PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever use rosseta stone?

MWoods26
01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Ive been wanting to learn spanish and looked into getting rosseta stone. That sh!t is EXPENSIVE! wanting to know if anybody has ever used it and how well it works. I need to learn how to tell the mexicans at Chipotle to put extra steak on my burrito and not charge me for it:lol:

PaulFiveOh
01-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Quit ordering extra steak and use the money you save to buy it.....in 15 years.

From what I understand Rosetta Stone is the best. It compares waveforms of your voice and approximates whether or not you said the phrase/word/ or sentence correctly. Pretty high tech shit.

Mike
01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah, that shit is fucking insane expensive.

black90lx
01-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Lol thats great. I think you want to learn it to hit on the hot mexican girls/waitresess. Thats what i would do.

69428SCJ
01-04-2009, 08:47 PM
I get it for free, but then again that's one of the perks of being in the Army. Seeing this thread is kind of ironic because I was actually just about get the courses for spanish and Farsi

Black Horse
01-04-2009, 08:55 PM
A friend of mine used it for travels in Japan. He said it helped him tremendously. Of course his company picked up the tab for it.

MWoods26
01-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I get it for free, but then again that's one of the perks of being in the Army. Seeing this thread is kind of ironic because I was actually just about get the courses for spanish and Farsi

How do you get it for free? Im in the Reserves

69428SCJ
01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
you get it through your AKO, do a search for it and it'll pop up.

latamud
01-04-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm a Chinese Linguist in the Air Force. I studied at DLI for two years and know the language well. Someone showed me their Chinese Rosetta Stone program a while back and I like it. It is self paced and teaches you the way you like to learn. Or, if you only want to learn to speak you can focus on jst those aspects. Well worth it. Its a tool you can take anywhere and you don't need a box to carry it.

plattner01
01-05-2009, 12:06 AM
you want to master spainish , just goto mexico and leave you money and id in us, now try talking your way out of mexico.

ADaughen
01-05-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm a Chinese Linguist in the Air Force. I studied at DLI for two years and know the language well. Someone showed me their Chinese Rosetta Stone program a while back and I like it. It is self paced and teaches you the way you like to learn. Or, if you only want to learn to speak you can focus on jst those aspects. Well worth it. Its a tool you can take anywhere and you don't need a box to carry it.

RosettaStone is how the DLI is teaching some of their classes from what I heard.

Sounds like a good recruiting technique... "Join the military, get a free iPod." :lol:

latamud
01-05-2009, 07:09 PM
RosettaStone is how the DLI is teaching some of their classes from what I heard.

Sounds like a good recruiting technique... "Join the military, get a free iPod." :lol:

I don't know, I'm attending a refresher course right now I can ask.