PDA

View Full Version : KY SPEEDWAY-DRIVE THE TRACK DAYS

cavsoldier
02-14-2009, 03:30 PM
The dates for this year are out.

April 18 & November 7, both Sat's. Spend $40 in the gift shop, get 3 laps. Spend $80 and get 6 and so on...

Won't make the one in April, but the Nov. date looks promising. But if the Bluegrass Motorsports track is hopping and allows weekend open track days, I'll be there instead.

02mingryGT
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Did this last year. Only had four of us actually show up. If enough go I may consider it again though my son graduates boot on the 24th and I'm considering stopping down in the ATL to see some family before I go on to Parris Island.

Word to the wise, they don't clean the apron so avoid it or lay back off the car in front of you when you enter and exit the track.

04 Venom
02-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Do they enforce a speed limit?

cavsoldier
02-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Do they enforce a speed limit?

Rules state 70mph is max allowed, but when we went out in Fall 07, they let us stangs go for it. Can't say they'll allow that again, but it was nice.

PKFIRE
02-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Last year was a good time. The weather held out for us that day. I'm not sure how fast we got going around the track but I remember we got in speeds of excess 100mph for short burst. I actually bought something from the gift shop I really needed so the $40.00 to drive around the track was not such a bad price to me.

The problem was trying to follow everyone there,lol. We ended up going to Hooters afterwards.

INSANEBA
02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Hmm, sounds like a plan guys!!!

02mingryGT
02-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Last year was a good time. The weather held out for us that day. I'm not sure how fast we got going around the track but I remember we got in speeds of excess 100mph for short burst. I actually bought something from the gift shop I really needed so the $40.00 to drive around the track was not such a bad price to me.

The problem was trying to follow everyone there,lol. We ended up going to Hooters afterwards.

yep good time.

soslow
02-20-2009, 11:24 AM
if igo im gonna give it hell, whats worse could happen they make you leave lol it would be worth it : )

PKFIRE
02-20-2009, 12:29 PM
yep good time.

It was and I'm glad I followed behind you. You would get on it out of the banks which gave me the reason to try to keep up. I don't think I would of stayed on the accelerator as long if I was the one in front:bigthumb.

plattner01
02-20-2009, 11:54 PM
well if i'm in town in april might have to give it spin

02mingryGT
02-21-2009, 09:47 AM
It was and I'm glad I followed behind you. You would get on it out of the banks which gave me the reason to try to keep up. I don't think I would of stayed on the accelerator as long if I was the one in front:bigthumb.

:lol: I was running about 90 through the turns and I swear I could have done 120 easy. I think I hit about 120 down the straights. But if you remember the track truck behind us, i don't think he was happy I was laying back. I was thinking if i go again, I want to lead to see how hard I can push the one in front.

djom1cincy
02-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Last year was a good time. Like 02mingry said, they don't clean the track so lots of small rocks got thrown up entering the track. I'd say we where going 90 to 100 around the track. The pace truck said that if we kept the pack tighter then they could have taken it a little faster. I guess they don't want someone laying back then getting a run and loosing it. It was cool going around the banks. Even at 90 my car was wanting to turn to the inside and go downhill tor wards the grass. I may do it again this year.

Blackballed
02-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Sold... Im there.

skeeter316
03-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I went in Spring of 08. It was a rainy morning, but I got there at 9:00 when it started. Since I was the only one there and the only one on the track, the pace truck allowed me to turn a few laps at about 90. When we were finished he told me that he would've went faster but that is about the limit for those trucks on a wet track. It was nice, I may go again on the 18th. But I think I am going to get there at 9:00 again and try to get a few solo laps.

skeeter316
03-25-2009, 09:58 AM
But, If there will be a group, I will show up and meet with everyone.