PDA

View Full Version : Flamer goes to the Dyno

kennebellcobra
02-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Well...I just got back from MD's...went ahead and braved the weather...left at 4:30 this morning.

I had set up with Ken to have a fake dyno come up at 321 rwh just to screw with Curt and his freak motor(he was there)...I also really did'nt expect to break the 300 mark so I was just going to mess with him a little.

After getting him good...the look on his face was priceless...we told him that was fake and started doing some real pulls.

The first pull was 300...I was shocked...I only had base timing at 14 degrees so I put it up to 16 and 305...it was a little fat even with only having 19's so I took some fuel pressure out and the final #'s are 306h and 330t.

I still can't hardly believe it made that with a stock bottom end 9:1, home ported gt-40's, explorer intake, TF stage 1 cam(out of Mfields split block) shorties, full exhaust with flowmasters, a/c, clutch fan, and stock electronic's.

Can't go to the track yet but at least I got my fix on the dyno.lol

BIG Thanks to Ken and a great bunch of guys at MD...you guys are the greatest.

1992MustangDW
02-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Good numbers!

1badFn5.0
02-04-2009, 09:37 PM
so thats all thats done to that was what you posted, trickflow kits barely push that 300 mark..

kennebellcobra
02-04-2009, 10:31 PM
so thats all thats done to that was what you posted, trickflow kits barely push that 300 mark..

Yep...pretty much...I left out granetli meter, home made intake piping with furnco coupling and some pipe, crane b-hive spring kit and a 6al box.

mustangjon
02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
nice numbers shannon. should be a nice backup car:lol:

12seclx
02-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Great numbers Shannon... You got me thinkin'... and researchin'...
Should be a fun-filled year... We'll see how bad it bothers me this year to be the slower car... :D

Qtr milerocket
02-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Those are good solid numbers Shannon you'll be 11 second capable now, it'll be some interesting match races between you and Curt...........which I'm sure is bound to happen! :D

Peace :cool2:

James

NXcoupe
02-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Nice numbers!!

DeckerEnt
02-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Congrats Shannon. Great numbers in this cold as hell weather. Ken is a good guy!
Keith

12seclx
02-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Those are good solid numbers Shannon you'll be 11 second capable now, it'll be some interesting match races between you and Curt...........which I'm sure is bound to happen! :D

Peace :cool2:
James

Right you are James...

I think I'll be on the phone for most of the day tomorrow...
Custom cam, pro-shifted trans, spool, elec. water pump, etc. etc....
:eek:

It's time to take the gloves off.... :tongue2:....:lol:

kennebellcobra
02-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Right you are James...

I think I'll be on the phone for most of the day tomorrow...
Custom cam, pro-shifted trans, spool, elec. water pump, etc. etc....
:eek:

It's time to take the gloves off.... :tongue2:....:lol:

I went ahead and ordered some coil overs, strange adjustable for all around, the whole upr pro race suspension, arb, ripped off the a/c, ps, back seat, kirkey fronts a few other top secret stuff :flipoff::lol::lol::lol:

kennebellcobra
02-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Congrats Shannon. Great numbers in this cold as hell weather. Ken is a good guy!
Keith

I wish he had the mobile dyno already so we have done it outside in that great air last night:lol: The dyno said it was 67 degrees on that pull.

Stangman
02-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Should be a fun-filled year... We'll see how bad it bothers me this year to be the slower car... :D

Don't count out ole Steve this year! Ya know... all this snow out here in our neck of the woods has trapped Steve's car in the barn and he's been in there working away at it... Never know what it's gonna transform into when it comes out :evilgrin:

:bigthumb :bigthumb

12seclx
02-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Don't count out ole Steve this year! Ya know... all this snow out here in our neck of the woods has trapped Steve's car in the barn and he's been in there working away at it... Never know what it's gonna transform into when it comes out :evilgrin:
:bigthumb :bigthumb

yeah, yeah, yeah, well go on and do it smart*ss.... :lol:

Rumor has it that Shannon pulled out the tired stock shortblock and snuck a 306 down in it.... ;)

I'm just too lazy to mess with all that fancy heads and cam stuff.... :D

Stangman
02-05-2009, 01:13 PM

Me too :bigthumb

Steves LX
02-05-2009, 01:27 PM

Rumor has it that Shannon pulled out the tired stock shortblock and snuck a 306 down in it.... ;)

Yeah I have a few surprises up my sleeve too for this year. We will have to wait until the weather breaks too see just how well it works. And if my secrets dont work. I'll just change this short block out and try something else. It's only money and you can't take it with you. Yeah how ya like me now!!! Put that in your bowl and smoke it Beeyotch!!!!!!!!!!!!! Signature:flipoff::popcorn:

8banger
02-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Well If I havent spent all my money fixin this FREAKIN C4 Transmision!!!!!:mad: I would've had somethin for you guys... All of ya Shannon, "Curt(I owe him a azzwhoopin on the track from the finals from last year :flipoff: (you non powershiftin mofo...J/K ..and Steve...Looks like i'll be watchin from the bleachers gain this year....maybe not.. :D ...;)

12seclx
02-05-2009, 01:44 PM
I'll just change this short block out and try something else. It's only money and you can't take it with you. Yeah how ya like me now!!! Put that in your bowl and smoke it Beeyotch!!!!!!!!!!!!! Signature:flipoff::popcorn:

I'll smoke it and spit it out the tailpipes.... ;)

I just hope Liberty gets my tranny back to me before Feb. 28th.....
That's when Edgewater plans to open according to their site....

Missed shifts and poor driving will no longer be an issue....:D

I hope 2 of my friends join me in the 11's on motor this year, it was kind of lonely last year being out-front.... :cool1:

Steves LX
02-05-2009, 01:44 PM

What's wrong there cougar hunter cat got your tongue:lol::lol::lol:

Steves LX
02-05-2009, 01:47 PM
I'll give ya a sneak peek there Curt dog!!!:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8b2lmZyAzQ

12seclx
02-05-2009, 01:48 PM
All of ya Shannon, "Curt(I owe him a azzwhoopin on the track from the finals from last year :flipoff: (you non powershiftin mofo...J/K ..and Steve...Looks like i'll be watchin from the bleachers gain this year....maybe not.. :D ...;)

:lol:......:lol:......:lol:....

You were my b*tch that night....:D
(wait... that was luck... I have no skill....:tongue2:)

Sell that C4 and go back to a 5 speed set-up... I really enjoyed racing you... and winning... well, that was great too!....;)

Steves LX
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
The pressure's on this year. Looks like Shannon will have the flamer out more this year then he did last year.

8banger
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I'll give ya a sneak peek there Curt dog!!!:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8b2lmZyAzQ

OMG....Steve WTHECK? R u up 2?PM Me I wont tell Curt..;) :bigthumb

12seclx
02-05-2009, 01:56 PM
The pressure's on this year. Looks like Shannon will have the flamer out more this year then he did last year.

Yeah, no doubt about it...

What are you guys gonna do if I'm still faster, with less horsepower?:eek:

I'll even add weight if you want to make it apples to apples....;)

JK... I'm having too much fun with this.....:D

8banger
02-05-2009, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=12seclx;445236
You were my b*tch that night....:D
(wait... that was luck... I have no skill....:tongue2:)

Sell that C4 and go back to a 5 speed set-up... I really enjoyed racing you... and winning... well, that was great too!....;)[/QUOTE]

Luck was right :flipoff: I had the better light,,ridin the brakes hard ,way out on ya,, and still broke out....!!!!!!!!!:flipoff: :bigthumb :rolleyes:...So yes I owe ya...but it was alot of FUN!!!!no matter how bad I losted...:D ...I cant wait il have some fun with you guys again at the track...Piiiisss,,,Shannon installling a little shot on the flamer(150 kit)....:D

12seclx
02-05-2009, 02:00 PM
OMG....Steve WTHECK? R u up 2?PM Me I wont tell Curt..;) :bigthumb

You guys and your secrets.. When are you gonna realize that I always find a way to stay one step ahead of you...? :lol:

LOL!

Steves LX
02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
You guys and your secrets.. When are you gonna realize that I always find a way to stay one step ahead of you...? :lol:

LOL!

Yes indeed you do you bastard child you!!!:lol::lol:

8banger
02-05-2009, 02:02 PM

LOL!
For the right price I have no secrets.....:D:lol:

12seclx
02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Luck was right :flipoff: I had the better light,,ridin the brakes hard ,way out on ya,, and still broke out....!!!!!!!!!:flipoff: :bigthumb

yeah, you had me on the light by .030....
it was that lethal dial in... 12.11 and ran 12.110

Shannon puttin' a shot on the flamer? No way....:eek:

12seclx
02-05-2009, 02:06 PM
For the right price I have no secrets.....:D:lol:

pm sent... (don't tell Steve)....;)

Steves LX
02-05-2009, 02:09 PM
pm sent... (don't tell Steve)....;)

You're a funny guy there Chuck
I'll tell you my secret. I am running the 4 CYL coupe this year and dialing in at a 19.10. Catch that as you sit waiting for 8-9 seconds back at the tree.

8banger
02-05-2009, 02:15 PM
I'll tell you my secret. I am running the 4 CYL coupe this year and dialing in at a 19.10. Catch that as you sit waiting for 8-9 seconds back at the tree.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::bigthumb

8banger
02-05-2009, 02:16 PM
yeah, you had me on the light by .030....
it was that lethal dial in... 12.11 and ran 12.110

Shannon puttin' a shot on the flamer? No way....:eek:

yeh but htat means I could've run .025 or more above My dial and still beat you....:lol::lol::lol: :bigthumb

12seclx
02-05-2009, 02:17 PM

Perhaps it's time I find a hired gun to drive the silver car..... I have already spoken to a potential driver and he said he'd give me all the winnings... as long as I paid entry fee.... it runs 17.40.... I'll put the word out that there's another 4 banger coupe and he'll make easy work of you in the 1st round... :D

or perhaps you'll be in the DSS 3xx machine.... :eek:

Just kidding....

95redstang
02-05-2009, 02:21 PM
What's wrong there cougar hunter cat got your tongue:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
Maybe Madonna or Gummy..:lol:

Steves LX
02-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah I'm kidding too I'll be in my car with fingers crossed and hopeing.

12seclx
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
:lol::lol::lol:
Maybe Madonna or Gummy..:lol:

You shoulda heard Rick... I was like, ewwww, and he was like "wait a minute, back up here... tell her to take those things out!"....:lol:.....
:eek:....he's nuts...

kennebellcobra
02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah, no doubt about it...

What are you guys gonna do if I'm still faster, with less horsepower?:eek:

I'll even add weight if you want to make it apples to apples....;)

JK... I'm having too much fun with this.....:D

Don't make me swap the suspension off the Cobra and show you what you should really be running with 300 :D.....:tongue2:

Ps. Ricky knew the plan about the dyno...thats why he was filling your head with titanium keepers/retainer and all my tricks .lol

kennebellcobra
02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Some motivational pics for you Curt.........

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/kennebellcobra/scan0001.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/kennebellcobra/engine-2.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/kennebellcobra/Flamer.jpg

You may want to give your "Custom Cam" guy a call and see if he can't get a little better stock sounding cam.....then some more acid porting on them p-heads:lol:

95redstang
02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Don't make me swap the suspension off the Cobra and show you what you should really be running with 300 :D.....:tongue2:

Ps. Ricky knew the plan about the dyno...thats why he was filling your head with titanium keepers/retainer and all my tricks .lol

Rick told me about it a few days ago...

95redstang
02-05-2009, 05:25 PM
You shoulda heard Rick... I was like, ewwww, and he was like "wait a minute, back up here... tell her to take those things out!"....:lol:.....
:eek:....he's nuts...

hahaha grandpa Curt...

12seclx
02-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Some motivational pics for you Curt.........

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/kennebellcobra/Flamer.jpg

You may want to give your "Custom Cam" guy a call and see if he can't get a little better stock sounding cam.....then some more acid porting on them p-heads:lol:

It looks killer in that picture! I see now why it got a plaque....:D

Shhh... Steve wasn't supposed to know about the cam/heads......:coo1:

I left them all rusty and ganky for a reason....;)

zippy94
02-05-2009, 08:03 PM
you guys didn't catch the stock short block sitting in the corner garage. hmmm I wonder what motor he has in there.

kennebellcobra
02-05-2009, 08:11 PM
you guys didn't catch the stock short block sitting in the corner

Or that the Cobra motor was out and the flamer had 2 spark plugs wires pulled off on the dyno.

MFIELD
02-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Nice numbers Shannon

kennebellcobra
02-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Nice numbers Shannon

I think it's that cam...You seasoned it to make horse power:lol:

12seclx
02-05-2009, 11:44 PM
check your hotmail account....;)

kennebellcobra
02-06-2009, 12:00 AM
check your hotmail account....;)

Nice:D

1badFn5.0
02-06-2009, 12:07 AM
kennebellcobra check your pms man

331TwistedWedge
02-06-2009, 12:16 AM
you guys are car-azy :lol: ...

kick ass numbers shannon :bigthumb

331TwistedWedge
02-06-2009, 12:18 AM
hahaha grandpa Curt...

if you would stop making babies, you could be out there running this year :lol: ... you need to clip your sack :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12seclx
02-06-2009, 12:25 AM
if you would stop making babies, you could be out there running this year :lol: ... you need to clip your sack :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you have me confused with Shawn....:tongue2:

331TwistedWedge
02-06-2009, 12:29 AM
i heard steve is going to bust you up curt, with those new afr's ... watcha gonna do now?

12seclx
02-06-2009, 12:38 AM
i heard steve is going to bust you up curt, with those new afr's ... watcha gonna do now?

Well, I'll probably just congratulate him...;)

Question is, if they are faster than me, 11.87, How long before they are faster than you?:bigthumb

331TwistedWedge
02-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Well, I'll probably just congratulate him...;)

Question is, if they are faster than me, 11.87, How long before they are faster than you?:bigthumb

it doesnt take much effort to beat me :( with my sorry ass shifting, im definitely an easy target ...

Steves LX
02-06-2009, 08:19 AM
it doesnt take much effort to beat me :( with my sorry ass shifting, im definitely an easy target ...

I heard that I can't shift worth a shit either. I'll be the first to admit this. I know Curt can out drive me any day of the week at the track so it will be interesting. I'll be happy just to run a 11.99 N/A. My best time last year with the GT40 heads still on there N/A was a 12.26 with a 1.55 60'. The way my luck goes I'll end up running slower with these new heads.

Stangman
02-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I heard that I can't shift worth a shit either. I'll be the first to admit this. I know Curt can out drive me any day of the week at the track so it will be interesting. I'll be happy just to run a 11.99 N/A. My best time last year with the GT40 heads still on there N/A was a 12.26 with a 1.55 60'. The way my luck goes I'll end up running slower with these new heads.

You just need to let me drive :D

kennebellcobra
02-06-2009, 05:11 PM
After posting about this being a budget project...I said screw it and rounded up some parts for the hunt...I even found this cam that I forgot I had. Got the coil overs on last night.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/kennebellcobra/coilovers.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/kennebellcobra/controlarms.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/kennebellcobra/23e8f505.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/kennebellcobra/newcam.jpg

I think next I'll be hunting for Rick

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/kennebellcobra/sniperCat-1.jpg

zippy94
02-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Don't be fooled that is a pick of the Cobra and old pic of his headers He sold last year.

95redstang
02-06-2009, 07:59 PM
I think you have me confused with Shawn....:tongue2:

Yeah that was a comment toward me for sure. It couldn't be for you. It's hard to get 80 year old women pregnant...:eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

8banger
02-06-2009, 10:01 PM
you guys didn't catch the stock short block sitting in the corner garage. hmmm I wonder what motor he has in there.

Hey! Zippy.......ZIP IT!........:D .....Secret stuff need not be reveiled "YET"...

8banger
02-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Curt.....Shannons even called you out on OTHER forums.............. :lol: :lol:
:popcorn:

12seclx
02-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Curt.....Shannons even called you out on OTHER forums.............. :lol: :lol:
:popcorn:

ahhh, I usually do pretty good when the pressure is on...
Like that night all the Kaintucky boys went to your side before we raced...
I seen you all huddled around together......;)

I just shook it off and said to myself, "well, my back is against the wall, come on little coupe, let's show them what some Curt shifting will do!!!!":D

just messin' with ya! :bigthumb

soslow
04-28-2009, 03:53 PM
so is this the car that went 11.83 ?? how many hours do you have in the gt40's and any tips on porting them? Buddys first set he has ever done.. He has a 95 cobra all bolt ons, xam etc.. he is hope'N for 300 , let me know shannon

kennebellcobra
04-28-2009, 07:06 PM
so is this the car that went 11.83 ?? how many hours do you have in the gt40's and any tips on porting them? Buddys first set he has ever done.. He has a 95 cobra all bolt ons, xam etc.. he is hope'N for 300 , let me know shannon

Yep...it went 11.83....

The hard part about porting is being patient and try to do them exactly the same...most people have good intentions then after hours of doing it they start rushing and do a half a$$ job.

I think I had 35-40 hours in them

Here are some pics http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49354&highlight=nightmare