PDA

View Full Version : UPS Does It Again!

mustang8998
02-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Ordered a part from Ebay vendor, paypaled, vendor shipped, tracking number, etc...

It was due to be here Monday. Then, because of weather, it was due Wednesday. Then, problem finding address. Thursday, tracking shows it delivered, at 4:33 PM. BUT, the damned package isn't here!

UPS :evilflip:

StangGirlRN
02-08-2009, 01:16 AM
That sucks Jeff! Somebody else probably got your package. We don't have that trouble with UPS, but our mail carrier does that stuff all the time. :mad:

DeckerEnt
02-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Call them and ask where it is. Maybe there is a good explaination. Then contact the vender.
Keith

8banger
02-08-2009, 11:46 AM
That sucks Jeff! Somebody else probably got your package. We don't have that trouble with UPS, but our mail carrier does that stuff all the time. :mad:

Yep same problem here.UPS thinks its a great idea to set things in plain view for all the any potential thiefs to collect.One time said it was on my porch and had been delivered,looked and not there.Had to contact UPS.Turns out they delivered it to the same house number but different street. Drove 2 streets over and there it was on thier porch!. :rolleyes: ...I've also told the UPS guy to HIDE it for me(to far to walk or may take to much time I guess :rolleyes: )...They evidentently dont care.

BigBadStang
02-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Yep same problem here.UPS thinks its a great idea to set things in plain view for all the any potential thiefs to collect.One time said it was on my porch and had been delivered,looked and not there.Had to contact UPS.Turns out they delivered it to the same house number but different street. Drove 2 streets over and there it was on thier porch!. :rolleyes: ...I've also told the UPS guy to HIDE it for me(to far to walk or may take to much time I guess :rolleyes: )...They evidentently dont care.

MOST of our delivery drivers DO care, but there are a few idiots that could care less about stuff. It will catch up to them, and they will be weeded out (fired). UPS doesn't tolerate that crap one bit. If the tracking number shows it being delivered and it is not, you need to call ASAP! You should have called customer service as soon as you tracked it and noticed a descrepancy.
With the amount of packages we handle, shit is going to go wrong sometimes, but make sure to follow up with customer service to ensure proper service/replacement.

Click HERE (http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/claims/hlp/lost_process.html?srch_pos=3&srch_phr=file+a+claim), hopefully this link will be of some help.

Mista Bone
02-09-2009, 12:01 AM
UPS and FedEx drivers know to deliver the big boxes (transmissions) to the garage door. UPS guy knowing it was rain on time, put it down my the back door so the box didn't get wet.

Some drivers do care. I'm lucky all three drivers are good people, USPS esp.

MADMOD
02-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Well did you ever get your package?

NUTTSGT
02-09-2009, 11:13 AM
UPS and FedEx drivers know to deliver the big boxes (transmissions) to the garage door. UPS guy knowing it was rain on time, put it down my the back door so the box didn't get wet.

Some drivers do care. I'm lucky all three drivers are good people, USPS esp.

Some are good drivers. This is why I try to thank the driver and speak to them when they deliver packages. These guys remember who the friendly customers are.

8banger
02-09-2009, 11:33 AM
but If the tracking number shows it being delivered and it is not, you need to call ASAP! You should have called customer service as soon as you tracked it and noticed a descrepancy.

Click HERE (http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/claims/hlp/lost_process.html?srch_pos=3&srch_phr=file+a+claim), hopefully this link will be of some help.

I did..(read my 1st post)said they look into it and call me back...which they did and told me where it had "potentially" been delivered...:rolleyes: and then I went and picked it up..

MADMOD
02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
You could quite possiably have the laziest driver in our center. If you need something picked up you know I am just a phone call away.

mustang8998
02-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Call them and ask where it is. Maybe there is a good explaination. Then contact the vender.
Keith

I did that, as soon as I saw the tracking.

MOST of our delivery drivers DO care, but there are a few idiots that could care less about stuff. It will catch up to them, and they will be weeded out (fired). UPS doesn't tolerate that crap one bit. If the tracking number shows it being delivered and it is not, you need to call ASAP! You should have called customer service as soon as you tracked it and noticed a descrepancy.
With the amount of packages we handle, shit is going to go wrong sometimes, but make sure to follow up with customer service to ensure proper service/replacement.

I called the local hub and talked to a supervisor. He said he would have to talk to his driver. :rolleyes: He also told me to contact the shipper, to put a tracer on it. This was all thursday. So friday, I checked with my immediate neighbors to see if they might have dropped it there. Ran into a driver and asked him if he was on that route thursday. Of course not. So I followed up with the shipper (via email), figuring nothing would happen until monday.

As luck would have it, saturday afternoon, a lady came to the door. The package was dropped at her house, a block away (and on a different street).

Well did you ever get your package?

Yes.

I'm still a little pissed off, but at least I have it! :bigthumb

DeckerEnt
02-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Congrats to the lady for being honest!!! Good to hear it all worked out. You should get free shipping on something, like an engine block!!!
Keith

I have my fingers crossed. I had to go through UPS to ship my pistol back to the Manufacturer. The girl at an outlet store wouldn't ship it from there. It had to go to the hub. Off to Florence I went this afternoon and paid 40 bucks to ship it to Fla. Had to go next day air because it was a pistol. Insured for 300 of course. We will see if it makes it.
Keith

mustang8998
02-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks Keith. She was going to wait 'til monday and have UPS pick it up. I sure they would take it back to the hub, then ship it. Probably wouldn't have it, until the end of this week.

She said she realized it was only a block away, then decided to just bring it by.

And BTW, I'd let her hold my "package" any day!!

DeckerEnt
02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
:lol:LOL!!!!:lol: