PDA

View Full Version : anyone have 65" Mitsibishi 1080p TV??

93cobra
02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
while on the subject of tv...."i posted question about direct vs dish yesterday"

i bought this f**king 65" mitsibishi 1080P big screen a little over a year ago at HH Gregg....

pretty damn nice tv & good HD pic for size...etc..bla bla bla

....until the s.o.b started throwing up "check airflow...tv shutting down" messages every other day a few months ago...didn't matter if it was turned on 10 seconds ago & not even close to hot...tv proceeds to shut down...turn it back on ...it might go for hours...might throw same message & shut down again...etc..

this going on for a month or so...finally "boom"...nothing...= lamp light is on...

of course...i didn't buy HH Greg extended warranty...

come to find out...supposedly a shit ton of these same tvs have bad sensors giving false info on temp...& some effecting bulbs...and mitsibishi supposedly is extending the warranty 2 additional years to clear up...

anyone experience this??

i need to get the damn thing fixed instead of sitting in the basement with a blanket over it...:mad:

93cobra
02-19-2009, 10:39 PM
come to think of it...if anyone wants the damn thing...i paid $2300 for it + $300 for the nice stand made for it"...i know I saw them for $1800ish not counting stand around christmas....with them going down in price "over $2600 with tax invested"..."receipts on hand"

whether i get it fixed first or whatever...anyone want the whole damn setup...I sell tv & stand for $1500 fixed "at least a solid $600+ savings & and it looks like the day i bought it"

its too damn big for the placement of my great room in my new house...im going to have to shell out some cash for big ol' flat screen to hang on the wall etc...

93cobra
02-26-2009, 10:25 PM
cannot believe it...mitsubishi is actually covering the sensor & lamp for free!...& are sending a service guy to the house to fix it....would have never called that...looks like i'll keep it..

Maximus
02-26-2009, 10:38 PM
LOL! Glad to hear guy!

Hows the Lil guy doing??

93cobra
02-27-2009, 12:06 AM
LOL! Glad to hear guy!

Hows the Lil guy doing??

AWESOME!...3 1/2 months old...just shy of 19 lbs!

69Cobra
02-27-2009, 12:17 AM
AWESOME!...3 1/2 months old...just shy of 19 lbs!

:bigthumb That's what its all about!

cstreu1026
02-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Mitsubishi used to make damn fine TV's but I am guessing their quality has fallen off a bit lately.