PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Motorsport Power Steering Set -up

leroy93lx
01-06-2009, 05:17 PM
I have a basically new Maximum Motorsport Power Steering set-up for 79-93 non ac car. I think the part number is ST-70. Here is a link to it

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

It was on a 331 I bought out of a NASA road race car. I have no plans of using it so I would like to get rid of it. Im just starting to swap out the front accessories so I can drop the engine in. Here is a picture of it on the engine. I have the lines, cooler and reservoir in a box. All are in perfect shape.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x191/leroy93lx/337528932.jpg

$400.00 OBO

leroy93lx
01-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Damn link just goes to the home page! Here are the specs.....

Store :: Mustang Steering :: High Performance Power Steering :: High Performance Power Steering System, 1979-93 (no A/C)

High Performance Power Steering System, 1979-93 (no A/C)

[click for larger image]
$697.95

Part #: ST-70
Manufacturer: Maximum Motorsports

Note:
Actual product may differ from photo.
Add:

Improve steering feel with MM's new High Performance Power Steering System. A common complaint in high performance driving is a difficulty in accurately placing the car on the track due to the over-assisted stock power steering system. The high assist level of the stock system makes the steering feel extremely light, and reduces the usable feedback to the driver. This light feel causes the driver to turn the steering wheel much more than intended, which leads to a lack of driving smoothness.

This MM kit greatly improves the steering feel by reducing the amount of power assist. Steering effort is increased just enough to provide good feedback to the driver. The MM kit optimizes the pump's output pressure without reducing the output volume. Home-brewed efforts to improve steering feel by using larger pulleys or restrictor orifices can cause a sudden loss of steering assist during rapid movements of the steering wheel, a potentially dangerous situation. Because the MM pump maintains the proper output volume, the level of power assist remains constant, regardless of how rapidly the steering wheel is turned.

The pump in this MM kit requires less engine power to operate than the stock power steering pump, freeing up horsepower for quicker acceleration. It can be run at over 7,000 RPM for extended periods of time without overheating the power steering fluid. Install this kit and put an end to the problems caused by the stock pump: Over-assisted and imprecise steering, fluid spewing because of fluid overheating, and that annoying whine! The reduced pressure of this pump also reduces the likelihood of blowing out steering rack seals. Except for the serpentine belt, the MM kit includes everything needed for installation: High-performance pump, a pump mounting bracket designed specifically by MM for the Mustang 5.0 engine, a fluid reservoir, a large fluid cooler, all necessary hardware, and all hoses and fittings. Does not reuse any OEM hoses.

The level of steering assist can be adjusted to suit personal preferences by changing the outlet restrictors on the pump. This can be done with the addition of the Restrictor Valve kit, part number ST-71 (see below).

Note: Does not fit with air conditioning, and a different length belt is required. At low engine RPMs, such as when parking, the assist level may be very low, causing an increase in steering effort.

Restrictor Valve Kit:
This kit has 8 different restrictor valves for the pump in the MM Power Steering Pump Kits (ST-70 & ST-72). Use these valves to change the amount of power assist from the pump. Note: The ST-70 kit comes with a restrictor valve that works quite well for most racing situations.

leroy93lx
01-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Any road race people out there??? Make me an offer. I need this like a kick in the junk!! May even trade for something.....

STEVE_POE
02-04-2009, 12:16 PM
I'll give you two hundred for it.............. by the way it's for a 94/95 application st-72

leroy93lx
02-05-2009, 01:02 AM
We will work something out Steve. I need to get those cables for the T56 from you anyway. I will get ahold of you.

leroy93lx
02-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Sold Please Delete. Thank you!