PDA

View Full Version : More computer help

Rick93coupe
02-09-2009, 12:40 AM
I did a fresh install of XP a few days ago. I have a single 40 gig drive in my pc that's divided into 2 partitions. On drive D: I copied some of my files that I wanted to hang onto, including my windows folder. Now that I've completed the new install on C, I can't access anything on D: anymore. Not a big deal as I backed up everything important on my external. Either way, I'd like to just format D: and its write protected for some reason. Know a way around this?

Rick93coupe
02-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Followed these instructions and I cannot remove the partition, I don't even have that option.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6026_format-hard-drive.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art

Katmandu
02-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Now that I've completed the new install on C, I can't access anything on D: anymore.Go into Control Panel and find the Disk Management Program.

See how the D: Partion in registering there and report back what it says.

Rick93coupe
02-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Ended up just formating and installing a spare 120g drive I had in the closet. It's fixed now, but thanks.

Katmandu
02-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Ended up just formating and installing a spare 120g drive I had in the closet. It's fixed now, but thanks.:bigthumb