I was there.

"I just want to tell you I feel the same way. Albeit, I am 20 and I assume you are older how ever I don't see the way I feel about relationships changing soon."

I am 25 and my views on dating haven't changed much in the past 5-years, either.

Bluecrew07
01-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Not a big fan of the single life. I find that I'm much happier in a relationship, plus you always have someone there, you dont sleep alone.

Mista Bone
01-04-2009, 03:12 PM
I was married, she cheated, I've been "single" since then. I've had a few FWB that also were not wanting to be in a relationship.

I might get hooked again, but I'm not looking or trying.

black90lx
01-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Works for me.lol

Great mind's think alike. Myspace does wonders for meeting some strange. Lmao

347sc
01-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Lol strange being the key word there.

black90lx
01-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Lol strange being the key word there.

Yea lol

blk93notch
01-04-2009, 07:52 PM
"from myspace to my place" lol

i have the single is better attitude. i got tired of all the bs. dont get me wrong guys are just as guilty as women but finding someone decent today is alot different than when your parent meant. the crowd is different and the attitude is different. youre 25....just have fun and tag as many as you can. im 30 and if i find someone then great. just dont settle. every girl i have dated has had problems with me working on cars so i sau screw them.... which one work on a car or cheat on with another chick?

Blackpony
01-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Dating does suck. I remember when i was single i enjoyed it but it got tired after a while going out all the time. Then when i wasn't out looking for women i found my girl. Then one year later she was pregnant. Now we have a 17 month old son and he's the greatest thing that happened to me. Besides meeting my wife.

black90lx
01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
"from myspace to my place" lol

i have the single is better attitude. i got tired of all the bs. dont get me wrong guys are just as guilty as women but finding someone decent today is alot different than when your parent meant. the crowd is different and the attitude is different. youre 25....just have fun and tag as many as you can. im 30 and if i find someone then great. just dont settle. every girl i have dated has had problems with me working on cars so i sau screw them.... which one work on a car or cheat on with another chick?

My x used to BITCH about me working on my car and putting money into it. I told her it is better than me blowing it at a bar or on drugs. She never had a problem when i was blowing money on her or when she was wearing over $2000 in diamond rings, she hardly ever wore them. I bought her a dooney & Bourke Purse that she had to have and she carried it twice in the year and a half that she has had it. But thats my stupidity, i knew i should have put the money in the stang. Lol Believe me that shit will never happen again.

blk93notch
01-04-2009, 10:20 PM
My x used to BITCH about me working on my car and putting money into it. I told her it is better than me blowing it at a bar or on drugs. She never had a problem when i was blowing money on her or when she was wearing over $2000 in diamond rings, she hardly ever wore them. I bought her a dooney & Bourke Purse that she had to have and she carried it twice in the year and a half that she has had it. But thats my stupidity, i knew i should have put the money in the stang. Lol Believe me that shit will never happen again.

ive been there too man. my ex fiance wore a $4500 engagement ring. all the time i thought i could have thrown a supercharger on my mustang. now i look back at it and think i would have got more enjoyment out of the supercharger

black90lx
01-05-2009, 12:28 AM
ive been there too man. my ex fiance wore a $4500 engagement ring. all the time i thought i could have thrown a supercharger on my mustang. now i look back at it and think i would have got more enjoyment out of the supercharger

Lol thats the Damn truth. I couldn't agree with you more.

Walter
01-05-2009, 06:05 AM

Horsepower over h0e$. :lol:

facemelter71
01-05-2009, 12:43 PM
I didnt date.I met my current wife through her cousin.Who was my friend at the time.

stroked4eyes
01-05-2009, 03:56 PM
I didnt date.I met my current wife through her cousin.Who was my friend at the time.
Was it an arranged marriage?

jfwy

blk93notch
01-05-2009, 05:23 PM

keep it in the family! lol

facemelter71
01-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Was it an arranged marriage?

jfwy

We talked a little on the phone.But as far as dating,we didnt do much.She was pretty clear on what she was wanting out of the relationship.

rogers
01-05-2009, 09:01 PM
i loved being married and all, my problem is that my soon to be x wife didn't :lol: bu t i found woman who has the same cares and concerns so i just made it simple and started dating her oh well atleast i got the upgrade :bigthumb

pegasus
01-05-2009, 09:11 PM
FUCK A GIRLFRIEND GET YOUR WILLY WET IN ANY THING THAT WILL STAND STILL LONG ENOUGHT

*note* please dont tell my gf i said that :P

Mista Bone
01-05-2009, 10:19 PM
We talked a little on the phone.But as far as dating,we didnt do much.She was pretty clear on what she was wanting out of the relationship.

eat the damn crusts :)

facemelter71
01-06-2009, 09:39 AM
HAHAHA.Yea no shit.

ON a side note.This same buddy of mine that introduced me to my current wife also introduced me to my ex-girlfriend (his other cousin,NOT anymore related to my wife) whom I have a soon to be 7 year old daughter with.I think they were related by marriage of my buddies parents.They got a divorce before I ever met either.

INSANEBA
01-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm 31, and have been single for almost 6 years now. All I can say, is single life isint that bad boys. You can pick up and go at any time without explanation, buy or sell anything without having a "talk", and do anything without consulting them first. I spent 5 years giving her everything she wanted, then all of a sudden one day it wasnt what she wanted at all. After that, it left a bad taste in my mouth on relationsahips period. I have given it a chance 2 times since then, and it wasnt what I expected. I realized that MOST women today have such screwed up minds, that I dont even wanna know them. I think if I do meet another girl, it's probably gonna be at the drag strip, cause I've been bored with bars now for a couple years. C'mon, have fun with it, theres plenty of girls to go around, oh and most importantly, "dont be a fool, wrap your tool!!!" I know it's not all girls, but for once show me a "nice guy" that didnt finish last. It's exactly that reason that I demand I have a wicked fast bike and car, atleast I dont have to finish last on the track/street...

PONYGRL
01-06-2009, 04:36 PM

My boyfriend.... I mean fiance as of last wk.. probably shoulda just spent the money on a supercharger instead of me. 1 and a half superchargers. I'm probably not worth it anyway, as unenthused as I may sound.

In the end, boys will be boys and girls will be girls though. Be single or in a relationship, whichever you decide... Picking a mate is jus a matter of deciding which shit you wanna deal with and what irritates you more or less about the person. Every now and then someone decent will come along, but there is still gonna be stuff that drives you crazy.

I'm 31, and have been single for almost 6 years now. All I can say, is single life isint that bad boys. You can pick up and go at any time without explanation, buy or sell anything without having a "talk", and do anything without consulting them first. I spent 5 years giving her everything she wanted, then all of a sudden one day it wasnt what she wanted at all. After that, it left a bad taste in my mouth on relationsahips period. I have given it a chance 2 times since then, and it wasnt what I expected. I realized that MOST women today have such screwed up minds, that I dont even wanna know them. I think if I do meet another girl, it's probably gonna be at the drag strip, cause I've been bored with bars now for a couple years. C'mon, have fun with it, theres plenty of girls to go around, oh and most importantly, "dont be a fool, wrap your tool!!!" I know it's not all girls, but for once show me a "nice guy" that didnt finish last. It's exactly that reason that I demand I have a wicked fast bike and car, atleast I dont have to finish last on the track/street...

That is shitty.... That is one thing I hav never done and never would do- cheat on my s.o. I know a lot of people dont see it as a big deal though. And I'm sure it is different when you get 2 people who are both into cars..... which is fine as long as you have other goals and have your priorities straight at the same time. I hav a new mustang but would never let it take over my life and blow every dime on it... it is an expensive hobby, however I will be at the track every weekend this summer hopefully. Chris has a mustang too, so I see it as something we can (hopefully) enjoy together, for a long time..... which if you get stuck with an annoying prissy girl, I can see how being into cars would totally suck for you.

Weirdly enough, should my situation be any different than it is right now, I can see myself not wanting to put forth the time and effort to meet someone else, just to end up disappointed anyway. Because that is exactly what it would be.

Nice girls finish last too, I promise... or feel like it anyway.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-06-2009, 05:03 PM
I can give you the flipside to your situation...i've more or less been in a major relationship since i was 15!!!! (i'm 29 now) I'm on the third long term relationship since then, with only aprox 1 1/2 years of being single since then...trust me, it's not necessarily greener on this side :lol:

ponymom05
01-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Are any of you single folks over 45 with any real life experience or are you all just young kids being bitter? Not meaning to sound bitchy, just curious

Mista Bone
01-06-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm 41, close enough.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah i'll also add...if you're a guy and you spent your 20s "notching your belt" and now you're mid 30s and single and alone...you got what you asked for :lol:

Mista Bone
01-06-2009, 05:29 PM
I spent my 20's married, only one notch in that belt.

But I have alot of notches since.

blk93notch
01-06-2009, 06:20 PM
im 30 and most of what i had was relationships. i hate dating and was always up front and said what i want and what i expected. the shortest relationship i have had was a year. im not picky at all but i have to be attracted to that person and they have to understand my car thing. i have always compromised with them and meant them in the middle. for some reason i just bring the cheating side out of women. im sure ill meet someone. im in no big rush and im not bitter.

ponymom05
01-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I had a phone conversation a while back with a guy I had never met in person. He asked me what I liked to do, I told him I drag race. Probably 10 times throughout our conversation he repeated "but you're a girl". Guess he didn't think girls should drive! I'm thought you guys might have a harder time finding a girl interested in cars than I would have finding a guy who is, but I'm not sure!! Probably good I didn't answer honestly when he asked what else I did in my spare time - riding 4-wheelers and shooting guns wouldn't have gone over too good I guess. Oh well, his loss.

blk93notch
01-07-2009, 09:38 AM
i had a girlfriend one time that would work on cars with me. she rocked and everything but she just drank way too much for me. nothing wrong with drinking but theres a line. nothing wrong with a woman that can drive.

347sc
01-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Are any of you single folks over 45 with any real life experience or are you all just young kids being bitter? Not meaning to sound bitchy, just curious

37, divorced with a 16 yr old son and 14 yr old daughter. Id say Im pretty stacked in the experience department. The thing I find is all the self centered women that think you should bend over backwards to please them and don't care to give you anything in return.(Not all women are like that just the ones I luck into) Or the want to run your life at the start of the first date.

04 Venom
01-07-2009, 11:33 AM

I agree with Walter. You showed good judgment in not confronting her.

INSANEBA
01-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I feel you Ponygirl, like I said, "not all girls" are like that. But why is it when you find a nice girl, and she knows that she's talking to a nice guy that they never try eachother? Not rally talking about myself, but I have seen it a million times. They will even tell the guy he's a "keeper", but never make an effort. Ponymom, I'm 31 and feel I have had my fair share of experiences. I've experienced what I thought was true love, I've almost died twice, I've done things most people wouldnt even dream of, and I'm far from bitter. I just call em how I see em, and sometimes thats a problem lol. I've come to the conclusion that the almost all of the last of the real women were born in your generation. Most of theese younger girls are clueless as to what a real woman is, and I said MOST lol. Hmm, kinda makes me wanna go COUGAR HUNTING!!!

347sc
01-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Hmm, kinda makes me wanna go COUGAR HUNTING!!!

Cougars are nuts too.lol Tag and release!

ponymom05
01-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Not a cougar, but was really just trying to find out who's single and close to my age. HaHa! Sorry, I'll behave....

IWRBB
01-07-2009, 06:27 PM
I dunno, I'll make the effort this year to meet new women, again, but it seems like they all have kids. I'm 35 and I meet women my age who have 5 kids. Holy crap! I've meet 20 yr olds with 4 kids. I've meet 35 yr olds that have grandkids. W T F?

I need to get a part-time job at the Kohl's up the street, they are more hot women in that place, my God.

blk93notch
01-07-2009, 06:32 PM
theres nothing wrong with a woman with kids. jut as long as they dont try to act the same age as their 16 year old daughter.

i dont mind one or 2 but five i am on your side. no way for me.

IWRBB
01-07-2009, 06:46 PM
I could deal with one, maybe two. Especially if they were young, but in general, I'm not really out to be raising another man's kids. I just got to find me a younger woman I guess.

Ryan218
01-07-2009, 09:11 PM
im 17. i perfer to be in a relationship. single is no fun to me.

pegasus
01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
theres nothing wrong with a woman with kids. jut as long as they dont try to act the same age as their 16 year old daughter.

i dont mind one or 2 but five i am on your side. no way for me.

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc322/unsacred/vagina.jpg

blk93notch
01-07-2009, 09:49 PM
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc322/unsacred/vagina.jpg

i bet that thing was like a slip n slid. those kids just slid right out after the 5th or 6th one

Sparky
01-07-2009, 11:10 PM
I bet he just gives her a spiderman and there ya go shes preggers again

Mista Bone
01-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Not a cougar, but was really just trying to find out who's single and close to my age. HaHa! Sorry, I'll behave....

I don't go looking, just happen to stumble across females that are a good match for fun.

Does it matter if she is 20 now and I met here when she was 15????

We were a good match, not looking for sex, I even sold her my Trans Am!

INSANEBA
01-08-2009, 01:53 AM
I bet he just gives her a spiderman and there ya go shes preggers again

LMAO, spiderman... Thats some funny sh!t lol. Hey, I am keeping my eye out for Miss Right, but in the mean time I am having a blast with Miss Wrong lol...jk...

blk93notch
01-08-2009, 06:16 PM
LMAO, spiderman... Thats some funny sh!t lol. Hey, I am keeping my eye out for Miss Right, but in the mean time I am having a blast with Miss Wrong lol...jk...

or miss right now!:lol:

Mista Bone
01-08-2009, 09:58 PM
I bet she hasn't had a true period in 15+ years.

The husband is hitting it before it's even healed!

Waffles
01-13-2009, 11:50 PM

I can't agree more. This is what "dating" is about. You date around, several people. You get to know them before you become committed. While reading the story I really thought the chic was gonna see him there with his friends and get pissed off because he hadn't given her that time instead. That's out it would have gone for me.

I can see your point but I have a different view on this. Even though we're not in a relationship, I still see it as somewhat disrespectful. If I am even in the slightest bit interested in someone, I do not pursue someone else as a back up plan if the first person doesn't work out. If she would have walked up to me last night and said hi or whatever, that might have removed any doubt if her friend is an actual friend or more than a friend. Instead they got up and left and I only sat about 15 feet from her, so she knew I was there.

Maybe he was more than a friend, maybe he wasn't. It really shouldn't have mattered unless either you or he was in a committed relationship with her. What would have been disrespectful is if she had taken attention away from her date to go talk to another guy (you). Get what I'm saying?

Michelle
01-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I think single is GREAT. You can come and go as you please. Hang out with whomever you want, whenever you want. NO explaining and drama from the other side. But I must say IT IS nice when you find a "REAL MAN" who knows that a relationship is not based on controlling her. A man who can appreciate her. A man who can do nice things for her and not expect something in return. And when you find the right someone...you both do things for each other, not because it is expected of you...but because you want to.

SN95N/A
01-20-2009, 08:58 PM
I like the single life,I like to go out with gurls here and there but no relationship,I like to call it rotating stock.

pegasus
01-20-2009, 09:39 PM
I don't go looking, just happen to stumble across females that are a good match for fun.

Does it matter if she is 20 now and I met here when she was 15????

We were a good match, not looking for sex, I even sold her my Trans Am!

sold BS

you traded your TA for here TA

not a thing worng with that :cool1:

Mista Bone
01-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Dude, I'm 21 years older than her, TWICE her age.

But she is fun to be around. Just remember to duck when asking for a wrench, she'll throw it at you. Knew more about hydraulics than 1/2 the shop her dad was working at when she was 16, working as a subcontractor for Detroit Edison.

I was been discussed if I was 10 years younger........it would be a riot :)

Mavowar
01-21-2009, 11:26 AM
What you guys need to do is broaden your search guidelines.....
I am telling you find an import women but drive American muscle car....
Seriously, find the ones in college that have fallen in love with America.
You get an educated woman who can hold down a job, no kids, and with most of these girls they are virgins. They will respect you for a chance at the American dream....I should write a book and sell it.....

How ugly white guys can hook up with educated hot foreign women:popcorn:

Sparky
01-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I like the way you think! I'd buy the book...

Waffles
01-23-2009, 11:34 AM
I think single is GREAT. You can come and go as you please. Hang out with whomever you want, whenever you want. NO explaining and drama from the other side. But I must say IT IS nice when you find a "REAL MAN" who knows that a relationship is not based on controlling her. A man who can appreciate her. A man who can do nice things for her and not expect something in return. And when you find the right someone...you both do things for each other, not because it is expected of you...but because you want to.

Whoa... I'm kinda creeped out. What species of female are you? Certainly not human, they don't think that way. Wait, this is some kinda trap isn't it? :lol:

What you guys need to do is broaden your search guidelines.....
I am telling you find an import women but drive American muscle car....
Seriously, find the ones in college that have fallen in love with America.
You get an educated woman who can hold down a job, no kids, and with most of these girls they are virgins. They will respect you for a chance at the American dream....I should write a book and sell it.....

How ugly white guys can hook up with educated hot foreign women:popcorn:

haha... I used to kid about this. A lender rep from Argent I used to work used to brag about his hot 21 year old wife all the time. This guy was fat, greasy, annoying, always smelled funny, and thought he was Johnny Cash - always in black. I just laughed at him when he said it until I met her. WOW! She was beautiful, smart, funny, and a RUSSIAN MAIL ORDER BRIDE! :lol:

Anyway, cost him about $10,000 to get her here. I would kid that you could feasibly get one of these girls for $10,000. They're happy to be here. They love you for bringing them here. They love to work. They keep your house spotless. They cook. And they have to stay with you for 2 years for their fiance visa gets revoked and they go home. $5,000 a year is a hell of a lot cheaper than my ex-wife and she never did any of that shit! lol

Holly
01-23-2009, 12:15 PM

I have stayed out of this conversation, but I have to say, Michelle just said exactly what how I feel about it. I have found what she explained once in my life, and unless I find it again, I'll just stay single. That's how a relationship should be, and nobody should ever settle for less.

Whoa... I'm kinda creeped out. What species of female are you? Certainly not human, they don't think that way. Wait, this is some kinda trap isn't it? :lol:

It's no trap, it's called a real relationship, or how one is supposed to be. Not everybody gets lucky enough to find a woman like ourselves. :lol:

Waffles
01-23-2009, 01:51 PM
It's no trap, it's called a real relationship, or how one is supposed to be. Not everybody gets lucky enough to find a woman like ourselves. :lol:

Well, it's been my personal experience that I have never found a woman secure with themselves enough to have a real relationship (as described). I also have not witnessed this amoung other couples. Every relationship I've ever personally witnessed has been about compromise.... the compromise of control. "If I can't do that, then you can't do this."

So when I see a woman say something like that, it seems like it might be the ole bait n switch-a-roo. :lol:

I've believe that a relationship is a voluntary thing. If someone is with me, it's because they want to be. If I'm with them, it's because I want to be. Relationships are not obligatory. If at some point the relationship becomes something you don't want anymore (your significant other cheats etc), move on.

2-8-1
01-24-2009, 12:12 PM

So, you told her you couldn't go out for about two weeks, but this week you went out with friends and saw her out. Your complaining about how disrespectful SHE was, even though YOU are doing the same thing, albeit without a female. I don't think you have any room to say anything when you put her off for two weeks, go out anyway and then see her out with someone else, ESPECIALLY, since you only KNEW each other and weren't even dating yet.

Put your big boy pants on, go out with her as planned and have fun. It's not like your going to marry her tomorrow. Dating is like shopping for cars, you test drive a lot of them in search for the perfect one. You don't expect a woman to tell you her personal business because you feel its rude not too. You have no right or claim to the ladies personal business, don't act like it's disrespectful if she doesn't tell you.

I can understand your feelings are hurt, but get over it and grow up. Not everyone is like you and puts their entire life on hold for a single date.

blk93notch
01-24-2009, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=2-8-1;441420]

. Dating is like shopping for cars, you test drive a lot of them in search for the perfect one.

and after find the right one you still have to "upgrade" and "modify" it. jk i couldnt pass it up

2-8-1
01-24-2009, 02:06 PM
and after find the right one you still have to "upgrade" and "modify" it. jk i couldnt pass it up

lol, I never said anything about leaving them stock!

ohh, that's bad.

Waffles
01-24-2009, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=2-8-1;441420]

. Dating is like shopping for cars, you test drive a lot of them in search for the perfect one.

And then it breaks down anyway and leaves you stranded on the side of the road.... :lol:

NXcoupe
01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Or you loose the keys and can't drive it. Think about it and then you'll laugh.

Mista Bone
01-26-2009, 03:42 PM
"Once Bitten, Twice Shy"

I don't plan on ever getting married again....although I did jokingly propose to Jenn so someone could collect my pensions when I pass away. Just good friends.....with gutter minded thoughts.

e5shea
01-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Or you loose the keys and can't drive it. Think about it and then you'll laugh.

:lol: Bad news is for you Mike, you're not even married yet. :lol:

Glad I haven't "lost the keys" to my "stang" yet. We're still newly weds though (9 years).

dedpedal
01-27-2009, 05:53 AM
Ill keep the details of my love life to myself since it would scare some of the younger members. Sufice to say, I thought I had found Ms. Right, I just didnt know her first name was Allways. One of these days, Ill find someone for me as well as someone will find me right for her. Its all give and take. I just seem to find the useless ones that take alot more than they give.

Markcore
01-27-2009, 08:41 AM
...tonight I go eat with a few friends and see her eating with some other dude.

Maybe it was her brother? :confused::eek:

06hoss
02-06-2009, 12:48 PM
So, you told her you couldn't go out for about two weeks, but this week you went out with friends and saw her out. Your complaining about how disrespectful SHE was, even though YOU are doing the same thing, albeit without a female. I don't think you have any room to say anything when you put her off for two weeks, go out anyway and then see her out with someone else, ESPECIALLY, since you only KNEW each other and weren't even dating yet.

Put your big boy pants on, go out with her as planned and have fun. It's not like your going to marry her tomorrow. Dating is like shopping for cars, you test drive a lot of them in search for the perfect one. You don't expect a woman to tell you her personal business because you feel its rude not too. You have no right or claim to the ladies personal business, don't act like it's disrespectful if she doesn't tell you.

I can understand your feelings are hurt, but get over it and grow up. Not everyone is like you and puts their entire life on hold for a single date.

Amen brother! If a woman is decent looking you can't expect that you're the only guy that's asking her out. The thing that probably happened is the other guy asked her out and she put him on hold to ask this guy when he was taking her out first....and he passed on the weekend so she told the other guy yes. So, she went out with the other guy that weekend because her first choice wouldn't...nothing wrong with that. She's SINGLE!
If you really want a girl, you can't let anything or anybody else stand in your way. My second wife (now my ex) is hot and was extremely popular when I started dating her...I just kept showing her a better time than all the other guys she was dating and never missed an opportunity to spend time with her. If you don't spend time with her...some other dude will. I'd say you dropped the ball and should learn a lesson from it. I'm probably the old fart here at 48 so I know a little bit about it.
P.S. The fact that you didn't say anything to her when you saw her out is already a big plus in your favor...that was the right move, now go get her if you want her. Good Luck!

2-8-1
02-07-2009, 01:46 AM
It is shit like this that just makes me want to say fuck dating all together. It's pointless for the most part. Sure there might be a girl out there who's suited for me and vice versa but I don't think it's worth going through all the bullshit to find that woman.

I just noticed this part right here. The RIGHT companion, because I am speaking for both sexes, is worth any amount of trouble, because they will be there with you when everyone else has turned their back.

With an attitude like that, you will be single and lonely for a long time.