PDA

View Full Version : Good Thing...

BigBadStang
02-03-2009, 06:33 PM
We were only supposed to get a dusting to 1" of snow today. Now that it has stopped here in Fairfield Township, I just finished blowing off another 6" (measured and verified by me) of newly fallen snow from the driveway. Why can't the Meteorologists get this shit right? I think since they stopped actually forcasting, and relying on those damn computer models, their accuracy has went to shit.
If most of us were as dead wrong as these goofballs are, we would be out of a job.

cstreu1026
02-03-2009, 06:47 PM
When I left Mason it was a freaking blizzard. In lebanon it was there was light coating on the roads. In Waynesville the roads were wet with a light dusting of new snow on the mounds from the last storm. When I got home the roads were dry and we damn near had sun.

blk93notch
02-03-2009, 07:17 PM
We were only supposed to get a dusting to 1" of snow today. Now that it has stopped here in Fairfield Township, I just finished blowing off another 6" (measured and verified by me) of newly fallen snow from the driveway. Why can't the Meteorologists get this shit right? I think since they stopped actually forcasting, and relying on those damn computer models, their accuracy has went to shit.
If most of us were as dead wrong as these goofballs are, we would be out of a job.

i swear thats the only job you can screw up so much and still keep it. then they just blame it on mother nature.

Holly
02-03-2009, 07:19 PM
It's a blizzard in New Richmond right now. I can usually see Kentucky from my back yard, but not right now. My boss called work at 4:15 and told us to get home, the roads were bad. It took me 45 minutes, the worse part was my damn driveway, I slid down it backwards in the Charger. I opened the garage door and slid on in. :lol: Then I salted my driveway, but it doesn't look like it's working.

Evil_Capri
02-03-2009, 07:20 PM
I am usually happy to see snow, but spring can't get her fast enough this year!

BigBadStang
02-03-2009, 07:20 PM
It's a blizzard in New Richmond right now. I can usually see Kentucky from my back yard, but not right now. My boss called work at 4:15 and told us to get home, the roads were bad. It took me 45 minutes, the worse part was my damn driveway, I slid down it backwards in the Charger. I opened the garage door and slid on in. :lol: Then I salted my driveway, but it doesn't look like it's working.

If you are in the same path I was, you can expect about 6" of this crap.

IWRBB
02-03-2009, 07:30 PM
That snow was some of the slickest stuff I've ever driven in. I saw 3 wrecks in 2 miles and had to turn around twice due to cars stuck on gentle grades. There was some sheet metal damaged this afternoon for sure.

Mista Bone
02-03-2009, 10:38 PM
8-9" here, but still had to work......

2.5 hours to go 16 miles on 275 EB from Hamilton Ave to Montgomery Road until I finally convinced them to cancel my route.

I drove from Route 4 to I-71 and never touched the gas, idled the whole way.

02mingryGT
02-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Was at my Grandmother's in Loveland when this crap hit. Left at 4 pm and took three hours to get home. Let me give a shout out to the Loveland road crews....your the BEST :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't remember the weather people ever being accurate so I don't think it's computer models causing this.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-04-2009, 07:34 AM
I got up and looked outside and just shook my head. Last i heard was 2 to 4 inches, and yeah it was snowing hard with huge quarter sized flakes but none of it was sticking. Now everything is under a good 5 or 6 inches of snow AGAIN. Yesterday i was gonna dig out the Merkur and clean it off...i'm glad i didn't now!

Blackpony
02-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Last night i had some asshole try to pick a fight with me cause he claims i was driving too slow. I wanted to stick my foot in his ass but it just wasn't worth it. I can't belive people out there are just to impatient and have no clue on how to drive.

tdm309
02-04-2009, 10:00 AM
I got 8" in Richmond,IN yesterday. Everyone kept telling me its snowing. In Xenia,OH where I work got just a dusting. Weird ass weather

Scarlet03
02-04-2009, 04:46 PM
I left work in Erlanger @ 4:00pm and I live off 42 in Florence and it took me over an hour to get home! My Mustang is half on the driveway and half in my yard! That's the only way I could make it so I left it there..... I put down salt also but it hasn't done anything yet!

jdo89lx
02-04-2009, 05:21 PM
i have to drive my stang this winter. its no fun. it took me and hour and fifteen minutes to go 3 miles home last night. i was sideways the whole way down 747. then it took me three tires(after some idiot in a awd audi had to turn around in the middle of the street) to get up the hill in front of my apartment complex. finally with 40 mph head start i got up it.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Last night i had some asshole try to pick a fight with me cause he claims i was driving too slow. I wanted to stick my foot in his ass but it just wasn't worth it. I can't belive people out there are just to impatient and have no clue on how to drive.

You should've pushed his ass down in the snow and then picked up a huge handful of snow and stuffed it down his shirt :dummy:

Blackpony
02-05-2009, 11:01 PM
You should've pushed his ass down in the snow and then picked up a huge handful of snow and stuffed it down his shirt :dummy:

If i would have went that far i might as well give his women in the car my number and tell her when she wants a real man to call me

sean
02-05-2009, 11:05 PM
I was at the rave watching a movie, came out to my mustang covered in snow. It took me @ 7 min to get there and about 45 min to make it to the walgreens on the corner of cin-day and tylersville. Ya know, You really dont notice the hills untill your trying to make it up one covered in snow in a slightly built fox..lol That hill at the 1/2 mile to cin-day rd on 75 north looked like a mountain... The bad thing was I walked to walmart and passed my 79 lifted short bed chevy 4x4 on 33's no less sitting at the shop where it is waiting to be fixed. Oh yea good night...