PDA

View Full Version : Pro 5.0 Gears?

graysonracin
01-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Anyone running these or have any experience with them. Its the same co that makes the shifter. Ive heard they were made by ford, but i dont know really. They say they are very strong and designed to be quieter. I was thinking of getting their 3.90 instead of a motive. Any thoughts. Thanks

05yellowgt
02-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I thought I heard that they are Motive gears. I'd call them up and ask.

NXcoupe
02-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Anyone running these or have any experience with them. Its the same co that makes the shifter. Ive heard they were made by ford, but i dont know really. They say they are very strong and designed to be quieter. I was thinking of getting their 3.90 instead of a motive. Any thoughts. Thanks

They are motive gears. Says right on them. I called and it took a while to beat it out of them, but they are motive. I have set up their 3.90's with success. I borrowed a tool to set the pinion depth and it worked well, so I bought my own and modified my caliper's to work with the tool. the guy has a bunch of miles on them and they are still quiet, but it is a hit or miss with any motive gear.

graysonracin
02-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Ill probably go with either one then as they are made by the same people. Does ford racing make a 3.90? I didnt find any listings for a motorsport gear but thought id ask. Thanks for the info guys!

Evil_Capri
02-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Ill probably go with either one then as they are made by the same people. Does ford racing make a 3.90? I didnt find any listings for a motorsport gear but thought id ask. Thanks for the info guys!

No, FRPP does not manufacturer 3.90s for the 8.8.