PDA

View Full Version : story of my car............

Jrcmutang
02-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Well i am bored at work so i thought I would write a story on my car....... so here it goes: One day i was talking mustangs in line at the concessions at Tri-State and this guy behind us over heard us talking. He asks if we were in the maket to purchase a car because he was really into the cyclone scene and had no use for the car and wanted to finish the paint on his truck. He said he had purchased the car from a buddy that got divorced. So i thought what the heck I will inquire more on the car?? Well come to find out it was a black on black coupe 5.0, 5 speed. I was like wow!! Im more partial to two-tone GTs but hey why not possibly make an investment?? The car came with 5 star ponies, a 4 inch harwood cowl hood, an x cam, 30lb injectors, 3:73 gear, MSD 6A, UPR shifter, and a mass air meter, bbk shorties, off road h pipe and flowmaster 2 chambers. Thought the car sounded pretty nice and a "rarer" car. Plus it was all original interior and not dyed. I was thinging to myself now to hear the "coupe" price of like 4500 or something like that....... he said he would let it go for $$1600......... i about shit myself. I was like wow well can you send me pics thinking it would be a total rust bucket?? I got the pics and it looked pretty good, with the typical rust spots on a fox, but overall pretty nice. So off to indiana i went to get my first coupe. When I got there though, i found out the bad news: the car wouldnt run very well because of bent valves bc of the x cam and stock pistons and heads.

Not to be discouraged though, bc i had my motor from my old car, a 351. The car then sat in a friends store-an-lock for about a year, while i saved up some cash to get the parts I wanted. Man, it killed me to know the car was in there and i couldnt drive it. I then tried to sell it bc i found a 95 GTS i liked, but long story short it got bought before i could come up with the money. So i bought a complete UPR k member kit for the front, upper and lowers for the rear, and sub frames. I had my 351 in my old GT and could never get it to stop running hot so needless to say i could never really drive it. My current job wouldnt allow me time to work on the car myself because of always traveling during the week and i dont have a garage of my own. I contacted Chad393na to see what he could possibly do for me, and he hooked me up. I want to also give a big THANKS to him for all the hard work he has done on my car!! Without him, it still would be in the store-an-lock.... lol covered in dust!!!

Well the day finally came to pick up my car and drive it, man what an overwelming joy!! I got pulled over in it 3 times in the first month!! Well now for the downside of the story, KIL Kare wouldnt let me race bc of a cracked windshield on the passenger side, so i was pretty bummed!! So the next week I went to Tr-State and they didnt even care, so i was about to do back flips i was so excited!!! Well after driving the car for awhile, it delveloped a rear main leak, so i decided to pull the motor and have chad fix that. While the motor is out i sent it to a friends body shop to have the inner frame rails fixed and get it ready for paint. Im going to have it sprayed black again but dont know who im going to have do it. I would like to have a little green flake in it, kinda like a monster can??

Lately i have been buying more parts for the car while body work is getting done..... thanks to kelly i bought his whole moser rear end with 97 rear disks and his whole areomotive fuel system. Im hoping to get into the 11s this year with slicks because it just spins real bad leaving on pep boy speicals at idle. I might even put a little giggle to her?? Who knows?? I have another 351 though thats made for boost so thats at a later date.......

Tried to post some pics, but files are to large?

1992MustangDW
02-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Take your files into "paint" and go to image ... Stretch/Skew and type in 50..50 in the first to boxes, sounds like a nice car

Jrcmutang
02-04-2009, 11:47 AM
thanks!!!
Here is the car with draglites, also have 93 chrome cobras for it

Jrcmutang
02-04-2009, 11:49 AM
here it is

1992MustangDW
02-04-2009, 03:01 PM
car looks very nice.

Jrcmutang
02-04-2009, 03:03 PM
thanks, but its deffinitly a 20 footer

1992MustangDW
02-04-2009, 03:14 PM
So is everything I have ever owned. lol

Jrcmutang
03-02-2009, 11:14 AM
it finally made it to the body shop............

Jrcmutang
03-02-2009, 11:15 AM
more of pics

Jrcmutang
03-02-2009, 11:17 AM
i love that POR-15 stuff looks and works great, kinda high though at 48 a quart

PKFIRE
03-02-2009, 11:58 AM
i love that POR-15 stuff looks and works great, kinda high though at 48 a quart

Can you go into more detail about the PQR-15? I heard you can put it on over the rusty areas. Is there anytype of prep and can you spray a rusted hole in your floor pan?

Keep us updated!

Foxxx5oh
03-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Can you go into more detail about the PQR-15? I heard you can put it on over the rusty areas. Is there anytype of prep and can you spray a rusted hole in your floor pan?

Keep us updated!

http://www.por15.com/ :bigthumb

Jrcmutang
03-02-2009, 12:33 PM
i just grind as much away as i can and clean and prep the area with some brake clean and scuff it and then put it on with a paint brush, this stuff is amazing no brush marks!! Ask keith, he has used a bunch of this stuff on his coupe! Just did my gas tank and it turned out great