PDA

View Full Version : Procharger F1 question

MustangChuck
01-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey folks. I have a question about the Procharger F1 supercharger and my car. I am thinking about buying one during the next off season of racing. Do you all think that I can run that on my car with stock internals and transmission and such so long as I dont run it with the boost maxed out as high as it can be, or should I just stick with something like a Vortech until I can beef up the internals, transmission, rear end, and the like? Also, does anyone have a guess at how much horse a Procharger F1 would get me horsepower wise?

MustangChuck
01-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Never mind I think I just answered my question, which is a resounding "HELL NO I CANT HANDLE IT!" lol. I think i'll just go with a Procharger P1 instead. I saw on their website they were advertising cars with that on there pushing over 500 hp with a totally stock motor.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
01-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Pulley the F1 down or run a S or T trim Vortech. If you are stuck on a procharger don't run anything smaller than a D1 Give me a call at the speed shop if you need some prices or more info.

Sharad
01-20-2009, 10:58 AM
+1. Pulley down the F1. I ran the F1R on my stock 302 pulleyed down to 12lbs. Ran great.

NXcoupe
01-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Never mind I think I just answered my question, which is a resounding "HELL NO I CANT HANDLE IT!" lol. I think i'll just go with a Procharger P1 instead. I saw on their website they were advertising cars with that on there pushing over 500 hp with a totally stock motor.

Chuck, those are cars running boost and tuning to make that kind of power. You can pulley your F1 down and run conservative timing and keep a stocker alive. It really isn't that hard to do. I guarantee the lowest price on a ProCharger kit, so call everyone else and get back with me with your best deal. I can have it shipped to your door. I think it would be pretty cool to run that big blower on the street.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
01-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Oh yeah Chuck your slave cylinder is here. Craig is just waiting on an address. And don't forget we take good care of our loyal repeat customers;)