beefcake
02-19-2009, 11:42 AM
they told me yesterday our first one is on order,

loaded with every possible option, i think msrp is going to be 46k

awd, twin turbo, nav, roof, etc..

black of course

stang930
02-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Agh.... I had one bout 10 years ago hopefully this version is better than the last...

cstreu1026
02-20-2009, 10:18 AM
$46K for a Taurus!:eek:

beefcake
02-20-2009, 10:39 AM
$46K for a Taurus!:eek:

i know, but it should be sick, paddle shifted awd, i wonder what it's gonna run in the 1/4

Blackpony
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
46k for a Taurus is crazy. Considering the past taurus were junk (IMHO) i hope ford got there shit together on this one or are they trying to squeeze the taurus teet one last time in hopes it'll help the obsolete model

Black Horse
02-20-2009, 02:22 PM
I thought they were supposed to be around $38k...how much Dealer mark-up?

anyhoo.....I think the Sho builds start around the end of March. If you were one of the first to order you should see it at the showroom mid-April.

mach_u
02-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Vette or Taurus, Vette or Taurus... :lol: Cool or not, I could NEVER ever see myself paying almost $50k for a Taurus! :jawdrop:

cstreu1026
02-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Vette or Taurus, Vette or Taurus... :lol: Cool or not, I could NEVER ever see myself paying almost $50k for a Taurus! :jawdrop:

Same here. I would spend $9K more and get a M3.

NaomiDstangLvr
02-21-2009, 01:48 AM
they told me yesterday our first one is on order,

loaded with every possible option, i think msrp is going to be 46k

awd, twin turbo, nav, roof, etc..

black of course

46k?!?!?!? :eek: :nono: :jawdrop: I think that's ridiculous. Come on now its a TAURUS! :lol:

NaomiDstangLvr
02-21-2009, 01:49 AM
That's funny, I didn't read the responses, you guys feel the same way! :lol:

Seen this.....

For Shelby’s the GT500 coupe has an MSRP of $46,325 while the GT500 convertible will start at $51,225.

I think I'd rather have the GT500! :lol:!!!!!!!

Black92LX
02-21-2009, 03:36 AM
I think it's high and I wouldn't pay that price but I think there are plenty of people that will. It's a limited production run and I don't think they'll have trouble selling them.

I will wait about 3 years and get a used one.

cstreu1026
02-21-2009, 09:17 AM
I wonder what the AWD twin turbo v6 MKS will run?

beefcake
02-21-2009, 10:27 AM

probably the same as the awd taurus lol :)

KenB
02-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Based on what I've seen, I want one. Going to be a kickass car I'm pretty sure. They were smart and even upgraded the tranny. Remember that it's a twin turbo so it should be fairly easy to get 75-100 hp out of it without much invested. We plan on doing quite a bit with these!

Ken

chadomac
02-21-2009, 12:25 PM
i think msrp is going to be 46k

:rofl::rofl:

BigBadStang
02-21-2009, 12:47 PM
I hear all the crying about the price, and I am a bit baffled.
A comparable 2009 Lexus LS460 AWD BASE msrp is $67,200.
The 2009 Chrysler 300 Touring Signature AWD tops out at $43,860.
A loaded 2009 Acura TL SH AWD easily crests $40,000.
2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6L SIDI AWD msrp's right at $41,000.
The Hyundai Genesis is cheaper, but it is not AWD.
On paper, this should be an excellent vehicle, that should be able to hold its own against just about any full size AWD performance sedan.

Evil_Capri
02-21-2009, 01:33 PM

Probably a little slower than the SHO. It has 10 less hp, and different final drive, if I remember correctly.

NaomiDstangLvr
02-21-2009, 01:38 PM
On paper, this should be an excellent vehicle, that should be able to hold its own against just about any full size AWD performance sedan.

IT'S A T-A-U-R-U-S!!!!!! I'd refuse to pay that much for that thing, I'd rather have the GT500 hands down! But I still do want to see it, I'm sure it'll look pretty nice...

NaomiDstangLvr
02-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Okay, here it is..........

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/chicago-2009-2010-ford-taurus-sho-live/1349458/

Evil_Capri
02-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Here is a nice flyer . . .

Goldenpony
02-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Not sure this is a great business move at this time. If I was going to part with this much cash, it would surely be a GT500 convertible. Get real!

cstreu1026
02-21-2009, 03:42 PM

Probably a little slower than the SHO. It has 10 less hp, and different final drive, if I remember correctly.

I was thinking more in terms of what it will cost you to get one. THe MKS is already reasonably priced in my book and I would rather have the premium name plate on it for that kind of money. It may be fast and it may be a lot of car for the money but its still a taurus and if I were Ford I would be worrying that it was going to sell as well as the last two SHO's, which didn't exactly set the sales world on fire.

cstreu1026
02-21-2009, 03:47 PM

The Lexus, Acura, and Cadillac are all premium brans. The LS460 isn't even close to be comparable. It compete against the Mercedes s-class and BMW 7 series. I can guarantee that anyone looking at an LS460 is going to say, "Hey! Let's go down the street and check out that Ford Taurus."

For my money I would buy a low mileage, CPO STS-V and pocket the $10-15K I saved.

beefcake
02-21-2009, 04:03 PM
The Lexus, Acura, and Cadillac are all premium brans. The LS460 isn't even close to be comparable. It compete against the Mercedes s-class and BMW 7 series. I can guarantee that anyone looking at an LS460 is going to say, "Hey! Let's go down the street and check out that Ford Taurus."

For my money I would buy a low mileage, CPO STS-V and pocket the $10-15K I saved.

who says this won't be a premium brand? ford's quality last year was only beaten by lexus'

ford's quality really is very good lately, even interior, the new f150 is sick, the new stang will be too, and from the pics i've seen, the interior is going to be awesome

again, at the 46k, it's going to have 3rd generation nav with sync, awd, twin turbo, leather, memory groups, heated and cooled seats, etc...

i guarantee the quality on this vehicle will rival the so called top brands

KenB
02-21-2009, 04:23 PM
who says this won't be a premium brand? ford's quality last year was only beaten by lexus'

ford's quality really is very good lately, even interior, the new f150 is sick, the new stang will be too, and from the pics i've seen, the interior is going to be awesome

again, at the 46k, it's going to have 3rd generation nav with sync, awd, twin turbo, leather, memory groups, heated and cooled seats, etc...

i guarantee the quality on this vehicle will rival the so called top brands

Time will show how good of a car this will be. I'm confident all the people making fun of it will be bragging about it in 1 year.

cstreu1026
02-21-2009, 04:55 PM
I didn't say it wasn't a quality car. Part of buying a Caddy, Lincoln, Lexus, BMW, or Benz is the shopping experience and the prestige that comes with the name. A price of $46K puts it up there with those premium brands.

I can tell you that no Ford dealer has ever come close to the service I have gotten at a Caddy dealer (either Camargo in Cincy or Jeff Schmitt in Dayton). In fact my experiences at the Ford dealers in the Dayton area has been the complete opposite.

Hell I think Hyundai builds a damn fine car these days but the biggest obstacle they have to over-come with the Genesis is the Hyundai name itself. I think thats is why Toyota has Lexus, Nissan has Infiniti, and Honda has Acura.

Evil_Capri
02-21-2009, 06:09 PM
I was thinking more in terms of what it will cost you to get one. THe MKS is already reasonably priced in my book and I would rather have the premium name plate on it for that kind of money. It may be fast and it may be a lot of car for the money but its still a taurus and if I were Ford I would be worrying that it was going to sell as well as the last two SHO's, which didn't exactly set the sales world on fire.

A loaded AWD MKS (non EcoBoost) runs ~$48K. And again, we don't know the sales projections FMC has in their business plan for the new SHO. Until I know that number I am hard pressed to say if it will/won't set the sales world on fire.

Evil_Capri
02-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Here is a photo from the Dallas Auto Show. Looks like Emerald Green . . . or Black.

Blackballed
02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
$46,000 ??????:dummy::dummy::dummy::dummy::dummy: Right on track to Auto nation recovery.

BigBadStang
02-21-2009, 09:54 PM
IT'S A T-A-U-R-U-S!!!!!! I'd refuse to pay that much for that thing, I'd rather have the GT500 hands down! But I still do want to see it, I'm sure it'll look pretty nice...

You are missing the P-O-I-N-T!!!!!!

The typical buyer in this segment doesn't have a use for a GT500. The GT500 is a brutally fast production PONY CAR, and the Taurus SHO is an all wheel drive FULL SIZE PERFORMANCE SEDAN...4 doors and all. The SHO can seat 4 with ease, with ROOM in the back, and some room in the trunk for more than a duffle bag. Would you want to take a road trip in the back seat of a GT500? How about having 2 teenage kids crammed into the back of a GT500 on a daily basis? (I can hear the bitching from the kids now! :lol:)
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a GT500, but to have one as a daily driver for me...NO WAY with a 13 year old daughter (already 5'8" tall), and a 14 year old son (6' tall), that's not an option.

KenB
02-21-2009, 10:00 PM
You are missing the P-O-I-N-T!!!!!!

The typical buyer in this segment doesn't have a use for a GT500. The GT500 is a brutally fast production PONY CAR, and the Taurus SHO is an all wheel drive FULL SIZE PERFORMANCE SEDAN...4 doors and all. The SHO can seat 4 with ease, with ROOM in the back, and some room in the trunk for more than a duffle bag. Would you want to take a road trip in the back seat of a GT500? How about having 2 teenage kids crammed into the back of a GT500 on a daily basis? (I can hear the bitching from the kids now! :lol:)
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a GT500, but to have one as a daily driver for me...NO WAY with a 13 year old daughter (already 5'8" tall), and a 14 year old son (6' tall), that's not an option.

Well said. I think people are hung up on the name Taurus. They are being caraist. lol

BigBadStang
02-21-2009, 10:14 PM

But, when you take what comes with the SHO (horsepower, AWD, paddle shift and other ammenities, what else is there to compare it with? A FWD Camry? How about the FWD Accord? The FWD Avalon? How about the FWD Buick Lucern Super? Maybe the RWD Charger, or the RWD 300? Maybe the RWD G8? That only leaves the so called "premium brands".
I get what you are saying about the name badging on the Taurus, but I also remember the Cimarron, and the Catera to name a few "premium brands". :rolleyes:

blk93notch
02-21-2009, 10:34 PM
that is going to one bad a!@ car. for me put some throaty exhaust on it and i would for sure drive it if i had a family. i cant wait to see it and for the price i dont think its all that bad since a charger hemi is like $37 and the taurus will have tt.

chadomac
02-22-2009, 12:08 AM
:popcorn:

NaomiDstangLvr
02-22-2009, 12:46 AM
I still think its ridiculous the price of it, I think they should pull down the price a bit, at least to $30k........

Rick93coupe
02-22-2009, 01:10 AM
Wonder if in a few yrs, someone will buy a wrecked one and put the drivetrain in a fox. That I would like to see.

CNTLOSE
02-22-2009, 08:13 AM
that is going to one bad a!@ car. for me put some throaty exhaust on it and i would for sure drive it if i had a family. i cant wait to see it and for the price i dont think its all that bad since a charger hemi is like $37 and the taurus will have tt.

A basic RWD Charger R/T is stickering at 32k. An AWD Charger R/T is 34k, both rated at 368 hp. Now with the 16k you save your options are unlimited...Plus you can get employee pricing and all the rebates, which brings it down to around 26k. Or if you do not care about the AWD spend 40k and get the SRT8 Charger and have 425 hp.

Im sure some will buy it, but enough to keep it around...that is something time will tell. Also lets see how greedy dealers are with them. The first GT500's were marked up 10k or more.

KenB
02-22-2009, 09:25 AM
A basic RWD Charger R/T is stickering at 32k. An AWD Charger R/T is 34k, both rated at 368 hp. Now with the 16k you save your options are unlimited...Plus you can get employee pricing and all the rebates, which brings it down to around 26k. Or if you do not care about the AWD spend 40k and get the SRT8 Charger and have 425 hp.

Im sure some will buy it, but enough to keep it around...that is something time will tell. Also lets see how greedy dealers are with them. The first GT500's were marked up 10k or more.

I think you're missing the point. This is a factory twin turbo. Ford always overbuilds their power adder cars. This car is no exception. They have upgraded the transmission and I know what this thing has made on the Ford engine dyno and it's impressive. I suspect there will be enough fuel system to add boost only and gain 100 hp.

Buy any of the above and you are investing alot of coin to get there. And the AWD system on the Dodges isn't known be be very good.

1986GT
02-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I think its going to be sweet. I really love it and would love to have one. I don't care what they named it, its still sweet. BUT I do have to say if I was going to come out with a car that sweet for that money I would have gave it a new name. Something never used before so that people wouldn't associate price and quality of past models and such. I feel its kind of like the whole bringing back the fiesta (festiva?) name thing we talked about a while back. Which ever one it was. You just can't make a car of that caliber and call it a yugo or something. People are going to have bad things in their heads about it. Although I like the old SHO's too.

firestang70
02-22-2009, 09:58 AM
This car is incredible. maybe when the Stang is paid off there might be used one for sale???

02mingryGT
02-22-2009, 10:02 AM
I think some are forgetting the fact that this eco-boost engine will be going in a lot of vehicles in the future. Also, how well the SHO does will not be that big of a deal. If it was a stand alone vehicle then it might be a problem but it's not. The base model Taurus will decide how successful this model year is. So most if not all the development money was spent to design a "Taurus" and the Eco-boost engine. This SHO is like a side project.

And for those saying it's not a smart business decision. How much money has Ford taken?

beefcake
02-22-2009, 10:02 AM

remember when i said 46k, that was on the one that we ordered that had every possible option as well, an awd charger isn't going to have heated and cooled seats, nav with sync, etc...

Black92LX
02-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I still think its ridiculous the price of it, I think they should pull down the price a bit, at least to $30k........

Just as a reference
The 1998 SHO Retialed for 29,995.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=44119

I have to say I am with Beef and Ken on this one. I am stoked about this car and honestly don't think for what you get the price is out of line.
I can't wait to see this car.
I am slowly starting to drop hints to my wife because she is next in line for a car would love to have one of these tuned by MD sitting in my garage.

The SHO will sell, I have no doubt on that. The SHO is not the car that everyone is looking for. There are still lots and lots of people out there spending lots and lots of money. Though the media will have you believe otherwise.

1986GT
02-22-2009, 10:35 AM
few pics

CNTLOSE
02-22-2009, 10:38 AM
remember when i said 46k, that was on the one that we ordered that had every possible option as well, an awd charger isn't going to have heated and cooled seats, nav with sync, etc...

A fully loaded Charger R/T is still in mid 30's with all the rebates and employee pricing...of course they do not have the sync. But for the big price difference I could do without a talking car. :lol:

CNTLOSE
02-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I think you're missing the point. This is a factory twin turbo. Ford always overbuilds their power adder cars. This car is no exception. They have upgraded the transmission and I know what this thing has made on the Ford engine dyno and it's impressive. I suspect there will be enough fuel system to add boost only and gain 100 hp.

Buy any of the above and you are investing alot of coin to get there. And the AWD system on the Dodges isn't known be be very good.

I was not really downing the Taurus, just stating what the price was on the Chargers. I still think it is a lot of coin for one, maybe someone can list the price for the car as bare as you can get it with this motor?

89notch
02-22-2009, 10:44 AM
I was not really downing the Taurus, just stating what the price was on the Chargers. I still think it is a lot of coin for one, maybe someone can list the price for the car as bare as you can get it with this motor?

37995 base price.

BigBadStang
02-22-2009, 10:58 AM
"Standard equipment will include all-wheel drive and exclusive shocks, springs and sway bars. A six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters on each side of the steering wheel also is standard."

"An optional performance package upgrades the brakes, adds electronic power steering and changes the shift points for faster acceleration."

"Acceleration is said to meet or exceed that of a BMW 550i (4.8 seconds to 60 mph and 13.3 seconds at 105.1 mph in the quarter."

"If the $37,995 base price sounds high, it's within $200 of the price of the last V-8 SHO sold in 1999, accounting for inflation. Clearly the power and performance have greatly outpaced inflation, as that 235-hp front-driver lumbered to 60 mph in a leisurely 7.5 seconds."

"Standard features on the SHO include Ford staples such as Intelligent Access with Push Button Start, the MyKey and capless fuel filler systems, SYNC and ambient lighting. Options include a reverse camera, adaptive cruise control, collision warning with brake support, and Ford's Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Alert (BLIS), a voice activated navigation system, front row massaging seats and a 12-speaker, 390-watt Sony stereo system."

CNTLOSE
02-22-2009, 11:15 AM
37995 base price.

That is much more reasonable. Aside from the Mustang, Ford has not really done anything that exciting in the last several years. That is why I went to the Dodges for daily drivers. I am glad to see Ford going this route, lets just hope they stay where the masses can afford them.

beefcake
02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
That is much more reasonable. Aside from the Mustang, Ford has not really done anything that exciting in the last several years. That is why I went to the Dodges for daily drivers. I am glad to see Ford going this route, lets just hope they stay where the masses can afford them.

in general ford has made bigger strides than any other automaker out there

the new f150, the flex, the fusion, the new taurus, the new mustang, and now a newer mustang, and a new fusion

7721Cobra
02-22-2009, 11:35 AM
The Ford booth at the Daytona 500 had one sitting there, I forgot my damn camera so I didn't get a pic. But it looked sweet!

Goldenpony
02-22-2009, 11:46 AM
in general ford has made bigger strides than any other automaker out there

the new f150, the flex, the fusion, the new taurus, the new mustang, and now a newer mustang, and a new fusion

I admit, the SHO looks like a hell of a car. Hopefully, it won't have 2 piece spark plugs or a heater control system that doesen't work right.

KenB
02-22-2009, 11:59 AM
I admit, the SHO looks like a hell of a car. Hopefully, it won't have 2 piece spark plugs or a heater control system that doesen't work right.

What's wrong with your heater control system?

Goldenpony
02-22-2009, 12:12 PM
What's wrong with your heater control system?

The heater in the '05 & '06 Mustangs have a problem in that when you select the floor vents, maybe half of the airflow still goes to the defroster. This is a recognized problem but Ford has chosen not to do anything about it. It was corrected on the '07 & '08 'Stangs. You can retrofit the newer heater controls, but it will cost you a small fortune to do it. When you complain about it to the service dept. (as I did when the car was still in warranty), you will get the standard line "It's normal", which it is not. Ford customer service is aware of the problem, has corrected it in the newer cars, but has chosen not to address it on the '05 & '06 cars.
Much as they ignored the 2 piece spark plug breakage problem.

I love my '06 Mustang GT convertible, but knowing how Ford seems to ignore serious problems, I don't know if I'll be buying another one.

KenB
02-22-2009, 12:16 PM
I've never noticed, I have an 05. I'm not sure I consider the heater problem serious.

The spark plug problem on the other hand of course is. I have been lucky enough to never had a broken plug by anyone in our shop. But I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Ken

Goldenpony
02-22-2009, 12:37 PM
I've never noticed, I have an 05. I'm not sure I consider the heater problem serious.

The spark plug problem on the other hand of course is. I have been lucky enough to never had a broken plug by anyone in our shop. But I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Ken

Like I said, I have the heater problem in my '06; while not as serious as the plug breakage problem, it is very irritating
in very cold weather. This problem should not exist in the S197 "new generation" Ford Mustang.

The spark plug problem is unforgivable. I am really surprised there has not been a class action law suit against Ford on this one. This problem has also been quietly resolved in the new models, and the owners of '05 - '07 Mustangs and F-150's have been abandoned by Ford and left to fend for themselves. I am in this group. I attempted a plug change (following the latest TSB to the letter) and the second plug snapped off. I had the car trucked to Beechmont Ford to be repaired. I was told their "best engine man" proceeded to break off 5 more plugs. I got a bill for $611.13 for removal of the broken plugs and installation of a new set of Motorcraft plugs. I removed the Motorcrafts and installed a set of the new 1 piece Champion plugs and now sleep a lot better. I eventually, after complaining long and loud to Ford customer service, was reimbursed for the bill. Most owners in my position were not.

As I said, don't get me wrong, I'm still a Ford man. I love my Mustang, and, over all, I like Beechmont Ford. It's Ford Motor Company that causes me some heartburn.