PDA

View Full Version : 06 GT QUESTION

BlazinEagle
02-18-2009, 12:18 AM
I have an 06 GT, do I need a tuner to install 4.10 gears???? I only have a k&N intake on it right now.
A tuner is in the future but I love the feel of 4.10's so I wanted to pick them up first.
Also where can I get them installed somewhere close to the Colerain or St. Benard area?
Thanks,
Rodney

306Power
02-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Well you dont necessarily need a tuner, you would need a speedcal if you want your speedometer to be correct. But a tuner can correct the speedo for you so if you plan on getting one you might as well go ahead and get one with it instead of spending an extra 140 or so on the speedcal since you eventually will get a tuner anyways. Just my .02 cents.

KenB
02-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Well you dont necessarily need a tuner, you would need a speedcal if you want your speedometer to be correct. But a tuner can correct the speedo for you so if you plan on getting one you might as well go ahead and get one with it instead of spending an extra 140 or so on the speedcal since you eventually will get a tuner anyways. Just my .02 cents.

Actually a speedcal won't work on an 06. If you're planning on a tuner down the road, then that's the best way to go. If not, I have the software to be able to change small things like gears without a tuner.

Markcore
02-18-2009, 01:19 AM
You didn't need a tune for your CAI? Didn't think these cars ran after replacing the stock air box, other than in safe mode.

BlazinEagle
02-18-2009, 01:57 AM
I have had my K&N for 2 years with no problem. Ken can you also install the 4.10 gears??? How much for a set of gears with install if you can?

306Power
02-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Actually a speedcal won't work on an 06. If you're planning on a tuner down the road, then that's the best way to go. If not, I have the software to be able to change small things like gears without a tuner.

Good thing Ken's around to prove noobs like me wrong :lol:

KenB
02-18-2009, 08:39 AM
I have had my K&N for 2 years with no problem. Ken can you also install the 4.10 gears??? How much for a set of gears with install if you can?

K&N is one of the few that you can throw on without a tune.

Yes, we can sell you the gears and do the install. I'll have Chris PM you a price today on a total on what the cost would be!

Ken

05yellowgt
02-18-2009, 11:32 AM
I'd get a tune before gears personally. I just think you will see better overall experience getting the throttle lag tuned out and the bump in HP then down the road put the 4.10's in.

BlazinEagle
02-18-2009, 12:12 PM
I am looking into it as well. I have plans to get a set of long tube headers, off road h pipe within the next year.

KenB
02-18-2009, 12:51 PM
we can do the tune at the same time as the gears since the speedo needs recal'd anyway.