PDA

View Full Version : Help-Roush exhaust tips

PONYGRL
03-01-2009, 07:42 PM
I have a roush rear fascia I need to put on my car but right now I have the roush off road exhaust, which has the round roush chrome tips. The square roush tips I need to switch to are around $80 each, so over $160 total.

I was told by someone that pepboys sold a square exhaust tip that works with the roush rear bumper but I couldn't find it on there site. The tips were supposed to be a lot cheaper, shiny chrome and the same exact size as the square roush tips.

Surely there is some other kind of off brand exhaust tip that will fit the rear bumper that is a helluva lot cheaper.

Has anybody seen these tips or know where I can buy some square tips that will fit? I need them asap so that I can finally put my rear bumper on.

The dimensions of the tip are apx. ~7inches at the top, 8in at the bottom (they are slightly angled), and they are apx 4 inches tall.

Here's the roush link to them: http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=352

OrangeStang04
03-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I would contact Stage 3 Motorsports:

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/

They will help you out with anything 'Roush' related. I have been dealing with them for years (actually about to make a quite sizable purchase from them Monday) and I wouldn't order anything I needed from Roush for my car from anyone else... The owner is Bill Lindsey, tell him a member from FnSweet sent you to him and he will give you one hell of a deal. I really wouldn't trust any type of 'value-brand' tip from Pepboys, remember you get what you pay for

Black92LX
03-01-2009, 09:40 PM
just pay for the real thing.

after your non stainless cheap tips start rusting you will be at the same price when you have to replace them because they look like trash.

PONYGRL
03-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah I guess that is true. I was trying to find them used on a newer stang w/mufflers but didn't have any luck with that either. I guess I'll have go through with the roush ones but I figured I would check on here first. Thanks guys.

plattner01
03-02-2009, 09:05 PM
modular depot sells roush stuff maybe they can get them cheaper?

PONYGRL
03-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Sweet thanks. I will check into that. The cheapest I have found them at is at a ford dealership across the country and they are like $60/each and new. But then I would have to pay shipping on top of that, so I will check out md for sure.

mustangboy
03-04-2009, 01:56 PM
after your non stainless cheap tips start rusting you will be at the same price when you have to replace them because they look like trash.

Then she can bring them to me to be powder coated.

MuStAnGMaDdNeSs
03-16-2009, 09:10 AM
i think you should just go with the true roush tips. that way when you look at them you will know they are the real thing instead of knowing they are just replicas.