PDA

View Full Version : anyone on here runnin 2 kits

1badFn5.0
02-02-2009, 11:41 AM
just wonderin some opinion on running 2 nitrous kits on a 5.0 . i was thinkin bout one right before the throttle body and hidin one in the inner fender and spray it right before the mass air... anyone else have a set and tried this ??

Jeff88coupe
02-02-2009, 11:58 AM
I haven't ran two kits yet...but I have the option to setup 2 stages with my NX efi plate kit. I have always just ran as much as I wanted to spray with one stage...I like to keep it simple. Don't have to mess with any timers or timing retards that way. How much are you looking to spray?

1badFn5.0
02-02-2009, 12:01 PM
I was thinking about running a 200 on it but havent decided.. car has hci goin on here soon , will be alum headed stock piston 302 92 forged motor, someone told me to run two kits and let it eat so who knows i was thinking 150 wet and 100 dry wouldnt be a bad idea

Jeff88coupe
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
I would look at using one of the efi plate kits (NOS,NX, or Edelbrock)...they are alot less prone to fuel puddling and backfires. I have used both a NOS gt40 efi bigshot plate and a NX tfs-r efi plate. Have run up to a 200 shot so far with good results. Another option is to setup a dry kit with larger solinoids and injectors to spray that much..then have a pms control the added fuel.

1badFn5.0
02-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the info, im sure metcalf will chime in on this.. he was running two kits on his ss camaro he sold awhile back

YouGotJunk
02-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the info, im sure metcalf will chime in on this.. he was running two kits on his ss camaro he sold awhile back

He runs atleast two nitrous kits on everything that he owns, lol. Running two nitrous kits isn't a bad idea. Most of your smaller (cheaper) nitrous kits don't flow much over 150-175. Once you start trying to max them out, they don't work as efficiently. Running two smaller kits will be pretty efficient and it won't cost you an arm and a leg. I say go for it, 150 wet and the 100 dry, wired up to the same button of course!!

black90lx
02-02-2009, 03:45 PM
just wonderin some opinion on running 2 nitrous kits on a 5.0 . i was thinkin bout one right before the throttle body and hidin one in the inner fender and spray it right before the mass air... anyone else have a set and tried this ??

Damn your going to spray the bag off of it. Lol

1badFn5.0
02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Damn your going to spray the bag off of it. Lol
yoou know it

1badFn5.0
02-02-2009, 09:48 PM
So does the way i said to hook up the two kits does that sound right,?? one befor the tbody and one befor the mass air ??

Metcalf Racing
02-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Sorry man, I just seen this. I had a 5.0 5 speed convertible with a comp cam. I hooked up two dry kits on it. I ran all the vacuum lines together hooked one kit in front of the mass air with a 75 jet. The second kit had a 55 jet in it and I had it in front of the TB. The car did have a 190 intank pump. The car ran 11.62@116 with a 1.88 60ft This car had 19lb injectors

I hooked and Nos Dry kit in front of the mass air with a 88 jet on my last, (blue) fox body, Then I installed a NX wet kit in front of the TB jetted with 150 pills. it was fast and I sprayed it alot but not at the track. This car did have 30lb injectors. But with a wet kit injector size doesn't matter much

Use NOS dry kits only.................

Metcalf Racing
02-03-2009, 01:43 PM
just wonderin some opinion on running 2 nitrous kits on a 5.0 . i was thinkin bout one right before the throttle body and hidin one in the inner fender and spray it right before the mass air... anyone else have a set and tried this ??Yes this sounds right but jet the one in the fender with the bigger shot

1badFn5.0
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Sorry man, I just seen this. I had a 5.0 5 speed convertible with a comp cam. I hooked up two dry kits on it. I ran all the vacuum lines together hooked one kit in front of the mass air with a 75 jet. The second kit had a 55 jet in it and I had it in front of the TB. The car did have a 190 intank pump. The car ran 11.62@116 with a 1.88 60ft This car had 19lb injectors

I hooked and Nos Dry kit in front of the mass air with a 88 jet on my last, (blue) fox body, Then I installed a NX wet kit in front of the TB jetted with 150 pills. it was fast and I sprayed it alot but not at the track. This car did have 30lb injectors. But with a wet kit injector size doesn't matter much

Use NOS dry kits only................. so your sayin run two dry kits ?? or run one wet and one dry , where should the wet kit go befor the tbody or in the fender ?

black90lx
02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
if you are going to run a wet kit don't put it in the fenderwell. that is to far for the fuel to travel and it might catch the car on fire if you would have a nitrous backfire.

1badFn5.0
02-03-2009, 07:01 PM
if you are going to run a wet kit don't put it in the fenderwell. that is to far for the fuel to travel and it might catch the car on fire if you would have a nitrous backfire.
thats what i was thinkin we dont need a hose it down lol

1992MustangDW
02-24-2009, 09:50 PM
I have one plate kit between the throttle body and another nozzle wet kit, were should I put the nozzle kit? Or should I just use that one dry?