PDA

View Full Version : Finally have somewhere to put my tools

KenB
02-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Been buying alot of tools over the last couple of years and really outgrew my tool box. So decided to pull the trigger on a new setup.

93cobra
02-26-2009, 10:21 PM
awesome....looks real good!

PonymanfiveO
02-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Talon orange ftw! :drool:

DeckerEnt
02-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Looks Cool!!! Now you have to buy more tools to fill it.
Keith

KenB
02-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Looks Cool!!! Now you have to buy more tools to fill it.
Keith

I can't afford it after buying all that, lol. I should be able to put a good dent in it with what I have with some room to grow.

Ken

plattner01
02-27-2009, 04:50 AM
nice tool storage cabnets

soslow
02-27-2009, 05:05 AM
Those boxes are big money and so are tools these days.. When you buy the good ones like snap on , matco and cornell and all that good stuff you will be broke before you even get a sockets set lol , I'm not a mechanic was at a friends shop looked threw a tool book from snap on and i couldn't believe the prices..

MADMOD
02-27-2009, 06:33 AM
I would love to have one of those Matco tool carts. I really don't know where I would put it but man they friggin sweet!

KenB
02-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Those boxes are big money and so are tools these days.. When you buy the good ones like snap on , matco and cornell and all that good stuff you will be broke before you even get a sockets set lol , I'm not a mechanic was at a friends shop looked threw a tool book from snap on and i couldn't believe the prices..

No doubt. I used to be against buying the name brand tools. But there are alot of benefits. He comes to me so I never have to go searching around for a tool. I'm supporting a local guys business, When I need a tool I get it, don't have to pay up front. Of course that costs more but when I need a tool I need it. Also the warranty is the biggest thing. I never get one problem from him if I have an issue. Plus good tools work better believe it or not. Not in all cases but for the most part there is a difference. At some point you have to draw the line though. I really wanted a snap on setup, they are a little nicer. Or if not snap on the higher series of Matco. But I just couldn't see spending that much and what I have will be fine.

Ken

aperacer
02-27-2009, 08:51 AM
good luck... the tool truck and tool accounts are like crack....15 years in now... third tool box, always a bigger one each time, and still out of room.......and you cant tell the tool guy no.....

KenB
02-27-2009, 08:57 AM
good luck... the tool truck and tool accounts are like crack....15 years in now... third tool box, always a bigger one each time, and still out of room.......and you cant tell the tool guy no.....

Yeah I'm beginning to see that. As I'm signing the paperwork for that he's telling me how many more thousands of dollars I have left I can spend that I was approved for. Told him to BACK OFF! lol

Silver Bullet
02-27-2009, 09:51 AM
I would love to have something like that for my garage!:bigthumb

RACEME
02-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Looks nice. I am still in awe of the one our resident farmer just upgraded to.

5.0calypso93lx
02-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Good lord, business must be doing well :bigthumb

IWRBB
02-27-2009, 01:13 PM
You will like that wide top drawer, I hate the boxes w/o the big top drawers.

8banger
02-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah I'm beginning to see that. As I'm signing the paperwork for that he's telling me how many more thousands of dollars I have left I can spend that I was approved for. Told him to BACK OFF! lol

Looks Nice Ken.Yes those tool dealers see FRESH MEAT and start rubbin their hands together(HE>HE>HE).Luckly I've been buyin for over 20 years now,so only 1 tool payment and not that often.I remember the days when I was younger though,3 tool payments a week..:eek: ..I actaully had a similar snap on version(biggest they make bottom) but what I hated was the top became a catch all for just about eveything from books to tools,Soft drinks,etc.The big top door was great but sucked having to open it everytime you need a different socket or what not.So I've down graded alittle to smaller top and bottom and 2 lockers.

cobrajoe
02-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah tool boxes are crack I swear. I'm at 40" top and bottom Craftsman but I see a jump to at least the 52" in the future. I'm doing my garage floor and custom cabinets first though.

Kelly Pelrine
02-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Nice setup Ken! Im still drooling over the bench your dad made :bigthumb

Buckeye
02-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Well looks like Ken is the matco man's ho for at least a year, he will stop by once a week and colect his money (You better have it or he will get pissy!!) lol

Nice set up I love buying Good tools but I refuse to buy the "gold wrapping paper" for them I have like 15-20g in tools (maybe more)and all stuck in a Husky box from home depot or lowes

holeshot
02-28-2009, 03:03 AM
very nice! can u use that sweet setup to put on some adjustable koni's for me this spring?

glassman
02-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Well looks like Ken is the matco man's ho for at least a year, he will stop by once a week and colect his money (You better have it or he will get pissy!!) lol

Nice set up I love buying Good tools but I refuse to buy the "gold wrapping paper" for them I have like 15-20g in tools (maybe more)and all stuck in a Husky box from home depot or lowes

I have a MAC box that is exactly identical to the red husky box at home depot
I thought about buying it and putin the MAC sticker & emblems on it. Hell maybe I should & trade them both in on somethin like Ken's. :lol:

beefcake
02-28-2009, 10:47 AM
sweet,

those nice boxes are cool as shit

i never thought i'd own one, but a guy that fell off the wagon at work here needed money for his drug habit and sold it to a guy for $1400. nice snap on box

the guy didn't need it, but figured he could make some decent cheese as the it supposedly cost about 10k total with the stainless top, upgraded wheels, etc..

he wanted 2500 for it, i got him down to 2k and set a check made out for $1800 in front of him and he took it

cleaned my garage up great

i still have about 5 open drawers to fill up lol