PDA

View Full Version : anyone work for auto insurance company?

blk93notch
02-11-2009, 08:19 PM
i have a quick ? my car got keyed and i have full coverage. i got a police report and all that. i havent called my insurance yet. it must have happened lastmight and i noticed it this morning. i was just wondering if im going to have problems with them. i have geico. the buttholes keyed both sides plus the hood. on top of that its a custom flame job on it. needless to say i wasnt happy this morning

Katmandu
02-11-2009, 08:44 PM
i have a quick ? my car got keyed and i have full coverage.The Comprehensive part of your Insurance plan covers Vandalism.

BigBadStang
02-11-2009, 08:59 PM
The Comprehensive part of your Insurance plan covers Vandalism.

Just ran this past the wife. She's been an insurance underwriter/agent for 13 years, and she said;
Comprehensive will cover the paint repair, BUT it will NOT cover the extra cost of custom paint work. They will only provide coverage for the costs to repair OE paint, unless you have a custom endorsement/rider on your policy to cover custom paint, and other aftermarket components.

Sorry to hear about your car getting keyed man, that shit sucks. The rotten bastard that did it will get theirs one day.

blk93notch
02-11-2009, 09:10 PM
ill be happy as long as it covers materials. ill repaint it myself. i work at a paint and body place. i just dont want to have to cover the whole cost of it.

it does suck a big one. i swear you cant have anything nice anymore.