PDA

View Full Version : UMTR Schedule

sprayn93coupe
01-31-2009, 03:11 PM
:dummy::dummy::dummy:

RIXXX93GT
01-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Yea I havent heard anything yet. Hows your winter been Jason?

Maximus
01-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Tina is waiting on the tracks to finalize their schedule. Then UMTR can get their schedule done.:)

sprayn93coupe
02-01-2009, 12:35 AM
It has been good Rick my son was born 1/15/09 Rason Miles Brunck so I have been busy. My car should be ready I need to get the new trans put in. Did you make any changes over the winter?

Thanks for the info Craig

YouGotJunk
02-01-2009, 02:48 AM
That's the greatest name ever! lol...Take a while for you to talk the wife/girlfriend into that one??

PonymanfiveO
02-01-2009, 11:52 AM
It has been good Rick my son was born 1/15/09 Rason Miles Brunck so I have been busy. My car should be ready I need to get the new trans put in. Did you make any changes over the winter?

Thanks for the info Craig

Congrats Jason!

I love the name too!!! :bigthumb

Maximus
02-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Congrats! With a name like that, you better teach him your driving skills.:bigthumb

RIXXX93GT
02-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Wow cool name and congrats, my car may be a little lighter and went to a larger width tire other than that its the same slow pig. What trans you going too? Jericho?

sprayn93coupe
02-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes it did take some time at first, Rason was going to be his middle name and the wife changed her mind and said we could use it for his first name.

331TwistedWedge
02-01-2009, 03:21 PM
i have my money on curt to win the points this year ~ if he shows up to enough races ... he's a machine ...

sprayn93coupe
02-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Wow cool name and congrats, my car may be a little lighter and went to a larger width tire other than that its the same slow pig. What trans you going too? Jericho?

Tremec 500, I bought from Josh it worked great in his car last year it should be more than enough for me. I wanted a better trans because I plan to put the bottle back in it for some Test & Tune excitement.

sprayn93coupe
02-01-2009, 03:31 PM
i have my money on curt to win the points this year ~ if he shows up to enough races ... he's a machine ...

He give me a great race at N vs S last year however the pitbull (neon) looks to be tough for the 09 season as well.

331TwistedWedge
02-01-2009, 03:33 PM
it should be another fun year ... im ready for spring ...

1600 posts, what a milestone :lol:

Maximus
02-01-2009, 03:43 PM
it should be another fun year ... im ready for spring ...

1600 posts, what a milestone :lol:

Ahhh 1600, seems like yesterday.:lol:

12seclx
02-01-2009, 04:11 PM

ahh, beginner's luck.... ;)

Thanks for the compliment tho.

jason: thanks, that was a great race.... I think Pitbull will be tough as well.. He gave me a close race in the finals at the stickshift nationals....

PonymanfiveO
02-01-2009, 04:37 PM
You guys predict all you want but just beware Im bringing the Civic out this season to put all your asses on the trailer.

18.50's at 65mph look the f**ck out bitches!!!! :lol:

outlaw85
02-01-2009, 05:45 PM
2009 Ford Focus Stick Here For 09 Street Stick.

12seclx
02-01-2009, 05:51 PM
You guys predict all you want but just beware Im bringing the Civic out this season to put all your asses on the trailer.

:eek:...........:D

ChiliMan
02-03-2009, 01:52 AM

After your upcoming trip to Bradenton in a few short weeks, I think you'll have the fire to get the big boy going sooner rather than later.

transman
02-03-2009, 09:10 AM
its on this year:eek:

JIMS SVT
02-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Yup....sure is!

12seclx
02-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Yup....sure is!

I hope this spool helps make the car more consistent....:lol:
If you're gonna be out there, I think I'll need it....:cool1:

JIMS SVT
02-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I hope this spool helps make the car more consistent....:lol:
If you're gonna be out there, I think I'll need it....:cool1:

Nice sig...lol

JIMS SVT
02-03-2009, 12:36 PM
its on this year:eek:

You bringing the Power Stroke out lol?

Metcalf Racing
02-03-2009, 02:02 PM
I think I'll race just enough this year to screw with Mike. LMAO

kennebellcobra
02-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Yup....sure is!

Sweet....you still remember how to drive a stick:lol:

12seclx
02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Sweet....you still remember how to drive a stick:lol:

....:eek:.... yea, what he said... :D

JIMS SVT
02-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Lol...you guys are funny.

transman
02-03-2009, 07:19 PM
You bringing the Power Stroke out lol?

if i dont get the car done

transman
02-03-2009, 07:20 PM
....:eek:.... yea, what he said... :D

its like riding a bicycle isnt it jim

Evil_Capri
02-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I didn't race at all last season . . . got the itch (and hopefully my schedule permitting) to get back in the action this season. No points racing for me, but plan to run a few dates.

MFIELD
02-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I think I'll race just enough this year to screw with Mike. LMAO

Thats just wrong.:cool2:

Metcalf Racing
02-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Thats just wrong.:cool2:Actually I plan on trying to compete this year

331TwistedWedge
02-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Actually I plan on trying to compete this year

you cant keep anything running long enough to compete :lol:

i only said that, because its you metcalf :bigthumb

Steves LX
02-04-2009, 01:38 AM
I cant wait for UMTR to start. Or what I meant to say is I cant wait to see how Curt's car looks out the rear view mirror!!!:lol:

12seclx
02-04-2009, 02:11 AM
I cant wait for UMTR to start. Or what I meant to say is I cant wait to see how Curt's car looks out the rear view mirror!!!:lol:

Hey Chuck,...:lol:

Just remember, you make your car faster, I'll make mine faster....
or, did I already make it faster.......?......:eek:

Just messin' with ya... I'm sure it won't look any different in the rear view mirror vs. what it looked like out the windshield last year....:D...:cool2:

Steves LX
02-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Chuck,...:lol:

Just remember, you make your car faster, I'll make mine faster....
or, did I already make it faster.......?......:eek:

Just messin' with ya... I'm sure it won't look any different in the rear view mirror vs. what it looked like out the windshield last year....:D...:cool2:

I hear ya!!! Well unless I get this valvetrain fixed my sons 4CYL coupe will be out in front of me.

12seclx
02-04-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm sure you'll get it figured out...
Have you been practicing on powershifting?;)

Metcalf Racing
02-04-2009, 12:15 PM
you cant keep anything running long enough to compete :lol:

i only said that, because its you metcalf :bigthumb No worries Still just going to race my cobra....Your just mad because you know,that I know your easy pickins:dummy:

outlaw85
02-05-2009, 08:50 PM
From what I see on the track schedules and there not all up yet is as follows for UMTR 2009.

April 11 - E20
May 2 - Clay City
May 16 - E20
June 13 - E20
July 11 - E20
August 15 - NTR - N vs. S
August 29 - E20
September 26 - E20

Kelly Pelrine
02-05-2009, 10:53 PM
That sucks there are a couple UMTR races back to back with mine.

Black Horse
02-06-2009, 11:26 AM

Don't think of it in a bad way - think of it as a FULL WEEKEND of racing! Might as well pitch a tent and race BOTH days!!

Maximus
02-06-2009, 01:39 PM
From what I see on the track schedules and there not all up yet is as follows for UMTR 2009.

April 11 - E20
May 2 - Clay City
May 16 - E20
June 13 - E20
July 11 - E20
August 15 - NTR - N vs. S
August 29 - E20
September 26 - E20

I have Tina here with me and she is "Where did he get this??"

So this schedule is NOT Accurate!!!

Tina is waiting on the TRACK OWNERS to get off their ass and make a decision! So bear where her and she will try and have an official schedule soon.:)

ponymom05
02-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I saw those same dates. If you look at the track website under their schedules, UMTR is listed on those dates.

Kelly Pelrine
02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
I have Tina here with me and she is "Where did he get this??"

So this schedule is NOT Accurate!!!

Tina is waiting on the TRACK OWNERS to get off their ass and make a decision! So bear where her and she will try and have an official schedule soon.:)

Right on Craig, thanks!

Maximus
02-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Right on Craig, thanks!

I told her they should race with you.;)

Kelly Pelrine
02-06-2009, 02:07 PM
I told her they should race with you.;)

:D

hey i thought we were going to Robs today? haha!

Maximus
02-06-2009, 02:08 PM

hey i thought we were going to Robs today? haha!

Ill be leaving here in a bit.:eek:

Kelly Pelrine
02-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Ill be leaving here in a bit.:eek:

Doh! Well the heating guy is still here so im on lockdown lol. Hey did you ever think about my tshirt deal anymore? Cheap cheap advertising! :bigthumb

dstehlin
02-07-2009, 02:27 AM

If you did'nt want the umtr to have races the day before yours, why did you take the the 2008 umtr schedule and copy EVERY date we had at E2O ?
When I first saw your 2009 schedule, I thought you did this in hopes of having our umtr racers stay over night and run with you the next day ! What are you getting at when you say " That Sucks " on your post? Is it "That sucks" that the umtr did'nt schedule every race the day before the OSM races or "That Sucks" that the umtr had the nerve to try and use the same week ends as they did last year !

Dave Stehlin, UMTR

Maximus
02-07-2009, 02:29 AM
IBTB!:popcorn:

Rich
02-07-2009, 09:30 AM
As an outsider looking in...

I think Craig's right. It could be a full weekend of racing. UMTR at Edgewater ends very late on Saturday night generally. Pitch a tent, sleep in the car, whatever...get up early Sunday morning and race in OSM.

These two racing series could really benefit each other with car counts, spectators, money, and most importantly...fun!

ponymom05
02-07-2009, 09:42 AM
If you did'nt want the umtr to have races the day before yours, why did you take the the 2008 umtr schedule and copy EVERY date we had at E2O ?
When I first saw your 2009 schedule, I thought you did this in hopes of having our umtr racers stay over night and run with you the next day ! What are you getting at when you say " That Sucks " on your post? Is it "That sucks" that the umtr did'nt schedule every race the day before the OSM races or "That Sucks" that the umtr had the nerve to try and use the same week ends as they did last year !

Dave Stehlin, UMTR

It's too early in a season that hasn't started yet to be this bitchy. Can't we all just get along?

Foxxx5oh
02-07-2009, 09:54 AM
It's too early in a season that hasn't started yet to be this bitchy. Can't we all just get along?

if this is the dave stehlin im thinkin it it is...and this certain dave still has his camaro...then its his second nature to bitch about things :D :bigthumb:dummy:

Kelly Pelrine
02-07-2009, 11:17 AM

Dave Stehlin, UMTR

Umm you're assuming WAY too much here Dave. I didnt take your 08 schedule and copy shit. You really do think too highly of yourself if you think the only reason my schedule is the way it is, is because i based it on YOUR LAST YEARS schedule? Give me a phuckin break :lol:! You might want to not worry about me so much and focus your attention on yourself you ignorant ass. Treat people the way you've been treating them and you won't have many people left that have a high opinion of you, and you'll be dragging the UMTR right with you, sadly.

Kelly Pelrine
02-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Don't think of it in a bad way - think of it as a FULL WEEKEND of racing! Might as well pitch a tent and race BOTH days!!

Sorry, i didnt even see this before Dave. I agree! I wasnt meaning it in a bad way, more that i wouldnt be able to make them myself if i was too busy gettin ready for the next day haha. But apparently Stehlin is too paranoid to think i might of actually meant anything good!

Maximus
02-07-2009, 11:37 AM
WHOA!! This might be the first UMTR thread tossed to the Whipping room!!:eek::lol:

12seclx
02-07-2009, 11:48 AM
GOOZ-FRA-BA! Pel-dog..... Don't risk being unprofessional... I'm gonna have to pencil you in for some more anger management sessions....:bigthumb....

Kelly Pelrine
02-07-2009, 11:49 AM
WHOA!! This might be the first UMTR thread tossed to the Whipping room!!:eek::lol:

:lol: it would be a first for me.

Kelly Pelrine
02-07-2009, 11:52 AM
GOOZ-FRA-BA! Pel-dog..... Don't risk being unprofessional... I'm gonna have to pencil you in for some more anger management sessions....:bigthumb....

I admit i dont always think before i speak but that crap from him was way out of line. Im not the one that needs anger management classes lol. Hmm maybe paranoid delusion classes is more like it. Sorry if i seem unprofessional but when someone attacks me i am going to sure as hell voice my opinion! Besides, everything i stated was truth. If that hurts then oh well.

dstehlin
02-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Umm you're assuming WAY too much here Dave. I didnt take your 08 schedule and copy shit. You really do think too highly of yourself if you think the only reason my schedule is the way it is, is because i based it on YOUR LAST YEARS schedule? Give me a phuckin break :lol:! You might want to not worry about me so much and focus your attention on yourself you ignorant ass. Treat people the way you've been treating them and you won't have many people left that have a high opinion of you, and you'll be dragging the UMTR right with you, sadly.

WOW !!!
When I saw your schedule May 10th,June 7th,July 12th,August 9th,Sept.13th,Oct.11th and I looked at our 2008 schedule and it read May 10th,June 7th,July 12th,August 9th,Sept 13th,Oct 11th and there is only 52 week ends in a year it appeared that you wanted to try and schedule some races together, which I thought would be a good idea for both groups. I know that several racers in our group are looking forward to racing with the OSM and I was one of them ! Though I never filled my post with sugar I in no way meant it to be a personal attack on you. I simply wanted to know why you said "that sucks" when you saw that we had a back to back race !I thought that working together would be in the best intrest of both groups.
Unfortunatly or mabey fortunatly our away tracks picked some of these week ends and E2O gave us dates that did'nt coincide with some of the other ones but I still thought it would have been a good thing to work together !
I hope you have a nice day and a I wish you great success in the 2009 season !
Dave Stehlin

Foxxx5oh
02-08-2009, 09:15 AM
i think im gonna wait for OSM instead of running UMTR this year...

Kelly Pelrine
02-08-2009, 11:53 AM
WOW !!!
When I saw your schedule May 10th,June 7th,July 12th,August 9th,Sept.13th,Oct.11th and I looked at our 2008 schedule and it read May 10th,June 7th,July 12th,August 9th,Sept 13th,Oct 11th and there is only 52 week ends in a year it appeared that you wanted to try and schedule some races together, which I thought would be a good idea for both groups. I know that several racers in our group are looking forward to racing with the OSM and I was one of them ! Though I never filled my post with sugar I in no way meant it to be a personal attack on you. I simply wanted to know why you said "that sucks" when you saw that we had a back to back race !I thought that working together would be in the best intrest of both groups.
Unfortunatly or mabey fortunatly our away tracks picked some of these week ends and E2O gave us dates that did'nt coincide with some of the other ones but I still thought it would have been a good thing to work together !
I hope you have a nice day and a I wish you great success in the 2009 season !
Dave Stehlin

If you look at when those actual dates fall this year, you will see that all of my races are on Sunday for 2009, not Saturday. The calander changes every year and dates dont end up on the same days. I am renting the track this year and since they wouldnt give up a Saturday (understandably) i had to go with a Sunday schedule. My main conflict concerns were Ohio Valley, Milan, Norwalk and the NMRA because of the classes i have. OV is always on the 3rd week of the month so that was out. Milan is first weekend of the month and Norwalk i believe took the last weekend. So, that left me with 2nd week. I never even looked at your 2008 schedule. I do have one weekend that i'll be back to back with OV but that couldnt be avoided as E20 had that Sunday scheduled already. With so many venues out there and only 4 weekends a month it is hard to not conflict at times. I feel i got extremely lucky with my schedule as i had to pick the dates before the NMRA schedule was released and we only conflict with one event with them.

As far as working together, im always up for discussing things with any other series. If you felt that was the case why didnt you just call? I wouldnt have taken your response personal if you hadnt added in all the assumed rhetoric. Again it wasnt my intention to put our races on some of the same weekends and i honestly dont know how either of us could benefit $$$ wise other than doing some cross promoting but thats definitely something to be discussed on the phone :) And as i stated before, i said it sucks because i felt there was a very good possibility that i would be too busy to be able to attend the UMTR events prior to my races, as in "it sucks" because i will probably have to miss them. Good luck to you as well, i think its gonna be a kick ass year!

outlaw85
02-08-2009, 12:09 PM
i think im gonna wait for OSM instead of running UMTR this year...

X2 Way to go Dave!

69Cobra
02-08-2009, 06:28 PM

Dave Stehlin, UMTR

:dummy::popcorn::flipoff: WOW and people wonder why I don't have anything to do with UMTR anymore:rolleyes:

12seclx
02-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Oh Snap!.....:eek:..

orangecoupe
02-08-2009, 11:08 PM
X2 Way to go Dave!

X3 Can't wait for OSM 09

orangecoupe
02-08-2009, 11:10 PM
:dummy::popcorn::flipoff: WOW and people wonder why I don't have anything to do with UMTR anymore:rolleyes:

I don't wonder, I completely understand.

Dave should watch what he says on here wouldn't want his sponsers to see it. OH wait we can say whatever we want on Stangbangerz, just not on UMTR forum. LOL.

Maximus
02-09-2009, 01:06 AM
So are you guys and gals gonna let politics decide where you race?
:popcorn:

12seclx
02-09-2009, 01:14 AM
I had planned on just going to the Edgewater races but I might have to change that with all the "lethal" guys leaving for OSM....:bigthumb

Maximus
02-09-2009, 01:20 AM
I guess someone needs to fill me in.:confused:

jlt2006
02-09-2009, 07:41 AM
x2

?????

Foxxx5oh
02-09-2009, 09:13 AM

if you want to think of it like that, yes, i want to be racing with people who i know i can have fun with cause thats what its all about...

xgtracex
02-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Name one race last year that someone didn't have fun? All of you are bickering back and forth at each other like a bunch of little internet RICERS! I didn't expect to see this kind of display on a mostly GROWN-UP Forum but most posts I have seen in this thread are things I would hear from the mouth of a 16 year old KID hiding behind a keyboard!
All I am saying is come to the races, as soon as you get to the track you will forget all about all this and have a very good time. All this bickering is ridiculous!

I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly Pelrine
02-09-2009, 11:11 AM

I dunno if id call it politics lol, but i have seen people not show to a race because of the way they have been treated (at the track or away from it) or because they dont like someone or because someone they know got the shaft yadda yadda. It happens. But, ive also seen people get treated like crap over & over and they keep going back. Guess it just depends on the person/situation and what they want to support.

69Cobra
02-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Name one race last year that someone didn't have fun? All of you are bickering back and forth at each other like a bunch of little internet RICERS! I didn't expect to see this kind of display on a mostly GROWN-UP Forum but most posts I have seen in this thread are things I would hear from the mouth of a 16 year old KID hiding behind a keyboard!
All I am saying is come to the races, as soon as you get to the track you will forget all about all this and have a very good time. All this bickering is ridiculous!

I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patrick,
Was that directed at me?

Kris

Maximus
02-09-2009, 01:38 PM

I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is hiding behing a keyboard?
I am Craig of Cincy Speed. You can reach me at 513-821-2221 or email Craig@cincyspeed.com

As a sponsor, I have the right to know whats going on. If people arent happy I sure as hell want to know why. Especially if its going to affect the car count.
I remember the first season with UMTR...IT WAS GREAT!! I ran it once, told Vinny about it and then he made a post about UMTR here on Stangbangerz and then the SS class took off!! It was so much fun and many SBZ members told other people (even those without a Stang) and I decided that I wanted to help Karl out by sponsoring the Street Stick class. For $20 you couldnt beat it and getting out there cutting up, hanging out with your friends and having some good ole competition, well that was a bonus....The ONLY thing I heard from competitors, Bitching wise, was the long wait at E2O on race nights. Nothing of what Im hearing now....crazy.:(

xgtracex
02-09-2009, 03:28 PM
No this was directed at all those who are bitching and complaining about anything to do with the UMTR. I love this thing to much to see 2 or 3 people try and run it into the ground. Every race I have been to everyone has been more than nice and in my eyes I have seen everyone get along. Can't we just let bygones be bygones and all race in harmony like it was meant to be.

P.S. Craig in no way was my post an offense to the UMTR or Street Stick. I love Manual transmission racing to much watch let 2-3 people try and bring it down to such a level. So don't get your panties in a bunch.

Kelly Pelrine
02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
I dont see where anyone was bitching about any racers or lack of a good time racing. :dunno:

I do feel that everyone has a right to state their opinion though.

Me personally if someone has an issue i like to discuss it and see if i cant fix it. Not every decision i make with my series makes everyone happy but i do the best i can and i do it in a professional manner. Sometimes it just is what it is.

xgtracex
02-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Then why all this talk of people leaving the UMTR?

xgtracex
02-09-2009, 04:49 PM
In turn that would mean they are leaving for lack of a good time. At least that's how I see it.

RIXXX93GT
02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
:dunno:I had a good time in UMTR last year, I know I wasnt speaking regularly with everyone but I thought most everyone else was having fun also. I saw quite a few people trailer or drive their cars a couple hours to race so there was some fun being had.

5.0calypso93lx
02-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Hell, I had a great time just spectating some of the UMTR events last year. Should be much better if I'm able to participate this year.

Kelly Pelrine
02-09-2009, 05:21 PM

Its not my place to answer for them but in reading the thread i can see some are unhappy with how the UMTR has been run.

Maximus
02-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Hell, I had a great time just spectating some of the UMTR events last year. Should be much better if I'm able to participate this year.

Shit, I had ALOT of fun on the PA system at E2O! Its definately cheaper than racing.:lol::bigthumb

Kelly Pelrine
02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Shit, I had ALOT of fun on the PA system at E2O! Its definately cheaper than racing.:lol::bigthumb

I am looking for an announcer, you interested? It doesnt pay a ton but its a lil something :)

Maximus
02-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I am looking for an announcer, you interested? It doesnt pay a ton but its a lil something :)

If I can talk my Father in law into bringing the Nova down and racing, Ill do it.:D

Kelly Pelrine
02-09-2009, 06:37 PM
If I can talk my Father in law into bringing the Nova down and racing, Ill do it.:D

Ok cool... lemme know soon as ya can!

Maximus
02-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Is Quick Street 1/4 mile??

Kelly Pelrine
02-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Is Quick Street 1/4 mile??

Yep, only class in the series that is.

Maximus
02-09-2009, 06:42 PM
SWEET!! Now how much to enter??

Actually, why dont you go start your own thread and post up this stuff??:lol::bigthumb

Kelly Pelrine
02-09-2009, 06:43 PM
SWEET!! Now how much to enter??

Actually, why dont you go start your own thread and post up this stuff??:lol::bigthumb

Good idea.... i had one started, lemme look it up lol.

69Cobra
02-10-2009, 09:43 AM

Patrick,
Do you really need me to explain this to you, ...on why I'm done? I can't speak for everybody else but let me refresh your memory here. Were you at the banquet in 07 when Karl passed UMTR on to ME? Not Dave or your mom, ME. I asked Dave and your mom to join me in this new adventure not the other way around. With your mom working in the legal field she knew how to get the legal paper work processed to get it into "our" names. So let me ask you. Whose name is UMTR in? Well if you don't know its in Dave's name. At the time I thought, you know what I'm not going to make a big deal of this maybe things will work out and this will also tell me exactly what kind of person someone is. Yeah well it didn't take long to see its all about Dave. When Dave and I went to the PRI show last year we paid for everything out of our pockets, air fair, hotel, food, ect... So when I did the schedule last year we tried to get the tracks to agree to some sort of spectator gate money for us. You know like two dollars a spectator to help bring in some money to work off of and help payouts. Well, Clay City was one of those track that agreed to do so. So when I went to get the gate money I took $250 dollars out of it to just pay for my air fair to the PRI show. Well since Dave was out of town that weekend and didn't race with us if you remember he thought that I was just trying to steal money behind his back. If I was going to try and steal anything I wouldn't have told your mom about it now would I? Well come that Monday I get a flaming phone call from Dave calling me a thief and F'ing me this and F'ing me that and saying that I stole $250 dollars from HIM. I don't know if you have ever been called a thief Patrick but that don't go over to good with me. So that's why I'm done with UMTR as long as Dave has anything to do with it. Hope that answers your question.

Patrick,
I enjoy talking and being around everybody that races UMTR I just can't support it right now.

Here's Karl's last post on the UMTR board incase you have any question about who Karl passed UMTR on to.

When your dad's last years are directed by health,
Decisions are made, by conditions and not self.
The dreaded disease that claimed Ronnie Sox,
Is eroding away life, with each lap of the clocks.
Time spent away, is time that is lost,
So changes must be made, no matter the cost.
Priorities dictate that I now must leave,
And 69 Cobra Kris will take over our southern lead.
But before away I step, I would just like to say,
Because of you all there is excitement today!
In a sport that has killed all spectator appeal,
Your stick shift machines bring back smiles and good feel.
"A class for sticks won't work, we've tried it", they say,
But Jon,Tina,Mike and Dave, plus other's hard work, its reality today
In just a short time, the good news has spread,
That true fun and good memories are nowhere near dead.
Each year they come out, the old and the new,
The "other cars" are watching and wishing to play too.
You alone are the future and are preserving the skill,
Of gear banging, wheelstanding, and bringing back spectator thrill.
You alone stayed true, while all the others had changed,
Try to convince, using a clutch, you must be deranged.
As your numbers grow, the less you will hear,
The idiot "converter talk" you should switch to each year.
I'm proud of you all and am excited to say,
"Stick Shift Cars Rule" and invite another car today!
God Bless You All,
Karl
U.M.T.R.

12seclx
02-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Kris, that's mind boggling you were treated like that...
I'd still love to see you come out to the pro-tree races and kick some *ss!

ponymom05
02-10-2009, 08:32 PM
True colors always shine through. You are a standup guy and shouldn't be treated this way. I was looking forward to you running UMTR last year. Was very glad to be rid of hot-headed Karl. Sounds like we just got more of the same. Sorry for your ordeal Kris. But all said, I'm still running UMTR this year. Wish you were there!

orangecoupe
02-10-2009, 09:37 PM

I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought everyone on here knew who I was. In case they don't my name is Derek Wamsley, I raced a full season with UMTR last year. I am not racing with them while it is under the current management. I guess you have reads Kris's post by now. I do not like how people get treated and I am not hanging around for my chance to get screwed anymore. Everything is such a big secret, like where does your membership money go and where does all of the sponsor money go? I ran the stickers on my car and it sure didn't help my payout when I won or runnered up in S/S. Entry fees were the only thing we got from the series for payout. Thank god for Craig @ Cincy Speed he helped a ton with the gift cards, but he can't do it all. At most races you could have gotten more by winning the consi race.

stkshkr
02-11-2009, 02:36 AM
Jeez Kris, I wondered why you weren't racing! You and your family are what racing is all about, great people, always ready to help and demonstrating real sportsmanship. You were treated in an irresponsible manner and that is inexcusable. I will miss you and your family, but I understand why now.

gt4tb
02-11-2009, 07:07 AM
I want to point out to everyone who has read or commented on 69Cobra's post of yesterday morning that there are at least three sides to this story. I WILL NOT put my side of the story in print.

United Manual Transmission Racers was formed by Karl Thiele to bring together guys and gals who have a passion for stick shift drag racing and want to race against their peers. I was helping Karl from the beginning and I'm still involved in management because as you all know, the entire family has a passion for this sport.

If you want to race with UMTR, updates to our schedule will be posted on the UMTR website.
Tina

jlt2006
02-11-2009, 07:45 AM
While I understand there are more than one side to any story. I was present when Karl turned over the reins to Khris. It at least started pretty much the way Khris stated it. I have raced with UMTR because my street car is my race car. If it were a true race car, I am not sure I could stay.
JMO

93cobra
02-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Being mostly a spectator the past 2 seasons with my "car changes / got married / built a new house / new 3 month old baby etc situation" i cant say a whole lot. I can say though...I know lots of people involved & have witnessed lots of stuff with umtr helping my father in law with most events / being around it 90% of them etc... I don't care what anyone says, Kris is one of the coolest level headed helpful honest stand up guys I've met at the dragstrip.."was actually the first to welcome me & offer a hand the first umtr event I pulled into at kil kare in 05" with maybe 3 passes down a dragstrip period in anything prior etc.. I was at Clay City this past year too & witnessed the track owner screwing umtr guys around on the previous agreement that if it wasn't for kris keeping his cool / negotiating with guy to not burn bridges / salvage weekend best way possible etc...i would guess clay city would no longer be a stop on umtr schedules..etc. Dave has never done me wrong either so I'm not trying to sound like "rally against Dave & Tina either"... all this car stuff can be overated anyway...so everyone needs to sell their cars & take up flying airplanes....JUST KIDDING!! see everyone this year...hopefully the snake car will actually make the track this season...its almost done!

93cobra
02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
btw...thank you kris for spending all day helping me a few weeks ago with clutch / tranny etc refusing to take any money for your time...

69Cobra
02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Tina,
Everything I stated was fact. You don't have to send me a PM to tell me what you want to say you can say it here for everybody. I wasn't trying to accomplish anything. Patrick asked why I wasn't racing with UMTR anymore so I answered him.

You know after reading these post by Gene, Jeff, Johnny, Wams, Curt, Josh, Cathy and so on. I realize what a special group of people race UMTR. You can call them sheep, ...I'll call them friends.

Tina's PM:
I don't quite know where to start. What did you want to accomplish by posting your version of the story? There are at least three versions of this story and truthfully probably more. A few details left out, highlight some words and say some things that make you look like a martyr! Oh poor Kris! You were treated so badly by big bad Dave and bitchy Tina. Patrick was right, these poor sheep on stangbangerz will hang on to every word of someone who has a personal gripe against someone else and wants to hang it out on the internet. If you have a problem with Dave or me then you should be using a telephone not a keyboard.

You need to grow up!
Tina

69Cobra
02-11-2009, 09:08 PM
btw...thank you kris for spending all day helping me a few weeks ago with clutch / tranny etc refusing to take any money for your time...

Johnny,
I enjoy this stuff, stick shift drag racing is all I know. Anytime you need a hand just call I'll be more than happy to do what ever I can. I just want to see that thing make a pass:D

firestang70
02-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I think I see a possible solution. Set it up as Karl wanted and let Kris have control. If its all about fun and watching things grow, sounds like what is best for the series. I wasn't going to post until I was labeled a sheep. So to avoid anymore baaaaaaaad press and feeling why not let Kris have control as it should have been?

Maximus
02-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Baaaaaaaa......LOL!! Thats Ghey.

orangecoupe
02-11-2009, 09:22 PM
thanks kris i consider you a friend too. i am sure i will see you at the track this year.

outlaw85
02-11-2009, 09:25 PM
I think I see a possible solution. Set it up as Karl wanted and let Kris have control. If its all about fun and watching things grow, sounds like what is best for the series. I wasn't going to post until I was labeled a sheep. So to avoid anymore baaaaaaaad press and feeling why not let Kris have control as it should have been?

:agree:

69Cobra
02-11-2009, 09:27 PM

:eek: Yeah WHOA. I'm over it! To be honest I think Karl should have it back if you want to know what I think. It was truely a labor of love for Karl.

93cobra
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
poor sheep on stangbangerz....LOL

thats cool to hear from umtr rep after a man drops A LOT OF CASH in a car basically to support umtr.... not nmra, not nmca, not osm, etc etc

no hard feelings taken, just amusing...another moment i wonder how i got involved in this stuff...LOL

firestang70
02-11-2009, 09:43 PM
What can I say? I do live in the country.:D

firestang70
02-11-2009, 09:45 PM
:eek: Yeah WHOA. I'm over it! To be honest I think Karl should have it back if you want to know what I think. It was truely a labor of love for Karl.
Sorry I didn't know Kris. Just another brother looking out for another. My baaaaad.

12seclx
02-11-2009, 09:45 PM
poor sheep on stangbangerz....LOL

thats cool to hear from umtr rep after a man drops A LOT OF CASH in a car basically to support umtr.... not nmra, not nmca, not osm, etc etc

no hard feelings taken, just amusing...another moment i wonder how i got involved in this stuff...LOL

x2!

:bigthumb

ponymom05
02-11-2009, 09:49 PM

That's funny right there!!

69Cobra
02-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry I didn't know Kris. Just another brother looking out for another. My baaaaad.

Dale,
I appreciate the thought.

69Cobra
02-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Johnny,
What's the next step for the stang?

mustangjon
02-11-2009, 10:01 PM

Just dont go after the ones with the X spray painted on them, thats the one that kicks!

93cobra
02-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Johnny,
What's the next step for the stang?

well...heres a couple teaser shots of the snake car finally tucked in at the new house...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra002.jpg

basically bolt the front fenders / bumper cover back on after wiring & plumbing is done. replace interior, scale & go....:bigthumb

atbracn
02-11-2009, 10:24 PM
me and my father in law wondered what happen chris, but i'm glad i found out. that may cause me to rethink some things. chris is a hell of a guy and a man that knows clutches. i couldn't think of a better person to run umtr. sheep, maybe she should think about all the stangbangerz that do race that makes up umtr and s/s. chris , we still on for setting up my clutch.
just my .02 cents

brad sizemore

atbracn
02-11-2009, 10:27 PM
looking good johny

69Cobra
02-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Dayum Johnny! That thing looks better everytime I see it. Let me know if I can help.

Brad,
Anytime, just let me know when you get everything ready.

Kris

Maximus
02-11-2009, 10:48 PM
well...heres a couple teaser shots of the snake car finally tucked in at the new house...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra002.jpg

basically bolt the front fenders / bumper cover back on after wiring & plumbing is done. replace interior, scale & go....:bigthumb

Ok ya Cracker, put the Newborn down, get baaaaaaack to the garage and get yours done.:lol:

Sense we are posting teaser pics.....

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/13380102/354497191.jpg

atbracn
02-11-2009, 10:52 PM
we need more pics!!!!!!!!

Maximus
02-11-2009, 11:03 PM
we need more pics!!!!!!!!

Bring your happy buuuuuutt down to the shop, get your wiring harness, hand me some cash and you can see it in person.:)
Now Johnnys, you will have a bit of a drive to see his.:bigthumb

atbracn
02-11-2009, 11:09 PM
ahah alright, man your no fun and i'm not that happy.

69Cobra
02-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Ok ya Cracker, put the Newborn down, get baaaaaaack to the garage and get yours done.:lol:

:eek::eek::eek::eek: I'll have to stop by and see that.

93cobra
02-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Now Johnnys, you will have a bit of a drive to see his.:bigthumb

are you kidding...im now an indiana boy like brad...im probably closer for him than you are. i am 5 minutes from BES's new shop "st leon exit off 74";)

93cobra
02-11-2009, 11:51 PM

looking bad ass craig!

although at the moment my rear is dirty & needs dusted off...its still sexier:eek::D:bigthumb
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra1-1.jpg

Maximus
02-11-2009, 11:59 PM
looking bad ass craig!

although at the moment my rear is dirty & needs dusted off...its still sexier:eek::D:bigthumb
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/cobra1-1.jpg

What did you do, go out just now and snap a pic??:dummy:
Very nice.:bigthumb

My fuel tank is cooler....

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/13380102/354497182.jpg

:booty:

:lol::lol:

atbracn
02-12-2009, 12:03 AM
are you kidding...im now an indiana boy like brad...im probably closer for him than you are. i am 5 minutes from BES's new shop "st leon exit off 74";)

correction my little buddy, i built a new house in maineville up by kings island
both cars are still bad ass

93cobra
02-12-2009, 12:06 AM
What did you do, go out just now and snap a pic??:dummy:
Very nice.:bigthumb

My fuel tank is cooler....

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/13380102/354497182.jpg

:booty:

:lol::lol:

:popcorn:yeah...i walked out in the garage in my socks and snapped one. figured i'd make sure the windows didn't blow out yet with this wind blowing out here like it is..

yes your fuel tank is much cooler...i'll give you that:bigthumb

mustangjon
02-12-2009, 12:12 AM
yah you have, to have the coolest fuel tank on a street car:lol:

Maximus
02-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Im gonna take it down the street and see houw much Dave will charge me to polish it!:eek::lol::lol:

Anyway....how about that schedule??:tongue2:

93cobra
02-12-2009, 12:50 AM
correction my little buddy, i built a new house in maineville up by kings island

i thought you lived in connersville still..shows what i know:dummy:

331TwistedWedge
02-12-2009, 12:51 AM
johnny ... that cobra looks bad ass ... looks clean as hell :bigthumb

93cobra
02-12-2009, 01:00 AM
johnny ... that cobra looks bad ass ... looks clean as hell :bigthumb

thanks ricky...its no show car by anymeans and not near as clean as your coupe:bigthumb

her90LX
02-12-2009, 01:05 AM

Yes they both are bad ass but tell them all what you have up your sleeve baby!! Now that's gonna be bad ass!!!! ;)

cobrajoe
02-12-2009, 06:48 AM
http://www.millan.net/minimations/toolminis/anim_ssheep.gif (http://www.millan.net)

Steves LX
02-12-2009, 11:51 AM
So is there going to be any pro tree races this year?

nskaats
02-12-2009, 12:59 PM

Any word on the Pro Tree races?

Foxxx5oh
02-12-2009, 01:11 PM
i think OSM runs a .400 pro tree...but i could be mistaken or readin it wrong on their site

Steves LX
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
i think OSM runs a .400 pro tree...but i could be mistaken or readin it wrong on their site

Yeah OSM runs pro tree.400 just like UMTR should. Never understood why they don't. Other than a few people being cry baby's about it everyone else is cool with it. If you can't run a pro tree then stick to test n tune.

kathyp408
02-12-2009, 01:48 PM

Sorry to hear all this with you not being involved with UMTR. I hope that you come to the races since it's in your blood. I hate to see you not come around like Karl didn't. All this crap shouldn't keep you from doing what you live for. I agree with you about Karl. His intentions were completely unselfish- not saying that others are. I don't keep involved with all that is going on but it seems like there has been more conflict since the change of ownership. It seems to be more on the street stick class than the quick stick. I guess that is usually the case with redheaded stepchildren :(

Maximus
02-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Sorry to hear all this with you not being involved with UMTR. I hope that you come to the races since it's in your blood. I hate to see you not come around like Karl didn't. All this crap shouldn't keep you from doing what you live for. I agree with you about Karl. His intentions were completely unselfish- not saying that others are. I don't keep involved with all that is going on but it seems like there has been more conflict since the change of ownership. It seems to be more on the street stick class than the quick stick. I guess that is usually the case with redheaded stepchildren :(

I dont understand it either. SS wasnt broke and it brought in HUGE number of cars. Although it was probably ASSumed the faster SS cars would run QS and when they didnt, thats when changes started appearing.:confused:

Hopefully everything gets worked out and you ALL can get to racing again.:)

RIXXX93GT
02-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Looks to me as if the S/S class will be much slower this year in ET's.

outlaw85
02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Looks to me as if the S/S class will be much slower this year in ET's.

Thats what they wanted so looks like thats what there going to get! :mad:

sprayn93coupe
02-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Well I have decided to move to Quick Stick for 09, I can't wait til May 23.

93cobra
02-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah OSM runs pro tree.400 just like UMTR should. Never understood why they don't. Other than a few people being cry baby's about it everyone else is cool with it. If you can't run a pro tree then stick to test n tune.

.500 pro tree made absolutely no sense... out of dave's mouth directly at perkins before last season was "we need to avoid red lights"...guess what ...there were tons of red lights which = the few with their panties in a bunch even hated it worse... .400 pro tree would have fixed the red lights immediately

RIXXX93GT
02-13-2009, 12:06 PM

.500 pro tree made absolutely no sense... out of dave's mouth directly at perkins before last season was "we need to avoid red lights"...guess what ...there were tons of red lights which = the few with their panties in a bunch even hated it worse... .400 pro tree would have fixed the red lights immediately

I agree, .400 pro tree is where its at.

Maximus
02-13-2009, 02:24 PM

Red lights and a low car count are the two worse things for any class of racing.

nskaats
02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Pro tree races cut down on red lights and bring in plenty of cars...so it should be a no-brainer for the whole season :cool2:

Maximus
02-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Pro tree races cut down on red lights and bring in plenty of cars...so it should be a no-brainer for the whole season :cool2:

You would think. But there were a couple QS guys complaining about the Pro Tree, so thats why only one race was run that way.
Since the SS is the Sheep/redhead step children anyway, let the SS run a pro-tree and the QS guys run their regular sportsman tree. Hell, we now pay almost what the QS guys do anyway, so whats the harm?? I wonder what would happen if there were more QS dropping down to run with the SS guys and gals?:eek:

93cobra
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM

yes...but again .400 pro tree races cut down on red lights....not .500 pro tree...even my 60 year old father in law's reaction times red lit 75% of his runs on the pro tree runs held this past year at one or two events...:confused:

93cobra
02-13-2009, 02:50 PM
I wonder what would happen if there were more QS dropping down to run with the SS guys and gals?:eek:

I wish I could run S/S but I can already hear the bitching about my G Force. Kind of sucks too because my car aside from non d.o.t. slicks will be in 100% street legal form at all the races...

I technically am allowed to but don't want to ruffle feathers etc... & we all know everyone is quick to bitch & forgets that this is all fun more than serious sanctioned racing

This is why I already accepted that I'd run Q/S which is fine too...putting chevy's on the trailer is ok:eek: ;)...but i would love to run with my mustang buddies...

Maximus
02-13-2009, 03:01 PM
I wish I could run S/S but I can already hear the bitching about my G Force. Kind of sucks too because my car aside from non d.o.t. slicks will be in 100% street legal form at all the races...

I technically am allowed to but don't want to ruffle feathers etc... & we all know everyone is quick to bitch & forgets that this is all fun more than serious sanctioned racing

This is why I already accepted that I'd run Q/S which is fine too...putting chevy's on the trailer is ok:eek: ;)...but i would love to run with my mustang buddies...

Some people like to Bitch all the time, run SS and have fun.:bigthumb

93cobra
02-13-2009, 03:33 PM

I'll just play it by ear because Im really ok with going either way...

Hell I'll be any easy win anyway with no seat time in 2 years...:dummy:

If S/S goes pro tree and Q/S dosen't ...i'd rather enter S/S

Steves LX
02-13-2009, 04:52 PM
I'll just play it by ear because Im really ok with going either way...

Hell I'll be any easy win anyway with no seat time in 2 years...:dummy:

If S/S goes pro tree and Q/S dosen't ...i'd rather enter S/S

Yeah well good luck with the whole pro tree deal for S/S. I was told by somebody that 3 certain people dont want it so it's probably not going to happen. And for me too gripe about it is stupid because I'm not running for points anyways due to conflicting schedules with UMTR and my kids baseball games. I'm still going to run all the events I can though.

93cobra
02-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I was told by somebody that 3 certain people dont want it so it's probably not going to happen.

I believe one of the ones most against it is one of Tina's relatives :eek: ...I'll go ahead & say it because its no secret...I could be wrong though and i respect anyones opinion but i think a vote from all the supporters would be more important than 1-3 people etc..

Maximus
02-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Yeah well good luck with the whole pro tree deal for S/S. I was told by somebody that 3 certain people dont want it so it's probably not going to happen. And for me too gripe about it is stupid because I'm not running for points anyways due to conflicting schedules with UMTR and my kids baseball games. I'm still going to run all the events I can though.

Then they should run QS.:D

atbracn
02-13-2009, 06:59 PM

johny, who gives a shit about the bitching. i am running a jerico dr-4 and i plan on running both just to double my pleasure. i look at it like this, if your going to have all the money in the car you mights as well get your money's worth. hell i'm going to try some outlaw 8.5 stuff just for shit's and giggles. 8.5 stuff is going to be interesting but it's all in fun.

69Cobra
02-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Im really ok with going either way...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Thats funny:bigthumb

outlaw85
02-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Well I have decided to move to Quick Stick for 09, I can't wait til May 23.

I guess your running the North 2009 season? .:agree: Can't say I blame you considering here in the south were just a bunch of (SHEEP) being led by (UMTR MANAGMENT) liars and theives. This is suppose to be fun I thought? But as Dave always says were not BRACKET 1. :lol:

I am also in favor of the .400 pro tree and would like to thank Cincy Speed for sponsoring Street Stick last year without Craig winning would have barely paid for the fuel to get there!

orangecoupe
02-13-2009, 10:13 PM
We're not Bracket 1, you can say that again. Pretty sure not too many south cars in the 4's or 5's. Definately not Bracket 1. LOL!!!

atbracn
02-13-2009, 10:18 PM
it's not bracket 1? i guess i'm selling my shit and buying a boat! or maybe start coin collecting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's up wams?

orangecoupe
02-13-2009, 10:26 PM
not much. hear you are going to have a bad a$$ combo.

atbracn
02-13-2009, 11:41 PM
not much. hear you are going to have a bad a$$ combo.

i wouldn't say bad ass but your right about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
hopefully i have it done this year.
i'll have to stop up over at the garage when josh get's the spring's off
his car.

Evil_Capri
02-14-2009, 07:56 AM

Yeah! I have just as much fun talking to people and seeing everyone, more so than worrying how slow/fast the Mach is going to run. Of course, I didn't run at all last year so I have nothing to complain about! :lol: :bigthumb

ChiliMan
02-14-2009, 04:43 PM
What is the big deal with who runs SS or QS? I ran 5 events last year and only made it past the second round once. As far as the tree goes, it may be that some people want to be able to still fall alseep at the line and make a good run. But this is still drag racing and reaction times should come into play. I hope they go with a .400 Pro Tree, I red lit to many times last year. See ya'll at the track.

MADMOD
02-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Im really ok with going either way...

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!:eek::popcorn:

93cobra
02-14-2009, 11:49 PM
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!:eek::popcorn:

:lol::lol:Alright smart asses!...."you & kris":popcorn::popcorn:that didn't sound too good huh...:pump::barf::lol:

5.4Supercharged
03-23-2009, 03:13 PM
:lol:

juiced347
04-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Are they running 1/4 at mcir this year last i herd they are shutting it down to 1/8mile due to water issues. Also if you all need a hand at pacemakers, mcir and trails let me know they are all 45mins from my house but I might get lucky and be able to run my car at one or two events