PDA

View Full Version : SCT SF3

BigBadStang
02-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Is this a good unit to use?
I am looking at PN 3015 because it has preloaded tunes for 3 vehicles I currently have, and it works as a scan tool. My 3 vehicles are daily drivers, so I'm not looking to "max out" the tunes. I am just after some better performance and mileage. I have not fooled with these things before and I'm after some input from experienced flash programmer users. I found one for $349 new in a sealed box.

Thanks.

05yellowgt
02-05-2009, 10:21 AM
You can only use the SF3 on one vehicle at a time. You cannot use it to tune more than one vehicle at once.

BigBadStang
02-05-2009, 02:22 PM
You can only use the SF3 on one vehicle at a time. You cannot use it to tune more than one vehicle at once.

So, if I use it to tune my Sport Trac, I can't use it on the Mustang, or Expedition I OWN...ever?

If that's the case, that's a bunch of crap.

05yellowgt
02-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Yes you can, you can only have one vehicle programmed at a time though. In otherwords if you tune the Sport-track then the tuner is "married" to that vehicle till you go back to the stock tune on it, then you could program one of the other two vehicles.

There isn't a tuner out there that I know of that lets you tune muliple vehicles at the same time.

BigBadStang
02-05-2009, 03:20 PM
I can understand they don't want someone buying one, and tuning 800 different vehicles, but if I own the vehicles, I think I should be able to do it. Dropping $350 each just to tweak a stock vehicle tune for minor gains, in my mind is bullshit. The more I delve into this electronic bullshit, the more I love the carburetor.

NXcoupe
02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
It gets even better, you can only return it to stock and program another vehicle 5 times. Then it locks up and you have to send it back to them to get it unlocked. Well, they are in the business of selling programmers, so to them it's a great idea! I understand your frustration tho. If you look around enough you can find used ones for half the money. I know I don't charge much to throw a tune on a used Xcal.

BigBadStang
02-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Will they let you pay a fee to unlock the damn thing to allow you to tune my other 2 vehicles? I sent them an email, but I haven't heard back. I wouldn't have a problem with paying them a fee to access my other 2 vehicles, I just don't think it's right having to buy 3 programmers. Has anyone figured out how to hack into them and "unlock" them yet? :lol: Hackers have figured out how to hack just about everything else!

Thanks.

05yellowgt
02-09-2009, 10:41 AM
No they won't let you do that and nobody has hacked them either lol.