PDA

View Full Version : OSM / SFI Certified Tech Program Info

Kelly Pelrine
02-23-2009, 10:00 PM
As of February 2009, Outlaw Street Madness is now a member of the SFI Foundation Inc. We are offering a total of six spots for those who are interested in becoming a certified tech inspector at our events. All OSM techs will be required to be certified. Myself, and two members of Edgewaters staff will fill three of the positions leaving three open. I will be hosting a tech seminar (date to be announced) followed by administering the open book test. Details are listed below:

Certification Criteria:
1. Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Applicant must attend the OSM technical seminar.
3. Applicant must complete the open book written exam.
4. Applicant must successfully answer 20 questions within a 30 minute time limit. Applicant is allowed to answer incorrectly as many as three questions.
5. Applicant must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of OSM rules, the fair and impartial application of OSM rules and procedures, and the character to uphold the integrity of OSM.

Upon successful completion of the terms and conditions of the application, each SFI/OSM certified inspector will receive:

1. A letter of notification indicating the results of the exam.
2. An SFI Certified Technical Inspector Identification card.
3. An SFI Certified Technical Inspector uniform patch.

Interest in the program does not automatically qualify you for a testing position. Applicants will be chosen based on the criteria above, at my sole discretion and in the best interest of the OSM series. Once the applicants are selected, i will determine a date that the applicants can agree on to host the seminar and exam. NHRA and OSM rule books will be provided to you for the exam.

All interested applicants please email me at kelly@outlawstreetmadness.com no later than March 14th 2009.

Thank you and good luck!
Kelly