PDA

View Full Version : February 6, 2007

Maximus
02-07-2009, 02:08 AM
It was a cold snowy day at the speed shop. Nothing too much going on. Ray, Jason, and myself were just hanging out. I had to run and do some errands and when I came back, Vinny was there. He mentioned something about his work letting off early due to the snow. So he decided to come hang out at the shop. (he did that quite often)
I took my best friend for granted because I knew I would see him the next day. Hi GUY! was what I always heard when I saw Vinny. No matter what kind of day I was having, Vinny would find a way to make it better....Too those that didnt get to meet Vinny, you truly missed a geniune, Kind, Great, Guy!
I still kick myself in the ass. If only I wouldve known that Feb 6th was going to be the last day I get to see my best friend alive...I wouldve put off those errands and just "hung out" with my bud....I guess I should feel fourtunate, because I did get to see and laugh with him, one last time. Noone knew it was his time for him to leave us. We had no idea. It was just us, bullshitting in the speed shop talking about the upcoming season...Then I got the call from Holly around 10:20 am the next morning. I was on my way to work heading up I-75 around the I-74 exit....

Did I mention our trip to Vegas? Paul, Vinny and myself in a rental Stang in the Great city of Vegas!! That will forever remain in my mind as one of the best times of my life. Two Great friends in a Stang, in Vegas, with Insurance and a radar detector from Hell! Great time and forever Great memories!! (one of the videos is on my Myspace page)

I need a drink so Im off for now. I cant wait to read everyones GREAT memeories of Vinny later on today. He was truly ONE in A MILION and Ive been privalged to know him. My memories of his friendship will stay with me forever.

Rest in Peace Vinny. You are still missed and still Loved.

One of your best buds,
Craig

k062693w
02-07-2009, 02:11 AM
I wish I would have met him ..........

Mista Bone
02-07-2009, 02:29 AM
vids from Vegas.......time to dig them up.

The "decent" ones.