PDA

View Full Version : ahhhhh i need help

Johnson1134
01-26-2009, 08:36 PM
i have been working on the coupe tonight and it is turning over firing and dying as soon as it fires??i hear the fuel pump kick on i hear fuel going to the fuel rails it is geting spark???if anyone has any suggestions or wants to stop by to help lmk....car is in amelia!

Gearhead
01-26-2009, 08:51 PM
i have been working on the coupe tonight and it is turning over firing and dying as soon as it fires??i hear the fuel pump kick on i hear fuel going to the fuel rails it is geting spark???if anyone has any suggestions or wants to stop by to help lmk....car is in amelia!

Is your timing correct ?? All plug wires routed right ??

Johnson1134
01-26-2009, 08:59 PM
we moved the dizzy but it didnt do any better!plugs i never tried or really looked. we think the timing jumped???

graysonracin
01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
May not be related, but after i put my car together it would hit and die instantly, wouldnt run for a second, just hit like bumping the key or something. The problem was my ignition switch, or theres an adjustment you can make on the switches with two screws i think. If i start it and just hold the key over for a second longer after it starts it will run. Dont know if that will help yours but it did mine. It was kind of like i started and turned it off really quick.

Johnson1134
01-27-2009, 05:27 AM
yeah the starter was sticking???it is something stupid small i think but i cant figure it out??ill be working on it all week.

facemelter71
01-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Mine did that.And it pissed me off to no end.I installed a new intake and forgot to plug one of the big ass vacuum holes on the bottom side.there are a few wrenches and odd and ends in the pond now from me getting so pissed.I though I had them all plugged.Check and re-check all vacuum lines.

Johnson1134
01-27-2009, 05:23 PM
yeah i am wanting to do hci and nitrous i think im going carbed so i dont know if i should even mess with it till i get that stuff?i just want it running lol........ it was also bumped in the front on the drivers side!

mrstang-gt-46
01-28-2009, 05:09 PM
u need good grd from batt to block,also check coil