PDA

View Full Version : Secure your stuff!

RACEME
02-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Keep in mind that with the bad economy and lots of people out of work, that crime is going up alot. The amount of house break-ins and theft is getting higher every day. A friends house got hit last Friday during the day. They broke in took a big screen, guns, jewelry and other stuff. That place is only 1/4 mile from my rental house.

I went out over the weekend and put several additional padlocks on my garage. This is a place that I never needed to lock in the past 12 years I have owned it. Hell used to leave the keys in all the cars there.

I feel it will get worse before it gets better.....

DeckerEnt
02-03-2009, 08:38 AM
A sign of the times. A little prevention goes a long way. Replace broken or burned out security lights to prevent night time robbers. Security alarms, loud ones work too.
Keith

holeshot
02-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Tim, did you hear about the one by us where a family that was all strung out on meth broke into a house, but before they went in they took their shoes off because they didnt want to get mud on the carpet? Someone drove by and noticed a strange car and called the cops and they were busted in the act without shoes.

nkystanger
02-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Had a guy knock on my door and ask for money late Saturday night, said his car was broken down on columbia parkway and he lived right down the street but need money for a tow. It just didnt feel right, after i asked him a few questions he kinda stumbled. I think he was casing the neighborhood.

beefcake
02-03-2009, 09:36 AM
i'm probably gonna do a security system ion the next week or 2 myself

dedpedal
02-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Makes me wonder about my place. Not that I have anything worth stealing here.

RACEME
02-03-2009, 11:22 AM
That is why I secured the garage. There is not alot in the house worth taking.

RACEME
02-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Tim, did you hear about the one by us where a family that was all strung out on meth broke into a house, but before they went in they took their shoes off because they didnt want to get mud on the carpet? Someone drove by and noticed a strange car and called the cops and they were busted in the act without shoes.

I can't believe they broke into Brian Fullenkamps house in broad daylite with all his relatives living on that same little road.

BigBadStang
02-03-2009, 11:48 AM
I can't believe they broke into Brian Fullenkamps house in broad daylite with all his relatives living on that same little road.

The balls some of these dirtbags have continues to amaze.
We're tightly secured, and send the coroner for the one that sacks up and tries when we are home.:evilgrin:

I hope any fellow 'Bangerz don't get "hit".

I see many homes where people leave their attached garage doors open at night :eek:! It amazes me that people are that stupid.

Pops Fun
02-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I've been looking for some cameras..

facemelter71
02-03-2009, 04:49 PM
My buddy installs security systems for a living.I might be able to get some prices if you need some thing installed or if you just want to buy it outright.

Gene
02-03-2009, 10:55 PM
This is why I'm glad I have a large dog that's very territorial.

DeckerEnt
02-03-2009, 11:37 PM
I just have a small dog that will probably lick them to death. Then roll over and want her tummy rubbed. LOL!! Actually, she barks up a storm if anyone even steps in my yard. Trying to break her from it but not really trying that hard.
Keith

FMGT1999
02-03-2009, 11:44 PM
I found a recent picture of Deckers basement. This is no lie... :D

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0b6n55a9pb4iB/610x.jpg

Kyle

FMGT1999
02-04-2009, 12:33 AM
And this is the first room, we didn't even make it all the way back to the safe... :lol:

RACEME
02-04-2009, 06:34 AM
And this is the first room, we didn't even make it all the way back to the safe... :lol:

I was wondering if he downsized.....