PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Code P1151?

306Power
02-15-2009, 01:17 PM
So as the title states I keep having this trouble code come up, its came up twice and Ive deleted it both times. It came back the first time after a few hundred miles and Im now waiting for it to come back up again. I just had an O/R H pipe put on but they were supposed to turn off the rear 02s. When the scanner reads it it reads it as two trouble codes both P1151, so my question is is it just the rear 02s and did they forget to turn them off? Or could it be something else? Car still runs perfectly fine also. Thanks in advance everyone.

02mingryGT
02-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Do an internet search on it. It appears it's the upstream sensor so it doesn't have anything to do with rear sensors. Check and see if it has an exhaust leak in front of the sensor.

JET50213
02-16-2009, 04:18 PM
I am having the same problem with my 2002 GT. It started coming up after I put in the long tubes. My rear sensors are definitely turned off and I have replaced both front o2 sensors. It doesn't seem to affect the way the car runs, but it can't be good for long term. We have tried finding the problem in the tune with no results yet. I'll let you know if I find anything. Let me know if you come up with anything as well.

thanks,
Jon

tcorns
02-16-2009, 05:13 PM
i read a good bit about this before i installed my exhaust. i did an h pipe and exhaust back from jegs. i bought the o2 sensor delete kit from them and have had no problems or codes what so ever. just something to look into.

trev

306Power
02-16-2009, 06:57 PM
I am having the same problem with my 2002 GT. It started coming up after I put in the long tubes. My rear sensors are definitely turned off and I have replaced both front o2 sensors. It doesn't seem to affect the way the car runs, but it can't be good for long term. We have tried finding the problem in the tune with no results yet. I'll let you know if I find anything. Let me know if you come up with anything as well.

thanks,
Jon

I will defenitly let you know when I find out, Thanks.

e5shea
02-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Do an EGR delete and have it turned off in your tunes.

Same to you John.

JET50213
03-02-2009, 12:49 PM
The guys at Dayton Performance found some broken wires in the o2 extentions. That should take care of the problem.

306Power
03-02-2009, 02:27 PM
The guys at Dayton Performance found some broken wires in the o2 extentions. That should take care of the problem.

Thanks, I will check that out. Just replace the wires?

bobtsgt
03-02-2009, 03:06 PM
There is also a place in the tune that you can adjust for long tubes. Its the dwell time of the fronts since they are relocated back further

Do you have a hand held tuner or know someone who does? You can datalog the O2s and see what they are doing. Also make sure your plugs are tight and no pins are loose or pushed back.

JET50213
03-03-2009, 09:36 AM

You might call Dayton Performance and talk to Matt. He explained it to me, but I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction. The problem occurred where the wires meet in a black connection box/plug. He tested each wire and discovered one that was not working. This was causing an error with the switch function. That caused the code which is "lack of swt lean". If you call them (937-835-1150), just ask them about the o2 problem on the blue 02 GT. Hope it helps.

Jon

306Power
03-03-2009, 11:45 PM
You might call Dayton Performance and talk to Matt. He explained it to me, but I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction. The problem occurred where the wires meet in a black connection box/plug. He tested each wire and discovered one that was not working. This was causing an error with the switch function. That caused the code which is "lack of swt lean". If you call them (937-835-1150), just ask them about the o2 problem on the blue 02 GT. Hope it helps.

Jon

Thanks a ton man.

tdm309
03-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Yes, what we found was that the extension harnesses that you have to use on long tube headers to reconnect the front O2 sensors both extensions had a broken wire in them. I replaced the wire on both extensions and it took care of the problem..... It is definetly a upstream O2 sensor code.

306Power
03-04-2009, 12:53 PM
The only thing is I dont have Long Tubes, I only have an O/R H pipe with flowmasters welded in. So could that still be the problem?

tdm309
03-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Do you still have all 4 O2 sensors? and are all of them plugged in to the original harnesses? How old are the O2 sensors?

bobtsgt
03-05-2009, 09:26 AM
They may have forgot to turn off the rear 02s. I would call and ask if they can look back into your tune and say for sure. If not you need them turned off. You can also datalog the rears to see if they are kicking back any signals but calling the tuner would be your easier route.