PDA

View Full Version : Another Absurd story

02mingryGT
02-09-2009, 11:05 AM
This poor guy is being sued for stopping illegal immigrants from crossing his property. Amazing how Illegals even have the right to sue American citizens. If you as an American tried to do the same in another country......:lol:

Oh by the way how come the major news networks don't cover this stuff? I sent a link of this to Glenn beck. Bet he covers it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/09/16-illegals-sue-arizona-rancher/

Foxxx5oh
02-09-2009, 12:02 PM
wow...isnt it amazing how illegals can use our legal system against us...sometimes better than we can against each other!

ewalt
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Is this guy not a hero if he's actually turned over 12k illegals?

What a shame they can even sue him. The judge that allowed it to proceed is despicable. The disheartening reality is, that even if this guy is found not-guilty or whatever he'll have had to spend a ton in legal fees to prove it. Justice is not free.

A letter would be good, public disapproval is deserving:

CHIEF JUDGE JOHN M. ROLL
United States District Court
Evo A. DeConcini U.S. Courthouse
405 West Congress Street, Suite 5190
Tucson, AZ 85701-5053
Phone: (520) 205-4520

02mingryGT
02-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Is this guy not a hero if he's actually turned over 12k illegals?

What a shame they can even sue him. The judge that allowed it to proceed is despicable. The disheartening reality is, that even if this guy is found not-guilty or whatever he'll have had to spend a ton in legal fees to prove it. Justice is not free.

A letter would be good, public disapproval is deserving:

CHIEF JUDGE JOHN M. ROLL
United States District Court
Evo A. DeConcini U.S. Courthouse
405 West Congress Street, Suite 5190
Tucson, AZ 85701-5053
Phone: (520) 205-4520

Well since the judge is supposed to rule by law rather than public opinion I'm not sure how that helps. The real problem is the jackass that's prosecuting him. I can't believe they found enough dumbasses on the grand jury to even roll this forward. All he did was detain them until the Border Patrol showed up. Gave them some shit too.......lol. More or less a Citizens arrest. Unless that's illegal now too? This all goes back to the liberal agenda to give illegal immigrants the same rights as you and then some you don't have. If an actual american citizen was running around with forged documents you'd go straight to jail not released on an OR to show back up at your deportation hearing. :lol: *I'm assuming he "illegally" infringed upon their right to ILLEGALLY cross our borders. This is a typical liberal move so the next guy doesn't try to stop people. As was stated before it's a cost to defend yourself. Probably why the liberal media hasn't covered it. How dare we as Americans stop these poor people? Hopefully the sheeple will wake up before all your rights are gone. Rant over.

04 Venom
02-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Well since the judge is supposed to rule by law rather than public opinion I'm not sure how that helps. The real problem is the jackass that's prosecuting him. I can't believe they found enough dumbasses on the grand jury to even roll this forward. All he did was detain them until the Border Patrol showed up. Gave them some shit too.......lol. More or less a Citizens arrest. Unless that's illegal now too? This all goes back to the liberal agenda to give illegal immigrants the same rights as you and then some you don't have. If an actual american citizen was running around with forged documents you'd go straight to jail not released on an OR to show back up at your deportation hearing. :lol: *I'm assuming he "illegally" infringed upon their right to ILLEGALLY cross our borders. This is a typical liberal move so the next guy doesn't try to stop people. As was stated before it's a cost to defend yourself. Probably why the liberal media hasn't covered it. How dare we as Americans stop these poor people? Hopefully the sheeple will wake up before all your rights are gone. Rant over.

It's a civil suit; grand juries are only convened in criminal cases. Neither the federal government nor the state are prosecuting the rancher; the suit was filed by the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund. My bet is there will be a slew of attorneys that will offer to take the case on behalf of the rancher for free. The moral is: any attorney can sue anybody if someone is willing to pay.

02mingryGT
02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
It's a civil suit; grand juries are only convened in criminal cases. Neither the federal government nor the state are prosecuting the rancher; the suit was filed by the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund. My bet is there will be a slew of attorneys that will offer to take the case on behalf of the rancher for free. The moral is: any attorney can sue anybody if someone is willing to pay.

My mistake Venom. I think i got that confused with some other case that went through a grand jury. Your right about that but the judge is an idiot for saying it could precede. Hey don't you have to be a citizen to be Mexican-American? :lol:

I'm sure he wins but it's a crock. The legal system in this country is flawed.

04 Venom
02-09-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm sure he wins but it's a crock. The legal system in this country is flawed.

You are right Mingry. On the other hand this is America: the rancher will win the suit, he will go on the talk show circuit, a TV movie will be made about his life and he will run for political office. He will get rich selling "Ed the Rancher buttons".

DeckerEnt
02-09-2009, 11:21 PM
You are right Mingry. On the other hand this is America: the rancher will win the suit, he will go on the talk show circuit, a TV movie will be made about his life and he will run for political office. He will get rich selling "Ed the Rancher buttons".

That is funny right there!!
Keith

beefcake
02-09-2009, 11:21 PM
wow is all i can say

2007ShelbyCobra
02-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Well....I only read about half of it, thats all I need, this kind of shit really pisses me off. IMO if I were him and I already had my gun and dog with me, I would have shot the bastards. And I know were they would have gone to :flipoff:

Blackpony
02-10-2009, 04:38 PM
They found a jackass lawyer that is looking for a name for himself. I can't believe that shit. What would have happened if he came home and found them in his house then could he be aloud to shoot there asses. I say whats the difference. Either way they were trespassing and in America that means defend your property if your unwelcomed there in my oponion. He was right to carry a gun. What if they had a weapon. Or better yet should he have just asked them to remove themselves from his property. I'm sure they would have done so willingly.