PDA

View Full Version : wheel run out

Steves LX
01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Anyone know what the norm is for run out on a wheel on a balancer

Black Horse
01-26-2009, 03:22 PM
The smaller the better. I don't know what could be considered good vs. bad, but before you make any determination, index the wheel 90 degrees on the balancer and check again to make sure it is indeed the wheel and not the arbor or the equipment.

bobtsgt
01-26-2009, 03:38 PM
yep. Do like Dave said. Balance, turn and balance again. Usually radials will be close most of the time. Slicks on the other hand can have a huge difference. Just put my ET Streets on my 15X10s and one wheel had a ture 6.25 spot on it. Sticky weights are your friends.

mustangjon
01-26-2009, 10:13 PM
why are you asking this steve? a vibration or... heavy balance... ect? there is radial and lateral runout... tolerances are different for each.. but normal tolerance's are in the .001 -.002 range but no tire nor wheel is perfectly round hence being able to spin them and fixing it.. or sometimes swapping tires and wheels works.. certain wheel and certain tire combos work better together. Actually the hunter machine can be setup to tell you the best combo of 4 wheels.. downside it takes like an hour to do.. hence noone uses it if they do, they charge 100+ bucks to do it.