PDA

View Full Version : Guys running the gt40 & gt40p's

soslow
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Whats your combo , what dyno numbers you putting dowm I've heard these heads put down 260 or so on up to over 300.. What combos you running and what did it put down ?? intake cam bolt on parts etc.. I seen kennbellbobra wifes car is putting down 306 thats impressive..

Just doesnt make no since most guys running the trickflows and afr heads only push about 300 and some cars ive heard of only put dow naround 280, Just doesnt make since. whats the secret to get the gt40's to put down 300 or so outback

Rick93coupe
02-18-2009, 10:06 PM
The trick is to have a well thought out combination and not just pick up a cam / intake because someone is selling it cheap. Compression makes a huge difference too.

PonymanfiveO
02-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Heads and cams arent the only place to make power. ;)

you can pick up a lot of power in little things you never thought would make power.

kennebellcobra
02-18-2009, 11:18 PM
40 hours of port work helps. I never had them flowed but I would bet they are right with a stock trickflow head.

I also think the little extra's...degreeing the cam, getting valve train set up right, side gapping/indexing plugs...these are just some examples of things most people don't do.