PDA

View Full Version : Clutch thoughts?

mustangjon
02-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Ok well my lincoln build is starting to continue further into its voyage. I've got a tremec 3550 being sent to me, has been rebuilt with tko specs, the 26 spline input, ect. I'm going to be putting about 8lbs of boost to the car also.. :D Even tho the car is getting away from a daily driver for me, its still going to be street driven, with i guess some umtr racing thrown in.

Clutch suggestions? I dont want too grabby that im breaking parts, but obviously will need something to hold some power. Also would a stock flywheel be sufficient?

I still have to piece together all the rest of the conversion, this is just the gearbox itself i have coming.

Thanks as usual

mustangjon
02-05-2009, 09:55 PM
wow no opinions?

How about the aluminum or steel flywheel atleast. I've been out of the manual game for a while now. Last one was a 4x4 blazer i tore the t5 up in lol.

cstreu1026
02-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Go with a steel fly wheel. The aluminum one won't have enough inertia to get the car up and moving efficently. I think a spec stage 1 would fit the bill and a stage 2 should be more than enough. A lot of people seem to seem to like the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch as well though I have never driven one.

kennebellcobra
02-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Check out promotionpowertrain.com

NXcoupe
02-06-2009, 10:56 AM
I would use a centerforce dual friction or a spec stage 2+. Your car is heavy so you want a clutch that will take some power but also handle the resistance/load. There are a lot of local businesses that can help you with your clutch selection. I have a few in stock you can look at, and there are people on the boards that have just about every different clutch you could think of in their cars you could snag a ride in before you buy. I have a spec 3+ in my vert for instance.

MuStAnGMaDdNeSs
02-06-2009, 08:52 PM
I'd say the centerforce clutch would be best to go with. I have one in my stang and i personally like it.

Drivermod
02-06-2009, 09:01 PM
I would use a centerforce dual friction or a spec stage 2+. Your car is heavy so you want a clutch that will take some power but also handle the resistance/load. There are a lot of local businesses that can help you with your clutch selection. I have a few in stock you can look at, and there are people on the boards that have just about every different clutch you could think of in their cars you could snag a ride in before you buy. I have a spec 3+ in my vert for instance.

Ditto!