PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Fluid Water Fall - Help Needed

PaulFiveOh
02-25-2009, 04:51 PM
I have a case fill C4 with an aftermarket pan on it and a manual RVB.

I was pushing my fox hard yesterday on the high way, parked it, got back in and went to go and it wouldnt drop in to any forward gears.

Got under it and I was leaking fluid every where.

I got it up in the air today and started it after pouring some ATF in it.

ATF started spewing out of the top of the case, inbetween the pan and the bell housing. It was coming out from the top of the pan, in between the 2 bolts on the front of the pan.

It seems like to me I simply need to drop the pan, put a new gasket on, and tighten it back up.
Does this sound right and am I explaining this well enough so that you understand where I am trying to say the fluid is coming from?

Thanks for your help.

chad393na
02-25-2009, 08:53 PM
It's possible that the pump gasket is leaking. That is were it comes from when it does, don't ask me how I know:( Clean it real good and have someone start it while you watch closely.

347sc
02-25-2009, 09:08 PM
It's possible that the pump gasket is leaking. That is were it comes from when it does, don't ask me how I know:( Clean it real good and have someone start it while you watch closely.

:agree:

PaulFiveOh
02-25-2009, 11:51 PM

How do you access the pump gasket?

Thx

k062693w
02-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Pull the tranny, it's behind the convertor...
And you have a PM

PaulFiveOh
02-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Pull the tranny,

:AR15:

5.0calypso93lx
02-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Paul, I wish I had an extra garage there so you could pull the trans, but if you need any help let me know. I could probably roll the mustang out of the one garage for a few hours, but I can't leave it out overnight. I've got a jack/jackstands/tools if you need them. Only thing is, saturday would be the first availibility that I have to help you out.

PaulFiveOh
02-26-2009, 01:26 AM
That's cool of you man. I appreciate that. :)

If the fix is something simple like dropping the tranny pan and redoing the gasket I may take you up on that.

How ever I have a feeling it may be k062693w said, in which case I will pick it up on a roll back that I have access too.

Greg Seibert
02-26-2009, 09:36 AM
I had a C4 do that once, and it turned out to be a cracked front pump.